Garthalla: Customized/Homebrewed 3.5 DnD Recruitment

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 20, 2019, 04:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Phaia on March 22, 2019, 04:12:51 PM
total
17, 15,15,15, 14, 12

well okay i guess from 12 rolls let me see what I can come up with!

Just remember check setting information (for info and inspiration) and also homebrew class section for class changes and homebrew templates I have created.

Laughing Hyena

Dunno why but the small thought occurred to me that Incarnum reminds me of Defilers and Preserver wizards from the Dark Sun setting.

Re Z L

Name:  Maya Kritri
Race:  Changeling
Class:  Wizard 7/Shadowcraft Mage 3
Description: An alien seeming woman with white hair to match her snowy skin which stands in stark contrast to her all-black eyes.  Though she wears her natural form frequently, she tends towards other shapes and appearances to either mislead others or simply fit in when surrounded by other less accepting peoples.  She seems to have no particular form to which she gravitates, instead shifting to whatever strikes her fancy.
Biography: Maya was born under mysterious circumstances within the City of Sin.  There were rumors about who the father might have been, but her mother was one of the many prostitutes of the city.  She had claimed that methods were used to prevent pregnancy, but somehow the potent seed took root and left her with a changeling child.  They weren't as uncommon in that place as they were in many other parts of the world, or perhaps they were simply just more well known.  Perhaps the City of Sin was just an easier place for the shadow-beings and doppelgangers to find their pleasure, or intentionally breed the strange, alien children.  Whatever the case, Maya's mother cared for her for a period of time before eventually she was shunted off to a small commune of similarly-birthed children.  Maya had, by then, learned to hide her nature, but found it demeaning to be forced to do so.  She would disguise herself as human most of the time, but would sometimes shift back to her true body when unsupervised, or just to frighten some of the other children.

In time she showed a promising aptitude for magical training, and while she wasn't afforded the greatest of lessons, she learned some of the basics and began to put her skills to use as an entertainer in the City of Sin.  She had a remarkable skill for illusionary magics, which she used to great effect to entertain, arouse, or terrify clients of a local theater-like establishment.  She knew even then that she wouldn't stay, but it was a means to an end to grow in strength and earn a little money before attempting to strike out on her own.  She practiced on her own with other forms of figments and apparitions, learning to reach into one of the realms of her ultimate origin to weave the shadow-stuff of nightmare realms into more tangible, real illusions.  Her mind, already slightly askew from being what she was, fractured slightly then, granting her a strange view of the worlds that they all lived within.  She harbored a secret reverence of the moon rather than the other various gods and goddesses, due to its changing nature and the connection it had with the dark.

She eventually joined the Adventurer's Guild, earning herself a Bronze Tag easily enough.  She likely could have continued to increase her rank, but was disinterested.  Names and titles and deeds were easy enough to ignore as far as she was concerned, so while she continued to accrue reputable deeds.  Perhaps she limited herself in a way, but it meant she could simply follow the lead of other, "higher ranked" adventurers without much effort on her part.  She continued to expand her expertise in illusions, unlocking some of the final secrets of weaving the shadow-stuff into her figments that allowed her an almost limitless potential to fool her foes.

Character Sheet:  https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1864703
A&A

greypsychman

OOC: My rolls were 16, 15, 14, 14, 13, and 13 (so after the experience level adjustments for 4th and 8th level he has 16, 15, 15, 15, 13, and 13)

Name: Sir Aeldrik Arneson of Calandor
Race: Human
Homeland: Calandor of the Hundred Kingdoms
Class: Knight

Description: Aeldrik is tall and possess a muscular build because of his warrior training. For his size he is also rather agile. Aeldrik has blue eyes, with short brown hair, and a closely trimmed beard. He uses the Bastard Sword as his primary weapon. Aeldrik is friendly and has generally optimistic viewpoint toward life. He tends to try and see the best in people, which can make him appear a little naïve. He is a brave and courageous fighter who firmly believes in justice for all along with treating all others with respect.

Biography: Aeldrik’s father, Arne, was a soldier and his mother, Edwyna, worked as a cook. Aeldrik has a sister, Joselyn, who is 5 years older than him, another sister, Kendra, who is 3 years older than him, and one sister, Danica, who is 3 years younger. Aeldrik grew up learning to read, write, and gain familiarity with the history, legends, and ballads. Because he was big, strong, and his father was already a soldier, Aeldrik was given military training which included mounted combat. At the age of sixteen, Aeldrik was allowed to join a patrol that was to drive a goblin raiding party off. Even though this was his first time in combat, Aeldrik performed well. In fact, he was responsible for personally slaying the goblin bands’ second in command.  Over the next two years, Aeldrik became a better warrior and was placed as the sergeant in charge of a group of four mounted scouts.

On one occasion, shortly after Aeldrik’s twentieth birthday, Aeldrik and his four scouts came upon a group of fifteen bandits who had ambushed a carriage. The battle was fierce and Aeldrik was slashed across his abdomen. He kept battling in spite his wound and was the last survivor of his group when all the bandits were eventually slain. The lady in the carriage, who was a noble woman and took Aeldrik back to his village so he could heal. He bears a scar on his abdomen to this day. After he recovered from his injuries, Aeldrik was given the title of a knight but no land in thanks for his actions. He resumed his scouting duties and performed them well for another year.

