Corruption of Champions [TAKEN]

Started by Nygenn, July 04, 2017, 08:03:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nygenn

Perhaps you are familiar with the text based browser game Corruption of Champions, perhaps not. It doesn't really matter as we'll be giving our own twist on things and just drawing inspiration from this game and others like it.

The Premise
The medieval town of Tristram used to be a beautiful and remote place with rich traditions, buried deep in the wilds. It was a peaceful place until some years ago when the people began getting attacked, abducted and usually raped by demons of various kinds never seen before. It did not take the town long to form up a resistance and fight off the ever increasing ambushes. The brave citizens tracked the demons up the nearby mountain where they discovered a shimmering portal. This portal, they discovered, lead to the world of Mareth, a world overrun with demonic taint and corruption, so much so that the borders of the world were starting to weaken and tear. Now having located the source of the demonic invasion the people of Tristram managed to stem the flow somewhat, but noticed that the portal, was slowly getting more unstable and leaking more corruption into the world. They opted to select a champion who would venture into the world of Mareth and quell the demonic taint at it's source. Every year a new hero is selected to go in, but never are they seen again and while the flood of demons that break through lessens for a time it never fully stopped.

The World of Mareth
The world of Mareth is a distorted place, rendered unchartable by the land's wild magic. While travel within a location is stable, travel between places is far more accident than design. There are remnants in the world which hint that it must have been a beautiful place at one point long ago, before the corruption set in and altered the very nature of the land and people. Many supplies have taken on transformative properties which can alter people's gender and species partially or fully. What inhabitants remain in the world are a wildly varied bunch of mixed animalistic, demonic, even some divine races. The world is not completely lost yet, but it's on it's last legs if something doesn't change soon.

Our Story
For our story I thought it would be fun to play two citizens from Tristram, either the next formal champions or a brave/foolish/unlucky pair, who end up in the world of Mareth to face all of it's erotic, transformative dangers together, but I am open to alternatives of course. Here is where be begin out cooperative story telling.

Some suggestions

• Two siblings
  • Both can be champions
  • One could have followed after the other
  • They could have been abducted by some demons
  • One can be a native from Mareth
  • One can play a demon rebelling against it's own kind

Requirements
As mentioned before, you are not required to be familiar with the game this RP is based on. It's very easy to get into and I'll explain more as its needed.
You don't have to be a super active poster either. Posting daily is welcome of course, but we'll aim for weekly if possible.

What is required however, is that you are an open minded, literate writer. I expect real character development with thoughts and personalities delivered in multi-paragraph posts. There will be smut, probably quite a lot of it, but I need there to be story connecting all the events. The characters need to have personality so that whatever happens actually means something.

As for what our character will go through fetish wise, we'll discuss what boundaries we won't cross before we begin and as we go along, but if you are not interested in possibly being subjected to fantasy races, magical creatures, beast people, demons, and crazy proportions then this may not be the RP for you unfortunately.

I ideally want to focus on our two characters and relationship between them as they are confronted with the magic of Mareth and meet with its inhabitants. There will be NPC's and various enemies of course, but I'd like those to serve as contrast or catalysts between the main characters.

Oh and of course no god modding, but any halfway decent writer will refrain from doing this anyway, right?  ;)