Under New Management (Modern mob/hitman inspired sandbox game)

Started by RampantDesires, February 10, 2015, 01:12:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RampantDesires

Current Thread Listing

Thread Listing and Descriptions

Recruitment - Still and always open.
General OOC - Chit chatting and what not.
Game OOC, Requests, and Announcements - A thread so that questions and specific requests don't get lost.
Setting Information and Character Roster

The Continental Hotel (Public Areas) - The general public areas of the hotel, street outside, lobby, front desk.

The Continental Hotel (Private Areas) - Personal rooms, the surgery, places off limits to those without invitation.

The Continental Hotel (Basement Club) - Still trying to come up with a name.  A place to unwind, seek companionship, have a drink. 

St. Bartholomew's Church - While you can still attend confession the church has a rather ... liberal view on traditional sinning.  Used by many as a meeting place for both contracts and deliveries.

New York City - The city that never sleeps, from the upscale appointment of a mob family's penthouse apartment to the dingy alleyway where your latest kill awaits their dinner reservation.  All of the action that occurs inside the city but outside the hotel itself.

The Great Wide World - Everything that happens outside New York, traveling, other jobs, ect.

So to get this out of the way, yes I watched John Wick last night and rather enjoyed the experience.  My brain almost immediately latched onto the idea that it would make a fairly fun group game and it has been unwilling to let that go so I thought I'd at least put up a quick proposal/interest check to see if anyone else agreed.  (Let's face it, who DOESN'T want to write a badass contract killer?) 

I apologize somewhat in advance because I can be kind of long winded.  Thank you for bearing with me!

The Basics
Distilled down a bit from Moraline's Topics to Cover in Group Games List

What is it?
A modern day non-system based game set in New York city which would probably go in the Non-consensual Human Group section here on E.  Third person past tense writing please.

Who's it open to?
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join with characters of any gender or sexual orientation.  New players will always be welcome, the nature of a hotel is to have people constantly coming and going which makes it ideal for dealing with idle players as well.

Any prerequisites?
You don't HAVE to have seen the movie, but it might be helpful in setting the general tone and feel (just watching the trailer is probably sufficient really).

Who's the GM?
Yours truly.  I think I've got my group game groove down pretty well and am not looking for a co-GM at this time.  I'm a fan of ooc dialogue be it in a group thread, PM, or some kind of messenger service so please don't hesitate to share questions/comments/concerns. 

What kind of characters will be involved?
With the majority of the action taking place in The Continental Hotel, a neutral ground for the who's who of assorted undergrounds, mob families, and contract killers, most characters will generally be either one of the before mentioned guests or staff in the hotel. (I'll give a list of characters that I'm specifically interested in recruiting later on along with a character sheet to fill out, this is just a quick summary).  All characters are HUMAN.  Granted some are super badass humans, but there are no paranormal elements to the story, and your characters is not going to be the best at everything.

Game pacing and tone?
I realize that people's posting speeds can be wildly varying.  There isn't going to be a post requirement, but try to stay in contact with your fellow writers and keep scenes from stalling out (if it has been over a week since we've heard from you expect a polite 'hey what's up?' message in your inbox.   While it is a sandbox game and people are welcome even encouraged to bring their own angles and drama into the fold there will be GM driven events and story lines in which player participation is optional.    How often these events occur depends on general posting speed and we'll work out how time shifts as we go (will likely start just by opening up the full day for general posting and trust players to look at time tags to make sure everyone is on the same page).   I generally see moving to a new day every month or so.  Not terribly fast paced but steady is the goal.

All of this kind of depends on how many other people are interested but I would like to start out with three main IC threads.  One with the hotel public areas (the street out front, check in, lobby, bar, basement ect), another for private rooms (where any sexytime activities will  likely be kept, there can be as much or as little sex involved as you'd like here, but nothing inherent to the game), and another for anything that happens outside the hotel. There will be a small collection of GM created NPCs put out there for general use, players should feel free to use them in their posts or even make up new NPCs that fit for their scene.  There will be a lot of NPC death I imagine.  However there will also be NPCs that are restricted to only GM posting who are untouchable without prior discussion.  These will be clearly marked and I don't see it being a problem really.

Will there be PvP?
Yes and no.  While it is a game of mercenaries/killers and generally 'bad guys'  The Continental Hotel is neutral ground.  Anyone breaking this truce is dealt with swiftly and with brutal effectiveness (read a bullet to the head).  PvP will be allowed on a consensual basis.   If you want to start a rivalry/take a hit on/be a jerk toward another character then send a PM and discuss things first.  There isn't going to be a combat system, just all of us being adults together and working things out before hand. 

Alright I think that's all of the nuts and bolts stuff that needs to be covered, kind of boring really.  Thank you for reading through it all though :)  Soon to come the flavor!

• Setting Information
  • Character Creation

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

The Continental Hotel

1 Wall Street Court, located at the intersection of Wall Street, Pearl Street, and Beaver Street.  Built in 1904 the building has undergone several renovations over the years, the most recent of which being three years ago.  Outwardly not  particularly impressive it blends in well with the New York City skyline drawing only passing attention from tourists or passerbys.  Inside it is a picture of lavish comfort.  No expense was spared, no corners were cut in the renovations.  Polite, efficient and knowledgeable staff  provide any service you might require ... as long as you can pay of course. 

General Rules
1) No business on hotel property. Most cardinally, no hassling/killing of other guests.
Upon further reflection there really is only one rule...
*if you have to ask what the rules are you don't belong here
     ~The Management

The Continental prides itself on being civilized.  Though the world they live in can often be brutal and ugly the hotel has distanced itself from those darker aspects, at least upon the surface.  When calling for a body clean up, you don't mention how many corpses, instead you make a dinner reservation.  One does not simply call down and ask for a M40 to be delivered to their room.  They ask to speak to the concierge about a 2009 vintage with a full body suited to attending a party tomorrow with five of your friends who are traveling in from quite some distance (lets her know you need a sniper rifle, preferably an M40-A5  with all the options which came out in 2009, by tomorrow). 

People staying on permanently in the hotel is a rather rare thing.  Part of being neutral territory is not allowing any one group to use their property as a base of operations.

As of right now there are:
Management and their personal security.  (Swords' Killian will likely fall in this group)
Cesar, as head of security it is important for him to be on hand, his desire to make a break from his background also makes him a bit of a special case.  Also owns property in upstate New York.
Tori, having been effectively been adopted by a member of Management at a young age she's been at the hotel off and on since she was 11, she's willing to work insane hours and devote herself to the operation which has earned her a room shared with Sadie.
Sadie, being on 24/7 call it is important to have her on the property and makes her easier to watch.
Chase, keeping the good doctor ready to attend to emergencies and under surveillance seems like a good idea too.
Sophie, another kind of adoptee her room is available whenever she's in town.
Vivian, likely has her own apartment as well as a room at the hotel because she is required so often to attend to odd requests at all hours of the day.

(that's the current list, if you'd like to make a case for your character to be moved onto it I'm all ears.. err, eyes?)

The Management
Though the people running the place have slowly changed over the years one thing has remained constant.  They are scary enough to keep the boogeymen of the criminal underworld in check.  In order to maintain their neutral status is it important for the hotel to not have a single owner, there are always at least two, sometimes as many as five members of Management at any given time. Moving into the Conteniental is both a matter of timing as well

Winston - Old school Italian mafia there was a point that Winston and his family almost seemed to run the streets of New York.  (The rather impressive gentleman you see from the movie)
Tamara - Born in Russia her rather eventful life led her all over the world, collecting favors and international contacts like they were candy. (Rampant's Management NPC, sheet in progress)
Cerigo's a Slacker - A DA or politician of some kind he's very good at making legal problems and the like go away with connections both dirty and legitimate. (He says he's working on this and up for connections plotting :P)

Coin System
Resembling gold krugerrands their gold content alone puts their value at somewhere around $1.5k USD, but no one has thought of melting one down or selling one for scrap.  A symbol of status, of skill, they are traded among the criminal elite, purchasing favors and things that mere money alone cannot.  The Continental only accepts these rare coins as payment for a room (depending on the length of the stay and the demanding nature of the guest this amount can vary). 

The coins themselves and the tradition of using them among the criminal elite is actually much older than the hotel itself and the Continental has merely adopted and refined the practice.

Img is kind of a place holder until I find a better one.

In the interest of fairness we're probably going to restrict players from starting with more than twenty of these coins in their possession (and you need a damn good reason why you've started with so many).  There will be ways to earn more through out game play, both from GM events and from other players.  This isn't going to be a heavily tracked system, it is just to keep everyone kind of on the same playing field.

Common Uses
Clean up and disposal of bodies.  Called requesting a dinner reservation there is a crew of professions who, for the price of one coin per body, will make sure that all evidence is taken care of and your building is left in pristine condition.  When arranged through the hotel it is also understood that SHOULD there ever be an investigation all of that mess will be taken care of for you as well.

Entrance to the club in the basement of the hotel.  The single coin covers your night's entertainment, any food or drink or ... hotel supplied companionship you might request.  The fee also covers your own +1 if you so wish, favorite cousin, girl you're trying to impress, business acquaintance what have you, so long as they  understand what's going on and you accept responsibility for their behavior. (For those without ready access to coins this benefactor can be an NPC, I'm not trying to exclude any one, just emphasis the kind of elite nature of what you're dealing with here). You need not be staying at the hotel to come and staff have their own entrance.

Contract work.  While some might offer money, coins are by far the more preferable currency.  Easily portable, untraceable and worth more in the long run.  Not just killing, buying information and other favors all fall under this umbrella.  The actual fee is worked out between both parties.

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

RampantDesires

Character Creation

Please fill out a character sheet and either PM it to me or post it here in the thread. 

Name: Feel free to include nicknames, former names, and aliases here
Title/Status: A very brief summary of your character's affiliation (staff, looking for work, mob family affiliation)
Weight:
Hair:
Eyes:
Physical Description: Model =
Please stick to realistic images.  We're not going to do a face claim list I trust that y'all can scan through the list of characters and not make duplicates.

History: I like details. He was born, now he's awesome. The End.  Does not work for me, but nor do I need a yearly break down of everything that has happened to your character.  Please aim for two or three paragraphs and account for the special skills your character has.

Skills:  Feel free to be brief here.  This is more for the hitman characters. 
Personality/Motivations: Pick a few adjectives that describe your character (both good and bad) and talk about their general temperament/drive
Likes (non sexual): The good stuff, what does your character enjoy
Dislikes (non-sexual): Pet-peeves, allergies, whatever, the bad flavors that make up your character :P
Sexual Preference: A brief discussion of your character's sexual leanings and experience
Turn Ons : Alternately (or in addition to) please feel free to link to your personal O/O's
Turn Offs:

RP Thoughts/Plans:  What are you excited about writing? Looking for ties with other players?  What are some places/situations that people might find your character?

[float=right][img height=250 padding=8] your image link here [/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Title/Status:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair:[/b]
[b]Eyes:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b] Model =
[b]History:[/b]

[b]Skills:[/b]
[b]Personality/Motivations:[/b]
[b]Likes (non sexual):[/b]
[b]Dislikes (non-sexual):[/b]
[b]Sexual Preference:[/b]
[b]Turn Ons :[/b]
[b]Turn Offs:[/b]

[b]RP Thoughts/Plans:[/b] 

I'll be making the front desk person as it seems the easiest way for me to be active as a GM and what not.

Positions to be Filled
Old Requests
At least one Doctor (possibly two and or a nurse) - Someone has to patch these people up when they come back
Bartender - Even hitmen need to blow off steam.  The basement of The Continental is a fully stocked bar/club area.

A Personal Shopper (someone who knows how to find pretty much anything you need) Reopened and actively seeking.
A Member of Management  - Indeed, one of the new bosses needs to be a player character I think.  This is going to require a lot of chatting with me both during character creation and during the game so be up for that please! DarkAngel111 has expressed interest
Security is taken very seriously.  While largely self policing there are times that peace needs to be restored and offenders need to be punished. Full up for time being.
The Cleaning Crew - "Will you be needing a dinner reservation?" That makes me laugh every time.  But the disposal of bodies and evidence is a rather important task and they get paid VERY well for it. Though other members of the same cleaning crew or a rival team could be possible.

1) I'm still open to another member of management.  Keep in mind this character is going to be a bit older, less killer extraordinaire and more criminal mastermind. 

2) Some kind of money person.  These guys deal with multi million dollar payments, making this happen without drawing attention is important.  Cleaning money for mafia families, hell just providing retirement options to aging contract killers sounds like it could be a lot of fun :P

3) Speaking of mafia families I think more organized crime members in New York would be AMAZING.  So far Nic and Loves have members of the same family and I think they'd be open to more, but rivals would be great.  We have all of these people in the city looking for jobs, a crime war would provide a ton of work and drama opportunity., but I really don't want to end up NPCing a whole different family myself.

4)  While Cerigo is making a former DA member of Management, but I also think that there's room for more characters like that.  Lawyers, cops, politicians what have you who are all on the take in some way or another. If you wanted to go totally radical you could have someone who is genuinely interested in cleaning up the city and cracking down on organized crime, but I fear your crusader would not be long for this world.

It also occurs to me belatedly to talk about restrictions.

We have three characters with STRONG US military backgrounds (former SEALS/marines/rangers)  so I'm going to go ahead and put the cap on that for the time being.  Other military groups (Sayeret Matkal, Spetsnaz ,  SAS... damn a lot of them start with s's don't they?) are still welcome, but variety is good :)

The rest of the characters will be either other hotel staff or contract killer types. I'm actually debating opening that last part up to all 'world class' criminals who could conceivably belong to an elite club.  Art thieves looking for a safe place to stay in town, almost anything really, if you have an idea for a character just pitch it and we'll make it work.

Getting a job at The Conteniental isn't like normal places.  There is no resume or general interview process.  Most people fall into one of two categories.  Working off a debt, to Management or other important people.  Their service at the hotel is for a set amount of time where upon the debt is wiped clean.  Under Management protection.  So you or someone in your family pissed off the wrong people?  Someone paid to have you placed in The Continental to protect you from the fallout as killing/blackmailing staff is heavily discouraged. 

A Quick Discussion About Character Creation

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 12, 2015, 05:37:33 PM
So with each new character sheet if feels like we're suffering from a bit of power creep and I'm going to ramble for a bit.  Please keep in mind that this isn't me trying to pick on anyone.  I just want everyone to be on the same page and to start writing a story that we're all going to enjoy.

Making a character for a group game is much different from making one for a 1v1.  When you're just writing with another person all the bases are covered by either you, your partner, or any NPCs you might happen to throw in (but lets face it, writing main characters tends to be more fun in the long run).  Group games tend to be about finding your niche.  What are the few things that your character shines at which would cause others to seek them out, and conversely what are your character's weaknesses which force them to work with others to achieve a goal. 

I'm not going to try and argue that we're trying to make realistic characters here.  While it's set in the modern world it isn't the real world, it is a hyper focused criminal shadowy world.  By all means bend some history and make something that you're excited to play.  The problem comes when we transition from bending to broken.  No one likes broken. 

It takes some time to master a skill let alone become world class at them.  Natural talent only gives you so much of a boost.  We're talking years upon years here of devoting yourself to that thing.  Your level of aptitude at something should be inversely proportional to the number of other things you've been studying.  Jack or Jill of all Trades? Sure, you've picked up bits and pieces of everything along the road, but the end of that line is Master of None.  It makes you good at working solo, keeping your MO unpredictable, and lets you kind of round out a team so that you can fill in spots as needed, but you know what? All those things you can do? You're probably going to meet someone in the game who is better at one of those things. 

And that is a GOOD thing.  That's what makes it fun writing in a group. 

So I think that's my rant.  It is just kind of a general cautionary tale and something to keep in mind going forward.

I think it merits repeating :)

Juggtacular

RampantDesires

Quote from: Juggtacular on February 10, 2015, 01:25:16 AM
I'm preemptively marking interest.

Excellent!

I'm only partially through doing the setting information, and the character profile section is mostly done but I'll be tweaking the looking for part of it.  However  it is one AM and my happy butt needs to go to bed. 

Please feel free to ask questions and what have you but keep in mind this info is going to heavily updated in the next day or so.

Loves

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Swashbuckler

Please put me down for interest in one of the Doctor positions

Kekec

Lynnette

Possibly interested in a shopper or headhunter, I'll see if I can come up with something :)
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

Loves

I'm thinking either a nurse, hotel manager or maid.

Maybe two out of three :)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

RampantDesires

Mere words cannot express how happy I am to see all of your faces! :)  It looks like we have enough interest to get the ball rolling at least. 

I'm currently working on fleshing out the Setting info but after that I'll fill out a few character sheets.  I'll have three kind of personal characters, the front desk, I'm thinking maybe a former IRA member (well Óglaigh na hÉireann, a Real IRA splinter group) who is currently in town laying low for some reason or another, and the third kind of depends on what people who make the 'bad guys' are looking for in the game (and also what Reaper's character might turn out as if she'd like to fill the roll I'd be fine with that :) ).  I like the idea of having someone called the Matchmaker.  A permanent resident of the hotel who respects the rule of no business on the property ... but if you were perhaps to invite her out to dinner and explain either that you were looking for work or to have something done, well, anything is possible!

