Rogue Trader Interest Check [Full]

Started by Jaded, September 17, 2014, 12:09:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadmanshand

Multiples of careers and ships is cool with me. I could even be persuaded - if there isn't quite enough for a second ship - to make a character for the other ship.

TheGlyphstone

I don't see anyone looking to play an Explorator yet, so count me in for that.

Pumpkin Seeds

Looks like I have some reworking to do.

Pumpkin Seeds

So..a bad noble will have to suffice.

Life on Mars

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 17, 2014, 10:52:24 PM
Looks like I have some reworking to do.

Do you have Into the Storm? The expanded Origin path adds "Penal World" as a homeworld were Imperial World stands on the origin path.

Jaded

Please post your characters here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213788.0
For discussion: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=213789.0 (to figure out the ships, for any sort of interlinked character backgrounds, and general chatter).

Ship 1: Wrothful, Emissary of the Imperator
Ship 2: A Nose for Trouble, Reliquary of Mars

Pumpkin Seeds: Seneschal (Purser)
Muse: Rogue Trader (Lord Captain?)
ArcherCC: Missionary (Ship's Confessor)
Primarch: Navigator (First Officer)
HairyHeretic: Rogue Trader (Lord Captain?)
Life on Mars: Astropath Transcendent (Choir-Master Telepathica)
deadmanshand: Arch-Militant (Master-At-Arms)
TheGlyphstone: Explorator

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 17, 2014, 11:02:55 PM
So..a bad noble will have to suffice.

Hmm?  Are you not going with the Penal World idea anymore?  I think it just replaces Imperial World on the Origin Chart.

Pumpkin Seeds

The -5 Fellowship kind of stings since many of the things dealing with a Seneschal are Fellowship based.  Ideally I will be taking noble and pretty much keeping to the same path since the two aren't far apart on the table.  She will be the daughter of a Governor that makes his money dealing with the underworld and the underhanded, from which she picked up quite a bit.

AndyZ

Seems like we have more than enough people.  I'll step aside.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Pumpkin Seeds

I'm seeing that there are a lot more roles to have filled.

Life on Mars

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 17, 2014, 11:13:38 PM
The -5 Fellowship kind of stings since many of the things dealing with a Seneschal are Fellowship based.  Ideally I will be taking noble and pretty much keeping to the same path since the two aren't far apart on the table.  She will be the daughter of a Governor that makes his money dealing with the underworld and the underhanded, from which she picked up quite a bit.

Aw, I wouldn't let something like a little ol' -5 get ya down. Remember, you would be surprised how big a fellowship bonus you can get when you're holding the gun!

ArcherCC

-5 isn't a biggie Pumpkin, I have a total of -5 toughness, and -3 to weapons.

TheGlyphstone

So, I think I'm going to go with a Tainted Explorator from an Unnatural Origin (Contaminated Environs). Riddled with mutation, and driven to join the Mechanicus as a way of replacing his corrupt, unclean flesh with holy and blessed metal.

Pumpkin Seeds

Honestly, I did like the idea I was going with but this one is turning out pretty well.  I decided just to dive into the charmer aspect of the class and so far I do like what is emerging, so we'll see.  Hopefully with her Fellowship and her skills, she'll be a smart and charming woman that can also gain that bonus for being the one with the gun.

Pumpkin Seeds

Salem Scrye Character Picture

Salem Scrye Clothing Style

Salem Scrye Character Sheet

Salem Scrye
Fifth Daughter to Lord-Governor Bethor Scrye of Coraari, Second wife to Commodore-Captain Czeka Vistor

Home World: Noble
Birthright: Savant
Lure of the Void: (100xp) Seeker of Truth
Trials and Travials: (150xp) Decadent
Motivation: Renown

WS: 25    Int: 48
BS: 40     Per: 35
S: 25       Wp: 38
T: 25        Fel: 53
Ag: 45

Wounds: 8
Fate Points: 3
Corruption: 1
Insanity: 0

Traits -

Etiquette (+10 to interaction tests with high authority figures and in formal situations), Vendetta, Legacy of Wealth (+1 Profit Factor), Charming (+5 to Charm Tests)

Talents -

Basic Weapon Training (Universal), Pistol Weapon Training (Universal), Decadent, Peer (Nobility), Peer (Underworld), Peer (Mercantile)

Skills -

Barter (Fel)
Charm (Fel)
Commerce (Fel)
Common Lore (Underworld)(Int)
Deceive (Fel)
Dodge (Ag)
Evaluate (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Archeotech)(Int)
Inquiry (Fel)
Literacy (Int)
Logic (Int)
Scholastic Lore ( )(Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic)
Speak Language (Low Gothic)(Int)
Speak Language (Trader's Cant)(Int)

Roll Result: Pumpkin Seeds rolled: 1d10
Result: 9

Roll Result: Pumpkin Seeds rolled: 1d5
Result: 4,

Interview with Salem Scrye
I have always held a fascination with numbers.  To quantify the world in which we live requires a studious mind and a depth of understanding the numerical value of things.  Each item, every person and numerous details of this world tucked into easily defined and seen numbers.  Then each properly placed thing can be placed into the proper formats and equations so that their truth is known.  The order of numbers from the chaos of life, such beautiful marvel that I create with a stroke of my pen.  Since a child I have had this fascination and I dare say that I will not let go anytime soon, Lord-Captain.

