Meanwhile, Back in the Dungeon... (Pulp Fantasy-inspired 5E D&D)

Started by Chulanowa, April 15, 2017, 05:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greenknight

Looking to play a bard of valor or an eldritch knight or an arcane trickster.
Additional re-rolls:

EDIT: I will refrain from naming the character Bill (or even Guillaume) Guisarme and speaking in an outra-a-a-ageous accent. But if I do go with the future arcane trickster or bard, he will be well-dressed, almost foppish. And possibly a half-orc, using 17 for charisma if a rogue. For the eldritch knight, I'm leaning toward this fellow, as I already have him built and don't know if I'll get to play him.

Geiron

Half-orc Fighter (Mercenary Veteran), Chaotic Neutral
AC 18 (chainmail, shield)
Hit Points 12 (1d10 + 2)   XP 0
Speed 30 ft.
STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
19 (+4)10 (+0)14 (+2)18 (+4)14 (+2)14 (+2)
Saving Throws Str +6, Con +4
Skills Athletics +6, Arcana +6, Intimidation +4, Perception +4, Persuasion +4
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 14
Languages Common, Orc

Features and Traits
Proficiencies. Light armor, medium armor, heavy armor, shields, simple weapons, martial weapons, improvised weapons, dice, vehicles (land).
Dueling Fighting Style.  When you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls with that weapon.
Second Wind (1/short or long rest). On your turn, you can use a bonus action to regain hit points equal to 1d10 + your fighter level.
Menacing. You have proficiency in Intimidation.
Relentless Endurance (1/long rest). When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright. you can drop to 1 hit point instead.
Savage Attacks. When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it lo the extra damage of the critical hit.
Mercenary Life. You are able to identify mercenary companies by their emblems and a little about the company. You can find the taverns and festhalls to find work between adventures to maintain a comfortable lifestyle.

ACTIONS
Longsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8+6 slashing damage or 1d10+4 slashing damage and AC 19 when used with two hands.
Handaxe. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+6 slashing damage.

Additional Equipment
backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, uniform of your last mercenary company (traveler’s clothes), insignia of rank, dice, 10 gp

Age 20
Height 5’8”
weight 170 lbs
eyes green
skin tanned
hair black

Personality
I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. I face problems head on. A simple, direct solution is the best path to success.

Ideals
Live and Let Live. Ideals aren't worth killing over or going to war for.

Bonds
Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.

Flaws
I have an insatiable desire for carnal pleasures.

Maybe him for the rogue:

(I need a name)
Half-orc Rogue (Spy [criminal]), Chaotic Neutral
AC 15 (leather)
Hit Points 10 (1d8+2)   XP 0
Speed 30 ft.

STR
DEX
CON
INT
WIS
CHA
16 (+3)18 (+4)14 (+2)14 (+2)10 (+0)17 (+3)
Saving Throws Dex +6, Int +5
Skills Athletics +5, Deception +5, Intimidation +5, Investigation +4, Perception +4, Sleight of Hand +6, Stealth +8
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Common, Orc, Thieves’ Cant

Features and Traits
Proficiencies. Light armor, simple weapons, hand crossbows, longswords, rapiers, shortswords, thieves’ tools (+6), dice, disguise kit (+5).
Thieves’ Cant. You know thieves’ cant, a secret mix of dialect, jargon, and code that allows you to hide messages in seemingly normal conversation. You also understand a set of secret signs and symbols used to convey short, simple messages, such as whether an area is dangerous, whether loot is nearby, or whether the people in an area are easy marks or will provide a safe house for thieves on the run.
Expertise. When you make a Dexterity (Stealth) check or a Wisdom (Perception) check, your proficiency bonus is doubled. This benefit is included in your Stealth skill bonus.
Sneak Attack. Once per turn, when you hit a creature with a Dexterity-based attack and you have advantage on the attack roll, you can deal an extra 1d6 damage to your target. You don’t need advantage if another enemy of the target is within 5 feet of it and isn’t incapacitated. You can’t deal the extra damage, however, if you have disadvantage on the attack roll.
Menacing. You have proficiency in Intimidation.
Relentless Endurance (1/long rest). When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright. you can drop to 1 hit point instead.
Savage Attacks. When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.
Criminal Contact. You have a contact who acts as your liaison to a network of other criminals. You know how to get messages to and from your contact, even over great distances; you know the local messengers, corrupt caravan masters, and seedy sailors who can carry messages for you. You can move secret information or stolen goods through your contact in exchange for money or other information you seek.

