Fandomverse (Recruiting)

Started by Cynadea, August 14, 2013, 03:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

I'll play Cara as she's probably my favorite character in the TV series.

to add to that list, I'm playing Spock (Abrams alternate universe) and I'd like to see Dr McCroy, either one. Just because I like the interaction between the two personalities
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Cthonig

Sorry about flaking out.
    I really like the concept of blending universes but I'm not thrilled with playing canon characters. So even though I named a bunch of people – most in fun – almost none of them felt right. I did watch "My Best Friend is a Vampire" again for the character of Jeremy Capello and was going to write him up. Then things went south for me – I didn't even log in for most of a week. Now that I'm reading things again – I've read most of the RP – I'm not sure how well Jeremy would fit in.
    The way things have gone the past week or so, I'm going to hold off. I'm looking at getting "Star Trek Into Darkness" – the one with the model of the Vengeance from Walmart – and I'll see if the new Khan feels right.

Faustus

Quote from: Cthonig on August 27, 2013, 07:35:45 PM
    Sorry about flaking out.
    I really like the concept of blending universes but I'm not thrilled with playing canon characters. So even though I named a bunch of people – most in fun – almost none of them felt right. I did watch "My Best Friend is a Vampire" again for the character of Jeremy Capello and was going to write him up. Then things went south for me – I didn't even log in for most of a week. Now that I'm reading things again – I've read most of the RP – I'm not sure how well Jeremy would fit in.
    The way things have gone the past week or so, I'm going to hold off. I'm looking at getting "Star Trek Into Darkness" – the one with the model of the Vengeance from Walmart – and I'll see if the new Khan feels right.
Mmmm I was so torn about getting that one or the variant with the phaser. Its been a hard call for me!

Anyway, know that if Khan does feel right, I'm still eager to work out what we were talking about! And, heck, even if it doesnt come geek at me about the film. :D

“You may my glories and my state depose,
But not my griefs; still am I king of those.”

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

PoppyHoneymeade

Bumpity!

Still open for people to join.

Here's a link to the wiki with all the current characters and their suggestions for people they would very much like to see in the game. Though of course you don't have to choose one of those.

https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Fandomverse

Pick a Canon, pick a character and come play with us!

Faustus

Trolling around and seconding that we are still open to getting more characters. We haven't even gotten a drop in the bucket of possibilities out there!

The game is also just preparing it's first event, which would be a fantastic opportunity for new characters to enter and interact!

C'mon. You know you want to.

ON's and OFF's || Plots and Ideas || A/A's and Owed Posts [Updated 02/12! Please see.]

steelsmiter

I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Ember Star

Guys, your excitement is great. But remember to please be respectful of the bumping policy. Mind you, I think that manly applies to the owner/starter of the thread, and since the event was mentioned it counts as a update. But we don't wanna get in trouble for "unnecessary bumping"
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Faustus

Quote from: Ember Star on September 12, 2013, 05:51:50 PM
Guys, your excitement is great. But remember to please be respectful of the bumping policy. Mind you, I think that manly applies to the owner/starter of the thread, and since the event was mentioned it counts as a update. But we don't wanna get in trouble for "unnecessary bumping"

Exactly what was being done in the form of an exciting PSA to encourage new players.

Cynadea

Still looking for new characters! The possibilities are infinite!

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Cynadea

Still looking for characters!

There's a masked ball going on right now where your character could join and mingle with people, perhaps even bet on the people who are selling dates for charities.

For characters that already exist and for the wishlist, there is a page on the wiki:
https://elliquiy.com/wiki/Fandomverse

Cynadea

Shameless bump!

Saw the shiny banner in the news box yet? :D

Orange Marmalade

This sounds vaguely interesting....hmm..... :)

Cynadea

It's more than vaguely interesting, I can assure you ;)

Would you have a character in mind?

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Aysande on October 11, 2013, 03:12:21 AM
It's more than vaguely interesting, I can assure you ;)

Would you have a character in mind?

No, none at all. yet:) I started looking and got overwhelmed! LOL There's too many possibilities.