For the last several years as a Knight-Errant, or a knight who doesn’t serve a lord, Aeldrik traveled around having adventures. He participated in tournaments.  While he never won any, he usually gave a respectable showing. One of the primary ways he survived was to provide entertainment, songs and stories, when traveling in exchange for food and shelter. Another thing Aeldrik did was to assist villages with bandit problems. In return for food and shelter, Aeldrik would stay in a village and “deal” with bandits that were harassing the village.  When the problem was solved, Aeldrik moved on to another village. Aeldrik was gaining quite a reputation with the common folk and the upper class as well.

Name Here: Sir Aeldrick Arneson of Calandor
Class: Levels Fighter / 10
hp 82 (0 HD); DR none

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Size creature type: Medium
Init +2; Senses none; Listen +2, Spot +2
Aura
Languages Common, Elven, Dwarven

AC 21, touch 12, flat-footed 19; (Dodge)
Immune none
Resist none; SR 0
Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +4

Speed 30 ft. (armored 20 ft) (0 squares)
Melee +3 bastard sword 17/12 (damage 1d10 +8)
Ranged +1 throwing axe (returning) 15/10 (damage1d6 +4)
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk 10/5; Grp 13
Atk Options
Special Actions none
Combat Gear +2 Mithral Chainmail, +1 Small Steel Shield, +3 Bastard Sword, +1 Throwing Axe (returning). +1 dagger

Abilities STR 16, DEX 15, CON 15, INT 13, WIS 13, CHA 15
SQ none
Feats Athletic, Acrobatic, Endurance, Toughness, Persuasive, Armor Proficiency (Light, Medium, Heavy), Shield Proficiency, Tower Shield Proficiency, Simple Weapon Proficiency, Martial Weapon Proficiency, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Bastard Sword), Mounted Combat, Weapon Focus-Throwing axe, Weapon Focus-Bastard sword, Weapon Specialization-Bastard sword, Dodge
Flaws Naïve
Skills
Possessions combat gear plus Light Warhorse, Riding horse (pack animal), other miscelaneous items

Muse

*waves* I've been reading up for a while now.  Am i too late yet?  ^_^;;
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Laughing Hyena

Muse

After much perusal of the class information, i'm interested in three diferent ideas.  I'll list them in the order i find most interesting, but I'd probably play whichever one would round out the part best :

I'd be interested to play a Xeph Crysal Singer.  I don't have any details on her yet save that I envision her as a lissome dancer along with all that is implied in being a crystal singer.  As a random brainstorm, she mgiht be descended from one of the loyalist houses who--after the empress's death--took refuge among the druids.  That's just a random thought though! 

The second concept to interet me is a half gold dragon girl--a warrior or samurai of some sort.  She's basically a 'runaway princess'.  Her draconian parent--from Karmandu--has expectations of her she does not wish to fulfill, so she has gone into self imposed exile as a wandering swords woman. 

My third idea--and i'd be inclined to play this if we're short on divine casting power--is simply a favored soul from Karmandu.  She (or he?) would be warrior/healer, making use of swift healing spells like Close Wounds and other tricks that allow him to tend to his allies health while still fighting on the front lines. 

Does anyoen have an idea of which of these concepts would be of greatest use to our group? 

Hyena:  Ah, ha!  That always makes it harder to find a concept! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Phaia

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 22, 2019, 04:23:06 PM
Just remember check setting information (for info and inspiration) and also homebrew class section for class changes and homebrew templates I have created.

I am not up on D&D 3.5. Pathfinder yes but my 3.5 books have long since been stored deep and a away.

So good luck and have fun!

Phaia

Muse

My rolls in order rolled:  12, 18, 14, 12, 10, 13, 7, 17, 11, 15, 12, 5

An awesome set!  Whew, so glad i don't have to keep that 5!!!

18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 12

So a stat line for a Xeph Crystal Singer concept could be...

Str   12 - 2 + 0 = 10
Dex   15 + 2 + 1 = 18
Con   13 + 0 + 0 = 13
Int   18 + 0 + 0 = 18
Wis   17 + 0 + 1 = 18
Chrs   14 + 0 + 0 = 14

Fancy!  I'll have to find her a sexy image! 

I'll run the numbers, but I think she'd be something along the lines of Druid 4, Psion (Kineticist) 4, Crystal Singer 2. 

Feats: 
L 1: Apprentice: Entertainer
L 3: Versatile Performer
L 6: Weapon Finesse
L 9: (Augment Healing or a psionic feat.) 
Psion 1: Speed of Thought. 

Laughing Hyena

I admit I do like the idea of a gold dragon girl samurai. More versatility is always welcomed in culture. Also helps that my mage might be absolutely fascinated by a dragon and the innate magic they wield. He'll geek out.

Kimera

So here's my little warforged Gaia.

Still need to figure out a couple feats and her equipment. She will be using both her plant wildshapes and spells so she'll be pretty flexible. Sadly the landforged walker doesn't improve her animal companion, so still thinking what to do with that. Like mentioned before one option could be an alternate class feature to get a familiar like a wizard (for all the allurans out there :3)

Druidic avenger is also an option, dropping animal companion for some of the barbarian stuff, like rage and improved speed. This would also drop spontanious summoning, which I'd rather keep for flexibility.

Name: Gaia
Race: Warforged
Class: Druid 5, Landforged Walker 5
Description: Little can be seen from her original warforged chasis as her body is enveloped in softer, squishy plant tissue, making her look less then a construct and more like a spirit of nature. It is thought that the wood used to construct her original frame came from an oak bound to a dryad and some scolars believe the essense and spirit of the fey is still inside her.
Biography: Laying immobile in an underground cavern for centuries, abandoned, forgotten, its metal rusted and corroded away, the wood mulched and overgrown by thick crusts of algy and fungal growths. When it finally reached its core, it woke up again, reborn...