My father first showed me the brilliance of numbers.  Economics was my first introduction to equation and mathematics, the business of money made into neat numerals for the consumption of my mind.  One of many children I had to gain my father’s attention in some manner and he appreciated a fine intellect and sharp mind.  From me he witnessed such a thing if I might be so bold, from me he found an equal mind to match.  Perhaps you have heard of him in your travels my Lord-Captain, Planetary Lord-Governor Bethor Scrye.  Maybe not then, but regardless our family has served the Emperor well throughout our history as leaders and noblemen and women.  Such an ancestry is not maintained on our laurels I assure you and though I knew my time to take the governorship would never come, I strived to advise as best I could whichever of my siblings might take my father’s place.

Pity really that my father was not so smart as he thought.  Numbers do lie my Lord-Captain, they lie quite well in fact but never on their own.  You see it is us that inject into them the lie, which give them the powers of deception that they wield so well.  So when I detected the lies of my father’s numbers, I knew that they were also his own lies.  Shuffled accounts and manipulated estimates, interest rates and statements that did not align as they should in a number set without deception.  My poor family had their dealings all set out before me and I knew that our fortunes were not simply from the revenues of taxes and family investments.  Well, in a way I suppose these were family investments.

Shocked Lord-Captain?  Speechless that I would say such things out loud before a prospective employer?  Please do not be as these secrets are of little consequence to you or in truth my family.  I know when to open my mouth Lord-Captain and when to quietly let my lips close.  Now as I said there was quite evidently some shuffling of accounts and when I approached my father there was quite the fury.  Still my numbers were absolute and my calculations without flaw.  So from five to one I rose.  Pleasant how those numbers are so simple to say yet carry so much weight in our eyes.  From fifth to first."

LuciusLeche

OI! What Say yah to da Ork rules frum Into The Storm? Say fer a minnit dat one of da boyz wanted to be tagging along this here grunty little jaunt through the void, eh? Its got me might curious it does.
"If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you." -Oscar Wilde

On's and Off's

More On's and Off's

Landshark

Would love to play but i gave all my books to friend and cant work up a character unless someone knows of a generator online somewhere.

Muse

I'll get a lord captain concept brewing after lunch.  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

HairyHeretic

Would it be permissiable to take the Agent of the Throne elite advance package from Into the Storm?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Jaded

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on September 18, 2014, 12:00:29 AM
Salem Scrye Character Picture

Looks good from a quick glance, please post her in the character thread. :-)

Quote from: LuciusLeche on September 18, 2014, 12:43:46 AM
OI! What Say yah to da Ork rules frum Into The Storm? Say fer a minnit dat one of da boyz wanted to be tagging along this here grunty little jaunt through the void, eh? Its got me might curious it does.

Hrm.  I'm not sure.  I am not entirely opposed to a xeno, but at the same time I'm not sure how well he would get along with ArcherCC's character (as well as the others).  Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Quote from: HairyHeretic on September 18, 2014, 04:26:37 PM
Would it be permissiable to take the Agent of the Throne elite advance package from Into the Storm?

I need to look over the rules for elite advances better when I have time, but from the look of it it costs 600xp to take?  Which is more than a starting character would have available?  Though admittedly the base xp of 500 but bid how much you want bit is confusing me at the moment and I don't have time to fully dig through it.

Primarch

Name: Spartacus Aurelius
Career: Navigator

Attributes:
Weapon Skill: 40 [40 ]
Ballistic Skill: 30 [30 ]
Strength: 35 [35 ]
Toughness: 45 [45 ]
Agility: 33 [30 +3Vaunted]
Intelligence: 30 [30 ]
Perception: 32 [35 -3Vaunted]
Willpower: 45 [45 ]
Fellowship: 35 [35 ]

Wounds: 10
Fate: 3

Corruption: 3
Insanity: 5

Skills:
Common Lore (Imperial Creed) (Int)
Common Lore (Imperium) (Int)
Common Lore (War) (Int)
Common Lore (Navis Nobilite) (Int)
Forbidden Lore (Navigators) Int
Forbidden Lore (Warp) Int
Literacy (Int)
Navigation (Stellar) Int
Navigation (Warp) Int
Intimidate (Str)
Psyniscence (Per)
Scholastic Lore (Astromancy) (Int)
Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int)
Speak Languge (Low Gothic) (Int)

Talents
Dark Sight
Decadence
Resistance [Fear]
Peer (Inquisition)
Navigator
Pistol Weapon Training (Universal)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive)