Possible Players
Juggtacular - General Interest
Loves - Nurse, hotel manager, or maid
Swashbuckler - Doctor
Kekec - General Interest
ReaperDouble0 - Personal shopper or headhunter

xPeachyPuff

Might be interested in this, though I haven't seen the film you mentioned. Ill check out some trailers and such of it later tonight. Will have to have a think about what sort of character I'd want to play though.

- Rainbow ♥

Juggtacular

I think I'm gonna go for a John Wick type. All around badass who gets paid a great deal for his expertise.

1SAZ

Aiden

I am posting tentative interest, I have no interest in being an assassin.

I like the idea of a security/internal police/enforcer. You break the rules of the house, you die/fitting punishment.

Or a cleaner, disposer of bodies and contact for all hit men who need a clean up crew. That type of job = Lots of gold coins coming his way.  XD

Swordsman18

Is this like the season of people watching John Wick? I was already fishing for a partner for a solo game but this seem like a good idea as well.

Lumasan

Putting in my interest here. :D Will be working on a character, this is just letting ya know.

OMFG THIS SI SO AWESOME I'M SO GLAD SOMEONE ELSE HAD THE SAME IDEA.
My Ons and Offs/My Current Cravings 1x1's

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

Lumasan

Actually mark me down as a bartender. I'm thinking of putting in some twists there, like could she possibly fill in on slow nights for entertainment? *shrugs* Just ideas. Obviously, I don't want her to be just a bartender, perhaps she's a retired contract killer. Would be a nice spin on it.

"The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, Is Just to Love, And Be Loved In Return" -Eden Abhez "Wild Boys"

la dame en noir

Is there a way to have a dancer/spy type of character? Either way i'm interested.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

ElvenKitten

Bibliophilia

I would really be interested in playing the concierge.  The one who can get you what you need, never casting judgement, asking questions or letting what she has seen or heard pass her pretty lips.  She would be known for being capable of fulfilling any request, no matter how outrageous or unsettling, for the right price.

Face claiming Angelina Jolie.

Loves

I've decided to go with the nurse role
Please, and thank you
:)
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Bibliophilia

Name: Vivian Warner
Title/Status: Concierge
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 154
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue-Green
Physical Description: Vivian is a stunning beauty with strong, angular features, flawless bone structure and pleasing curves.  Her full lips and arresting eyes enhance the untouchable presence that surrounds her, a sense of distance which remains even when she is at her most affable.  She most often dresses in chic, high-end business attire, supplementing the corporate dress with her own elegant sense of style.  She has a few minor tattoos, located in places which are typically covered by her work clothes, or hidden beneath a layer of concealer and powder.  Her make-up is impeccable and tailored to enhance her natural beauty, understated for everyday, though it takes on a more dramatic tone for parties and events.

Additional Images

Model = Angelina Jolie

History: Vivian was always a very bright girl, though her intelligence was accompanied by a rebellious streak a mile wide.  These traits led to a moral flexibility and self-serving nature that prompted her parents to send her to several psychiatrists as she grew older and more difficult to control.  However, rather than helping to normalize her behavior, all this did was cause her to seek more manipulative and subtle means of getting her way.  She learned to hide her nature behind a veneer of conformity and acquiescence, all the while refining her skills at acquiring what she desired.

Her criminal behavior graduated from petty shoplifting, to using her charm and beauty to manipulate grown men into buying her whatever she desired.  Her intelligence served her well when it came to school, and she graduated at the top of her class, after which she moved away from home and in with her most recent conquest.  Her taste for dangerous, wealthy men led her inevitably to the bed of a high-ranking member in one of the mafia families.  From him, she began to develop the skills and contacts required to move in the criminal underworld, where her moral lassitude was an asset, rather than a flaw.  By the time their relationship ended, she had cultivated a good many friendships among those who deal outside of the law, her keen mind, looks and lack of judgement making the task that much easier.

When the management of The Continental Hotel went looking for someone to serve as their concierge, she was their first choice.  While she never dirtied her hands with wetwork, she was well-known as the woman to go to if one needed something, or required someone to fulfill a job.  Her discretion and lack of curiosity had built her a reputation that was nearly unparalleled.  The idea of working for the notorious, and renowned hotel intrigued her, and so she accepted their job offer.

Skills: Charm, manipulation, discretion, connections, adaptability, reading people/situations, moral turpitude.

Personality/Motivations: Vivian is charming company, quite clever and capable of carrying on a brilliant conversation about almost any subject.  She's quite good at reading people and situations, and adapting herself to suit them, giving others what they need in order to get what she wants out of them.  It's difficult to know who she truly is, since she is someone different for every person she meets.  At times amiable and sweet, or professional and distant, or even seductive and flattering, it all depends upon the role the person and/or situation calls for.  She's conscientious about maintaining her business relationships, knowing that to allow any one of them to grow stale would cause her more problems down the line.  Her personal relationships, however, remain largely superficial, and if she feels a lover is growing too close or asking more from her than she is willing to give, she ends things immediately.  This is the main reason she never mixes business and pleasure, and has gained a reputation for maintaining a gentle, though clear, distance from those involved in her work.

Likes (non sexual): High-end fashion, gourmet food, luxury cars, black and white movies, jazz music, Chanel No. 5, sapphires, stiletto heels, intelligent conversation

Dislikes (non-sexual): Loud people, cooking smells, bad wine, coarse fabrics, rom-coms, diamonds, stupidity, tastelessness, rap, not getting her way

Sexual Preference: Omnisexual, her attraction stems from personality and intelligence, rather than gender

Turn Ons : Men in suits, high-end lingerie, confidence, sexual tension, teasing, foreplay, inventiveness (Vivian is a switch, though BDSM need not be involved, for a more general list see my O/Os in my signature)

Turn Offs: Slovenliness, lack of discretion, cruelty, profuse flattery, low self-esteem, weak-willed partners (See my O/Os for more general information)

RP Thoughts/Plans: I haven't any for the moment.  I'd like to explore the interactions between Vivian and her clients at the hotel, as well as any employers and co-workers that end up being played.

Lynnette

Since Biblio took the Concierge role, I'll make my character an elite contractor or something :)
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

RampantDesires

Holy crap.  So I think I underestimated you guys :)

Alright, where to start...

I'm super happy so many of you are interested.  I'll get up game threads today so that we can get things going. 

Bibliophilia, lovely to see you again and Vivian is very much good to go.  Reaper I think that a recruiter/contractor would have a lot of action in the game and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Swords, what can I say, I missed the movie while it was in theaters, but it DID just come out as a general release and we've already watched it twice :P

Quote from: la dame en noir on February 11, 2015, 12:27:08 AM
Is there a way to have a dancer/spy type of character? Either way i'm interested.
Dancer spy type character ... I suppose if would depend on who your spy was reporting to :) If someone outside Management there would be some repercussions if it ever came to light that she was working on hotel property, but it could be fun to write.  Please feel free!

Possible Players
Juggtacular - Hitman
Loves - Nurse
Swashbuckler - Doctor
ReaperDouble0 - Headhunter/recruiter
xSnorkleRainbow - General Interest
1SAZ - General Interest
Aiden - Management enforcer or Cleaner
Swordsman18 - General Interest
Lumasan - Bartender/Club entertainment (feel free to go with both yes)
la dame en noir - Dancer/Spy
ElvenKitten - Cleaner

I think that's everyone.  For people potentially interested in the same roles (like Elven and Aiden with possible cleaners) you can either get together and form kind of a team or run competing services whichever you find most interesting.  I'm sure there's going to be more than enough work to go around :D

Lynnette

I'm trying my best to avoid the generic action girl trope (Aka. "I'm super skinny and look like I should be in the next issue of playboy, but I can still lift cars like it was matchboxes" or something along those lines), but the internet is making it damn hard to do so, since "Athletic" apparently translates to "bodybuilder" when using Google. I wonder if *pfft* Bing can *Bahahahahaha* do any better! *Dies*
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

RampantDesires

Eh I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that 99% of group game characters are young and attractive regardless of their background or current job.  It's the nature of fantasy and role playing me thinks :)

Best of luck with your search though.  Resorting to Bing? Things must be dire indeed! 

Sadly Rampant has one more night of work this week.  Boo and double hiss.  I haven't gotten things as settled as I'd like (though I did catch up on PMs here, thanks for being patient with me!).  Will put up a game OOC thread so y'all can start chatting there, but game IC threads and even the Informational/Character Roster stuff will likely have to wait until I get home tonight (and I rather happily have the next two days off to make sure that things DO in fact get done in a timely manner).  Sorry for the inconvenience!

Nico

Lynnette

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 11, 2015, 03:30:06 PM
Eh I've pretty much come to grips with the fact that 99% of group game characters are young and attractive regardless of their background or current job.  It's the nature of fantasy and role playing me thinks :)

Yeah, I know, I've more or less given up as well. However, I like to try. Granted, when athletic defines as either bodybuilder or anorexic according to google, it's hard. I'll probably just go with some other pictures I found earlier and just act like nothing.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Bibliophilia

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Bibliophilia on February 11, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Oooo!  I like the idea of Hayden as a hitman.

Woo! It's just that unassuming thing about her that I like, when really she's pretty darn dangerous.

Also, completely unrelated, I love your avatar.

- Rainbow ♥

Bibliophilia

RampantDesires

Alrighty  OOC thread be up

She'll always be the cheerleader who needs to be saved to me, but agreed Hayden would make a great playby :) 

Please feel free to keep characters coming in.  Will hopefully get some of the other threads up tonight after work and we can start writing ICly within the next day or so. 

Oh and because someone asked I'm going to ask that we stick to a two characters per player limit for the time being.  This might increase later down the road once we see how pacing and what not works out.  But for now, two it is!

And Nic, yes! You should totally come play with us!

Nico

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 11, 2015, 03:52:16 PM

And Nic, yes! You should totally come play with us!
I might. No promisses, though. But the whole mafia thing is just up my alley.

Juggtacular

RampantDesires

Name: Vittoria "Tori"  DeMarco
Title/Status: Hotel Employee, Front Desk
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 117
Hair: Brown, wavy
Eyes: Brown
Physical Description: Like many short women heels are her best friend be they paired with jeans and a t-shirt or a simple business dress for work. 
Model = Emmy Rossum
Additional Images

History:  Everyone who knew Tori's father would tell you that he was a good man ... unfortunately good men don't always live very long.  When the Acardi mafia family was dismantled in the beginning of 2001 few were spared.  They'd grown overly ambitious and irreverent, an example had to be made.  Edmund DeMarco was just an enforcer.  He didn't have the leverage to save himself from the bloodshed that ensued, but he DID make arrangements for his eight year old daughter.

To this day she still doesn't know the exact terms of that agreement, just that his last thoughts had been of her and that he wanted her to be 'taken care of'.  His body was still cooling when they showed up at her door, a few low words dismissing the neighbor who'd been paid to stay in and watch her that night. There was a childish (but rather justified in her mind) tantrum of "I want to see my father!" and "I'm not going!" but in the end some people just can't be argued with.

What followed was a unique series of foster homes.  There was no social worker popping in to check on her progress, well unless social workers were suddenly wearing three thousand dollar suits and keen on making sure that you knew how to defend yourself from the surprising number of bullies at the new private catholic school you found yourself going to.   

She didn't actually get to visit The Continental until she was eleven.  It was by far the fanciest lunch of her young life and such trips soon  became a much coveted reward for a job well done.  These initial trips occasionally ... discomforted the guests who weren't exactly used to being around kids who asked seemingly innocent but probing questions (though she balked strenuously at that description.  Hello, age in double digits here!). 

Throughout high school her time at the hotel increased so that by the time college rolled around she was practically living there. Her benefactors kindly offered to bankroll a degree at NYU, the sky was a limit.  She could be a doctor, study Egyptian art, whatever caught her fancy.  Instead she politely declined and went  to get a B.S. in Hotel and Tourism Management from Tisch Center for Hospitality and Tourism.  The Continental was the only place that she really felt at home, safe, settled.  Why would she ever want to leave? 

Upon completing her degree she became front desk manager (more due to good timing than the degree, which let's face it, isn't all that helpful).  She now shares a room with Sadie and although the two quickly became friends they rarely if ever talk about their pasts or the very different paths that brought them there to work at the hotel.

Skills: Multitasking, managing to always smile politely and be pleasant regardless of circumstance, basic self defense

Personality/Motivations: Calm. Tori is rather good at internalizing things.  She rarely looks excessively happy, shocked, or angry.  Loyal.  Regardless of how it happened The Continental has become her home and she does everything in her power to make sure that things there run smoothly.

Likes (non sexual): Anything peanut butter (seriously just a jar and spoon is fine, spoon optional), snow, sunbathing with Sadie and the novelty of 'girl time',  being able to organize things, concerts of all shapes and sizes (people watching is definitely a hobby, add music to the mix and it's even better!).

Dislikes (non-sexual): Pollen in the spring especially (plants why you try to kill people?), designer dogs, treadmills (and gyms in general, running outside is much more fun regardless of weather), thinking about the future.

Sexual Preference: 85% Hetero with the occasional "hot damn women are soft and smell amazing I wonder if.." moments.

Turn Ons : Hands, they are one of the first things she notices in the opposite sex, and with the number of strong capable hands that come through the hotel she's been rather twiterpated on a number of occasions (not that it usually shows much outwardly, coming on to guests is not in her job description). Flirting with the forbidden.  Being told no or knowing that someone is 'entirely unsuitable' for her just makes her fixate harder. She's never actually dated or been with someone who could be a guest in the hotel, but oh GOD the day dreams (and night ones for that matter!).

Turn Offs: Anything above light bondage (at least in theory, Tori's fairly inexperienced and she could be guided into some of the more extreme areas by the right partner), bragging (if you have to SAY you're a badass then you really aren't and no one is impressed). General Rampant Offs of beastiality, bathroom play, ect all apply)  Please look through my O/O's if there's any question. 

RP Thoughts/Plans:  I see Tori as being viewed as almost a kid sister for those who've been around watching her grow up.  She's been rather sheltered and might be looking for a few chances to rebel a bit and misbehave, but all in all she's rather happy with her life and doesn't want to rock the boat too much.  As the hotel's front desk manager she's there helping guests check in and out as well as serving as a point of contact for most requests/complaints and what have you.

Open to - Friendships.  I'm hoping that she gets along well with most of the staff but ... Enemies - Feel free to just not like her or her face for some reason or another :P Possible romantic/sexual encounters - Every catholic girl has to grow up at some point.

Lynnette

Ugh, looking for images of a playboy model with clothes on is like searching for a fuck to give.

Spoiler: The fuck does exist somewhere, it's just absolutely impossible to find.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Loves

I am working on my character sheet for the nurse.   I would like to put a faceclaim in for Minka Kelly, please and thank you.   I am still deciding if I will make a second character, so for now.... just the nurse.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Aiden

With someone showing interest in the cleaner role, I will take up the Enforcer for the club. More fun that way. =D

I will contact you at some point Rampant, so we can hammer out details and past. Since I see him as being there for quite some time.

Loves

Name: Sadie Lynn Cummings

Title/Status: Nurse

Height: 5’5”

Weight: 123 lbs (35-24-36)

Hair: Long dark hair with natural light brown highlights, naturally wavy, falling her lower back

Eyes: Impossibly dark brown eyes

Physical Description: Model = Minka Kelly

History:

Sadie is the younger of two children. Her parents were both killed in an unfortunate car accident, struck by a driver that had fallen asleep behind the wheel, leaving the two siblings to take care of each other. Her brother Zack, despite being the oldest, did very little of the caring. He had always been trouble, and with the death of their parents, had gotten worse. Without their father to keep Zack in check, he soon became deeper and deeper in debt to the wrong people. Heavily in debt, Zack came to his sister for help, having no place to go.

His secrets spilled, Sadie was positive she could strike a deal with her brothers creditors. She had no idea who she was dealing with, and ended up forever changing her life after one meeting, over coffee and a slice of pie.  She now belonged to the same man that her brother owed his debt to. In order to save Zack’s neck, Sadie agreed to remain at the hotel and work as a nurse, assisting the doctor with medical procedures that were best left out of the system. 

As for Zack, he was put to work that eventually had him arrested and sent to prison. However, Sadie was trapped, regardless, as she was told if she left, or said a word about what went on within the hotel, that her brother would never see his next birthday. Being in prison did not keep him safe from the powerful influential man that had stolen Sadie’s freedom.

Now living at the hotel, Sadie shares a room with Vittoria (Tori) DeMarco, and Sadie’s cat “Mr. Whiskers”.  Sadie and Tori met the first day of Sadie’s forced career, instantly striking up an easy friendship. They grew closer, with Sadie opening up to her about her fears for Zack and the secret crush she had formed on Doctor Chase Huntington. Tori is the one person that Sadie trusts completely, and the sister that Sadie had always longed for.

Skills: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, skilled in the ER, and able to do minor procedures such as stitches, reset bones, set casts, and other such medical emergency procedures.  She also plays the piano and can pick a lock (her brother taught her).

Personality/Motivations: Sadie is all about family. She truly cares for not only her brother, but in people in general. She rarely is without a smile, and enjoys spending time with children.  She had thought once that she might be a pediatrician, however with the death of her parents, that dream became impossible. Looking after Zack had become a fulltime job. 