WIP

Medium Construct (Living Construct)
Init: +2; Senses:
         Spot +11, Listen +11
Languages: Common, Sylvan, Druidic, -,-

AC: 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15
   (+3 armor bonus, +2 dexterity, +2 natural armor)
hp: 93 (10d8 + 40)
Immune: Poison, Sleep Effects, Paralysis, Disease, Nausea, Fatigue, Exhaustion, Effects that cause the sickened condition, Energy Drain, Polymorph effects
Weakness: See living contruct
Resist: Cold 10, Electricity 10, Fortification 50% (critical hits & sneak attack count as normal attacks)
Fort: +12, Ref: +4, Will: +8
+4 bonus on saves against mind-affecting spells and abilities
+4 bonus on saving throws against the spell-like abilities of fey.

Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
Melee: Slam +7, (1d4+1)
Space: 5 ft.; Reach: 5 ft.
Base Atk: +6; Grp: +7
Atk Options: 
Special Actions:
Combat Gear: N/A
Spell-Like Abilities:

Abilities: Str 13 (+1), Dex 15 (+2), Con 18 (+4), Int 16 (+3), Wis 17 (+3), Cha 13 (+1)
SA:   
SQ: Animal Companion (Ex), Nature Sense (Ex), Wild Empathy (Ex), Woodland Stride (Ex), Trackless Step (Ex), Resist Nature’s Lure (Ex),Wild Shape (Su),  Light Fortification (Ex), Living Construct traits (Ex), Green Mind (Ex), Body of Nature (Ex), Speak With Plants (Sp), Voice of Nature (Sp), Plant Shape (Su)     
Feats:
(flaw):
- Ironwood Body
-
- Nature Spell
-
-

Skills:

Divine Spellcasting: (Caster Level 9, DC 13 + spell level)
Spells Prepared:
- 0: 6
- 1: 4+1
- 2: 4+1
- 3: 3+1
- 4: 2
- 5: 1

Equipment: N/A

Muse

Name:   Feng Mien
Race:   Xeph
Class:   Druid 4, Psion 4, Crystal Singer 2
Description: (besides what pic provides or is same)
Biography:   Though it never seemed too teribly important to Men, she always vaugely suspected her family had a secret.  Her grandfather shared it with her the night she came of age... 

Mien grew up up in the Jade Dragon Empire.  Her family were the Emerald Enclave, and she grew up dancing amidst the crystal trees and meditating upon their phrenic song.  Her aunt Xiu taught her to dance.  Though the art was not strictly speaking part of the Tree Singer's art, it helped her develop it a great deal.  It also gave her a trade to practice when traveling beyond Emerald Enclave lands and not wishing to reveal her power.  Mien was a very gifted young woman.  She studdied very hard, developing her gifts quickly as she matured.  Mien's training left her little time for love or courtship.  Her ripe, curvaceous body and alluring way or dressing occasionally made men mistake her for a sensually experienced courtesan. 

Truth be told, Mien is still a maiden.  The main reasons are dance come across as so aluring are that she is reaching a time in her life where the lack of masculine companionship is starting to haunt her with heated dreams, and that the dances she learned come from a proud concubine's tradition. 

On Mien's 24th birthday her grandfather presented her with a deep crystal dagger to defend herself and revealed the family secret.  Mien's ancestors were survivors of the rebellion war, where the immortal empress--so beloved by the people--was slain by an alliance of noble houses for the crime of being immortal.  The greensingers had taken her ancestors in at the end of that war.  This was a secret she must never reveal lest she bring the wrath of the remaining survivors down on herself and her family.  The empress was dead now.  There was no more war to fight.  Her grandfather simply wanted her to understand why her family had fought in favor of the empress. 

Fought for a woman who brought her lands and people peace and harmony for a thousand years.  That was, after all, more than reason enough. 

Muse

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on March 23, 2019, 03:03:11 AM
I admit I do like the idea of a gold dragon girl samurai. More versatility is always welcomed in culture. Also helps that my mage might be absolutely fascinated by a dragon and the innate magic they wield. He'll geek out.

*Smiles*  Despite my having just pitched a concept, the feedback is much appreciated.  I'm hardly stuck on this girl.  if anyone else has feedback to offer please send! 

Laughing Hyena

Name: Aramis Silverscale
Class: Universal Wizard 3 / Mage of the Arcane Order 7
Description: Often times Aramis is quite fond of colors such as black and yellow in his formal robes but when he is doing field work, obviously loose clothing is a burden. His attire makes good use of buckles at the legs and wrists to tighten up loose fitting clothing, and yet he is almost never without his private memento from his home in Silverlake County which is a sunny yellow scarf. His black hat is pointy but always seems to immodestly droop down against the back of his neck. It's very good on cold nights after a long day of hard traveling. His most prized possession is his ring binding him to the infinite wealth of the Spellpool and his staff bestowed upon him from his efforts within the Order.
Biography: Born amidst the many humble towns of Silverlake County, the young boy was not one of some fabled legend or prophecy nor was he of a great heritage or of royal blood exiled to parts unknown to hide from decadent tyrants. Fascinated by stories told around the bonfires of the village square by bards and elders of the town, it helped to draw the most spectacular fantasies in his mind. He was a mere fisherman's son but despite this he was happy with he simple life. However, small but bizarre mishaps would happen when the boy was under duress or excited. Such as the time he once fell off into the waters when he was a child. He should have drowned quickly but came out of the water unharmed. Or when he reeled in a massive silver trout twice his size.

