Kaer Morhen - Return of the Witchers - Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, December 18, 2016, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedEve

Primarch, I posted my character in the character thread. I assume that was alright, since you approved of the last version of the CS I sent you.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Primarch

@RedEve, that's fine!

@Laughing Hyena, looks good, post him up!

@Vlexia, looks good, post her up!

@Deamonbane, keep the business interests to a minimum. Defeats the purpose of being a wandering itinerant monsterslayer by trade if they have other reliable nesteggs to fall back on. Sorceresses tend to be wealthy, especially the ones we'll be interacting with. Witchers tend to be the opposite. Otherwise, yeah post him up! I'd say Conor & Mael know each other quite well. Would have gone through the Grasses & training together.

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

bubby

Primarch

Quote from: bubby on December 28, 2016, 03:02:57 PM
*Blink*

Heya bubby. We've not been in a game together in long time, hope to see you in this one!

grg5

Character:Kantrad of Tridam
Player:Grg5

Role: Witcher/Blacksmith
Specialties:

• Metallurgy & Bombs
  • Blacksmith
  • Naturally Talented with numbers but without any education.

Personality:

• Skeptic with tendencies to cynicism but a good heart.
  • Very curios.
  • Sometimes lazy.
  • Highly regards persons who speak a harsh truth rather than concealing it, he hates lies but seldom shows this to anyone as he lies himself nonetheless.
  • Can seem even more apathetic than he already is.
  • Not a big fan of too much attention.

History:

• As a son of a blacksmith in Tridam he always wanted to study at the University of Lan Exeter. His father told him, if Kantrad could proof himself as a well enough Blacksmith he could study there, a lie Kantrad happily believed for far too long.
  • Being very lazy until the lie (well, as lazy as one can be at the age of not even five) Kantrad poured everything he had into becoming a better Blacksmith afterwards, not just becoming quite talented but after not too many years nearly surpassing his own father in skill. A fact Kantrad concealed from His father as he always reacted very poorly to anybody being better then him and Kantrad had no reason to believe he would be treated differently in any way, instead he tried to learn from other sources and hide any accomplishments until he could proof his worthiness for the University.
  • Before Kantrad ever got to reveal his progress and skill to his father he got traded away at the age of eleven, his father was happy to get a better deal and not having to feed another unskilled mouth as Kantrads older brothers were help enough. This way he ended up being the debt payment of some Nobleman which lead him to Kaer Morhen, eventually undergoing the Trial of Grasses.

Relationships/Connections:

• Open
  • Open
  • Open

Additional Details:

• Prefers speed and agility in Combat combined with his good situational awareness.
  • Always wears a little bit of silver somewhere on him.
  • Rides a black mare named stiddy.

Oh this sounds very good, well contrary to my character, I'm not quite happy yet and there are some things still missing but it's quite late already here and I might as well share my interest and progress and also ask if the age is young enough with eleven to arrive at Kaer Morhen but I'd quite love the idea of being both, Witcher and skilled Blacksmith for everyone. Well anyway, it's a start if you want to have me.  :-)

Edit:Added a little bit.

Wicked Vixen

The three sexiest things ever said...

"I believe that whatever doesn't kill you..simply makes you.......Stranger...."

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

Wicked Vixen

Character: Esmerelda Satin
    Player: Wicked Vixen

Role: Hunter/Herbalist

Specialties:

• Skilled Archer/Aim
    • Acrobatics/Agile
    • Prefers light arnor

Personality:

An adventurer and explorer at heart.

Loves a challenge and to test her limits.
    Is stubborn at times and is reluctant to ask for help.
    Esmeralda likes the company of both men and women.
    Despises cruelty and people who take advantage of others.
    Loyal to her friends.
    [/list]

History:

• Born in Skellige to a pair of merchants who were killed by wolves during a business trip. Esmeralda was saved by a passing hunting party where an older man named Ivan would adopt her at the age of 5 where he taught her the ways of living off the land. (Hunting and gathering)

A passing Witcher one day told her stories. He had captured her imagination and wonder with his stories of fighting moinsters and other things in the wild. This made her come to respect and admire those who became witchers. It was like something right out of the stories she would hear in the village. As she grew up she became a very skilled hunter in her own right. One day she was sent upon by a griffin and though she did her best to fend off its attacks she was at a great disadvantage. However a different witcher than before happened upon her amd saved her live. Due to wanting to see the world, experience a great adventure and to pay off a life debt Esmerelda has stuck by the Witchers side ever since.

Relationships/Connections: Open

Additional Details:

Esmeralda is 20 years old.
    Rides a black horse with a silver mane called Midnight.
    Likes to drink and watch horse races.
    Hates fish and loves kittens.
    If not already obvious she is bisexual

[/list]

If anyone would like a traveling companion please let me know i can edit my background with your name specifically or a sorceress instead if someone likes my character idea.

"You see, madness, as you know....,is like gravity.....All it takes is a little push......"

"Since distance equals velocity times time, let's let velocity and time approach infinity, because I want to go all the way with you."

LeSane

Wicked before Prime says anything I should tell you that only males are witchers.
    'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Wicked Vixen

LeSane

Character: Serugei of Nilfgaard
    Player: LeSane

Role: Witcher
    Specialties:

• Gifted with the Yrden sign
    • Magnificent Tracker of both Man and Beast
    • Large Weaponary

Personality:

• Surgei has always carried himself in a well-mannered, exemplary fashion, well-nigh indistinguishable from that of nobility; his mannerisms, coupled with his keen intellect, often leave people astounded that he was once a slave. He has learned to be this way around others though this is just a rouse; a mask of sorts.
    • Relies on cold logic and reasoning, placing higher precedence on success than compassion. He will show compassion though it is not an act.
    • Apathetic to the deaths of his comrades' or the innocent if it means his own survival. This also goes for himself.
    • Despite the false affection he displays towards some comrades, he comes to believe that they are like himself are expendable, nonetheless, considering them nothing more than tools for achieving a goal.