She would like to have a normal life, but fears that her “sentence” for her brother’s sins will never end, causing the dream of a minivan, and a house with a white picket fence to burn. If she could find away to get out of the trap she has fallen in, and keep her brother safe, then she would take it…

at least she thought that she would.

But that was before bonding with Tori, and falling for the troubled, but handsome Doctor. And so, sticking around to make sure that Chase stays out of trouble, and Tori always has a friend to turn to might be with silver lining that Sadie needs to keep that smile on her pretty face.

Likes (non sexual): Her kitten, strawberries dipped in chocolate, champagne, sappy romantic movies, helping people, children, daydreaming, vanilla ice cream, and sunbathing on the roof of the hotel.

Dislikes (non-sexual): Being forced to do things she would rather not. Worrying about Zack, feeling trapped, enclosed spaces, drunks, rats, nightmares and horror movies.

Sexual Preference: Heteral Sexual

Turn Ons : Dr. Chase Huntington… mmmmmmm, strong willed men who make her tremble,  men in suits, and a kind smile.  Other physical turn ons for Sadie are things such as, nibbling on her ear, the smell of expensive cologne, the sound of rain tapping against her window (she doesn’t know why it gets her, but oh boy does it get her!) and the danger of being “caught” in the act.

Turn Offs: A man that needs to have more than one woman at a time. Abusive behavior, a heavy smoker, drunks, and weak men who wish to be dominated. Other things that turn her off are strange or unusual requests that she deems as too kinky… bathroom behavior should remain private, there is nothing attractive about it.

RP Thoughts/Plans: I see Sadie as someone that is easy to get along with, and pretty much liked by those that she comes into contact with. Some might view her as pathetic, since she gave up her life in order to try and save her brother. Others might find it a brave and commendable act of selflessness. I am open to all kinds of connections, friendships, enemies, lovers… Looking forward to writing with you all and watching Sadie flourish and grow in the game.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Swashbuckler

Name: Chase Warren Huntington III
Title/Status: Doctor
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 195
Eyes:  Green
Physical Description: Model = Sean O'Pry
History:

Chase Warren Huntington III grew up a disgustingly privileged life bouncing between his fathers home in the Hampton's, where his Anglo good looks and seemingly inborn smugness carried him well, and his mothers equally lavish home on Martha's Vineyard.    Chase did not really remember when his parents got divorced, officially that its, because they had always been cool and distant to each other his whole life.  At least they started living in separate houses when he was 10, so he figured it had to be around then.   His father a prominent banker and his mother a socialite (before it came to mean slut), Chase grew up even after the divorce with a large chip on his shoulder and nothing in the way of plans to work hard at all.  Even living between parents, Chase had an easy childhood, and since he came from some very old money, had no problem securing a spot at Yale and then Yale Medical with only decent grades. 

Luckily for Chase, he found a real calling once he started medical school and for the first time in his privileged life, he applied himself to something fully.  Graduating near the top of his class, Chase had no trouble getting a job at a top hospital in NYC (it only took a few pulled strings too!).  Once there, Chase started to make some real money of his own, not that the trust fund baby needed it much, but also started to get into some real trouble.

It started with harmless little sports bets here and there, then it progressed to long, underground poker games, and pretty soon things got out of control.  Before he even had a chance to think of getting himself out,  Chase had gotten himself in way too deep with all the wrong people.  Indeed, if he had not proven himself a very capable surgeon coincidentally when one of the "family" was brought into the ER with multiple gun shots, there is little doubt that he would now be enjoying some new living arrangements at the bottom of the East River.  Ironically, Chase debts were nothing his family money would have trouble clearing, but there was no way he could get to it without his parents finding out and subsequently cutting him out for good.  And who would risk millions for a hundred grand?

So it was that Chase took the offer that the 'family' gave him.   Put the hospital and his career behind him and work exclusively for them at their hotel.  It wasn't hard work, if a little stressful since the malpractice would be a bullet to the head, but it allowed him to start clearing his debt.   Now he just had to be sure not to relapse...

Skills: Chase was nearly head of his class at Yale Medical.  While not having enough time to select and finish a specialty, he is well versed in a wide variety of medical procedures, and in the course of his new life has become practically an expert in traumas.

Personality/Motivations:  Chase is not a bad person, although his upbringing has given him an entitled and slightly arrogant air.  Humbled recently by his troubles, he tends to float between a wry sense of humor, and a narcissistic jackass.  Chase is always kind to a patient, even if they are an ass themself.   A womanizer when he was in college and working in the hospital, Chase worked his way (twice) through the nurses, although since he has started this new 'chapter' he has put that behind him and kept to himself, afraid to let anyone get close.  Although if they were going to have a nurse, thank god that found a stunning one.   Also, although he has been clean for a while, he gets very twitchy around any kind of betting or gambling, and is still obviously struggling with that demon.

Likes (non sexual): A good bourbon, a sensual woman, the feel of silk stockings under his hands, brunette nurses, a brisk autumn day, dogs of all sorts

Dislikes (non-sexual): Bimbos, new money trying to act like old, fast food, public transportation

Sexual Preference: The ladies

Turn Ons : long legs, a woman biting her lip, a fiery woman, the feel of a woman's long hair dragging down his body, teasing

Turn Offs: insecurity, immaturity, gold digging

RP Thoughts/Plans:  I would like to play a balance of Chase trying to get out of his predicament, and succumbing to his demons and slipping deeper

CurvyKitten

Peeks~ Ohh....I just watched this movie last night actually. Color me interested!

CurvyKitten

Name: Elena Danovich aka the Diamond Killer, aka
Domina Mortis,
Title/Status: Assassin / Unaffiliated but respected
Height: 5' 7"
Weight: 127 lbs.
Hair: Dark brown
Eyes: Hazel
Physical Description: Elena has a sense of grace and nobility that flows through all of her movements. It is clear why she was always able to draw the eye of both men and woman. Her dark hair framing her lovely features, her well toned frame still outlined with the soft supple curves of a beautiful woman.

She does have a few scars, A scar along her right ribcage that gives hints to a nearly fatal blow. A scar that runs along the left side of her neck, it seems someone tried to cut her throat once. And a short scar along her back that looks almost surgical if one has the knowledge to identify it.
Model = Kate Beckinsale
More pics

The necklace she always wears.

History:
When you first looked at Elena's family one would think they were simply a well off and happy family unit, normal and simply wanting to be happy. But what most would not know is that both of Elena's parents were retired assassins. They chose to leave the life behind when Elena came into the picture. They sought to make this a fresh start with their beautiful baby girl. And for 10 years that is exactly what they had. On Elena's 10th birthday her whole world fell apart, and the road to the woman she became was laid before her.

Her parents had been the part of a well known group called The 13 Diamonds, getting their name (and call signs) from the suit from a deck of cards. The new head (Ace of Diamonds) of the group was in fact Elena's uncle, and in his mind her parents were a threat. In truth he simply hated his brother and wanted to destroy everything he had. The people that they had once called friends now began to turn against them, turning Elena's birthday in a day of war...and death.

Both her parents were murdered that day; Elena barely surviving was taken that day by the 2 of Diamonds. The small girl could have broken that day, but instead she simply became filled with a hatred and need for vengeance that shaken the most certain of foes. Her first kill came a few days later; the 2 of Diamonds enjoyed young girls and thought Elena a prize. That was until the small girl slit his throat in the bloody beginning to a very hard life.

Elena had one lucky moment when an old friend (Price) came for her. Finding out what happened he came to try and find a safe place for the young girl. But what he found was so far from the little girl he once knew that there was no way Elena could go to a normal home. So Price took the girl in and taught her what he could. If she was dead set on taking vengeance, then she would have to be ready for it.

From there on out Elena's world revolved around learning, training...and killing. Each year on her birthday (and anniversary of her parent’s death) she would kill one of the 13 Diamonds. Working her way slowly up line, each year spent healing, training, and learning about her next target. She used some old files her father had kept, learning about each mark. Each of them dying in a different way, one by fire, one by poison, another by sniper. Each kill making her stronger and adding to her skills. But each kill also took a small part of her humanity and gentle light. The once sweet girl becoming the heartless killer she was so dead set on hunting.

The King of Diamonds proved to be a difficult mark. Nearly taking her life before Elena could finish her off. In the end Elena was barely able to walk much less continue her hunt. It took five years for her to become whole again, but with each passing year Elena sent a gift to the Ace of Diamonds. Making sure her uncle knew that his time was coming, driving him insane as she worked to become strong enough to destroy him. And in the end that was exactly what she did. At 28 the final Diamond fell. But with no one left on her list Elena was left with no purpose in life. So she continued to do the only thing she knew...kill. Now known within that dark world by different names, each one commanding a great deal of respect
Skills:
Her skills very greatly, years spent learning to combat the 13 diamonds. Each one proving to have its own unique skill set she had to deal with. Having to evolve with each encounter, she learned something new with each one. Her skills include, marksmanship, poisons, pressure points, a collection of fighting styles(her styles centering around ones that favor her physical attributes), and driving pretty much anything. Her greatest weapon though has and always will be her mind and unrelentingly will. All of which has been worked on and since she was 10. (25 years of training and learning and still she knows there is always more to learn)

Personality/Motivations: Most know Elena by reputation alone, and those that know her never share what they know. Knowing that it would most likely be the last they thing the speak off. She is cold and calculating in most moments of her life. Emotions brimming beneath a frozen exterior, the walls build after years of being driven by unrelenting revenge. In the end Elena has become the very thing she once hunter.

Beneath the surface and unforgiving will Elena is a passionate and driven woman. She does not shy away from what she wants. Taking lovers as she pleases but never getting attached, she leaves most (or sends most away) by the time morning comes around.

Likes (non sexual): Music, old movies, cars and motorcycles, ice cream, history, the beach, good wine, art, a finely crafted weapon,
Dislikes (non-sexual): Ego maniacs, cocky ass hats, Being told she can't, Traitors, men who leave her wanting, people that think they can control her, sloppy kills,
Sexual Preference: Straight
Turn Ons : power play, passion, kissing, hair pulling, spanking, exhibitionism, biting, bondage, not stopping till utterly satisfied (and really felt something)
Turn Offs: bathroom play, vore, mutilation, humiliation(respect players offs please)

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
Elena may come off as cold and uninterested, but she has her passions. She enjoys the arts, fine wines and food, dancing (classic styles), and oddly enough old movies and ice cream shops.

I am open to all sorts of links, rivals, enemies, lovers, people she goes to for need skills or items, please feel free to poke me.

I am excited to play this concept as it comes from a short story I wrote years ago. This will be after the story ended, and I can't wait to see how the character begins to change or evolve. Does she ever really connect with someone? Does she learn knew skills? Does she break eve further and become a senseless killer? I am so excited to see what her story will become.

RampantDesires

Sadie and Chase get the thumbs up as well!

Aiden I look forward to the chattings.  I'm still lining up some storyline but lets just say there's going to be more than enough to keep him busy!

Yay more interested people :D  I can't tell you all how floored I am by your response and I very much look forward to getting this off the ground.

Speaking of which.  Game OOC  Seriously.  Masturbation is enjoyable but I fear I've been playing with myself for too long... (it is also possible I'm incredibly hyped up on sugar and caffeine right now and am more than a little silly...)

Loves

Yay for Sadie!!

ON HIATUS AGAIN

RampantDesires

*check marks Elena's approved box*

That sounded less dirty in my head O.o

Going to go through and edit the "looking for" positions to reflect current needs.  Then get the game info and characters thread up.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 12, 2015, 12:59:00 AM
*check marks Elena's approved box*

That sounded less dirty in my head O.o

Going to go through and edit the "looking for" positions to reflect current needs.  Then get the game info and characters thread up.

YAAY! Thank you!

Lumasan

Name: Evelynn, Eve (shorthand version/nickname) (Only Management knows her full identity)
Title/Status: Bartender/Companion
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 124lbs (34-26-35)
Hair: Brunette, runs to mid back and has a slight natural wave to it. (It's possible her hair color may not be natural. She might have a really good stylist)
Physical Description:
Additional Images
Model = Monica-Renee
History:

For a part of her life, Evelynn made a living as a hired killer. Of sorts. She bartended across the country and listened to the  woes of bitter women, for whom she felt sympathy (Evelynn had her share of philanderous men, and sometimes in her opinion: too many. In fact she owes the start of a eventful career to one of them.).  She was often hired by these spiteful wives to take out their powerful and unfaithful husbands, should they be able to afford it. She would bounce from city to city, taking out a few "bad" men at a time. Offering them, sometimes slow and painful, death between her legs. She felt sorry for them all, in small ways. She always allowed them to go out doing what they did best, cheating on the women they had sworn their lives to. She was usually paid handsomely as she was skilled at making it appear as mere accident. Luckily most of her contracts involved older gentlemen.

After a few years of dispatching several men, she had learned of a wonderful neutral territory in which she could linger. The Hotel was usually reserved for her trips out of the city she was living in at the time. A means to come to find newer tools, learn newer techniques, and to relax. Here she learned of the gold that was so valuable to the system. The system she had unknowingly become part of. She would inquire every now and then, should a woman need revenge. She did not find much through the hotel management, but they were perhaps the best paying clients. Gold was what ruled her life now.

While she did her best to only take upon contracts that were definite in their mistakes, she had the unfortunate mishap or two. The one that spelled the end of a successful and fruitful career as a widow maker, was perhaps her biggest mistake of all. She knew the details, she knew the loathing wife, and she knew the schedule of the man she was to end. She didn't know however, the ramifications of his death. He was younger, and quite powerful in his own right. A D.A. on his way to becoming a politician, she was to silence his life before he ever started campaigning. He was corrupt yes, and quite unfaithful too. However she knew not how deep his pockets were filled with the money of larger criminals. While she was able to escape with her life--barely--intact, it was not easy from that point on. The people who poured money into his pockets now had a reason to find who took out such a valuable asset in their lives, and had the money to spare.

In an attempt to save her own life, she went into hiding. Changed her name, her physique, her appearance. She then ended up using most of her gold and money (that she had painstakingly saved over the last few years) on shelter in the hotel. Paying until there was no more. When she ran out, she was desperate. While she knew the rules of the grounds, she also knew most weren't willing to break them. She was also, by now, aware of how deep the pockets were of the men who wished her dead. Luckily they did not run deep enough to place a contract worthy of breaking the rules. She was afraid to leave. In a fit of desperation, she contacted management and pleaded her way into a position at the hotel.

In addition to her bartending capabilities, she offered herself in other ways. A separate deal, on top of her job, with the management. She could pick her own clients first and foremost. She could also approve of the ones chosen by management as well as having the right to decline certain individuals based on their reputation (Management was good at letting her know should the potential client be a loose cannon). However, she also must oblige the management should they have a guest (of high ranking) that needed the companionship. There were always guests who trumped the ruling. Fortunately, she was already detached from her own sexuality after so many years as a widow maker, that it made no difference to her. She only wished to atone instead of kill. It brought more pleasure to her now, to offer a man (or woman) the company they needed to survive their career path. So her clients were chosen, if words were spoke right to staff, or if the right amount of coin came her way from a customer.

Skills: Drink Mixology, vast knowledge of toxins and poisons, massage, a good listener, companionship (In all sense of the word), lying/hiding the truth.

Personality/Motivations: After killing men for coin, she only wished to bring them (and women, should they inquire it) pleasure and comfort. Tired from what her actions had caused her own life, she wanted nothing more than to give back in the way she knew best. As a bartender she listens to stories and offers advice, should she be able to give it. While some of it may not be practical, she will often try to find an answer to satisfy those whom she pours drinks to. As a companion she wants to provide the comfort that many are missing in this lifestyle. Pleasure with the fake sense of security and belonging. A person whom they can divulge their pain to in the sweetest of ways.

Beneath everything, all of her past and mistakes, still lies a piece of what used to be. Hopeful, yearning, a dreamer. However she never exposes this to others. Only offers glimmers in the form of comforting words, an comforting arms.

She is at her best, a wondrous person with a bright twinkle in her eye. Honest (see white lying and lying skills for further complication. Honesty as in will give you the truth you need to hear), charming, and likable. Needless to say, most do not see her at her worst. She has become good at hiding any true emotion of hers, knowing it will only interfere with her chosen role. Some of the best clients can spot it, when she is forcing it, but it is not often. It requires a person of the same quality to recognize the white lies, the soft misdirection and the detachment they would only see in their own eyes after becoming hardened over the years.

Likes (non sexual): Drinking, music, dancing, conversation, charm and wit, broken people with stories to tell, the smell of a dive bar, a good burger or steak, and tattoos.
Dislikes (non-sexual): People with egos larger than their guns, women who only drink cosmos, not being able to provide comfort to clients, clients who see her nothing more than a piece of meat, people who place appearance higher than anything else, food that looks like art (it's not very edible in her opinion).
Sexual Preference: Bisexual (Possibly Poly)
Turn Ons : Dominant yet gentle men, extended foreplay, oral (giving or receiving), rough play (primal), biting, hair pulling, play fighting, knife play (when used in tandem with dominance), dirty talk (to an extent, certain harsh words cannot be used), pillow talk, quiet types (they have the best stories once they open up).
Turn Offs: Over bearing control (or abusive behavior), bathroom play, belittling, unfaithfulness, rape play, massive egos.