The truth was that the boy was blessed with raw magical potential. Of which caught the notice of a retired mage whom took it upon himself to help better control the youth's abilities so that the bizarre doesn't turn tragic. However the most important thing he took away from his tutelage was that there was far more to learn and as a mage it was his duty to seek experience for it is the greatest teacher one can ask for. After small adventures within the Silver Lake County, and working within the Adventurers Guild to further his magical prowess and raise funds for greater research, the youthful mage made a decision to make the journey to the Arcane Order and further his magical talents at the academy. It meant more responsibilities and duties in exchange for knowledge (and dues to attend the courses of the Order) but he accepted this.

His inclinations and specialities as a mage landed themselves towards Incarnum and what little official lore there was upon it. True it is widespread but it varies in use and application from culture to culture and the nuances are not completely understood such as what allows one to use it but another cannot. How to apply it in magic and what are the limits and pinnacles of what it can do. In his mind these are question that are not truly answered. In short he seeks a much deeper understanding of it as his contribution to the Order. Multitasking both for the Adventurers Guild and of course the Order made his schedules quite busy but his mentors words of experience being the true teacher kept him diligent and patient. As he advanced in studies and did his tasks and duties, he grew in rank becoming a trusted field researcher after events in Calandor. His more recent tasks finally yielded fruits of his own personal desires and took him to a strong source of Incarnum; Asgard. Several adventures followed and time passed and now a competent wizard in his own right, the young man feels the threads of fate calling him to adventure once more.

Adventurer Deeds

Aramis was urged to form new ties and was taught that experience was the ultimate teacher by his mentor. It was through his mentors connections as a retried adventurer that Aramis entered the guild as a complete novice in the humble Silverlake County branch of the Adventuer's Guild. This was how he first came to know the overseer Lucien Black. Tall, grizzled and missing an eye, Lucien was a stern man and noted how timid the young mage looked. The man was also quite forward saying that the young Silverfish was as green as they get. Despite this dressing down of his character and training Aramis showed a determined mindset. With his mentor vouching for him, Lucien relented... but rules were rules and thus his first assignment was also his initiation.

Recently within the area there was a magical phenomena that was causing nearby woodlands to shed their leaves as though it was autumn during the early summer of Silverlake. Needless to say it was bizarre and he was sent along with several other rookie adventurers to scout and discover the cause and then report back. Aramis alongside the other hopefuls ventured into the woodlands discovering that something was indeed quite wrong. Several monsters had started calling the suffering woodlands as their home. They managed to stumble upon the remnants of crude tools of stone and sharpened sticks and the grisly mark of a butchered stag. Aramis' knowledge came in handy as his studies involved the more dangerous monsters. In this case, the signs of a goblin hunting party.

Carefully, they advanced onwards their ranger following the trail until they had a view of a potential problem. A goblin nest within the woods. They had to return immediately to report this lest they be ambushed. This proved to be the wiser course of action as upon their trek back towards civilization still within the woods, they came across the a small pack of them. The ambush might have gone unnoticed were it not for the ranger catching the signs of being stalked. Aramis' first real battle. The fighter was holding her own but she was being overwhelmed by numbers. The mentors words were coming into focus. Do not hesitate. Weaving magic from within the safety of the more durable heroes, Aramis made sure to take out the most vulnerable or injured of the goblins with a sleep spell followed by a magic missile on the remaining ones still awake. This turned the tide of battle and made the young mage breathe a sigh of relief knowing the rest of his team were alive.

Thus they reported their findings in the forest and Overseer Black weighed in on it. The caution and wisdom to stick to the task was applauded and as such Aramis passed the initiation. However the guild were to follow up on this whilst stronger adventurers took care of the goblins. Whilst distressing, this was merely a symptom of the problem and not the source, and thus they would have to be at the ready to go back in and investigate further within a few days. Thanks to the stronger adventurers of the Silverlake Guild being deployed to handle the goblins, the younger team had an easier time making their way onwards. Save for an owl bear that needed to be driven off but their prior experience helped to make them stronger and thus the heroes managed to press on thanks to the priestess in their team.

Soon enough, they came across the heart of the forest where they heard a woman sobbing against a tree. By appearances alone she looked to be a hag. The heroes were prepared to retreat. However something was concerning Aramis because the signs did not add up. The fact she wasn't in any form to hide herself or the fact that she was crying raised suspicions in the mage. Thus Aramis took to using a small cantrip's worth of magic before they left to gather information and then deduce what was wrong. There was some kind of transmutation along with an unusual mixture of entropy surrounding both her and the tree. Aramis looked to his party members and spoke quietly that his suspicions was this was actually a Dryad, albeit suffering from a curse. He suspected this because his studies made him familiar with various curses, including an aging curse that in turn make the forest age, and possibly die along with the dryad.

The party were trusting Aramis' assertions but they wisely figured that it was best to err on the side of caution. Adventurers need to be brave, not suicidal. If this was a hag, they could easily be wiped out. Thus they figured if Aramis wished to test this hypothesis, that he should be the one to make the risk. He gave a sobered nod and the group leaves the area with the young mage left behind for the moment. They would wait for only a few minutes so Aramis had not much time to confirm. In his youth, Aramis was told plenty of times the tales of the Emerald Witch, a dryad that was ancient and lived within the northern forests of Silverlake County and kept a vigil over her woods. Those that sought only what they needed and took no more were welcomed. Those whom disrespected her woods or worse were dealt with harshly. The tales painted her as a guardian as benevolent and merciless just as nature itself was.