ACTIONS
Rapier. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d8+4 piercing damage.
Shortsword. Melee Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, 5 ft. reach, one target. Hit: 1d6+4 piercing damage. Use a bonus action to make a second attack dealing 1d6 piercing damage.
Shortbow. Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, range 80/320 ft., one target. Hit: 1d6+4 piercing damage.
Dagger. Melee or Ranged Weapon Attack: +6 to hit, 5 ft. reach or range 20/60 ft., one target. Hit: 1d4+4 piercing damage. You may use a bonus action to make a second attack dealing 1d6 piercing damage.

Additional Equipment
Thieves’ tools, backpack, 2 crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days of rations, waterskin, 50 feet of rope, disguise kit, dark common clothes including a hood, 10 gp.

Or even this guy for a ranger or fighter

When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=46150

Chulanowa

Chulanowa

So, update on the pantheon thing - in case anyone wanted to make a cleric at some point. I decided to just make the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, and Dragonlance deities all available for use; writing up entire pantheons for each race (and hten some) was.. .getting pretty exhaustive. Maybe if I use this setting again I'll have it all together, but for now? I'm just gonna co the easy way out  ;D

AndyZ

I don't think my warlock idea is going to work with this.  If anyone wants that spot, by all means.

Not 100% what I'll make, but I've already got a paladin and a wizard in another game, so not looking for those.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Countdown0

Welp, I've got a Wizard.

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1180371

Be gentle, he's young for a wizard.

But, contrary to the picture, he has a pointy wizard hat. Because of course he does!
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

AndyZ

Not sure if Hexed is actively planning a Druid or not, and if so, I'll give up the spot and make something else, probably a monk.

Katrianna Tyrannofang - Wood Elf Druid - Outlander - Chaotic Good

HP 11/11 AC 15/17

Strength 11 Dexterity 18 Constitution 16 Intelligence 15* Wisdom 18* Charisma 16

Animal Handling +6, Athletics +2, Nature +4, Perception +6, Survival +6

Drums, Sylvan

Scimitar, Wooden Shield, Leather Armor, Explorer's Pack, Druidic Focus (Ash Wand)

Staff, Hunting Trap, T-Rex Tooth, Traveler's Clothes, Belt Pouch with 10gp

I'm driven by a wanderlust that led me away from home. 
I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching Tyrannosaurus Rex pack.  I'd do it again if I had to.
Life is like the seasons, in constant change, and we must change with it.
I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Druidcraft, Guidance

Create and Destroy Water, Detect Magic, Goodberry, Healing Word, Speak With Animals

Katrianna comes from the Tyrannofang tribe, far away in the plains where the ancient lizards still lay claim.  To an outsider, such a place is strange and idyllic, dangerous and mysterious but with its own shade of beauty. 

For her coming of age, as happens every year in the harsh cold of winter, all the adolescents were brought forth for the Feast of Fang for which her tribe is known.  Between several of the most talented hunters and everyone helping in whatever way they can, a massive Tyrannosaurus Rex is brought down to provide food for the tribe and to keep the beasts from becoming too numerous throughout the plains.  Everyone who participated is permitted to retrieve a single fang, a reminder that nothing is impossible when many work together for a common goal.

With such an unimaginable place, one might wonder why anyone would ever leave.  Katrianna has only ever been able to explain it that every land fades after many winters, and the world is so large that one can only imagine everything it has to offer.  There's something just as amazing about cities, with so many people bustling about with the perfect grace of ants swarming over an area...even if it's not as beautiful as home.