History:

• Is an Ofir who's mother was a captive in the land of Zangvebar from there his mother and older sister were sold off into slavery. Eventually, they were swiftly taken by a wealthy Nilfgaardian who took his mother as his mistress in secret because of her beauty. She gave birth to him in secret in fear the Madam of the house would kill him. When he came of age the young boy was to be the servant to his master's 'First' child while his sister did not have such an 'proper' fate. She was traded off to be another man's concubine. To this day he has tried to gain some information of both his sister and mother but assumes they have both perished. One day the Lord was assaulted by a Woodland Spirit and was saved by a witcher. The Nilfgaardian Lord thanked the Witcher for his heroism with gold, but 'The Law of Surprise' was invoked upon him. When he came to take his child instead, he took Serugei revealing that he was his first child rather than the one from his wife.

The Witcher brought young Serugei to Kear Morhen where he would take the first steps; The Trail of grass which he barely survived and was brought up with his fell recruits to be a Witcher though many from his class did not survive the grueling test. There were times Serugei thought of fleeing but knew they would catch him eventually, so he endured and became one of them. A witcher. The concoctions made him taller and built to hand the cuts, scrapes, and bruises.

• Open
    • Open
    • Open

Additional Details:

• Unlike the other witchers he has fashioned both his Silver and Steel swords to a saber like fashion. He does this as an homage to his homeland even though people make the 'curved sword' comment.
    • As an Ofir he was already looked down upon, but being a Witcher has not made it any better. He is the cheating, the spitting as he passes, and mean looks. If he had any feelings, he would say that it hurts.
    • Owns a Monter Gwentt deck even though he dislikes the game since he finds it annoying. He will not play unless there is anything else to do, and he will find something if possible. Even going as far as making something up to avoid the game.
    • Is untrusting of most humans because they have attacked him instead of paying him. His fellow Witchers do not know it, but he killed the ones who fell back on the contract and dared to kill him just to save a few crowns.
    'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Primarch

@Grg5 - Just drop a message when the CS is done

@LeSane - If he makes his own weapons you'll want to replace one of your specialities with blacksmithing or something similar. He can also have simply found them in the armoury or purchased them. Your choice. If he has a history of killing people that don't pay it will get back to Kaer Morhen eventually. Word will spread and right now Kaer Morhen is the only source of Witchers. Otherwise he's fine, make any tweaks you like based on what I just said and post him up.

IC is also up

LeSane

Well, I assumed that he got them custom made or at the very least had a fellow witcher made them with the crowns he's collected so far due to his contracts. As for those he has killed in the past if asked it wouldn't be anyone that would be missed mostly Mercenaries, Bandits, and such who put up contracts. My witcher takes the more... shady contracts.

Primarch

Having them custom made/purchased is just fine. App reads like he made them himself.

I'm going to deny the shady contracts/murdering people that hire him for now however. The Witchers/Sorceresses are in a tremendously precarious position and anybody putting them at risk with that sort of behaviour would be dealt with. Once we bring in the Witcher contracts you can make arrangements with someone to NPC an encounter and he can kill the person that refuses to pay him and make a plot point of it.

fireflights

Primarch, I'm making a second character...hope this one works...

Character: Caridin
    Player: Fireflights   

Role: Witcher
    Specialties:

• Use of the 'Somne' Sign
    • Good with talking to the Locals, can smooth over almost any issue that arises if he learns of it.
    • Crossbow - Very good with the crossbow in combat

Personality:

• Caridin is a charmer by nature, he will flirt with ladies just because he can, he doesn't mean anything by it to be honest. He just likes to see them smile.
    • He's caring, which is unusual for the Witchers given they tend to have less emotions than most.
    • He can be serious when the need arises and he's extremely loyal.

History:

• Caridin was born in Toussaint and as a small child worked on the orchard with his brothers and sisters.
    • When he was ten, he was aquired by the sorceresses when one came to stay with his family and told them of their desire to turn him into a witcher.
    • He was from the second batch of Witchers made from the group, he's traveled far and wide to complete his training as well to become a full witcher.

Additional Details:

• Terrible at Gwent, hates the game
    • Loves the ladies, they also seem to love him but he tends to leave a lot of broken hearts about.
    • He can be a bit vain at times.

I have taken the oath of the Drake

Livin in MD now.

Not taking anymore one on ones but ones already discussed with the partners.

Primarch

fireflights

Livin in MD now.

Primarch

I'm trying to keep specialties limited to 3, otherwise it looks fine!

fireflights

Livin in MD now.

Primarch

There's still 4 skills over 3 but otherwise fine. Clip one and put him in approved.

fireflights

Duh, silly me I'm a bit tired. Got rid of one... lol

Livin in MD now.

la dame en noir

I wasn't sure if you got my PM or not, but are you looking for more witchers?
    Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
    A&A | FxF |
    O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

fireflights

I think we are... I mean I know we have more sorceresses than witchers atm, I just made a Witcher but I also play a sorceress.

Livin in MD now.

Primarch

My sincerest apologies, I'm afraid it got buried under a few others and I forgot to get back to you. D:

We are absolutely accepting more Witchers!

fireflights

Livin in MD now.