As he approached he uttered her name in the stories. "Gwendolyn". The distressed crone turned fast with her hands out before her, cracking with powerful magic. Vines and grass wrapped around his shins and legs, rooting him to the spot he stood. Aramis was no master mage, nor keen in observations but even he could see the cornered look in her eyes. He feels his hair stand on end from the dangerous magic and wisely he keeps still and his hands lowered with his palms open. He had no silver tongue to reason with her but he had knowledge. That itself is what saved him. Quickly he figured it best to mimic the story of the hunter and father whom sought her out to find a cure for his sickened daughter. He took a knee and bowed his head speaking in Fey the words that both honor her woods and honor the guardian of them. Finally he felt the vines and thickened grass that held his lower body rooted to the spot release him.

He inquired about how the Emerald Witch had aged so much, why the forest was withering into nothing. The cursed dryad explained that her tree has been wounded with a curse as the young mage asserted. She guided him around to the other side of her tree, ancient.... and injured. Some kind of massive black talon, carved into a spike had been stabbed into it making it bleed with amber sap. She explained that she cannot remove it herself as the curse makes it impossible for her, and unless it is removed and soon, the tree and herself would die. The next question came on who the culprit was and what came next was another concern of his. She mentioned the Flesh Queen Helina, a rather twisted necromancer who was also part of the childhood tales he was told of when he was younger. She was the one that put the curse upon the Emerald Witch's ancient tree.

Thus with his information gathered and a firm grip on how to proceed, he rejoined the party whom had waited just a bit longer than five minutes. Aramis was out of breath but with a childish grin to him as they made their way onwards to more hospitable ground. A safer place to rest was required. Thus he recounted to them what he now knew and expressed the story of the Flesh Queen Helina. The only issue was how to go about breaking the curse. Finding the Flesh Queen herself might take took long and theres probably numerous enchantments too strong for the likes of Aramis to break. The young wizard was resourceful in his knowledge and figured it best to counter the curse or at the very least weaken it. The fables spoke of a ritual used to renew the year in accordance to the Emerald Witch. This ritual also was meant to remove afflictions of aging as well. Apple seeds, blessed in summers waters, covered in snow and swallowed whole during the leaves fall.

The young mage of course couldn't bless the waters but other members of the party could. The priestess set to that task easily enough with a flask of water then purified and blessed it, but the crux of the matter was finding an apple tree within the woods and being able to salvage seeds. The ranger earned his keep in this regard knowing the wilds well enough to know what to look for. Ironically Aramis was able to create a small amount of snow by means of the prestidigitation cantrip but also being careful not to waste it. It would have to be created right when the ritual was to be performed. So the intrepid adventures sought out the items needed, a leaf from the dying tree of the Dryad, the appleseeds to represent spring. Blessed holy water from the season of summer, and finally snow to represent winter.

They bring this to the stricken Emerald Queen and help her consume it in a small bitter pill. What happened next was remarkable. With a sharp gasp the woman withered skin became supple and her flesh firm once more. Atrophied muscles form with vitality and her breaths were silent. Her eyes lit up with renewed vigor and her lips became pink and full. Once her body was restored, her magic came swiftly back in turn and with a swift incantation she had the fighter protected by her magic to extract the black spike harming her tree. Once removed her tree began to heal swiftly. Whilst the damage was not undone, the curse was and in time the Emerald Witch would be able to recover from the blight her forest had suffered. The other adventurers would have to come through and slay the goblins that had taken root in the woods lest they become a major threat to the kingdoms. Returning to the guild and reporting their successes and ordeals yielded fantastic results. The precautions against the goblins were well and truly merited as the other party came back roughed up but still victorious. With the threat removed the Silverlake County breathed a sigh of relief. Overseer Lucien Black was quite pleased by their success and a long rest was long overdue.

Later on a petition came to the guild from the Arcane Order. Principal Dismas of the academy was seeking hopefuls that were of suitable adventuring competence to attend a small competition for spell casters. Armies could not refuse such an opportunity to further his studies under structured tutelage and such a vast amount of resources. Several tests were asked of him. The was a written exam of which Aramis answered reasonably well thanks to his heavy studying. A more practical examination of magic of which Aramis managed a considerable showing of application and creativity to some puzzles namely within the limited amount of incarnum he had managed to grasp. And finally a small essay on what he hoped to accomplish at the academy. He didn't wish to entirely quit adventuring so he made his point that whilst he wished to study for the sake of knowledge and understanding of magic and incarnum, he wanted to have proper opportunities to apply it and hence expressed interest within field research. In the end Aramis did not per say win the competition but he came in third place. It was soon afterwards that Aramis, received a letter, an invitation into the Arcane Order. That was his reward for going beyond the call of duty to help solve the problems within the Emerald Witch's forests.

hp: 51 (10d4+20 HD)

Human
Neutral Good Medium Humanoid
Init +2; Senses Listen +4, Spot +4
Languages Common, Elven, Fey, Xeph (PrC), Celestial, Infernal, Air, Earth, Water, Fire, Draconic (PrC)

AC 12, touch 12, flat-footed 10
Immune
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +10;

Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
Melee Quarterstaff 1d6+2 bludgeoning
Ranged Lightning Orb (Ranged Touch) 10d6 electricity; Range: 50ft ; SR: No ; Save: Fort or be Entangled 1/round
Space 5 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Base Atk +4; Grp +5
Atk Options Touch +6 ; Ranged Touch +6
Special Actions NA
Combat Gear
Spells Memorized (Base Spell DC: 13) (CL 10th):
   5th  (2/day) - Azure Ice Shards, Twin Blue Missile (PHB/SRD)
   4th  (4/day) - Blast of Flame, Mass Darkvision, Silent Fireball, Orb of Electricity (Complete Arcane)
   3rd  (4/day) - Dispel Magic, Lightning Bolt, Protection from Energy, Tongues (PHB/SRD)
   2nd (5/day) - Arcane Lock, Silent Blue Missile, False Life, Knock, Rope Trick (PHB/SRD)
   1st  (5/day) - Comprehend Languages, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile (PHB/SRD)
   0 lv (4/day) - Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic (PHB/SRD)

Abilities STR 12(+1), DEX 15(+2), CON 16(+3), INT 18(+4), WIS 15(+2), CHA 14(+2)
SQ Summon Familiar, Guild Member (Arcane Order), Spellpool III
Feats Incarnum Spellshaping (Ra), Scribe Scroll (Cl), Eschew Materials (1st), Craft Wonderous Item (3rd), Improved Counterspell (5th), Silent Spell (PrC), Craft Wand (7th), (9th) Spell Mastery (Magic Missile, Knock, Rope Trick, Teleport)
Flaws None
Skills Craft: Leather +8 (1), Craft: Woodworking +8 (7), Craft: Painter +8 (1), Craft: Metalworking +8 (1), Concentration +12 (10), Decipher Script +14 (10) Knowledge: Arcane +14 (10), Knowledge: Dungeoneering +14 (10), Knowledge: Local +14 (10), Knowledge: Nature +14 (10), Listen +4 (2), Profession: Fisher +6 (4), Spellcraft +14 (10), Spot +4 (2) Speak Languages (4)
Possessions 40,000 gp to spend; 33,215 gp spent ; 6,795 gp remaining. (Consider the remaining to be a future investment in spell research, basic adventuring resources and potentially a private estate. A home away from home.)

Aramis' Staff Wand - A unique wand hand crafted by the Silverfish Wizard, it looks to be more of a enchanted staff with it's appearance. However the top of the polished ironwood staff is hollow and allows for a wand to be inserted into the top of it by screwing the handle of the wand into the top of the staff. The corresponding runes that run along it allow the staff to channel the magic of the wand and be used. Thus combining the mundane quarterstaff and magic wand into a singular item to be held in two hands. Aramis designed it so wouldn't have to fumble about in a stressful situation with material components for spells and his wand and staff. The silver wand currently inserted into the staff is a Wand of Lightning Orbs. Charges: 50/50 ; Cost: 10,540 gp

Ivory Bracers of Armor - Previously damaged and discovered by Aramis during a fantastic adventure into the undead Necropolis of Namel. His trek was one of research into the Incarnum within the region and how it had changed in light of the cataclysm that changed this nation into what it is, if anything changed at all. What he found out is that for some old habits of their nature die hard and thus he was targeted by a cult of undead that lure tourists and thrill seekers in via a decadent ballroom party. A private party that sought to indulge their natural hungers in a less controlled fashion. Ironically he became enveloped in the intrigue when he was accosted by a necromantic inspector seeking a way to expose the cult. It meant putting his neck on the line and attending the party whilst the inspector disguises herself and shadows him.

Aramis was brave but wasn't foolish and tenaciously accepted since he doubted he would be a match for whatever horrors were there without protection. To help, he was loaned a small necklace to protect him from life draining. What came next was only between himself and a few others but the cult went down on that last blood moon party. During the chaos of the party being crashed by the inspector and her posse, a young vampire engaged the mage and whilst the battle was fierce, Aramis' magic combined with the necromancers wards saved his life. During the battle the bracers of the vampire were damaged but not irreparable. Taking the damaged bracers as a memento of the adventure, Aramis returned to the guild once his time in Namel was over and sought to repair the bracers and re-enchant them to serve as more subtle protections. He has cared for them over the years and strengthened them to better protect him.

Enchantments: Armor Bonus +3 ; Cost: 9,000 gp

Boots of Levitation - These treated boots of treated silk on the inside and black leather on the outside was appointed to Aramis when he joined the field division and during his time in the Arcane Order saved money so that he could purchase it as his own for a more permanent resource. It has served him well in field research when investigating ruins for both the Order and the Adventurers Guild.

Cost: 7,500 gp

Illumian Gem of Understanding - This precious gem of the Crimson Wing Cabal, used to belong to a illumian woman by the name of Valaan Gremory, a traitor of her own kind. She was banished for a curse she carries in which her eyes can reveal the true name of any whom she looks upon. Because of this, she swore revenge on the cabal that banished her indirectly killing them, down to every man woman and child and sought a great power within the vaults of the Crimson Wing. A world shattering spell capable of creating a nexus, as a means to seek immortality. She duped the Silverfish into translating the spell scroll but could not retrieve the gem, so she sabotaged the Spellpool in order to gain access to the vaults. She nearly destroyed the Arcane Order, and were it not for her father sacrificing his life to restore the nexus of the Arcane Order she might have succeeded.