RP Thoughts/Plans:  Open to friendship, prospective clientele, enemies, anything really. I want her to be able to provide people with comfort should they need it whether it be through a strong drink or a night alone with her. I also wouldn't mind enemies or any grudges. I'm a drama monster of sorts, so any conflict is good in my eyes.

RampantDesires

I'm totally down for a black widow type turned refugee :)  Will go ahead and change my front desk lady's name though so as to avoid confusion (Eve and Eva are a bit too close for two similarly colored women working in the same building me thinks). 

Approved Lumasan!

Loves

I will have to edit my character sheet to reflect Eva's new name, as I have mentioned it in Sadie's info. :)

Edit:   I have since modified my sheet for Sadie to reflect Eva's new name,  Vittoria "Tori"  DeMarco
ON HIATUS AGAIN

Nico

Vincente
Name: Vincente 'Vinnie' Maria Astorino [only friends, his 'employees' and some clients call him Vinnie]
Title/Status: Member of the Astorino Family ( 'Ndrangheta - Calabrian mafia branch of NYC) -  Pimp/Dealer/occasionally contract killer (whenever it becomes necessary or he is hired)
Height: 6'0
Weight: 192 lbs.
Eyes: Hazel-brown
Physical Description: Click here. (Model is Bartolomeo Fasano)

History:

Vincente was born on August 18th, 1990, in Calabria/Italy, as second of five children to Angelo and Donatella Astorino. All of his brothers and sisters and of course himself were sent to good catholic private schools, to make sure the kids were well educated and smart. His father, and various other family members were involved in 'Family business' and it was merely a question of time, before young Vincente would follow in his fathers and grandfathers footsteps. Tradition, and all this. And one always had to honour traditions. Having been involved with the 'Ndrangheta (the Calabrian Mafia) since he was twelve, it was quite obvious what the young man would do with his life: Dedicate it to the organized crime. For years, he's done grunt work, pushing drugs, doing 'deliveries' as a runner for some guy he never saw, back then. Everyone just knew him as 'The Boss'. Didn't matter. The young man grew, and with him, his tasks.

By 2005, his father had been involved in blackmail and protection money business, but Vincente always had his 'field of expertise' in other venues. Having one or the other drug dealer and pimp as friends, Vincente quickly found a liking for those things, and he quickly got involved into human trafficking when he was barely eighteen. He worked hard because he wanted to show the family boss what a good, loyal man he was. And, finally, was accepted as full member of 'La Famigila'. This, of course, came with a price. They wanted him to 'get rid' of some dealer who had fallen from grace, so to speak, having taken more than his share, and Vincente did not hesitate. Until then, he already had sold drugs, beaten some whores half to death, was in quite some brawls - why not add murder to his list?

However, his family immigrated to the United States in 2010, when Vincente just had turned twenty. His father was invited by a cousin, to run some businesses (restaurants) with him and help him with other family business, and he agreed, taking his wife and the five children with him. When family was calling, who was he to say no? New York City was an awesome place, and the young, ambitious man quickly made the 'right' connections within the families of new York City, proving his skill and dedication, and his quite remarkable talent to make money. Having a college degree in Business Management certainly was helpful in his endeavours, and his ruthless and quite vicious methods soon earned him a reputation. One as uncompromising but honourable businessman. Not even a year after his family came to the states, Vincente already had quite some prostitutes running for him, working their asses off, just to get him the money. Officially, Vincente works at one of his fathers restaurants in town, as co-owner, doing accounting and some management. Was a neat cover-up, to launder the money he made with all his illegal ventures.

Of course, 'just' being a pimp wasn't enough for him. Vincente always wanted more, and thus, he got his fingers into drug business, and was involved in it soon after, thanks to the good contacts of his family in town. Was so very profitable, after all, and the sheer extent of New York City provided him with clients on end. All those damn addicts, filling his pockets rather nicely. Would he wast a thought on their poor, miserable lives? Fuck, no. Mostly, Vincente sells Cocaine, Heroine and various designer drugs, whatever was hip and new. One had to be quite flexible in this line of work, and with his connections and the connections of his widespread family, it never was a problem, to get his hands on what was desired.

His family is mostly known for having their hands in Import/Expost business (which of course is used by Vincente to smuggle the drugs and whores into the country), various construction companies, restaurants and one of the other bar in town.

Additional information/pictures

Religion: Christian/Catholic (goes to church on Sunday)
Heritage: Originally from Reggio di Calabria/Calabria/Italy
Spoken Languages: Italian [native], English, Spanish
Weapons:Desert Eagle, Switchblade (he owns quite some other weapons, but those are the ones he has on him usually)
Car: Lamborghini Gallardo 'Tricolore'
Piercings: None
Tattoos:

Scars:
4 inches long scar on his left, upper leg (from a knife fight)
A gunshot wound on his right shoulderblade
11 inches long scar on left side of his torso (also from a fight)

Regularly worn jewelry:

He always wears a golden ring on his right pinkie and a golden necklace.

More visuals

-All pictures are clickable-

Skills:

• Business management (has a college degree)
  • Finances (Accounting, Banks)
  • Law Knowledge (had some pre-law courses at college)
  • Blackmail, Coercion, 'convincing' people, persuasion
  • Communication, delegation,
  • Hotwiring cars, lockpicking
  • Shooting, Combat, fast driving
  • Vast drug- and area knowledge (street gangs, various criminal organizations, etc.)
  • Knowledge about the structure and chain-of-command of the organized crime
  • Poker, ballroom dancing
  • Knows his way around in jail (He's done some time for assault)

Personality/Motivations: His prime motivation is to bring honour (and money, of coruse) to his family and to himself, and be loyal to those he works with (or for). There was always a bigger fish, and he was very well aware of this fact. Being protected always came with a price. Giving his loyalty and trust only to those that earn it, he expects people to work hard and not slack around. Life was hard for some, not so hard for people like him.

Vincente is a generally calm and determined man, especially when it comes to dealing with clients and business partners. Showing too much emotion was nothing Vincente was known for. If he hated someones guts, they would know, sooner or later. Why should he warn them? He learned early on in life that patience, honour, confidence and loyalty could open many doors. He is a harsh, ruthless business man with little mercy for those trying to betray him or lessen his income. He is known to treat his property (aka. whores) with little respect, viewing them as nothing but trash and just existing to make him some good dollars. Beneath the calm exteriour lies a passionate, hotblooded, confident and devoted man, not afraid to take what he wants (even if he has to use his persuasion skills or plain, brutal force at times). He is a generally dominant person, with a strong will and fierce passion.

Now and then he works as contract killer, too. Depends on how much he gets paid and on who the target it, of course. If anything, Vincente wants a challenge, and not off some lousy street dealer. He was more skilled than to waste his time and talents on that scum.

Likes (non sexual): Authentic Italian food and drinks, earning money, business running well, making new connections, fast cars, soccer and baseball, his family (close and extended), now and then a hit of Cocaine, expensive Whiskey and cigars, good music, lazy Sundays after he was at the mass, hanging out with friends, his weapons (he is particularly fond of sharp objects), showing people their places, violence,
Dislikes (non-sexual): Rats and liars, people without honour and pride, Cops, people that open their mouths before thinking, his whores talking back at him, cheap booze, people that brag (he considers this pathetic and not worth his time), questioning his loyalty, having to get rid of missbehaving whores, random people getting their hands on him (he's got a personal space, for gods sake), American styled Fast-food, pathetic people, people that beg (usually for their lives), when plans don't work out, unreliable coworkers or business partners,
Sexual Preference: Homosexual, mostly [This is not public knowledge. It isn't something Vincente tells just about everyone, because it is nobodies damn business. Not even his family knows.]
Turn Ons & Offs: I really can't tell, yet. (Sooner or later he will tell me). Not really essential, right now, anyways. Please read my On and Off thread.

RP Thoughts/Plans: Character development, relationship building, Open for friendship/enemies/allies, and of course for his clients or those that work for him (aka prostitutes); (My PM box is open for everyone for plotting, questions, etc.)

Lynnette

I'll try to get my sheet up today, haven't had time to do much till now but I hope I'll be able to finish it tonight.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lumasan

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 12, 2015, 03:01:24 AM
I'm totally down for a black widow type turned refugee :)  Will go ahead and change my front desk lady's name though so as to avoid confusion (Eve and Eva are a bit too close for two similarly colored women working in the same building me thinks). 

Approved Lumasan!

Oh. Woooops. Sorry didn't mean to do that!!! D:

Lynnette

Name: Audery Fey Mavor, normally referred to as Fey
Title/Status: Contract killer, hired gun/terrorist/bomberman for hire, to some extent recruiter, whatever pays
Height: 5'7" (170cm)
Weight: 146lbs (66kg)
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Physical Description: Has a few scars from various incidents, a three-inch knife-scar on the left hand, several half-inch scars gotten from fragments after explosions, most located on her legs around her ankles. No tattoos, has a belly-button piercing. Has rather dark rings around her eyes, though they are usually covered up with makeup.

Model = Taylor Momsen
History:
history, became a bit long so I put it here
Audery was the second born of a young couple heavily associated with middle-eastern families. Her father had middle-eastern origins while her mother was American. While she inherited most of her traits from her mother's side of the family (Whom she hardly ever saw due to her father's heavy shielding from the western culture), her father did everything he could to make her fit more in with the rather extreme ways of her father's side of the family, just like what had happened with her three years older sister. However, despite her father's strong connection with the eastern community in LA where they currently resided, she was never fully accepted into the family due to where she inherited her traits from.

However, unlike Audery who tried her best to fit in with the culture, her older sister was a lot more rebellious, something that quickly attracted negative attention from the rest of the family. Eventually though, her father had decided he had enough with her ways and arranged her marriage at the age of 19, way beyond when most would be married. She was sent to Iraq alone, with the rest of the family waiting patiently back in the US.

However, not interested in marrying the far older man whom she didn't even know, Melissa (Audery's older sister) ran away. It was received horribly by Audery's father, and going by standard norms, Audery was sent after her to commit an honor kill to bring back the honor that Melissa had taken with her when she ran away. Normally, a son would be sent, but since there was none to pick from, there was but a 16 year old girl to send after her, and hence it was settled. Audery was sent to Iraq as well, met by a distant uncle at the airport who helped her track down Melissa while simultaneously teaching her how to use the handgun she had been given, seeing she didn't have the physical strength to use anything else effectively.

Weeks passed with little happening, but eventually they had managed to pinpoint her older sister's location, and the pursuit began. Eventually, they caught up with her, and as Audery had been told to, she ended up killing Melissa. The two had never gone well along, but neither had expected it to come to such an end. However, obsessed with wanting to please her father, she had gone through with it, and ended up shooting her sister several times before eventually giving her a nameless grave on the spot, leaving her to be forgotten.

However, there was no warm welcome waiting for her, as during her stay in Iraq, her mother had run away as well, frightened by how heartless her husband had acted. When she returned to her home, she was immediately kicked out again to find her mother and bring her back home, dead or alive. Which she did, though with a few more scars than she had carried with her from killing her sister. She hadn't managed to bring back her mother, but at the same time, she didn't want to anger her father, not after killing once for him. So with the far more painful choice facing her, she had taken the hard route and had ended up killing her mother as well, bringing home nothing but doubt, the doubt that what she was doing was right. When she returned, she had found her father with another woman. Angered by how indifferent, no, happy her father was that she had killed his previous wife, she had ended up spending the remaining two rounds in the handgun killing them both, before running away.

Beyond this point, Audery's life became a turbulent affair. She earned her money through shady jobs, normally returning stolen things by force, smuggling, and on rare occasions murder. She was constantly on the move to avoid her family, so she couldn't stay around in the various places for very long at the time. Eventually however, they did catch up with her and it ended up in a firefight in the outskirts of Atlanta. Vastly outnumbered though more at ease with the elements, Audery just barely lived through the incident, resting back on a lack of doubt and experience. Of course though, the shooting wasn't ignored and eventually, the police showed up and Audery was put into custody, where she came in contact with a retired Russian bomberman named Lawrence. Eventually, she was left unpunished as the shooting from her side was considered as self-defense. Eventually, Lawrence got out of prison as well and she ended up staying with him for a while, not having anywhere else to go and not being allowed to leave the city for three months. He reached on his craft, how he had single-handedly planned and eventually executed the bombing of several large buildings spread across the world. He learned on his tricks and theatrics, in exchange of her presence.

Whenever her forced stay was over, Audery moved from Atlanta again, leaving Lawrence behind as she moved to New York and started working there. She had gotten some connections through Lawrence, so she didn't have a hard time finding work. Eventually, she got hooked up with the Continental and proceeded to commit to her work from there, both helping out the other residents with their murderous needs, and using it as a headquarter while working on all corners of the world.

Skills:
  • Firearms maintenance and utilization
  • Close-quarters combat
  • Explosives craftmanship
  • Hand-to-hand combat
  • ID-crafting (i.e. making fake passports, driver licenses etc.)
  • Safe-cracking

Personality/Motivations: Audery is driven mainly just for the sheer fun of what she does. Any feelings of remorse and guilt for murder etcetera is long gone, and she has gotten to the point where she finds joy in it. However, she views herself as better than a serial killer because she doesn't pick the targets herself, which adds a bit of pride to the picture as well. This reflects heftily to her borderline psychotic acts, as she is undoubtedly reckless. She isn't of the kind that only picks fights already won, she lacks the fear of putting herself in danger, which has made her acts far more aggressive than most would expect.

However, when the bloodlust is held in a leash (namely when it's satisfied), she calms down. She gets into a more passive-aggressive tone, and acts far more professional than when she's on field. Some of the recklessness remains, though overall, she appears as a lot more constructed and calm, as if she lacks much of a drive overall.
    Likes (non sexual): Older cars/motorbikes (Early 60-80s were good years), tropical climates, smoking, rock music of various sub-genres, spicy food
    Dislikes (non-sexual): Easy targets (No fun when the cat kills the mouse right away, right?), Snow, non-criminal company, men/women who can't take care of themselves
    Sexual Preference: Openly bisexual
    Turn Ons : Powerplay, oils, shower-sex, anal (With appropriate pre-play), oral, foreplay, lingerie
    Turn Offs: Pushovers, toilet-play, dirty-talking (Excessively*), consistent sexual roles.

RP Thoughts/Plans:  Little at the moment. Open for all kinds of connections.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

RampantDesires

Nic ... I ... *pokes brain to make it work right* .. Yes.  Holy God yes :) 

So may family killings.  We are a tragic bunch.  Fey is good to go as well. 

Deamonbane

Name: Michelangelo 'Mick' 'Mickey' 'Ghost' Tamm
Title/Status: Assassin for Hire, Killer Savant
Height: Six feet, 2 inches
Weight: 185 pounds
Eyes: Green/Blue depending on the light
Physical Description: When he is alone and has nothing to do, most people would see him as nothing but a slack-jawed idiot. His hair is usually cut short in a military buzz, not quite complementing the rough growth on his jaw. His eyes, when he is active, are sharp and can almost bore right through you. His build is lean and gaunt, corded muscles giving him a lot more strength than one would think at first glance. His hands are calloused, but his fingers soft, and his body touched here and there with scars. He has two tattoos, one on his forearm of an eagle with a trident, anchor and flintlock in it's talons, and one over his right shoulder of a frog's skeleton, as if it were scaling him. Most noticable, however, are three scars, one over his hip, with one in the back to match it from where a metal pole went through him, and over the lower half of his back to his low on the back of his thighs, scars indicative of third degree burns.

Work Clothes

Model = Karl Urban
History:
Michelangelo was born in St. Paul, Minnesota, to a Swedish father and Bosnian Mother. A quick young man, both physically and mentally, it was clear by the time that he was five that he was a whole lot smarter than any of his brothers or sisters, or parents, for that matter. By age five he was bored with school and constantly irritated his teachers by being an insufferable know-it-all. With an IQ north of 120, it was with great disappointment that Mickey showed more interest in aggressive sports like wrestling, boxing and Football than in his studies, frequently dropping classes to be with his teammates. His intelligence was perfectly complemented by his physique, which was impressive, but despite all this, he was far from a genius when it came to human interaction, usually left to himself, quiet and in some corner, reading a book or playing a videogame, until he was needed. By the age of twelve he was a peak physical specimen, with stamina, strength, speed and agility to match just about any of the athletes of his high school. He finished when he was 16.

He was offered scholarships across the country both for his intelligence and his skills in football, mostly as a cornerback. But he denied all of them. Sports were fun, sure, but doing them for a living didn't sound like something he wanted to do. Instead, he joined the US Navy, picked out to be trained by the US Navy SEALS, and among the few that were picked to be awarded the coveted Trident. Despite his youth, his skills in the training camp had him elevated to Chief Petty Officer before he was sent off to the Persian Gulf, where he took part in Operation Preying Mantis as his first sight of 'real' action.

He performed with distinction, and by the end of Operations Desert Shield and Storm, he had been promoted to Master Chief Petty Officer. With experience under his belt, Mick saw himself being deployed across the planet, from southeast Asia to central and South America, Northern Africa and as far north as Afghanistan. In Afghanistan, his team was undergoing an exercise near Talalabad when their helicopter was shot down. Thanks to the low altitude that the helicopter had been flying at, most of Mick's team survived the crash, only to be traped inside the vehicle as it caught fire. Mick was pinned down by a bar that had gone straight through him and was forced to watch and listen as most of his team, brothers in arms and close friends, were burned alive. He was burned severely and was noted as trying to fight off the paramedics that dragged him out of the burning helicopter, crying and insisting that they save his dead teammates first.

Thanks to the severity of his wounds, Tamm was transported back to the United States for medical, and later on psychological treatment. Severe PTSD and survivor's guilt had Mick on near constant suicide watch for two years until he was finally released and given an Honorable discharge. Unlike most men of his skills and experience who quickly found jobs in the private security sector, most of the companies avoided him because of the psychological issues involved, which left Mick seeming like a docile and harmless, antisocial and medicated, vet unless provoked. A few stints with the police in New York involving drug addiction and brawling caught the attention of the mafia, who saw much potential in him, clay to be molded into something far more deadly despite his outward docile and dumb appearance.

He was brought in under the tutelage of one of the high ranking men of the Irish Mafia, who daylighted as a psychiatrist and had an office and practice of his own. Mick agreed to work with him on the condition that he work alone and not be affiliated to anyone but the good doctor. His frst job became famous in the underworld as the Broadway Shot, where he picked off one of the Doctor's competitor's in the Italian mafia from an abandoned apartment 800 yards away with a headshot. The bullet was shattered on impact and the police and criminal investigators alike turned up nothing. Two more similar assassinations earned him his nickname and reputation. He was hard to contact, and murderers for hire didn't exactly put their skills up on Craigslist, so he worked for his first two years in New York recieving money and contracts from the good doctor. It was a good setup, and it would have gone on longer if the good doctor hadn't sold him out to save his own ass when a contract had consequences that he didn't anticipate. Mick felt an unusual feeling of anger over this, and so he infiltrated the doctor's office in the middle of the day and garrotted the man. He had gone in and out without being seen, with camera videos programmed by him to go in a loop for the fifteen minutes that he had needed, and he had only been seen as the local janitor, a man with a heavy Eastern European accent and a large mustache. From there, he moved on without affiliations, just a man that was to be called for touchy and undoable jobs.

Skills:
Marksman: Be it with a handgun, assault rifle or regular rifle, scope or no, he is among the best in the world.
CQC: Complete SEAL training in unarmed and knife combat, more than 10 years of putting it to practice.
Driver: Extensive agressive driving courses, as well as passable knowledge with helicopters and smaller airplanes.
Infil&Exfil: Trained extensively in urban tactics, with a passing knowledge for computers and some acting ability. The fact that he is an expert diver and parachutist make his options more extensive than they would be otherwise.
Explosives: Some knowledge and experience, but it is far from his strong suit, and he avoids them whenever possible.

Personality/Motivations:
His trauma in Afghanistan shattered Tamm, and he is now a shadow of his former self. He is putting himself back together as best he can, however, and he has been known to hold semi-coherent conversations that do not involve a job. He is inredibly intelligent and he loves to read and play chess, but is easily bored with these. He doesn't enjoy killing so much as he enjoys the challenge that keeps his mind away from what happened, and every man enjoys doing something with which he has skill. When he isn't working or semi-coherent, he is silent, glum and aggressive, usually preferring to be left to himself. Some people say that he is two people, one when he is off the job, quiet, brooding, something of a simpleton and a loner, and another when he is working, where he is clean, precise, brilliant and cold. Neither person is much of a talker. He has an obsession with cleanliness, so much so that his 'calling card' is usually leaving any spot that he is in clean and tidy once he has left.

Likes (non sexual):
Reading, Chess, complex puzzles of all kinds. He enjoys planning strikes on various secure locations when too much time passes between jobs. He also enjoys cooking, even if he is not much good at it.

Dislikes (non-sexual):
People being physically close to him, too much noise, himself or his apartment being dirty for more than is absolutely necessary.

Sexual Preference:
Heterosexual/Asexual

Turn Ons :
Player's own.

Turn Offs:
Player's own.

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
Character development, his path from being a broken man to being fixed.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Juggtacular

Name: Omari Kingsley "The King"
Title/Status: Platinum Level Fixer - Freelance
Height: 6'2
Weight: 220lbs
Hair: Black
Physical Description: Omari will never win a record for being the tallest guy in the world, but at 6'2 and weighing a solid, muscular 220lbs...well he's okay with that. He exercises all the time so he's in excellent shape, and he's got strong, handsome features like a powerful jawline and perfect white teeth. His eyes are a sharp shade of hazel and he always makes sure he's groomed well.  Model = Chadwick Boseman

History: Omari's family has been military for a long time, and when he was born, his father was actually on the fast track for making general. His uncle was a lieutenant as well and his mom had been a triage nurse. Even his grandparents had served. All of them expected Omari to follow in the family tradition, and even when he was younger they were preparing him for what they thought he would want(but it was really what they wanted for him). As it turned out, he was a child prodigy, and all of his aptitude tests scored through the roof. He absorbed every lesson with astonishing speed, and ended up finishing high school by the time he was thirteen. On top of that, his family were fond of teaching him things about the Marines where they traditionally served.

How to fight, ROTC for how to act and behave, marksmanship training. The works. He finished college by seventeen with a dual major in economics and business management, as well as a minor in computer programming. Surprisingly, he didn't go out into the workforce though. He joined the Marines and enlisted in the OCS(Officer Candidates School) so he could become commissioned as soon as he enlisted. As a college graduate, he was placed into OCC(Officer Candidates Course). Not only did he pass the grueling 10 week course, he graduated as top candidate and came in first in the Quigley as well, beating the previous record. He was immediately ranked up to 2nd Lt. and shipped off to TBS(The Basic School) at Quantico for six months. When he finished TBS, he was given his first command and shipped out to active duty.

You'd think an eighteen year old genius in the military would fold under the pressure of leading men in actual combat. Quite the opposite. Omari was a natural and his unit began racking up success after success in short order due to his leadership and his men's abilities as well as the instincts of the unit overall. He was promoted to 1st Lt. in under a year, and shortly after that he just disappeared. His record stopped at his promotion and the last mission he has on record is recovering a VIP from North Korea after his plane was shot down. The truth is that his outstanding service record in such a short amount of time drew the attention of his superiors. He was invited to join an elite multi-team task force charged with doing missions that would be disavowed if they were discovered, and working for an agency that didn't officially exist.

Hell, if your pay grade wasn't high enough, "Project Black Box" wasn't even a name you were allowed to overhear. He did wetworks missions all across the globe with soldiers from pretty much every military imaginable, all to protect the world from evils it couldn't be allowed to find out about. People think terrorists are bad, but they never heard about the West African despot who had fourteen nukes and would have launched them if he hadn't been put down. Omari and his guys were the people who stopped men like that on a daily basis. Things were going well for a few years, but one mission in the Ukraine went south because their intel got leaked. His entire squad was captured and tortured.

He was the only survivor at the end, and he managed to escape by faking his own death with a cocktail he threw together from the few materials they allowed him to have during his imprisonment. His heart slowed to a near standstill for four hours, and when he woke up he was in a big hole filled with bodies. He had to claw his way out, seeing the cold, dead eyes of the men he'd called brother for years. When he was finally out, he decided he was done with the military life. He was considered KIA anyway, so it's not like anyone would come looking for him. At times like this, being a genius came in real handy and he hacked a few computers to get him back to the states.

Once home he changed around all his records and started a new life for himself. He offered his services as a 'Fixer'. Not just an assassin, not just a bodyguard, a Fixer. If you had a problem, he would fix it, regardless of what it was. His prices were reasonable(relatively speaking) and his work spoke for itself. It was no surprise that Omari quickly became a well known name in this particular branch of business. It wasn't long before he received an invitation to the Continental and was paid handsomely for a 'test'. With three guns pointed at the back of his head, he was given full access to the computer systems of the hotel. If he did anything funny, he'd be killed on the spot. His test was to analyze the system, find any weaknesses and fix them. Basically overhaul the whole thing and make it better. It took him quite a while. Almost eighteen hours, which was a damn long time for him. He did it though and after proving everything was on the up and up, he collected his pay and started holding a permanent room at the Continental.

Skills:

• Military Tactics
  • Experienced Leader
  • Elite Hacker
  • All Forms of Combat
  • Genius Level IQ
Personality/Motivations: Omari's motivation? Well he's got the talent and the skill. Why not do what he's good at and enjoy overcoming the challenges that life brings? The money's great, but he's not in it for that. If he was he could just hack a bank or offshore account and no one would ever know it was him. No, he does it for the thrill his high risk, high reward lifestyle brings him.

Omari is a well put together person surprisingly, despite all the death he's caused and all the trauma he's been experienced to. He's kind, polite, witty, and quick with a joke. He also doesn't see the point in correcting people about small things or pointing out how smart he is. It's that sort of mentality he can't stand in other people, and he's not a hypocrite so he doesn't exercise it. Due to leading dozens of men in the military, he's used to command and is sort of a take charge guy, but he'll dial it back if people aren't with it.
Likes (non sexual): Cooking, Music, Art, Reading, Exercise, Sports, a good hack, cars, Pretty much anything a young man would like
Dislikes (non-sexual): Bugs, snakes, arrogant people, people who don't listen, elitists, people who go back on their word
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Turn Ons : Oral, Anal, Foreplay, Seduction, Rough Sex, Public Sex, Vanilla
Turn Offs: Scat, Watersports, Gore, Vore, etc...

RP Thoughts/Plans:  He's still young and out to "prove himself", so he'll be looking for opportunities to do so. He's open for plenty of interaction as well. Just pm me with any ideas.

Nico

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 12, 2015, 12:37:20 PM
Nic ... I ... *pokes brain to make it work right* .. Yes.  Holy God yes :) 

So may family killings.  We are a tragic bunch.  Fey is good to go as well.
I am glad you approve.:-)

Swordsman18

Name: Killian Trion
Title/Status: Killer for Hire, Enforcer for Hotel
Height: 6ft 4in
Weight: 182
Physical Description: Model = Michael Jai White
History:
Killian was born in a bad part of New York, learning about gang life from when he could barely walk. Both of his parents worked long hours to allow him to go to school and get an education. Yet still, he ended up getting jumped into a gang at 13. For a long time, all he did for them was transport things and occasionally rough up some rival gang members. But his cousin, who happened to be in a leadership position in the gang did not see it fit to make him live up to the Killer nickname he had been given. Instead, he felt Killian needed to learn how much of a family his fellows were before he ultimately needed to kill for them. Killian grew to see his gang as his family after he felt abandoned by his parents.

Yet, when he finally did kill for the gang at 16, he got caught for stealing just a few blocks away. Killian had a slight record but nothing of such an extreme. The police asked him to rat out his gang, but he refused. Juvenile hall was his home for two years released back onto the streets that had put him there. After getting no support from his gang and his parents having been there for him through the whole ordeal, he knew bad choices were made. At the recommendation from his father, he entered into the Army.

The Army is no real easy place, nor was it supposed to be.  Killian before he went into the Army had not been the most disciplined person, yet through it he learned to be a better more disciplined man. Eventually, he got dropped into combat where he found it much easier to kill for not just his brothers in arms, but his country. Yet, it left a sour taste in his mouth. Killian never paid for the life he took for the gang. To think he put someone down who did not deserve it. Those he killed fought with the intent to kill him, yet she never really saw it coming until the moment the trigger got pulled. Killing never became pleasurable for him. It became something he did to keep people safe. To protect people like the one he killed in cold blood.

After a decade of war, his heart became hardened his mind every more sharp than when he became a Ranger. Now he lead his own squad, tracking down and eliminating the country's issues before they became crises. He developed a bit of a reputation for his kills. When he finally retired, he settled down in the streets of New York. In the neighborhood in which he returned, he found his old gang was out of control. People were afraid for their lives. Police were doing nothing. So Killian had to stand up to them. Over the course of several months, he shot down, stabbed. strangled or tortured his way up the gang ladder. Ultimately, he ended their reign of terror with a bullet to head to the gang's leader. A contractor who had been given the gang's leader contract made a note of his skills and told him about the business of killing. This was his first contract which he split with the person originally intended to take it.

Some real good could be done by using skills he acquired in the military. Also staying in the mindset of combat and war, kept some of the horrors of war at bay. So for his own sanity and his perceived moral code, he went on killing earning a reputation in the local area all the way up to the Continental Hotel. A place he stayed at during a few of his contracts. Over time, he was eventually offered a position there as an enforcer, and that it where he is today.

Skills:
Training in CQC by the Army
Proficiencies in Handguns and Rifles
Understanding of Military Strategy and Planning on a basic level

Personality/Motivations:
Killain is motivated by feeling like he is bringing some good into the world. If it just so happens to be one bullet at a time then so be it. He has seen the darkness of war and does not want other people to experience it either. A strong sense of duty and justice has been bred into him because of this. So if he needs to commit the ultimate act of evil to solve an issue then it is the evil he must act in the world in order to foster some kind of good.

Likes (non sexual):
Loyalty, Honesty, Hard Working People, Home Cooked Meals, Fellow Soldiers
Dislikes (non-sexual): Dishonesty, Betrayal, Arrogance, TV Dinners
Sexual Preference: Heterosexual
Turn Ons : Same as player's
Turn Offs:  Same a player's

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
He is going to be a kind of guardian for the hotel, doing his best to be sure the rules of the hotel are minded. And if there are younger assassin that need assistance then he would be more than willing to help them out on their contracts outside of the hotel.

xPeachyPuff

So many awesome looking characters. I am still working on my sheet, but hopefully she'll be up soon.

- Rainbow ♥

RampantDesires

So with each new character sheet if feels like we're suffering from a bit of power creep and I'm going to ramble for a bit.  Please keep in mind that this isn't me trying to pick on anyone.  I just want everyone to be on the same page and to start writing a story that we're all going to enjoy.

Making a character for a group game is much different from making one for a 1v1.  When you're just writing with another person all the bases are covered by either you, your partner, or any NPCs you might happen to throw in (but lets face it, writing main characters tends to be more fun in the long run).  Group games tend to be about finding your niche.  What are the few things that your character shines at which would cause others to seek them out, and conversely what are your character's weaknesses which force them to work with others to achieve a goal. 

I'm not going to try and argue that we're trying to make realistic characters here.  While it's set in the modern world it isn't the real world, it is a hyper focused criminal shadowy world.  By all means bend some history and make something that you're excited to play.  The problem comes when we transition from bending to broken.  No one likes broken. 

It takes some time to master a skill let alone become world class at them.  Natural talent only gives you so much of a boost.  We're talking years upon years here of devoting yourself to that thing.  Your level of aptitude at something should be inversely proportional to the number of other things you've been studying.  Jack or Jill of all Trades? Sure, you've picked up bits and pieces of everything along the road, but the end of that line is Master of None.  It makes you good at working solo, keeping your MO unpredictable, and lets you kind of round out a team so that you can fill in spots as needed, but you know what? All those things you can do? You're probably going to meet someone in the game who is better at one of those things. 

And that is a GOOD thing.  That's what makes it fun writing in a group. 

So I think that's my rant.  It is just kind of a general cautionary tale and something to keep in mind going forward. 

la dame en noir

@RampantDesires: Thank you for that! I needed some sort of leeway on how to start my character. She's just a dancer - probably around her early 20s, but I didn't want her to seem generic. Now I have the fuel to come up with something interesting! And I've never made an urban character before, so this will be fun.
A&A | FxF |

CurvyKitten

Totally agree Rampant, I really took a hard look at my girls skills. And made her older for a reason, and have faults or areas needing improving already in mind. It takes balance, flaws-skills, and if you start already knowing it all where does your character have room to grow?

I'm actually thinking of changing it up a bit, since we have so many expert drivers I may drop or exchange that for something else. If editing that is ok? Have to think on what may fit her though if I did....TO the action movie archive! LOLZ

Lumasan

I think I'm going to tweak a few things about my character to make it more believable, and add some reasoning. Or at least fears. I kept thinking of stuff I should have written down while I was writing last night... I was too tired to function after I posted so I missed some things I wanted to touch base on.

1SAZ

Currently working on my character, and have a few ideas buzzing through my head. No matter where it goes, I think it should be a fun character.

ElvenKitten

Name: Felicia Edison
Title/Status: Cleaner
Height: 5’7
Weight: 147
Hair: Brunette
Eyes: Green
Physical Description: Many of her clients describe her as looking like someones kid sister and she likes to play on that by dressing the part. She will usually be found in long floral dresses.She has a single tattoo of a butterfly on her shoulder.   
Model = Elizabeth Olsen
History: Felicia grew up in small farming community and was always shy and quiet. Her father was a funeral director and her mother was a medical examiner and she very quickly became comfortable around dead bodies. She went off to New York to study forensics and was top of her class. She found herself in a relationship during her senior yea with a freshman girl who turned out to be the Deans daughter. She was caught in bed with the girl and later expelled for cheating, the evidence was obviously planted.

