News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fate/Infinity

Started by Garuss Vakarian, June 16, 2014, 02:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 17, 2014, 03:45:35 AM
I've been thinking of either caster or lancer as well xD I was considering Achilles for lancer (Most likely genderbent) or Cleopatra as a Caster (according to the mythology, she was the reincarnation of Isis which was the goddess of magic)

I haven't made my decision yet though.

Achilles has official stats as a Rider, though I think it makes sense that he could be summoned as either a Saber or a Lancer as well, if need be.  I have to admit, though, I like the idea of Cleopatra being summoned as a Caster. ^^

Lynnette

Quote from: Kunoichi on June 17, 2014, 03:57:33 AM
Achilles has official stats as a Rider, though I think it makes sense that he could be summoned as either a Saber or a Lancer as well, if need be.  I have to admit, though, I like the idea of Cleopatra being summoned as a Caster. ^^

Well, the saber spot is already being held up because Fate isn't the same without Arthuria. We'll see what Hati pick first, then I'll make my decision.
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Garuss Vakarian

Vlad Tepesh. What a funny guy. He swears to lead his people to victory, peace, and sovereignty. And then proceeds to do horrible things such as dining on the children of traitors and forcing them to dine on their own children alongside him. *Yucky.* Yeah..... But, I suppose all nations have their great and noble hero's, that could also be viewed as monsters. It is true he has been made to have his own stats in fate. But, Apocrypha is not canon in this so. Go ahead and make him your own, if you wish.

Achilles would make a great Lancer! Also, Being gender bent is nothing new in Fate. And so thus the same rules apply with Achilles as I said with Vlad. Change him as you wish. This is after all mainly AU. Consider their pre existing stats as An example of what you can do.

As for Cleopatra, as said in pm. A unique, and good idea for caster. Either idea is good. And, since both you and hound are considering both Lancer and Caster. Id suggest communicating in pm. (Thats if you have not already.)

Edit:
QuoteWell, the saber spot is already being held up because Fate isn't the same without Arthuria.
Sorry if this was a bother. lol. >_< .

Lynnette

I've been looking at the archer role as well, Atlanta (Archer of Red in Fate/Apocrypha) Would work as an archer role since Gilgamesh is like, the definition of overpowered. Plus, it's one of the few archers in the Fate universe that actually use a bow.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Garuss Vakarian

Yeah, very few actual Archers. But Archer is really just a title. Archer needs only to be a ranged combatant mainly. Another good idea for archer would be Artemis, but that goes directly into god territory so. Probably wouldn't work.

Lynnette

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 17, 2014, 04:13:05 AM
Yeah, very few actual Archers. But Archer is really just a title. Archer needs only to be a ranged combatant mainly. Another good idea for archer would be Artemis, but that goes directly into god territory so. Probably wouldn't work.

Besides this, Jeanne d'Arc (Was the Ruler class in F/A) had the base stats of the Saber class, but I've read up a bit about Jeanne, and it turns out she was commonly seen with a bow, not a sword (Or both of couse). I'm considering to play her as the archer class as well, since most archers till this point (apart from the Archer of Red of course) have been using swords rather than bows/crossbows/thrown weapons, it could work.

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

I'm reading through Vlad's info on the wikia and he's really growing on me. I'd like to claim him for the lancer role, if possible.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Garuss Vakarian

If you wish to claim him, then so be it. :) I hold a first come first serve mentality.

Hmm, Jeane D'Arc as Archer? That is a good idea as well. It is true that she has been more commonly depicted with a bow. I believe more specifically the Crossbow correct?

*Gilles de Rais sneaks into the conversation.* "Is that you my Sweet Jeane! My holy Virgin has come back to me!" :P I have just successfully made things weird. Lol.

Lynnette

Quote from: Garuss Vakarian on June 17, 2014, 04:25:28 AM
If you wish to claim him, then so be it. :) I hold a first come first serve mentality.

Hmm, Jeane D'Arc as Archer? That is a good idea as well. It is true that she has been more commonly depicted with a bow. I believe more specifically the Crossbow correct?

*Gilles de Rais sneaks into the conversation.* "Is that you my Sweet Jeane! My holy Virgin has come back to me!" :P I have just successfully made things weird. Lol.

It wasn't way too specific, might have been.