By a bizarre twist of fate and hubris, she left behind this precious gem in the hands of the untested and naive mage. Within this gem lies an vast amount of information including a diary of Valaan Gremory that theoretically is a million pages long. Alongside this is the aforementioned spell, fully translated with the ability to be scribed into a spellbook. Perhaps it is the key to undoing the plans of this woman, but only time will tell the end of such a song. In the meantime the gem still houses the same powers it has beforehand. It can read, record and translate any language including true speech, without will or intent. The ability to record and recall what it translates and reads depends on the attunement of the owner as only they can turn it off. For a field mage, it is an invaluable tool of versatility and time saving effort.

Cost: None

Sending Stone - These stones typically come in pairs and the one the mage holds onto is carved into the shape of a sorceress. The other half has been carved to resemble another sorceress. Together they form a set of twins that share a bond that transcends any boundaries of distance. Upon a vital mission issued upon Aramis was one half of these peculiar stones given to the young mage. It is able to upon command cast a sending spell to the other who bears this stones sister. In this case the current leader of the Arcane Order, and ruler of Atlenta, Grand Madame Odyessya. In turn she can also cast a sending spell to Aramis. Serving as a valuable tool of communication, this stone makes it possible for critical information to be given between the pair.

Cost: None

The Silver Scale Spellbook - This traveling book appears to have been handcrafted from study looking leather and the frame is reinforced with ivory and fits comfortably within the crook of your arm. The tome itself has a clasped seal on it to keep the pages and book bindings protected. The pages look well kept and should one read the book, it contain rather detail illustrations in vivid colors, depicting locations of elvish origins, alongside lovely scenery from Silverlake County and the Dragon Mountains. Alongside these pictures occasionally, are images of a breathtaking beautiful elven woman with a ravishingly voluptuous figure, long golden hair and vivid green eyes. Erratic notes quickly detailed and summarize about various places and runes. Dozens of hypothesis and theories involving greater magic, civilizations and their applications of magic both greater and lesser and various alphabets involving dead languages or ciphers. Unfortunately there aren't many translations to be had within the book itself and it looks to be just field research.

Aramis' spellbook is under several protections in order to safeguard both the wizards secrets and potential secrets of the order. After all a field researcher has to make sure his classified findings return to their rightful place. Thus the book is enchanted to endure the hazards of adventure by means of waterproofing and resistance against elements by means of magic. The book is an intelligent one by means of enchantments. The clasp itself is enchanted to remain tightly shut as it is protected by a combination arcane lock and magic mouth, a Sentient Door of which the key is a specific password that Aramis knows of. Furthermore illegally opening the book by means of using the knock spell results in a magic based trap going off. In the current case a Sign of Sealing, (10d4 damage). Aramis is however in the process of trying to create a spell or method that will allow him to hide and recall his spell book so as to better protect it from theft along with several theorems on Incarum Fueled Magic.

The Spirit of the Spellbook is within the pages of the spell book, and takes the form of a rather curvaceous but regal looking elven woman. She is quite devoted to her mentor but also a highly jealous personality and is quite touchy about what contents make up her spell book. She has a tendency to call Aramis out on any nonsense that might make it's way into the book and is quite suspicious of other women. Especially Allurans after one incident of research which she holds over the young mages head whenever she is annoyed by him.

Recently by extraordinary circumstances, Luna Lily now has the ability to emerge from her spell book into a physical body of her own likeness and is capable of interacting and wandering about nearby her spell book at a maximum of 70 feet. The Spirit of the Spellbook is immune to mental saves and anything that targets mental stats but she is capable of being attacked in her physical body. If her physical body is destroyed, Lily can retreat back into the spell book. But if the spell books ward is dispelled, she is dispelled along with it. Which is yet another reason Aramis takes great efforts to protect his spell book from dangers, and pours intense resources into defending it.

Spirit of the Spellbook

Ego: 10 ; Strength: 6, Dexterity: 10, Constitution: 0, Intelligence: 16, Wisdom: 14, Charisma: 12 ; AC: 10, hp: 10

Enchantments: Resistant to Energy: Resistance 12 vs acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic attacks; Waterproof: Immune to water damage and immersion in water. Cost: 5,875 gp

-Spells Scribed- 100 Pages Used of 200

5th Level  - Azure Ice Shards, Cone of Cold, Fabricate, Teleport, Permanency
4th Level  - Blast of Flame, Mass Darkvision, Orb of Electricity, Remove Curse (PrC), Stoneskin
3rd Level  - Dispel Magic, Heroism, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Protection From Energy, Sign of Sealing, Tongues
2nd Level  - Alter Self, Arcane Lock, False Life, Knock, Magic Mouth, Rope Trick, Sentient Door, Soul Boon
1st Level  - Blue Missile, Comprehend Languages, Endure Elements, Feather Fall, Identify, Mage Armor, Magic Missile, Sleep, Soul Armor
Cantrips   - Acid Splash, Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Prestidigitation

Kunoichi

I think I'll just leave this here for anyone who's inclined to use it.