Afraid to face her parents she tried to get by in the city and eventually had to get a job in a strip club.She worked the bar and was starting to suspect the place had ties to organised crime. One night she was there after closing when her manager came to her asking for help. She was led up to one of the VIP lounges where a man had stabbed and killed. She immediately took charge of the situation and helped dispose of the body and any evidence of a crime.She was paid a large sum of money and asked if she were interested in any more work like that. She jumped at the chance and quickly formed a business disguised as a cleaning service.

She made contact with her parents again and told them about being expelled from college and starting up her own business, it being easier to give bad news if it’s followed by good. She of course hasn’t told her parents what she really does and it’s unlikely she ever will. She is completely impartial and protected by the mountain of evidence she has of the murders she cleaned up.

Skills: Forensics, disposal of evidence, connections, intelligent, some medical training, efficient.
Personality/Motivations: Felicia is outwardly friendly and cheerful but that tends to be part of the act. She finds her clients tend to be more at ease when she plays the part they gave her and actually enjoys it. She is actually very cold and calculating, usually thinking of her clients as bumbling fools who thoughtlessly make things messy. If someone interrupts or impairs her work she will let the mask slip just long enough to let that person know what she really thinks about them.
Likes (non sexual): Classic rock, independent cinema, ironically viewing episodes of CSI. fine cuisine, pizza, coffee ice cream. Rose wine.
Dislikes (non-sexual): Pop music, stupid people, being interrupted, not being listened to,
Sexual Preference: Bisexual
Turn Ons : younger women, older men, shower sex, light bondage, rough play.
Turn Offs: Excessive pain, blood, bathroom stuff, humiliation

RP Thoughts/Plans:  I see her mostly relaxing at the bar a lot after a cleaning jobs etc.

RedEve

Is this still recruiting?
I would like to join as a contract killer who is in town for several weeks to carry out a large contract that involves several marks in different locations.
She would stay at the Continental for the duration of her assignment.
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

RampantDesires

So most of you have found it already but after your character's approved please feel free to post them HERE in the Info thread.  Please feel free to make tweaks to your character sheet after posting, but if it's going to be a major change a heads up would be appreciated.

I've got some PMs to send/reply to and what not but we're on track to IC threads going up this evening (nothing sucks more than having a character you're excited to play and having to wait!).

Elven Kitten, your cleaner looks good.  You'll be one of the PMs I send though as I have an idea for a related character.

RedEve we are always recruiting and your character concept sounds like it would fit right in.  I look forward to seeing what you come up with. 

Mister Grimm

You had me at modern mob/hitman. Working on a character right now, but compared to the others he is like... the hitman you'd call if you were desperate.

Work In Progress
Name: Alexander Sovari [Previous surname unknown]
Title/Status:
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 lbs
Hair: Dirty Blonde
Physical Description: Model = Tristan Burnett
History:
WIP

Skills: Pretty good with a gun. Excellent driver (in his own opinion). Passable actor and slightly skilled at making disguises. Pretty capable if things get physical assuming its one-on-one, but would probably have trouble if there was more than three. Makes the fucking best spaghetti sauce in all of New York (in his own opinion again).
Personality/Motivations:
Likes (non sexual):
Dislikes (non-sexual):
Sexual Preference:
Turn Ons :
Turn Offs:

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Loves

I take it Sadie will be seeing him a lot in the medical room

-giggles-

ON HIATUS AGAIN

Aiden

Submitting for review!

Name: Julio "El Diablo" Reyes Cesar "El Juez/The Judge" Lobos
Title/Status: Judge, Jury and Executioner
Height: 6'2
Weight: 185
Eyes: Silver
Physical Description: Model = Rafael Amaya
History:
The Reyes family is practically royalty in the criminal underworld. The Reyes were one of the first families to establish the Gulf Cartel, the first Drug cartel to come out of Mexico. Over the years the Gulf Cartel lost influence and territory, but that hasn't stopped the Reyes Family. Some of them have found themselves working for their various allies or other rival cartels, it is just a name after all. There is no true family loyalty in a world that money, power and respect, trumps everything else.

Julio Reyes is one of the few born to excel in this world. There was no traumatizing event or dire need for power, the boy simply grew up in this world and fended well for himself in a world of wolves. Like any bottom member, he worked his way up the chain as a soldier and working his way up to a Sicario (Assassin). It was during this time he formed a passion for weapons. Julio branched out on his own and began to deal weapons in Mexico and across the border from time to time. He established contacts in other countries that would deal with him and set up weapon trades on top of keeping an ear close to all the up and coming weapon tech in the world.

He dealt with the various cartels of Mexico, sometimes even double dealing until the Zetas caught on. The leaders of the cartel sent out assassins to get him, forcing him to send them back their hunters one piece at a time. Julio was forced out of Mexico and a hit remains on his head, but very few are foolish enough to take on the job. (Locally in Mexico, if you are not familiar within the inner working of the cartels in Mexico, you would not be aware of such a long standing greenlight). Years have passed, El Diablo has been forgotten but rumors are spreading about a guy who looks a lot like him working at the The Continental Hotel with the same Santa Muerte Tattoo has surfaced in the last few years.

Skills:
Arms Dealer - Want a glock, uzi or Ak? Go to the corner gangs, don't bother Cesar with that shit. You want some real firepower, make an appointment. No matter how desperate you are, do not attempt to talk business with him while in the hotel or he is on duty.

Sicario - What is the difference between a Sicario and Assassin? Sicarios are brutal AND efficient. They make their point and leave a message for the next person who dares cross whoever hired them. Cesar earned the nickname "El Diablo" when he was active, his reputation precedes him and still follows him years after he went "inactive".  Most of their wet work is done up close and personal, machetes, saws, drills and other means of torture, but he is not afraid to do it from a distance.

Well-Connected - Cesar is well connected within the Criminal Underworld, mostly when dealing with weapons and drugs. He is not allowed to return to Mexico, but he can put you in contact with someone if you are looking for a shipment from anything south of the border (into South American). Weapons is another field of expertise, mostly heavy tech which will send you back a couple coins (or cash).

Dancing - He likes to dance, have it a problem with it?

Cooking - Sometimes you want something home cooked.

Singing - Cesar has been spotted singing around town, usually a very small restaurant where he gets on stage and serenades the ladies like one of his idols.
Yes, he wears the full Charro Suit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq70h9XBj_0
If anyone wants to work something IC, that they see him perform one night, he might flat out deny it being him.

Rancher - He knows his way around a ranch and horses, but that doesn't come up in New York City

Personality/Motivations:

"Enjoy life today, you are not guaranteed tomorrow" - Remains his philosophy on life. Working for the cartels does did not allow options for retirement. It is a cruel and violent world, with everyone looking to climb to the top no matter who they kill or crawl over. He has been described a borderline hedonist and bastard at the same time. Cesar loves to crack jokes and has a keen wit. Being careful around him is wise, because once he sinks his fangs in you, he will not stop. He is sarcastic, playful and a complete rake in his off time when he worked for the cartels.

He is still very much the same, but he has matured significantly in his 30's. Like wine he is aging well, still playful and fun when needed and serious. His eyes shine with mirth and malice within the blink of an eye if pushed. When at work, if he is approaching you, it is because you are doing something wrong and you are fucked. Otherwise he stays out of people's way, keeping watch on them and making sure they follow the rules of the management or end up a part of the next building in the New York Skyline. He is amicable with staff and those who he deems friends, but do not assume you gain extra privileges or he will overlook an infraction for you.

Cesar has no tangible motivation, he can find joy in anything as long as it hooks his interest long enough. A quick but passionate affair, a new club, a book or even a binge marathon on the television. He is unpredictable, open to indulging in the world and its many vices. 

Likes (non sexual): Horses, Ranches, Hard Liquors, Crafted Beers, Cigars, Guns, Random Netflix binges, Pizza, Fast Cars, Music - Mostly older, Frank Sinatra, Vincent Fernandez, nothing current,Dancing - Latin styles, Boots made of exotic leathers, Hand tailored suits.
Dislikes (non-sexual): Light beers, People trying to kill him (it gets annoying), ill fitted clothing, those tags on a bed that says not to remove them, "Vapers", "Green People", Hippies, Hipsters, Emos and just about every other sub culture that finds it easier to whine then do something about their issues.
Sexual Preference: Hetrosexual
Turn Ons : Sex is fun, if you do something he doesn't like, he will tell/stop you. Knows what he wants and takes it (within limits and respecting opposite writers own likes/dislikes).
Turn Offs: Scat, Vore

RP Thoughts/Plans:  Open for ideas and plots. Being the Head of Security, I can see a lot of people either hate or love him, many dislikes as he is brutal when it comes to enforcing the laws of the hotel and is not swayed by bribes or promises. Some joke he kills more than the actual hitmen visitors, lots of stupid kids learning that harsh truths of the criminal underworld far too late before their corpses are made part of a building's foundation in NYC.

xPeachyPuff

Just finished up my character. Was having a few issues with it so I sent if over to our lovely GM to see if what I was going for was the right idea. She's approved her so I've just posted her straight into the appropriate thread.

- Rainbow ♥

RampantDesires

Huzzah Mister Grimm!  I look forward to seeing Alexander's finished sheet.  He seems.... highly entertaining :)

Aiden, Cesar is good to go as well.

Rampant's To Do List for Tonight

• Active Character Roster
  • Flesh out Management Section and move over game info
  • Put up IC threads and descriptions

I'll do my best but the husband and I are going out to see a movie later and I do work early in the morning. 

Aiden

Muhaha, are you dragging him to see 50 shades of Grey?
Admit it!

RampantDesires

My vote was Kingsman, but he pointed out that Jupiter Ascending might not be in the theater for much longer and we could go see both :D

Also while looking up movie times I discovered that states in the south are selling 4x as many 50 Shades tickets as expected...

My first thought was, you go Mississippi, finally number one at something!

Bibliophilia

Wow...so many jokes that are totally inappropriate and offensive.  -bites tongue.-

Aiden

Deamonbane

Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

Loves

Name: Bianca Francesca Marie Astorino

Title/Status: Spoiled Mafia Princess, and member of the Astorino family ( 'Ndrangheta - Calabrian mafia branch of NYC) . She has a “job” at her brothers restaurant as a hostess

Height: 5’6”

Weight: 125 lbs (35-26-35)

Hair: Rich Dark Chocolate, the exact colour of espresso, it falls well past her shoulders, in thick layers reaching her lower back. She keeps it stylish at all times, running from elegant updos, sleek straight styles, to playful curls that fall in riots around her shoulders.

Eyes: Her eyes are incredibly expressive, often giving away her secrets for those lucky enough to be able to read them. The more strongly she feels, be it anger, passion, or sympathy, the darker they become, highlighted with sparkling golden flecks.

Physical Description: Model = Penelope Cruz

History: Bianca was born in Calabria/Italy, as second youngest of five children to Angelo and Donatella Astorino. All of her brothers and sisters, as well as herself were sent to good catholic private schools, to make sure they had the best education money could buy. Her father, and various other family members are involved in the 'Family business' and so Bianca was never worried about her future. No matter she knew she would be taken care of by the family.

The Astorino family immigrated to the United States in 2010, when Bianca was still a teenager. Her father was invited by a cousin, to run some businesses (restaurants) with him and help him with other family business, and he agreed, taking his wife and the five children with him. At first Bianca was devastated with the change to her entitled life. Being the youngest girl, Bianca was, and still is spoiled by her mother. She is the “Princess” of the family and wears her crown well. Feeling guilty that Bianca had been uprooted from her friends, Donatella went out of her way to make sure her baby daughter had everything her heart desired.

Being new in school was not as traumatic as Bianca had let on, after all she had a very sexy Italian accent to go with her shapely legs and pretty face. It wasn’t exactly hard to gain attention. In fact, Bianca found that she very much enjoyed the attention showered upon her, both at home and at school, deciding there and then that she would milk this for all that she could get.

Not having to work for anything comes with a price however. Bianca soon became more interested in her daily facials, massages and manicures than she did her homework. However, the school saw fit to pass her through without so much as a slap on the hand for all the missed projects and absences. However, after graduation Bianca decided that she wasn’t interested in college, and so she was set up in a luxury suite at the hotel and given a position as a hostess in one of Vinnie’s restaurants, where she spends most of her time talking with friends and flirting with the men she finds attractive.

You would think that having such an easy life that Bianca would be happy. But alas, the truth of the matter is that she is not.  The more she gets her way, the more Bianca wants to push the envelope, flocking towards danger and men that should be avoided, like a moth to a flame.

Skills: High School graduate, amazing texting speed :P handy with a handgun (she was taught to shoot a gun at an early age) flirting, and other talents best experienced without clothing. She does have people skills, her natural instincts and common sense are sharp, allowing her to learn life lessons well. Bianca is far from a naive, stupid young woman.

Personality/Motivations: Best described as voluptuous, Bianca embodies the word sensual. Her body flows elegantly, causing even the simplest of movements to seem like a dance. Her smile, that can at times be quite genuine in its pleasure, and rarely anything less than radiant, can also be well hidden from view and replaced with a warning snarl when provoked.

Driven/stubborn: Bianca grabs onto an idea, no matter how foolish,  and like a dog with a bone, refuses to give up on it until it is beaten dead, or seen through to a victorious ending (or rather a new beginning)

Adventurous: There is very little that will hold her back when offered a chance of seeing beyond the world in which she she was born to. Bianca loves to travel and shop, though she holds a secret love for photography, and will visit galleries as often as she can, all over the world. 

Loyal: Her trust is not given easily (not unless you are a member of her family) but should you win it, there is nothing she would not do in order to help.

Feisty: Bianca has a strong will and a need to do things on her own (whether it is to make a point or whether it is because she is simply as stubborn as a mule is still debatable). However, she does not take kindly to anyone thinking she is at a disadvantage simply because she is a “female”.  She may be small, but that doesn’t mean she can’t fight (and she does not hesitate to fight dirty if need be).

Passionate:  Her Italian blood simmers in her veins, making her quick to lose her temper. However there is another side to her passion that has can be released with the right man. She is far from shy, and enjoys teasing and flirting, willing to do pretty much anything if it will get her what she wants. Though if frustrated her passion will find other ways to be released (mainly her temper).

Life has been pretty good to Bianca. She gets whatever she wants when it comes to material goods, without having to work too hard for anything.  She was born a princess, raised a princess, and enjoys acting the part as the Princess of the Astorino family.

Likes (non sexual): Getting her own way. Shopping for clothes and shoes (mostly shoes). Gossiping with her girlfriends, looking down her nose at those she does not deem important. Her brother Vinnie (whom she adores more than any other person in her family). Getting revenge.

Dislikes (non-sexual): Being told no. The great unwashed begging for money or food. People assuming that she is stupid.

Sexual Preference: Heteral Sexual

Turn Ons : Romance, being spoiled, dancing, morning sex, strong willed men, rough sex, danger and adventure! 

Turn Offs: Men easily whipped! Cheaters, liars and…those that think they can steal from her family.

*see writers ons and offs for more details.

RP Thoughts/Plans: I am looking to have Bianca learn a few life lessons, and possibly growing and maturing over the game. I have hopes that she will return to school at some point and put her smarts to work for her in a more positive environment. I would love for her to have a girlfriend that is into partying as much as she is, someone she can get into trouble with. I am open to all kinds of connections, friendships, enemies, lovers… Looking forward to writing with you all.

ON HIATUS AGAIN

CurvyKitten

Did we at one point say other profession types may be allowed like thieves?

RampantDesires

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 15, 2015, 03:07:08 PM
Did we at one point say other profession types may be allowed like thieves?

Yepper

Also, my apologies for getting zero things done yesterday.  Whenever I say I'm going to get things done on a holiday weekend just smack me and remind me it is just not going to happen.  Today is a little less crazy.  Between tonight and tomorrow morning you'll see actual thread descriptions and what not go in (real game information?!?! shocking I know). 

Juggtacular

Loves

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 15, 2015, 03:31:22 PM
Yepper

Also, my apologies for getting zero things done yesterday.  Whenever I say I'm going to get things done on a holiday weekend just smack me and remind me it is just not going to happen.  Today is a little less crazy.  Between tonight and tomorrow morning you'll see actual thread descriptions and what not go in (real game information?!?! shocking I know).

and maybe an approval for Bianca? *flutters eyelashes and puts on her best, and sweetest smile*
ON HIATUS AGAIN

RampantDesires

I haves a few sheets to look over sadly *beats her head on desk* There's like four of you pending approval as of now.  Bad Rampant. Feel free to discuss connections and what not still.  I just want to make sure an easily avoidable flub up like the one from yesterday doesn't happen again :P

Loves

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 15, 2015, 03:38:02 PM
I haves a few sheets to look over sadly *beats her head on desk* There's like four of you pending approval as of now.  Bad Rampant. Feel free to discuss connections and what not still.  I just want to make sure an easily avoidable flub up like the one from yesterday doesn't happen again :P

No worries Rampant, I will be happy to wait while you do your GM thang  ;) 
*hugs*

ON HIATUS AGAIN

CurvyKitten

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 15, 2015, 03:31:22 PM
Yepper

Awesome because I had an idea brewing over the weekend.