Also, how do you work it when multiple actors have played a character? Or a character is split in movies? (Examples would be like Hulk with multiple actors, or Luke Skywalker with young and old versions, or just James Bond in general, or any of those TV series/movies where people just randomly get swapped between episodes/sequels.)

Cynadea

We have some very concrete example of this in the game right now.

Kahn from the last Star trek movie and Sherlock from the BBC version are both played by Cumberbatch. The characters are aware that they might have "doubles" in the universe. It's something people can explore. Like Watson walking up to Kahn and start talking to him...

The other example we used to have was 2 Sherlock Holmes, which is totally fine. We had the BBC version and the Downey version, if I recall. That's also completely fine. Each version of the character have their own quirks, their own faces, they might meet and interact. Who knows, Gotham might end up with 5 Batmans... lol.

Cerevan

Looking For:

If anyone has seen the recent premiere of Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, you may have noticed the extreme amount of UST going around. I would love to capitalize on that and hope some other people feel the same. ;) I plan on playing Alice. As for what I'm looking for...

Ideally, I'd like two other interested players to take on the roles of the Knave of Hearts and Cyrus. While I wouldn't mind a bit of fighting over the fair lady's hand (>:)) it would hopefully evolve beyond that into mad OT3 love. Less ideal but still awesome would be a player for just the Knave, for some Knave/Alice. I could also be convinced (fairly easily) into doing Cyrus/Alice.

Things to know: I don't care about the gender or sexuality of the player. I can work with characters who are "switchy" but I tend to prefer more alpha males—and I see the Knave and Cyrus as two perfect examples of alpha males in different aspects. While I don't need or want Bossy McDom, there's charm in protectiveness (Cyrus) and a touch of cocky arrogance (Knave). I don't inherently plan on this having D/s or Kink aspects (aside from the potential OT3) but I would be open to negotiation on that front. :-)

Please PM if interested!

Gypsy

Would there be any interest in having Saffron (aka 'Yolanda' aka 'Bridget' aka 'Mrs. Reynolds) in the game, or she too much a secondary character from Firefly?

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=286451.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=244545.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=279617.0"></a>      <a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=245953.0"></a>     

🌹🔥🌹   on 'no writing' hiatus    🌹🔥🌹    not available    🌹🔥🌹    formerly 'Briar Rose' & 'GypsyRose'    🌹🔥🌹

Orange Marmalade

I've got like 5 ideas rolling around in my head right now... ugh! Maybe :D

Ember Star

Quote from: Briar Rose on October 11, 2013, 07:12:09 PM
Would there be any interest in having Saffron (aka 'Yolanda' aka 'Bridget' aka 'Mrs. Reynolds) in the game, or she too much a secondary character from Firefly?

We accept secondary characters too and I'd personally would love to see her here.

Kokaine

So I've tried to ignore it and be good but...

I may have an interest in playing Alice or even Jill Valentine from Resident Evil >.>

And if you'd allow, Bo Dennis from Lost Girl
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Ember Star

I know there's actually a request up for somebody to play Alice. The others would be great too.

ff

Saffon from FF and Alice from RE are awesome.

A masked ball sounds delightful, and Aysande, I might  be interested in joining as Rayne, a half-vampire vigilante from the Bloodrayne game/movie/comic series. (I see we have a few other vampire or vampire hunters in the game, Blade and Selene and Abigail). I see there's a 'date auction', would it be too late for my character to be on on the auction block?

Cynadea

I've put a date limit for people to offer their characters, and the thread started after that date. You can still join the festivities tho.

Jag

I'll have a character sheet sent in soon...hopefully...unless my kindle dies on me...which is possible since my battery life is only 12%…

*goes to find her charger*
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

ff

Anyone interested in working out a sideplot / shared backstory? (If you are LMK either here or via PM). Something like my character and yours are working together to pull off some con or ruse or hustle. (Can we have characters who already know each other from their share time in the Fanverse, or is it like everyone just now sprang onto the Fanverse from their separate continuities.)