[b]Name Here[/b]
Class Levels
[b]hp[/b] 0 (0 HD); [b]DR[/b] none
[hr]
Race
Alignment Size creature type
[b]Init[/b] +0; [b]Senses[/b] none; Listen +0, Spot +0
[b]Aura[/b]
[b]Languages[/b] None
[hr]
[b]AC[/b] 10, touch 10, flat-footed 10; (list situational AC-improving feats such as Dodge)
[b]Immune[/b] none
[b]Resist[/b] none; [b]SR[/b] 0
[b]Fort[/b] +0, [b]Ref[/b] +0, [b]Will[/b] +0
[hr]
[b]Speed[/b] 0 ft. (0 squares)
[b]Melee[/b] weapon +0 (damage)
[b]Ranged[/b] weapon +0 (damage)
[b]Space[/b] 5 ft.; [b]Reach[/b] 5 ft.
[b]Base Atk[/b] +0; [b]Grp[/b] +0
[b]Atk Options[/b] Situational attack-improving or altering abilities, feats or other effects
[b]Special Actions[/b] none
[b]Combat Gear[/b] none
[b]Spells/Powers/Maneuvers Known/Memorized[/b] (CL/ML/IL 0th):
1st (0/day) - [i]none[/i]
0th (0/day) - [i]none[/i]
[hr]
[b]Abilities[/b] STR 0, DEX 0, CON 0, INT 0, WIS 0, CHA 0
[b]SQ[/b] none
[b]Feats[/b] None
[b]Flaws[/b] None
[b]Skills[/b] None +0
[b]Possessions[/b] combat gear plus none
[b]Spellbook[/b] none
[hr]
Full text of special attacks and qualities here

Muse

Thank you for the sheet Kuno-chan, i'll make use of it! 

L.H., he looks cool.  i approve of the hat 

*peeks at the sheet*

Crusader maneuvers?  Left over from a former character?  Or am I missing something? 

Zaer, about the Crystal Singer? 

Do i need to take the Psycrystal Affinity feat to gain the full advantage of the crystalline animal companion?  Its' listed as neither a prerequisite nor a bonus feat, but I don't see you having home-brew on the psion either? 

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Muse on March 23, 2019, 05:17:00 AM
  Thank you for the sheet Kuno-chan, i'll make use of it! 

L.H., he looks cool.  i approve of the hat 

*peeks at the sheet*

Crusader maneuvers?  Left over from a former character?  Or am I missing something? 

Danger I knew I forgot something to remove. But I did like Kunoichi's template a lot actually. Way better than fidgeting with Myth Weavers

Miroque

@Muse: On think that comes to my mind, is the picture. Thats clearly NOT Xepth, but human. :)

Kunoichi

Quote from: Muse on March 23, 2019, 05:17:00 AM
  Zaer, about the Crystal Singer? 

Do i need to take the Psycrystal Affinity feat to gain the full advantage of the crystalline animal companion?  Its' listed as neither a prerequisite nor a bonus feat, but I don't see you having home-brew on the psion either?

The Crystal Singer looks like a psionic version of the Arcane Hierophant, so I'm guessing Zaer just forgot that psicrystals aren't a class feature in 3.5 and that their abilities are tied to their master's manifester level instead.  That said, an easy fix would be to simply say that the Crystal Singer's animal companion becomes a Construct with the Living Construct subtype, and also gains the benefits of a psicrystal if the Crystal Singer possesses the Psicrystal Affinity feat.

Also, one thing that could be rather fun and flavorful would be picking up the Plant Companion ACF from Dragon Magazine #357, instead of a normal animal companion.  It would fit in pretty well with the whole theme of crystal trees and vegetation built into the Crystal Singer class. ^^ Add in Practiced Manifester and Natural Bond to keep full advancement of both sets of abilities and it could actually get pretty strong.

Zaer Darkwail

Muse: The psicrystal affinity feat is needed if you want to have such features on your animal companion, but it's not demanded (it's merely a option, albeit potent one). Without feat your animal companion does get crystal appearance and living construct subtype anyways. Also Kunoichi's idea is clever and could work as well.

Anyways as someone commented your char appearance is perhaps 'too human'. Below are samples of Xephs appearances;

There is no female Xeph art what I could find fast, but in general these are racial parts on appearance wise; dark skin, pointed ears (half-elf sort), luminous/white eyes entirely. The baldness with single braid can be just cultural thing than racial so hairstyle would be free. I could allow a darker skinned half-elf female pic to pass (if eyes would be just written to be pure luminous in color or someone photoshop them :P).

Kimera

Had an alternative idea for the warforged using planar shepherd instead of landforged walker.

With the aid of an item, she could raise her wild shape level high enough to get access to the outsider forms. (Zaer gave OK). With this in mind, I was thinking of a sex bot located in city of sin and property of Flesh Incorporated, being able to take on shapes of actual sexy demons like succubi and Lilithu's.

A sexier variation to the above plant druid.

Offcourse could refluff the plant forms into sexy ones (3rd one being my favorite):
NSFW

Laughing Hyena

Laughing Hyena

Kunoichi

Alright, Miut’s character sheet is done.  Now I just need to start figuring things out for Dask.  I’d love to take the Alienist, since it meshes well with the flavor Changelings have in Garthalla, but being locked out of summoning everything but the animal choices from the Summon Monster list is a bit too much of a trade-off for me.  Though if the Alienist’s Summon Alien ability could work like the 3.0 version and just apply the Pseudonatural template to the entire Summon Monster list, I’d take it in a heartbeat.

Since Alienist won’t work, I might try entering the Fiend Blooded prestige class from Heroes of Horror.  Though, since that would take some extra work on a Wizard entry, I wonder if the Changeling Wizard 5 substitution level might be able to apply to Sorcerer, since Sorcerers also get feats every five levels and can trade them in for other things under Zaer’s houserules?

Of course, a Changeling with fiendish heritage would be even more of a societal outcast than a normal Changeling would...