And no worries I didn't even log on all weekend. But it was a very needed break after some long weeks. hehe So take you time RL comes first we know :)

la dame en noir

WIP
Name: Scarlet Wynter Hennley
Title/Status: The Vindictive Dancer
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 130 lbs
Physical Description: Model = Ebonee Davis
History:

Skills:
Personality/Motivations:
Likes (non sexual):
Dislikes (non-sexual):
Sexual Preference:
Turn Ons :
Turn Offs:

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
A&A | FxF |

CurvyKitten

Name: Sophie Elisabeth Parker
Title/Status: Thief, escape artist, forger, and has yet to earn her uber cool nick name...which still highly disappoints her :(
Height:  5' 3"
Weight: 126 pounds
Hair: Red
Physical Description: Voluptuous, Curvaceous or as she loves the word Buxom! A curvy red head with an unusual attitude and energy that only seems to add to her attractive appeal. Her hair falls down to mid back at it's longest, and her pale skin remains almost perfectly unmarked. There is a scar on her right leg just above the knee. She has what looks like a scar from a through and through bullet wound just above her right breast, the matching wound on her upper back.
Model = Isla Fisher
Sophie

History:
Sophie doesn't know much about her mother, as the woman left her father just a few years after she was born. Apparently the family lifestyle was not what she was expecting anymore. In all honesty Sophie doesn't really know what caused the split. But her father and brother never let her feel unloved because of it. The unconventional family worked as one well managed unit. All be it a strange one considering their father raised them in the only way he knew how.

Sophie grew up as part of their little three man crew (occasion they were cameos of other when needed). Her brother 5 years her elder was normally given the more dangerous bits. Both men were always very protective of Sophie, even when they would stay in what seemed a safe place. The Continental Hotel was common place in their lives. The young children though out of place almost seemed to grow up there. Their father had apparently done a few favors for the upper management and gotten himself a safe place to keep himself and his kids in return.

For years they lived like this, growing and learning from not only their father but other friends from the hotel as well. Sophie of course stayed away from anything to do with contract killing as it was not her cup of tea. No she lived more for the challenge of the heist or con. In those tense moments she always thrived. Sadly her brother did not seem to take the same interest and saw opportunity in another more violent career path.

And at the age of 14 Sophie had a sad and utterly shocking realization about what this world was really like. Her brother took a job that he thought he could easily handle. But something went horribly wrong, someone betrayed him and word soon returned that he was missing. Her father of course went to find him, Sophie begged to go saying she could help, but he told her to stay behind. Only problem was Sophie didn't listen.

Sneaking along with her father Sophie soon found herself in a world of chaos and pain. The memory of that night is still only bits and pieces. In the end all Sophie remembers is waking up back at the hotel hooked up to machines being sought to by their doctor, and being told her father and brother were gone. It had been a miracle she had survived, her heart being a bit out of place had caused the bullet to miss it, though it still caused a great deal of damage she would take nearly a year to heal from.

Since then Sophie has lived at the hotel, the final favor called in by her father before he left. If anything happened to him Sophie would be seen to and kept safe till she was old enough to make her own choices. Once she was old enough she could leave this life behind or find her place, either way she would always have a safe haven within the hotel.

Skills:

Photographic memory, a gift she was born with that greatly aids her in all she does.

Gifted Thief- she has learned several skills that aid her in her work,  forging (mainly paintings or drawings, paperwork , id's) safe cracking, observation, deft at security circumvention and picking both locks and pockets.

She's a formidable opponent in hand-to-hand combat due to her excellent upper body strength and acrobatics. (not a master at combat but she has clearly been trained)

She displays a very high level of spatial intelligence that appears to aid her in everything from thieving, to drawing, to maneuvering vehicles at high speeds. 

Personality/Motivations:
Sophia is an interesting and complex individual. Some think her crazy, others brilliant, they are both probably right. She seems to always be testing her skills, and instinctively cases any building she sees. She also has the skills to make herself appear and disappear from locked as if it were magic (nope just plain skill). As a thief Sophia uses a mix of old school and new school when it comes to tackling any job. But most of her equipment is hand made or customized in some fashion.

She tends to have a soft spot for kids, and has been known to go out of her way to help one. As such she hates bullies or anyone that picks on children. Socially Sophie seems to be unpredictable; one may never know how she will react. Will she remain calm and graceful, or will something hit a strange sore spot with her and have her react on gut instinct. This has led to a few rather interesting moments, some less pleasant than others.

She can at times act like a big kid, her childhood being fast and strange and the loss of her brother and mentor have led to trying to hold onto the past more than most. But when it comes to work, though her methods may be strange she always gets the job done.

Trust does not come easy for her due to her past, but when close to you Sophie is loyal to a fault and does not take kindly to someone she cares for getting hurt. In turn Sophie has a fear of letting those she cares about down as well. Failing to be there when they need it or lose them due to a mistake on her part. Sophie also lives by her own honor code. She will not kill anyone, but that doesn’t mean she plays nice. So don’t be surprised if you end up on her shit list…broke…your things stolen, and your secrets used against you. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned…especially if she is a thief.

Likes (non sexual): Sweets (loves lollipops and gummy worms and of course chocolate what girl doesn't?), CASH, jewels, a challenge, adrenalin rushes, heights, speed, cereal, music, the color green, kids (she has a soft spot for them),
Dislikes (non-sexual): bullies, killing anyone (she refuses to do it), people that hurt kids, People who are asses just because they have money(though they make the best all be it the easiest marks), cooking (she is a HORRIBLE cook, you've been warned)
Sexual Preference: Kind of unknown she seems to go which ever way she feels like at the time (Bi)
Turn Ons : Good Kissing, touching, licking, bondage, spanking, passion in general. She has had fantasies about the dom/sub lifestyle but has never experienced them, kinkiness (lets face it she isn't really afraid to almost anything once), the outdoors, exhibitionism,
Turn Offs: bad kissers seriously a girl should not be think is he gay or eww I'm going to be sick, bathroom play, someone trying to permanently scar her she likes her body the way it is, dirty smelly partners, humiliation, Wusses, feet, sadist, being forced

RP Thoughts/Plans: 
SHENANIGANS! Wait no....is that against the rules? <,<...>.> Mostly she is made to have a bit of fun, possibly face the man that killed her brother and mentor. Maybe grow up a bit, expand on her skills is always there. I'm open to seeing where her story goes and any sort of links she may get!

Deamonbane

Very nice Character, and Isla Fisher... very nice choice.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Deamonbane on February 16, 2015, 08:09:22 PM
Very nice Character, and Isla Fisher... very nice choice.

Thank you! I think she is going to be fun to play, I hope everyone else likes her as well :)

RampantDesires

Alright, Rampant focuses for a few minutes and gets stuff done!

Character Approvals
Bane's Mick, we already discussed this but you're good to go now :)
Juggtacular's Omari, as per the PM discussion and pending a few small edits approved!
Swords' Killian, awaiting some discussion with Cerigo to nail down some history/current placement points.
Loves' Bianca, PM discussion, but essentially approved!
Curvy's Sophie, approved.

Partial sheets
Mister Grimm
la dame en noir

Interest from
Cerigo (he's working on both a Management guy and a killer type)
1SAZ (general interest)
DarkAngel111 (general interest)

I think that's everyone, if I've missed you on the list, if you're waiting on a PM from me regarding your character (not connections or plot stuff, just approval at this point because I KNOW I'm behind on the other stuff  :'( ) then please resend.

Thanks!

Loves

Rampant,  I have made the adjustment that we talked about and sent you her sheet to you in PM
ON HIATUS AGAIN

KieraJade

Very, very interested!!

Especially in this position:
A Personal Shopper (someone who knows how to find pretty much anything you need).

Might be a little late to this party though....
#prismbreaker
"I am not a committee!"

Lynnette

Quote from: KieraJade on February 19, 2015, 06:10:53 PM
Very, very interested!!

Especially in this position:
A Personal Shopper (someone who knows how to find pretty much anything you need).

Might be a little late to this party though....

Actually, your timing might be spot on, if I'm not being a complete idiot messing up everything, I believe our previous shopper had to leave yesterday since she didn't have time. I might be messing things up entirely though, but I am fairly sure I should be correct on this matter.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

RampantDesires

Nothing wrong with being fashionably late :)  (not that anyone is ever late having new players and characters is always a good thing!)

That position actually reopened up.  I'm still waiting to hear back from bibliophilia who recently withdrew from the game as to what to do with her character, BUT that being said we do very much need a new one  and I'd love to hear what you have in mind.

RampantDesires

Name: Tamara Zakharov
Title/Status: Management
Height: 5'10"
Weight: People have been shot for asking less insulting questions...
Hair: Dark Brown, starting to gray but carefully colored with ever changing highlights
Physical Description: Model = Katey Sagal
Though in her fifties Tamara takes meticulous care of her body and has a clothing budget that would make most women weep with joy.  Good genes and a good tailor have helped her combat the effects what started off as a rather rough life.
History:
You can make prostitution illegal, but you can’t make it unpopular.
~Martin Behrman~

Though no longer legal for a woman to own a brothel in Russia there is significant history and precedent for the practice.  It might seem like an odd aspiration for a girl to have, but for Tamara who had essentially grown up in the life it was all she ever really wanted to do.   Being born during the Cold War in the Soviet Union she did not really have time to worry over political issues, who would win the moon race, or the economic struggles faced by the country.  For Tamara those early years were a simple matter of survival and she blatantly refuses to talk about them.  Many of the scars she has come from those early years including three badly broken fingers on her left hand which have not healed straight and the initials MV which were carved into her lower stomach.   

For all intents and purposes her life may as well have started when she was nineteen and a combination of cunning and being in the right place at the right time lead to her managing a tochkas for the Lyuberetskaya Bratva who acquired the property in a hostile take over. Their only concern was that it continue to remain profitable, but Tamara took the opportunity to lay down some ground rules and get a little revenge for the former treatment of the girls there.

The next several years were an invaluable learning experience for her.  With a natural head for business she had little trouble keeping ahead of the projected income required by the Bratva and soon she was given another ... and another since her houses didn't require the kind of maintenance and upkeep that others sometimes did.  Not only did men enjoy coming to her places of business but the women seemed if not happy at least content to be there as well.   Though they were not her family, she'd long given up any ideas of that, she did understand the girls and empathize with their position.  And so Tamara was happy to teach.  Trading sex for money will keep you alive, but to truly build a life you have to invest in more than that.  Men, she'd found, were the most simply complex creatures out there and she was becoming very good at managing them. 

Soon it wasn't just bulls and  warriors coming to her establishments.  The Kassir (bookmaker) himself would come in to collect the payments personally, to chat and unwind.  Tamara and her girls were always very sympathetic listeners, eager to provide admiration and release.  Gradually  some of them would become more, taken away to become private mistresses, occasionally even wives, though they never lost touch with the woman who helped get them there. 

Their business wasn't exclusive to the Bratva of course, others found their way in.  Businessmen, politicians, laborers.  It's amazing what one can over hear in a brothel, what men will admit when trying to impress a beautiful woman.  Tamara collected all of that information and learned to carefully refine it, gathering leverage and intel for years, unable to actually do much with it for fear of being seen as a liability to be taken care of.. that is until the Pakhan found himself facing a lifetime prison sentence and the whole organization found itself on shaky footing.  Transfer of power is rarely smooth, the heir apparent saw himself faced with years of reorganization, questioning the loyalty of those around him, and it was then that Tamara stepped forward to negotiate.  She could make many of his headaches go away, knew many of those who would be trouble, knew which ones were skimming or had side businesses, knew how to persuade those on the fence. She just wanted in.  No longer an employee, those could be taken care of far too easily, but family?  Family was a far more enduring bond.  By marrying the new Pakhan's middle son Dmitry (then 21 compared to her 28), she was guaranteeing herself a future by making sure their family's interests were secured.

He went for it.  His son had always been a bit of a gadabout and if she could deliver half of what she promised the deal was more than solid, and deliver she did.  Calling in favors, blackmailing where need be, arranging for certain people to be alone and easily dispatched.  Within the year his power base was completely secure.  For some people that would have been that, her future was set, she could simply rest upon her job well done, but she was never one to stay idle and now that things in Moscow were more settled it was time to start looking at expanding into different markets. Tamara made sure that it was her new husband's name at the top of the list when it came to overseeing the Ukraine operation. 

They made a good team.  She tempered her husband's more rash tendencies, he found himself finally out from under the shadow of his more successful older brother, enjoying a favored position for once.  And if not love something very close to it formed. For almost fifteen years they worked together to build out their own little empire, arms deals with neighboring and sometimes terrorist factions, smuggling heroin into Germany, the UK and eventually the US via New York City. There were minor set backs of course, but by in large the couple was wildly successful in their undertakings. 

Perhaps it was simply a matter of time, or maybe there were those soft persuasive whispers in his ear, but eventually Dmitry began to resent his wife.  Each time she made a decision without him or someone's eyes shifted from him to her for confirmation of a command his anger grew a little more until she was no longer the other half who helped him rise to power, she was the now aging whore foisted off onto him by his father.  Over the next five years their feud grew to fairly epic proportions.  While her husband got progressively more out of control (a string of mistresses, an increasing drug habit, some unsound business deals)  Tamara simply grew colder and more focused, determined to counteract and make up for his unpredictability.

Still, despite how ugly things got between them, she was rather shocked when one of her former lovers came to her with a warning.  Dmitry was shopping around for someone to take a contract on his wife.  By now she had her own personal security, people who's loyalty and skill she trusted, so it couldn't be some common thug, he was willing to pay well to see the job done.  Though she can joke about it now, stating simply that women are ALWAYS better at shopping, at the time it was by far the most difficult decision she'd ever made. 

It was a very good thing that her husband had been doing an excellent job of publicly fucking things up and and everyone knew that Tamara was the only one holding things in the region together.  It helped cool the Pakhan's anger over his son's death.  Keeping Tamara around at the grieved widow was the best option open to him and he took it.   Though she stayed around for a few years helping smooth over the transition once more she knew that it was time for a change of venue.  A few phone calls was all it took for her to make it known that she had always found New York City lovely, having been there and staying in the Continental frequently in the past.  What started off as technically a vacation soon became a permanent arrangement, her international contacts filling in a necessary hole in the current Management.  She's been there for six years now and shows no signs of leaving any time soon.

Skills: Well connected - In her lifetime she's woven quite the web of contacts and favors  (valuing these well over money or other tangible goods). 
Torture - Both mental and physical she's been well trained in breaking the opposition.  Though these days she's happy to allow that business to be done by others she still doesn't mind getting her hands dirty both literally and figuratively in order to get what she wants.
Basic self defense and gun training - Though she's accustomed to having her own security around at almost all times Tamara made a vow to herself many years ago to always be able to defend herself and knows how to throw a solid punch and her way around a gun if need be.
Fluent in Russian (several dialects), Ukrainian, Italian, English, Polish, and German

Personality/Motivations: Rather ruthless Tamara doesn't things like morality stand in the way of getting the job done.  She does not hesitate when it comes to making tough calls.  She's enjoying her retirement to the fullest, can be a rather shameless flirt (and indeed has even been known to take a much younger lover upon occasion when the whim strikes her) but tends to scoff quite loudly at any mention of love or attempts at romance.  If she has a soft spot it would be for women trying to get ahead in what is a heavily male dominated world (many families are still good ole boy clubs and she's well aware of that fact) and as such she's willing to subtly bend the rules or whisper in the right ears if asked very very nicely.  Nothing that would ever jeopardize her position as a member of Management of course.   

Likes (non sexual): Good food (even occasionally found in the kitchens making it herself), being in control, Broadway plays, museums, other cultural events so common in the Big Apple, staying busy with the occasional random class the most recent of which being kick boxing, ridiculously expensive wine.
Dislikes (non-sexual): Television, fast food (or typically commercial things like cereal for breakfast and the whole protein shake phenomenon), being talked down to or lied to, the smell or taste of vodka (though she's learned to suck it up and PRETEND to like it since so many people assume that she must), people who play the victim (seriously, grow a spine and learn to take care of yourself).
Sexual Preference: The men folk.  Though she might say she likes them best dumb and pretty finding an intellectual as well as sexual equal has always been the ultimate goal.
Turn Ons : Being in control :P including but not limited to giving oral, pushing her partner to and past the point of sexual exhaustion
Turn Offs: Bondage (at least being on the receiving side of it), violence (most specifically knifeplay)

RP Thoughts/Plans:  Umm, this whole bio kind of got away from me a bit.  As a member of Management Tamara isn't going to be involved in the daily life of most of your characters but I'd be up for some prior connections (they did a favor for her once or viceversa, not they were best friends or anything like that).  Anyone who works at the hotel would know her from having stayed there off and on for essentially 20 years while traveling with her husband and on family business or most likely the last six years since she became a full member of Management. 

RampantDesires

Name: Beniamino Gaspari, nicknames - Beni (mostly to his family), Big Ben or Ben
Title/Status: Cleaner
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 197
Hair: Dark brown, needs a hair cut (according to his mother at least)
Physical Description: Model = Daniel di Tomasso
Additional Images

History: Ben grew up in Chicago.  With a dad not in the picture (even to this day his mother refuses to talk about him, just referring to him as 'the bastard') and a mom, newly immigrated from Italy, who worked excessively long hours cleaning apartments and commercial buildings to make ends meet he became use to fending for himself at a young age.  Always just a little bit larger than most of his peers it didn't take long for Ben to fall in with the older rougher crowd.  By ten he was running packages for a local gang, money, drugs, he never asked or looked.  For a kid used to second hand clothing he quickly grew out of the novelty of having his own money was an instant hook.