There's also a lot more to do in new lands.  The major difference between humanoids and animals is compassion, helping to keep others alive when animals would simply die.  While the rules of nature are often necessary, Katrianna never regrets when she can act to help others.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Chulanowa

Alright so at the moment, submitted characters are...

Bibliophilia - Ixelshasi, Tabaxi Rogue
Countdown0 - Therengrath, human wizard
AndyZ - Katrianna Tyrannofang, wood elf druid
Greenknight - Gerion, Half-Orc fighter / Unnamed rogue / Picture of Herger the Joyous?

And hinted at but as yet unrevealed...
Kathayan - Tabaxi barbarian? Bard?
Hexed - Druid? Warlock? Wizard?

Plenty of time everyone  ;D I plan on leaving this open until next Tuesday.

greenknight

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 18, 2017, 10:30:39 AM
Greenknight - Geiron, Half-Orc fighter (future eldritch knight) / Unnamed rogue (future arcane trickster) / Picture of Herger the Joyous? (bard, ranger or future battlemaster)

Just to clear things up ;D

Of course, I'm totally thinking of possibly making a monk named Hi-fan Lo . You know, to get the most clueless cultural appropriation possible in the truest spirit of the pulps....
When you bang your head against the wall, you don't get the answer, you get a headache.

Bibliophilia

Kathyan

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 16, 2017, 11:12:32 AM
If ya like, I might have images for all of the above.  ;D
Were you talking about me, if so I would love to see those.

Also I'm still struggling to decide and I even gave a thought at other classes, a tabaxi druid sure sounds interesting ^^, but currently I'm leaning towards building a barbarian.

AndyZ

Chulanowa

Not a big worry in 5e. You get heal-up opportunities after rests.

greenknight

Quote from: AndyZ on April 18, 2017, 11:59:56 AM
I'm a little worried that we're light on healing...
Quote from: Chulanowa on April 18, 2017, 12:22:04 PM
Not a big worry in 5e. You get heal-up opportunities after rests.
I'm also not opposed to building Herger as a bard going toward valor if the heals are needed.

Bibliophilia

Admiral J

I can do healing, if Chulanowa is still accepting characters.  I generally prefer to play clerics.

Chulanowa, this sounds awesome.  Like something I've been looking for for a long, long time.  Let me know?

Chulanowa

On yeah man, doors are still wide open

And Kath, yeah, I think I have some catbarian options gonna be a while though long day at work ahead.

Admiral J

Awesome!  Just taking care of this while I get my other ducks in a row:

At 2017-04-18 13:34:37, Admiral J (uid: 14126) rolls: 30d6 Result: 111
Roll Result: Admiral J rolled: 30d6
Comment:
Result: [3, 2, 6, 4], [6, 2, 6, 4], [3, 3, 5, 6], [4, 3, 5, 3], [6, 1, 6, 2, 1, 3], [2, 1, 5, 3, 2], 5, 4, 5,
Total: 111

Ability Scores: 13, 16, 14, 12, 15, 10

For starting gold:

At 2017-04-21 16:41:23, Admiral J (uid: 14126) rolls: 5d4 Result: 13

Hexed

Totally got sidetracked trying to find pictures. :(

But working on a Tabaxi (Think I spelled that right) Warlock of the Archfey pact. Part of a nomad group that was training to be a druid. But during her vision quest it wasn't nature that started talking to her. :)

AndyZ

So should we start out knowing each other or no?  I was wondering about attempting to set up some backstory with other folks.

RedPhoenix

Oh I thought this was full. Hmmm!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Rolls:

Final Array: 13, 13, 14, 15, 15, 15

#1 = 14

Roll Result: pc rolled: 4d6
Comment:
Result: 5, 3, 3, 6,
Total: 17

#2 = 15

Comment:
Result: 1, 4, 5, 5,
Total: 15

Reroll1
Roll Result: pc rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 5,
Total: 5

#3 = 13

Comment:
Result: 1, 3, 6, 4,
Total: 14

Reroll1
Roll Result: pc rolled: 1d6
Comment:
Result: 1,
Total: 1

#4 = 15

Comment:
Result: 1, 1, 1, 5,
Total: 8

Reroll3
Roll Result: pc rolled: 3d6
Comment:
Result: 4, 2, 6,
Total: 12

#5 = 13

Comment:
Result: 3, 4, 5, 4,
Total: 16

#6 = 15

Comment:
Result: 3, 3, 6, 6,
Total: 18
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

NightLux

It isn't.  I've been chatting with the GM and I think we're getting close to being full.
[tr][td]
[/td][td]
RP Status: Seeking new partners
RL Status: Looking forward to my birthday!
Solo Status: 0 (due) / 3 (total)
In Development: 0
Group Due: 0 (due) / 0 (total)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Chulanowa

Ahem. it's not first-come first serve. I'm gonna consider all characters, and pick six to run with come next Tuesday. So no worries on that end, if peopel want to submit characters, like I said, door's wide open  ;D

AndyZ, might want to aim more for a "general background," and save the team-building for when everyone's on board.

RedPhoenix

Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

AribethAmkiir

Hope I'm not too late to join the party.  :)

Still looking for a proper picture.  WIP

Name: Silaqui Siannodel
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Cleric
Background: Acolyte
Alignment: Chaotic Good
HP:
AC:
Attributes:
Strength 12    Dexterity 20    Constitution 16    Intelligence 12    Wisdom 18    Charisma 14
Skills: Perception,

Attribute rolls 12, 18, 12, 17, 16, 14

Roll Result: rolled 4d6
Comment: Attribute 1
Result: 3, 3, 6, 3 = 12

Roll Result: rolled 4d6
Comment: Attribute 2
Result: 6, 6, 6, 1 = 18

Roll Result: rolled 1d6
Comment: Attribute 2 reroll 1s
Result: 6
Total: 6

Roll Result: rolled: 4d6
Comment: Attribute 3
Result: 4, 4, 1, 2

Roll Result: rolled: 1d6
Comment: Attribute 3 reroll 1s roll 1
Result: 4  = 12

Comment: Attribute 4
Result: 1, 1, 6, 5,

Roll Result: rolled: 2d6
Comment: Attribute 4 reroll 1s roll 2
Result: 4, 6  = 17

Comment: Attribute 5
Result: 3, 6, 4, 6 = 16

Comment: Attribute 6
Result: 2, 4, 6, 4 = 14

102468   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:31:06   At 2017-04-18 22:31:06, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 4d6 Result: 16
102467   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:30:26   At 2017-04-18 22:30:26, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19
102466   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:28:30   At 2017-04-18 22:28:30, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 2d6 Result: 10
102465   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:28:10   At 2017-04-18 22:28:10, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 2d6 Result: 2
102464   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:27:33   At 2017-04-18 22:27:33, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 4d6 Result: 13
102463   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:26:55   At 2017-04-18 22:26:55, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 1d6 Result: 4
102462   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:26:08   At 2017-04-18 22:26:08, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 4d6 Result: 11
102461   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:24:50   At 2017-04-18 22:24:50, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 1d6 Result: 6
102460   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:24:32   At 2017-04-18 22:24:32, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 1d6 Result: 1
102459   Noone or Anyone   2017-04-18 22:23:30   At 2017-04-18 22:23:30, New (uid: 31397) rolls: 4d6 Result: 19

Kathyan

Buchseite "Page" of the Distant Mountains Clan
Female Tabaxi Barbarian, Far Traveler
Chaotic Good

Str 16, Dex 16, Con 17, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14

HP 15
Unarmored AC:16
Skills: Athletics, Bluff, Insight, Perception, Stealth, Survival

Feature: All eyes on You

Personality
My curiosity is currently fixed on a wizard's secrets
You can't help but pocket interesting objects you come across.

I have different assumptions from those around me concerning personal space, blithely invading others' space in innocence, or reacting to ignorant invasion of my own.
Inquisitive. Everything is new, but I have a thirst to learn.
I'm fascinated by the beauty and wonder of this new land.
I have a weakness for the new intoxicants and other pleasures of this land.

Still can't decide on a picture though
some ideas