Gear
Best Craftsmanship Hellpistol - 35m S/2/- 1d10+4 Pen: 7 Clip: 40 Rld: 2 Full
Best Craftsmanship Metal Staff (Mono Upgrade) - 2d10+1 Pen: 2 Special: Unbalanced
Best Craftsmanship Xeno-Mesh Armour - Arms, Legs & Body 3
Emperor's Tarot Deck
Silk Headscarf
Nobilite Robes
Charm
Micro-bead

Powers
Foreshadowing
The Lidless Stare

Mutations
Eyes as Dark as the Voice
(Int), Common Lore (Imperium) (Int), and Common Lore (War), (Int) as untrained Basic  Skills.
Liturgical Familiarity: Literacy (Int) and Speak Language (High Gothic) (Int) as untrained Basic Skills.
Starting Wounds: Imperial world characters double their starting Toughness Bonus and add 1d5 to the result to determine their starting number of Wounds.
Starting Fate Points: Roll 1d10 to determine an Imperial world character’s starting Fate Points. On a 1–8, he begins with 3 Fate Points; on a 9–10, he begin with 4 Fate Points.

Vaunted
Gain Decadence Talent
+3 Agility
-3 Perception

Chosen by Destiny
Fated for Greatness: You gain +1 Fate Point, but you also suffer 1d10+1 Insanity Points.

Dark Voyage
Things Man Was Not Meant to Know: Resistance [Fear] talent.
Marked by Darkness: 1d5 Insanity Points

Prestige:
Gain Peer (Choose One) Talent

Magisterial House
Warp Focus: Once per game session force a single opponent to re-roll a successful test when testing to resist the effects of The Lidless Stare power.
Pure Genes: Whenever testing for mutation, treat as routine (+20)
Exalted Lineage: +10 bonus to interactions with members of Imperial Nobility
Initial Mutation: Eyes as Dark as the Void

XP Expenditure

Starting 500xp
Intimidate (100xp)
Secret Tongue (Navigator) (100xp)
Melee Weapon Training (Primitive) 100xp
Sound Constitution (200xp)

Bio Coming Soon

Tackyhillbilly

Do you have room for a Voidmaster?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Jaded on September 18, 2014, 06:29:21 PM

Hrm.  I'm not sure.  I am not entirely opposed to a xeno, but at the same time I'm not sure how well he would get along with ArcherCC's character (as well as the others).  Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

No one has Hatred (Orcs), so I suppose it'd be no worse than any other Sanctioned Xenos...though that is important to keep in mind. An Ork who's joined a Rogue Trader's retinue will have a Mark of Sanctioning - effectively a sort of slave brand that identifies the Rogue Trader who 'vouches' for him in Imperial Society. It's not really something the Ork will care about one way or another, just another weird scar the 'oomies want to be able to see, but it puts the Rogue Trader as responsible for any crimes the Ork might commit - deliberately or accidentally. So whoever's playing the RT should definitely be able to at least voice their opinion.

ArcherCC

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on September 18, 2014, 06:40:31 PM
No one has Hatred (Orcs), so I suppose it'd be no worse than any other Sanctioned Xenos...though that is important to keep in mind. An Ork who's joined a Rogue Trader's retinue will have a Mark of Sanctioning - effectively a sort of slave brand that identifies the Rogue Trader who 'vouches' for him in Imperial Society. It's not really something the Ork will care about one way or another, just another weird scar the 'oomies want to be able to see, but it puts the Rogue Trader as responsible for any crimes the Ork might commit - deliberately or accidentally. So whoever's playing the RT should definitely be able to at least voice their opinion.

The problems would arise from the whole Gork * Mork thing. If the Ork was a devote servent of the God-Emp, there isn't a problem, but a Imperial Creed violating Xeno, sounds like a call for the rightous flamer and good book.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: ArcherCC on September 18, 2014, 07:54:34 PM
The problems would arise from the whole Gork * Mork thing. If the Ork was a devote servent of the God-Emp, there isn't a problem, but a Imperial Creed violating Xeno, sounds like a call for the rightous flamer and good book.

That's what the Mark of Sanctioning is for. No one cares what foolish lies a filthy xenos believes, because it's a filthy xenos, but being Sanctioned means it has been certified by a member of the Ecclesiarchy or Administratum as being a filthy Xenos whose service benefits the Emperor. It's actually a special Trait - Sanctioned Xenos - that costs 800 XP to buy, but means the character can wander off on their own as long as they keep their 'registration' papers close at hand. Without the trait, they're a (literal) illegal alien who's basically shipbound at all times unless they have a handler to speak for them.

Orks only get one Career anyways, Freebootah. There aren't any Ork Missionaries, so their lack of belief in the Emperor is about as relevant as their hair color.

ArcherCC

I will admit I haven't read that part over yet, but if thats how the mark works My character would be more accepting of his (her, it, all Orks are sexless) presence, even if he does spend time trying to convert the Ork. And hey ya never know maybe the Missonary ends up keeping the Ork around as a bodyguard type.