By fifteen he was already over six feet tall and rapidly filling out.  Starting to stand out in the crowd a bit it became time to make the transition from delivery to collections.   Most of them were fairly easy.  Just the reminder that you owed bad men money was enough to motivate people into miraculously finding funds, but there were always those who couldn't pay, or worse those who 'didn't take shit from some punk ass kid'.  There were more than a few times, especially early on, that Ben got the ever loving crap beat out of him (by both those disgruntled debtors as well as his superiors should he fail in his job).  Cracked ribs, a broken arm, a rather unlucky bullet graze, upwards of forty stitches (most of which coming from a surprise attack from a ninety pound strung out coke head who came after him with a broken bottle, though the story he makes up about the scar along his left side is FAR more entertaining than that reality), a virtual cornucopia of bruises and smaller wounds, but he survived.  He learned to read people, to fight dirty, to turn off that sympathetic voice in his head and just focus on getting the job done.

In addition to halfheartedly finishing highschool he filled in on the occasional construction crew and though she had to have known better his mother went along with the pretense that the money he was bringing in came from those rare legitimate work opportunities.  She couldn't however ignore his growing drug habit.  Initially just a recreational thing with his friends, Ben quickly found himself working for product rather than cash.  When he was 19 the house he was staying at was raided in a drug bust born from 'an anonymous tip' (he is 99% certain that the information came from his mother, but that has been added to the pile of things they just don't talk about). 

Even with his remarkably light criminal record (a few disturbing the peace, and one assault charge, as most people tended to not go to the cops with complaints), with the amount of cocaine in the house and on his person he found himself looking at a three year prison sentence. Clean and given time to reflect upon his life so far Ben came to the realization that he wasn't really suited to being anything more than a low level enforcer and that that particular career path didn't have much in the way of a benefits package (except perhaps a very early retirement age complete with burial plan).   His mother had moved to New York shortly after his incarceration (furthering his suspicion that she had been the one who'd tipped off the police on the location of the stash house) something about going into business with her aunt, or maybe it was second cousin, Italian families were always incredibly hard to keep straight. 

Upon being released (in only two years thanks to good behavior) Ben didn't so much as break his former ties as he just ... left them.  With the line of moving closer to family (which satisfied his former associates for the most part) and getting a fresh start away from old temptations (which made his parole officer happy) he came to crash on his mom's couch.  A criminal record, no job history and very few legitimate skills left him bouncing from odd job to odd job, at least until dumb luck (and a former friend) got him in touch with Felicia Edison who was in the process of forming her own cleaning crew.

Though he hadn't actually killed anyone Ben had seen dead bodies before in various states of ... wholeness and wasn't really bothered by it (at least that's what he told her when they met the first time, in practice he threw up rather violently their first two jobs, but he stayed and helped finish the work and has been a solid employee since then). He's settled down, has his own apartment (which may as well have the word 'bachelor' stamped on the door as it is almost frighteningly utilitarian), plays in an amateur baseball league, his team meeting once a weekish in Central Park in all but the dead of winter, and is trying to decide what the hell he's going to do with the rest of his life.

Skills: Lifting heavy things? No seriously, that seems to be the qualification that recommends him the most.  He also has a strong stomach, knows better than to ask questions, and is great at following directions.  Well versed in how to both give and take a beating when need be.  Basic repair and construction jobs.
Personality/Motivations: Ben's trying very hard to resist the temptations of his former life.  On the surface he's just an irreverent happy go lucky guy out to have a good time, he doesn't talk very much about his past or try to pry into anyone else's.  Though he has a lot of casual friends his trust and loyalty are fairly hard won.
Likes (non sexual): Breakfast foods, the gym, Singing (in the shower, while working, he has a decent dramatic baritone range which delights his mother since she went through the trouble of naming him after a famous opera singer though he's never actually tried to DO anything with the talent), Swimming.
Dislikes (non-sexual): Talking on the phone or texting, being put on the spot and forced to make decisions, hints about marriage and/or grandchildren from his mother, managing money/bills and what not (despite being well paid his power has been shut off more than a few times just because he forgot to pay it/deposit money into his bank account at the right time), driving, anything floral scented.
Sexual Preference: Yes.  That is to say that Ben has ... poor impulse control and very few restrictions.  Anything is a good idea once right? Or twice for that matter.  He is a shameless flirt and a true switch in every sense of the word. Do what feels good and to hell with anyone who judges you for it.
Turn Ons : Teasing and pleasure denial (both giving and receiving),  Semi-public play,  the judicious application of teeth (even and one might say especially in those most delicate of areas.  Something about trust and flirting with that whole pleasure pain line), making a mess and then subsequently cleaning it up.
Turn Offs: Super submissive partners (while happy to take charge in the bedroom he can barely keep his own life together let alone someone else's), people who get attached way too quickly/forcefully (a date or wild night by no means equals commitment, calm the fuck down), most sex toys (more specifically dildos and the like, plastic cocks are silly rather than sexy), any form of baby talk (or God forbid anything like diaper/bathroom play).

RP Thoughts/Plans:  Ben works as part of Felicia's clean up crew so it is possible you've interacted with him when they've arrived to a scene (he's one of those friendly pleasant people even when talking over a few corpses).  He's only been in New York for a little over a year now so all of his connections will be relatively new. 

Caela

Was pointed this way by Cerigo and have to saw the concept and characters all look really interesting. I'll shoot you a PM after work tonight Rampant to ask about a specific concept that's come to mind to make sure she'll fit in with the game as your seeing it. :)

Have a great day everyone!

RampantDesires

*does her happy dance at the plethora of lovely characters rolling in*

For our current cast of characters please go ahead and click HERE.

There are still quite a few key openings I think would make the group even more enjoyable and well rounded:

1) I'm still open to another member of management.  Keep in mind this character is going to be a bit older, less killer extraordinaire and more criminal mastermind. 

2) Some kind of money person.  These guys deal with multi million dollar payments, making this happen without drawing attention is important.  Cleaning money for mafia families, hell just providing retirement options to aging contract killers sounds like it could be a lot of fun :P

3) Speaking of mafia families I think more organized crime members in New York would be AMAZING.  So far Nic and Loves have members of the same family and I think they'd be open to more, but rivals would be great.  We have all of these people in the city looking for jobs, a crime war would provide a ton of work and drama opportunity., but I really don't want to end up NPCing a whole different family myself.

4)  While Cerigo is making a former DA member of Management, but I also think that there's room for more characters like that.  Lawyers, cops, politicians what have you who are all on the take in some way or another. If you wanted to go totally radical you could have someone who is genuinely interested in cleaning up the city and cracking down on organized crime, but I fear your crusader would not be long for this world.

We have three characters with STRONG US military backgrounds (former SEALS/marines/rangers)  so I'm going to go ahead and put the cap on that for the time being.  Other military groups (Sayeret Matkal, Spetsnaz ,  SAS... damn a lot of them start with s's don't they?) are still welcome, but variety is good :)

Also Swords dearling, bring your guy over, we'll hammer out the details with him working with Cerigo's guy soon, but feel free to put Killian in the approved list and start plotting and all that fun stuff.  Thanks for being patient!

Lynnette

Quote from: RampantDesires on February 26, 2015, 02:14:24 AM
*does her happy dance at the plethora of lovely characters rolling in*

For our current cast of characters please go ahead and click HERE.

There are still quite a few key openings I think would make the group even more enjoyable and well rounded:

Also Swords dearling, bring your guy over, we'll hammer out the details with him working with Cerigo's guy soon, but feel free to put Killian in the approved list and start plotting and all that fun stuff.  Thanks for being patient!

Funny you'd mention this, because I've been pending on making another mafia-related character, from another group. Kind of split between Japanese Yakuza and Hong Kong Triad, but I'll come to some kind of conclusion eventually.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Paladin101

Hmmm, I had been looking at this but was drawing a blank on what to be as some of my preferred ideas seemed to be taken. This gave me a couple ideas, please tell me if any of these would work.

1: A crime mastermind who never gets his own hands dirty, but makes his living by knowing who the best man for any given job is, and hiring them to do it. He is an intelligence gathering fiend who keeps his enemies at bay by gathering dirt on them and making it clear if they touch him, that dirt will go to whoever would hurt them the most. Kind of a Raymond Reddington from Blacklist feel character. Possibly management or head of his own sort of freelance organized crime syndicate, dunno which would fit best.

2: Banker to the den of thieves, this character would apparently be a perfectly legitimate businessman, with a number of businesses which have sufficient cash flow to disguise the laundering of dirty money.

RampantDesires

Huzzah more mafia types :)

We'd be happy to have you on board Paladin.  Personally I feel that you might have more fun with the money manager than the ... facilitator.  The problem with having a character like that as a member of management would be that they're in theory supposed to be retired and not actively conducting business on hotel ground (it allows them to at least maintain the illusion of being entirely neutral territory).  That's not to say that it couldn't work, he'd just have to be far more selective in his dealing than when he was an active player in their world. Sadly I have never seen Blacklist, though several people have mentioned it to me and I should add it to my list :P

Regardless of what you decide I look forward to seeing your character!

Paladin101

Well if I didn't go part of management, the first idea could work as head of his own little crime syndicate. Best way to describe Raymond Reddington is that he is "the concierge of crime" serves as the consummate middleman between people who have problems and problem solvers who need someone to work for. So I guess that is more what I was aiming at, was the concept of being the guy who knows both the crime lords and dictators, and the hitmen and cleaners and kidnappers, and serves as intermediary, maybe coming to the hotel as a safe base for him to then go meet these different hitmen in new york and make them offers from other individuals, or even offers furthering his own goals. Kind of a sneaky mastermind, behind the scenes string puller who helps other criminal types get what they want, but does it in a way that helps him get what he wants.

If you think I could make that role work in this, I think that is what I would rather go for. But yes, you should definitely watch the Blacklist. Amazing series.

Aiden

To be honest, I see it near impossible for someone to play a character like Raymond Reddington and even in this setting, it is way overpowered to have a character like Raymond in the game.

Maybe start low and work your way up?

Paladin101

Oh my thought hadn't been to be exactly like him where he's virtually untouchable. My thought had been the style of character, the facilitator who knows just about everyone, some who hate him, some who love him, some who just need him. I had thought it could make for an interest point for my character to be looking into some of the hired guns and hiring someone to protect him from the people he deals with type thing. But I may think of a different concept, someone else who is just another cog in the wheel. Dunno. Gonna give it some more thought.

honestly don't think the facilitator idea is any more potent than playing a bigwig of one of the mobs though.

RampantDesires

The main issue I think would be that the hotel itself is kind of the concierge of crime :P and the basis of the game is bringing together the best of the criminal underworld and letting them interact with one another in a neutral setting making a character with that focus much less useful than he might otherwise be.  Each member of Management is effectively this by themselves as well, although with different focuses, it is in part their connections and history that keeps The Continental the well respected and unassailable institution that it is today.

It still isn't a no, and I think you're right in that having someone in the game who isn't part of the hotel but is in a position to hire some of the very skilled people we have gathered is a good idea (another member of Management is still an option as well).  I would ask that you be rather specific with him.  "A guy who knows everyone and everything" is pretty meh and I fear would be glossed over and kind of spoiled for choices really.  Someone who spent much of the 90's helping the Triad expand into western markets by bypassing import/export issues and brokering truces with already existing crime families in the area, has helped facilitate land deals in New York for the Russians, and has a reputation for being knowledgeable and discrete in all of his workings?  Much more doable. You have a few specific skills and ties with the understanding that when it comes down to it your character at least knows somebody who knows somebody who can get the job done, but someone who probably has made his share of enemies in the past as well and doesn't fall under the protection of the Conteniental (not yet at least ... as the title of the game implies your current members of Management might find they're not quite as protected as they once thought).  No one in the game is unassailable and that's the fun part really :)

Paladin101

Ok, another take at this.

'The Diplomat': An English independent contractor who made a name for himself in his youth as a competent hitman. From there he segued into forming his own small crime organization with a unique calling. Crime families fight with each other, that is the nature of the business, and no one cares as long as it stays quiet. But when it starts to spread into the news, and bothering politicians, that brings heat down on everyone. The Diplomat's specialty is going into these crime wars, and making a simple offer. Both of you come meet and hash this out, or me and my organization join the other side, and we don't stop until all of your assets are gone. As a result much of his organizations job is ensuring different crime families abide by the terms of their clandestine agreements, and often serves as a middle man between the differing crime families.

Would give him a shitload of enemies, and instead of being a facilitator he is head of his own small organization of independent contractors, and he is very specialized instead of being far flung. But still keeps the flavor of middle man I was aiming at. Workable, or should I keep thinking? lol

should clarify, concept is he'd be hired by other crime families who felt the two squabbling families were bringing heat down on them.

Juggtacular

I'm thinking of making a representative for the Loco Syndicate.

RampantDesires

All caught up on PMs I think.  Sorry for the delay folks.

Aiden mentioned being interested in playing a cop type.
Juggtacular a Loco Syndicate representative or Yakuza.
ElvenKitten a mob related character.

And I whole heartedly support all of this :)

Juggtacular

I'll get started on him/them soon. Still sort of conflicted as to who I want to go with.

Swordsman18

Name: Valerie Xeranova
Title/Status: Independent Contractor
Height: 5"6
Weight: 125
Eyes: Green
Physical Description: Model = Amber Heard
History:
A girl born to rather average parents, she worked hard in school out a desire to not just be a cookie cutter girl from the suburbs. All of her young life, she could see how homogenized her environment was becoming. Everyone seemed to be different shades of the same person. Valerie could not live like that so she did her best to stand out. She did not go the route of being a cheerleader or some sort of athlete. Instead she joined in a lot of the more physical and usually male activities like the karate club, the kendo club an d so on. All the while she continued to be a star student on her way to being valedictorian. In a competitive tournament for karate, she broke her leg. She took her injury hard, blaming herself for it. For a long time she even chose not to go to school because she felt like she was now a failure.

Teenage depression set in as she felt like she would not be able to do anything that she envisioned for herself. So once she was out of crutches, she walked along a bridge planning on throwing herself off of it. When she was about to climb over the rails, she was pulled back by a man. Valerie attacked him not wanting to fail at taking her own life like she failed at everything else. The man took her down with his hands gripping her neck asking her if she truly wanted to die. Valerie told him about how she felt like she failed herself. And that to die would at least save herself from further failure. This man who held her life in his hands offered her a proposition. Since she failed herself in no uncertain terms then it was time for her to live for someone else. She would live for him and if she ever felt that she truly failed at that then he would gladly kill her.

Johnathon Rhodes was the name of that man. And she began to live for him. Once more she engaged in school getting her grades back up. She fought even harder in her karate club, kendo club and then she even picked up kick boxing and wrestling. Johnathon instructed her that she was not to be just strong in mind but also in body. Her attention spread her in several different directions yet she still did decently at the clubs and sports she was in. It allowed her to really fight for herself. After high school, she was told to go to college. She went and got herself a degree in Physics.

On her graduation day, Johnathon gave her a choice. She could throw all the progress she had made and die by his hands. Or she could choose to live and put all she had done to good use. She chose to live and began working with Rhodes as his partner. Many of the contracts they did together were from the Agency. Rhodes did not seem to be one to stray from killing what he perceived to be as bad guys. A morality he passed onto his protege. However after a particularly dirty mission in New York, Rhodes went missing.

So Valerie based herself out of New York doing jobs for the Agency and others to see if she could gleam some sort of information about where her mentor had gone or if someone had a hand in his disappearance.

Skills:
Mixed Martial Arts: Proficient
Firearms: Proficient
Blades: Skilled
Seduction: Skilled

Personality/Motivations: Valerie is a girl who enjoys results, she loves to see a plan come together. She hates failure and due to her background plans extensively to succeed or adapt in order to win. She puts a lot of effort into her jobs. However it has left her somewhat cold and distant to other people. Only one person got to see her more softer side. And that one person is gone leaving her somewhat depressed but also focused to find out why.
Likes (non sexual): Sun, Exercise, Sweet drinks, Success, Cleanliness, Loud beat filled music, dancing
Dislikes (non-sexual): Quiet, Failure, Rain, Laziness,
Sexual Preference: Pansexual
Turn Ons : Rough sex, being bound, sex games, biting (both ways), scratching (both ways), knife play (both ways), breath play (both ways)
Turn Offs: bathroom stuff, needle play, blood play

RP Thoughts/Plans: Valerie wants to find Rhodes. She is nearly desperate to do so. What I think could happen is that she will work with a number of fellow contractors to see if they know anything about the disappearance. Also GMs are free to use Rhodes in several capacities such as leaving clues or ominous messages about what happened to him. I figure this is what can be used to draw her into the main plot.

RampantDesires

*gives Valerie the thumbs up*

As discussed a Mike Rowe playby as her mentor will be coming in as an NPC at some point :)

And not that there's a cap on female characters, but we are pretty unbalanced at the moment standing at like a 15 to 7.  Cerigo is still waffling about making characters (both a hitman and possibly a former DA member of Management type) but after badgering him about it for months I'm throwing in the towel there .. someone else please feel free to take my place :P