Oh my god that got me laughing way more than it should have xD
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Garuss Vakarian

Well, I believe what type of bow depends entirely on your preference between Cross or Recurve bows. None the less. I am glad I made you laugh. ;) It was totally my intention. XD

Moon Hound Hati

I laughed when I read this part of Vlad's page:

QuoteWhen considering classes, Saber and Archer are discounted due to him having no known legends of using swords or bows, Assassin and Berserker are considered out of the question, and the possibility of Caster is considered almost zero. Rider and Lancer both seem viable, but the attributes of a Rider seem too low for someone who will receive such a fame boost. Vlad being summoned as an "absurdly overpowered Lancer" is the most likely candidate.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

Garuss Vakarian

Ha ha, that is quite a funny little paragraph indeed. :P .

Kunoichi

Yeah, that passage is referring to Vlad's appearance in Fate/Apocrypha, where the Grail War is taking place in Trifas, Romania, just a few miles away from the town where he was born.  That gives him a huge fame boost to his base stats due to all the local legends about him, and then his personal skill, Demonic Defender of the State, is also all about giving him the home field advantage.  The Rider class is all about 'low stats, but multiple powerful Noble Phantasms', so the Lancer class was the best fit for the abilities they wanted him to have.

Moon Hound Hati

Yeah, I read that really boosted his stats and that he was also the leader of the black faction. DD of the State and Kazıklı Bei: The Lord of Execution looks like it's a really strong combo if used wisely when going on the offence or to fortify a place you want to defend. Got 99 problems but 20k pikes ain't one!

pendarious

*reads all the stuff about Jean and sees the thing with Fate/Zero Caster and falls over laughing*

Vlad is a royal pain in the ass in Fate/Extra and he's utterly screwy too....yeesh. I was playing Fate/Extra with Caster as my servant and I just couldn't win...then again it was probably more a matter of being about the same level as vlad was rather than higher but eh...that's debatable.

Cleopatra as caster is also in amusing choice especially considering it fallows the trend of casters having tragic back stories.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Lynnette

Quote from: pendarious on June 17, 2014, 07:48:19 AM
*reads all the stuff about Jean and sees the thing with Fate/Zero Caster and falls over laughing*

Vlad is a royal pain in the ass in Fate/Extra and he's utterly screwy too....yeesh. I was playing Fate/Extra with Caster as my servant and I just couldn't win...then again it was probably more a matter of being about the same level as vlad was rather than higher but eh...that's debatable.

Cleopatra as caster is also in amusing choice especially considering it fallows the trend of casters having tragic back stories.

The main difference between her and King Arthur's appearance is sex appeal.[4]

Was the best part.

F/Extra is a PSP game, isn't it?
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Jeanne has some nice... uh, "plots" going for her. ;)

Lynnette

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on June 17, 2014, 07:54:07 AM
Jeanne has some nice... uh, "plots" going for her. ;)

Well I do like me some "plot"

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Moon Hound Hati

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

pendarious

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on June 17, 2014, 07:50:53 AM
Was the best part.

F/Extra is a PSP game, isn't it?

yes it is and the cast of servants is interesting to say the least. I also know the servants from Fate/Extra CCC but since I haven't played that one I don't know much about them.

anyways the ones in extra are:

Archer: EMIYA (Archer from Fate/Stay Night)
Caster: Tamamo No Mae (quite possibly my favorite character)
Lancer: Cu Chulainn (Lancer from Fate/Stay Night)
Saber: Nero Claudius Caeser Augustus Germanicus
Rider: Francis Drake
Archer: Robin Hood
Caster: Alice (Yes from Alice in Wonderland)
Lancer: Vlad the Impaler
Berserker: Lu Bu
Berserker: Arcueid Brunestud (From Type Moon Work: Tsukihime)
Assassin: Li Shu Wen
Saber: Gawain (another knight of the round table go figure)
Saver: Buddha
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Moon Hound Hati

Lynnette

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on June 17, 2014, 08:30:01 AM

Sweet and delicious plot...

And it would seem like we're not the only ones enjoying plot...

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Drake Valentine

Umm, is it just me or the Font for Kunoichi's character sheet looks screwy?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Lynnette

Quote from: Drake Valentine on June 17, 2014, 09:34:19 AM
Umm, is it just me or the Font for Kunoichi's character sheet looks screwy?

I'm 99.9% sure that it was intentional, it's not just you.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread