on line survey

Started by despickable, June 23, 2013, 05:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

despickable

Is it just me or are there now on line surveys added to E?
A highlighted text to click on a picture or link and it shows a drop down box and a link to an online survey.
Is this a sponsored link for the site ?

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page
[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=133839.0]
[/url][/url]Despickable's Ons and Offs

Caeli

Elliquiy doesn't do sponsored advertisement links on the forums.

The advertising links are most likely due to malware caused by a browser plugin or add-on that is installed in your browser.
You may have inadvertently installed it as an add-on or an extension to some other add-on, package, etc.

The following link describes some possible causes and solutions to the problem:
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Advisory-How-to-Remove-Unwanted-Text-Enhance-Links-from-Your-Website-303566.shtml

BotCrawl comes up several times as a source that has step-by-step instructions on how to fix the unwanted linking:
http://botcrawl.com/how-to-remove-text-enhance/#Disallow
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

despickable

thanks   for the info
Most of these want me to buy a programme I wondered if there was a free fix up available?
Not sure how the first link works on the adobe thing as i click where it indicated unsure if that worked

“We have multiplied our possessions but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often. We’ve learned how to make a living but not a life. We’ve added years to life, not life to years.” – George Carlin
Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

I live by Malwarebytes.  They have a free version that works great!

Google it and you will be happy.  :)

despickable

thanks for that It is scanning as we speak

Also in the add remove program I found a thing called yontoon which I believe was the culprit  it has been removed

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

Good luck!  I bet it fixes the issues. 

Beguile's Mistress

That has happened to me when I've tried to buy an online game and in order to play they want you to download their game manager.  Drives me crazy.  I do what you did and look at the latest programs added to the computer and remove them.  It's cleared up the problem right away.  Also, malwarebytes is great.

despickable

well none of that worked as I still seem to be getting the links
Deleted most of the things I felt it would be still getting links I even rebooted.
I can put up with it but I would like to know how to get rid o it.
I tried the adobe thing but no idea how to do that I click on the box as it said but appeared nothing happened. I figure I am doing something wrong

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

Can you pull up the Task Manager and screenshot or get a list of running processes?  Maybe one of us will see something in there that will help identify the bad guy. 

despickable

Not sure how to do that but happy to have someone advise me how. Im not as tech savvy as I should be

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

Me either!  :)

According to the Googles, do this.

Procedure:

1. Open command prompt with admin rights. That is, type in cmd either in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl + Shift +Enter.

2. Click continue if you get User Account Control (UAC) Prompt.

3. Here, first type the command tasklist and hit enter to see the list of running processes.

tasklist

4. If you can see the running processes then type another command tasklist>c:\list.txt which gives you the output as list.txt file in “c” drive. Note that you can change the drive letter “c” and also the output file name(list).

tasklist1

That should give you a text file of everything then you could copy and paste.  Maybe, like I said, one of our geniuses can see if there's a bad one running.

despickable

Quote from: Branwen on June 24, 2013, 07:39:00 AM
Me either!  :)

According to the Googles, do this.

Procedure:

1. Open command prompt with admin rights. That is, type in cmd either in Start menu search box and hit Ctrl + Shift +Enter.

2. Click continue if you get User Account Control (UAC) Prompt.

3. Here, first type the command tasklist and hit enter to see the list of running processes.

tasklist

4. If you can see the running processes then type another command tasklist>c:\list.txt which gives you the output as list.txt file in “c” drive. Note that you can change the drive letter “c” and also the output file name(list).

tasklist1

That should give you a text file of everything then you could copy and paste.  Maybe, like I said, one of our geniuses can see if there's a bad one running.

Im stuck here I have no clue what most of this means
I went to the start list and typed in the first bit I see no place to type in tasklist or anything else. I have a list of drives etc but nothing else.
I ran malware and superspy ware the problem still exsist

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

It's totally okay.  We can do this.  :)

Start Button
  ==>All Programs
      ==>Accessories
          ==>Command Prompt

You should get a black box that looks something like this:

In that command prompt (the black box) type in:

tasklist>c:\list.txt

and hit Enter.

It might look like nothing happened and that's okay. :)

Now, go to
My Computer
  ==>C:

and scroll down the list of files until you find a file called list.  Double click it to open.  You may see something like this (I only showed the first few items):

Image Name                     PID Session Name        Session#    Mem Usage
========================= ======== ================ =========== ============
System Idle Process              0 Services                   0         28 K
System                           4 Services                   0     37,924 K
smss.exe                       508 Services                   0         64 K
csrss.exe                      640 Services                   0      1,968 K
wininit.exe                    692 Services                   0        140 K

Just copy and paste that here and maybe we can see what the thing it that's hijacking your computer.

despickable

it is blank nothing on the list file just a notepad that is blank

when pasted in the command box tasklist i got message that said the internal and external is not recognised

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

Hmm.

I'm so sorry.  I'm out of ideas.  :(

despickable

guess im buggered then Hopefully it will sort itself out
There are worse issues to worry about than this I thought it would be an easy fix. Oh well
I can live with it

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Caeli

Does this happen on all browsers, or just one?

If it's just one browser, have you tried disabling all add-ons in whatever browser you were using, and then enabling them one by one to see what causes the links to appear? Or do they appear even with all add-ons disabled?

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

despickable

it appears to only happen on Google chrome.
I found a thing called slam dunk saving 1234 on both browsers I deleted it from firefox but it is ticked on chrome it appears not to be able to be unticked Clicking on it makes  no impact at all.
So other than deleting chrome, or switching off as I have to go to bed now anyway, I can't remove it manually from chrome. It is in extensions I have no add ons on chrome
I wonder how else i can active it the box to untick it. The other extensions have trash cans next to them this on doesn't. So I what other advice  do you have ?

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Oniya

Found these steps on the Web:
Step 1:  Open Chrome, click on the Settings icon, and navigate to Tools -> Extensions.
Step 2:  Select the app installed from the list of extensions, and click Uninstall.

Will it let you do that?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

despickable

No
As I mentioned it shows the the program but all others are in faded print and can be changed  this one does not and also has no icon of a bin next to it

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Caeli

If it's not too big of a hassle, I would suggest you simply fully uninstall Google Chrome and then try re-installing fresh.

{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ

despickable

I have thought of that and will do i may not bother reinstalling it
Im not sure tho if I would get my favorites back if I reinstall it

Despickable's A&A 
Despickable's Wiki Page

Branwen

Oniya

Quote from: despickable on June 25, 2013, 05:38:55 AM
No
As I mentioned it shows the the program but all others are in faded print and can be changed  this one does not and also has no icon of a bin next to it

I'm sorry - I misread your post and thought that Chrome had both types of 'extra stuff' (i.e., add ons and extensions).  Sorry for the confusion!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Nessy

Spybot Search and Destroy has been known to pick up things MalwareBytes has not.

http://www.safer-networking.org/

That's another option... this is assuming that you choose not to uninstall Chrome or when you do the problem still exists.
Ons and Offs    Short Term Ideas,
Misc. Long Term Ideas

If you send me a PM and I don't respond, chances are I just missed it. Send it again!

Some heroes don't wear capes. Some just #holdthedoor.