Youtube

Started by Autumn Sativus, August 27, 2013, 11:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

I've noticed that youtube videos no longer embed directly (err... maybe this is just videos previously embedded before the switch? Ignore me if I'm dumb.) and as well that the [noembed][/noembed] tags don't work anymore.

Any estimation on how long that'll be? :-*
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oniya

I don't know about the 'noembed' tags getting fixed, but if you put 'url' tags around a YouTube link it will show up as a link (rather than embedded).  Videos that were embedded before the switch are no longer embedded, and I think that's something that can't be changed.  Putting in the address without the 'url' tag seems to embed it properly.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

Personally, I used the embed code from youtube, hit preview, and yanked out the extraneous stuff on the preview. Seemed to work for me.

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.

Vekseid

Quote from: Saffron on August 27, 2013, 11:37:34 PM
I've noticed that youtube videos no longer embed directly (err... maybe this is just videos previously embedded before the switch? Ignore me if I'm dumb.) and as well that the [noembed][/noembed] tags don't work anymore.

Any estimation on how long that'll be? :-*

Right now you can use the nobbc tag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TINfzxSnnIE

[nobbc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TINfzxSnnIE[/nobbc]

Will try to work something out for noembed though. Have a lot of other things to get working properly though (search, the rest of the email stuff...)

Formless

Quote from: Oniya on August 27, 2013, 11:56:48 PM
I don't know about the 'noembed' tags getting fixed, but if you put 'url' tags around a YouTube link it will show up as a link (rather than embedded).  Videos that were embedded before the switch are no longer embedded, and I think that's something that can't be changed.  Putting in the address without the 'url' tag seems to embed it properly.

Does this apply after or before the move?

Because ever since I joined here I just paste the address without the URL tags and it comes embedded.

Oniya

Pasting it without tags hasn't changed - I've always done it that way before and after the move.  It was only getting them not to embed that seems to have changed up.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

The Dark Raven

Quote from: Oniya on August 28, 2013, 02:09:37 PM
Pasting it without tags hasn't changed - I've always done it that way before and after the move.  It was only getting them not to embed that seems to have changed up.

For it to not embed, I usually just paste the straight Share link from youtube (I only recently found how to embed them).

Check my A/A | O/O | Patience is begged. Momma to Rainbow Babies and teetering toward the goal of published author. Tentatively taking new stories.