Lost on the Planes (Recruitment Thread)

Started by SheerFantasia, July 04, 2014, 08:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bibliophilia

Sheer, I wanted to get a DM ruling on this.  I'm giving my Catfolk Lotus Geisha the Exotic Weapon Proficiency so she can used an Urumi as her melee weapon.  I was wondering if you would allow me to use Weapon Finesse on it, even though it's a one-handed weapon, rather than a light weapon?

Belisuavious

I'm fine with my character ring wherever. He's got mostly social skills and a high charisma but he's also able to do a fair bit of hitting things. Plus he's a ranger which means he can hunt things. Maybe not particularly well but he gets bonuses to his shitty wisdom for it, so if ine group needs a tracker he can be shanghaied into it. Just remember that he's on board as a punishment and as a passenger, so he'll be a bit of an ass lol.

SheerFantasia

I've updated the first post with the 'Floating Equipment' rules so that people won't be lugging around all sorts of odds and ends (if your char. sheet has lots of items worth 5 gp or less, strike them off - you can just pull them out as necessary as per the Floating Equipment rules).

Just preparing for the game launch with an OOC thread (followed by the IC thread), which should be up in the next few hours, or tomorrow at latest (with work still being a thorn in my side).

@Bibliophillia: I can see the logic behind wanting DEX to use that weapon.  I'll offer you a custom feat (sort of a variant of the Dervish Dance feat, but with slightly higher requirements due to the distracting quality of the urumi):
SERPENT DANCE (Combat)

Prerequisite:Dexterity 13, Weapon Finesse; Combat Expertise or Perform (dance) 4 ranks; proficient with urumi
  Benefit: When wielding an urumi with one hand, you can use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Strength modifier on melee attack and damage rolls. You treat the urumi as a one-handed piercing weapon for all feats and class abilities that require such a weapon (such as a duelist’s precise strike ability). The urumi must be for a creature of your size. You cannot use this feat if you are carrying a weapon or shield in your off hand.

@Jecter: But hopefully not too much of an ass!  :P :-)

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Things were horribly busy this weekend,s orry, I didn't get the stuff done I promised I would do. T_T

That includes updating the list for Sheer and finishing Icky's background writeup.

Have a 5-minute quick scribble, though...

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Ghostwheel

Even your scribbles make me wish I could draw half as well... :-3

Bibliophilia

Carny, that's freaking adorable.  -is jealous.-

Belisuavious

That Kobold is adorable. I want one haha.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Jecter on July 13, 2014, 07:39:20 PM
I'm fine with my character ring wherever. He's got mostly social skills and a high charisma but he's also able to do a fair bit of hitting things. Plus he's a ranger which means he can hunt things. Maybe not particularly well but he gets bonuses to his shitty wisdom for it, so if ine group needs a tracker he can be shanghaied into it. Just remember that he's on board as a punishment and as a passenger, so he'll be a bit of an ass lol.

He's a ranger with +0 survival? Oh man, we'd better bring along some TV dinners just in case... ;D

Quote from: Ghostwheel on July 14, 2014, 06:31:50 PM
Even your scribbles make me wish I could draw half as well... :-3

Awww, thank you.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 14, 2014, 06:58:11 PM
Carny, that's freaking adorable.  -is jealous.-

Flattery won't get you everywhere with the assistant QM, but flattery and a bit of other oral exercise will get you significantly further than flattery alone... (see below).

Quote from: Jecter on July 14, 2014, 11:05:27 PM
That Kobold is adorable. I want one haha.

Well, if Roddy isn't TOO much of an ass and manages to hunt something worth cooking, it might be negotiable. Iksenitrix is somewhat more than slightly promiscuous, she is:

QuoteHedonistic (Drawback)(Whenever you spend a day without gaining reward or treasure (at least 10 or more gold pieces) or spending an hour on entertainment or pleasure, attempt a DC 20 Fortitude save at the end of that day. If you fail, you begin the next day fatigued. This fatigue lasts 4 hours, or until you receive a reward or sufficient entertainment or pleasure.)

So she has this tiny problem *COUGH*. Fortunately, she's kinky and enjoys the idea of having big, tall mammals at her beck and call (mammals are so delectably warm and soft and snuggly). Pity the poor cabin boy (who is, of course, of age)... Her lecherous proclivities are impossible to hide on a ship of any size, much less on a vessel as small as the Sassy. They would be even if she was the quiet, reserved, shy type.

...Which she most emphatically isn't.

ANYWAY,

I still didn't finish her dang background because I tried to be all artsy-fartsy and write it as an epistolary between two fleet officers arguing over why the hell to include a kobold ex-privateer on an exploratory mission (with one taking the tack that she's a pirate and a menace, pardons be damned, and under no circumstances should she've been permitted to sign onto any ship in the fleet as an assistant QM, much less an exploratory vessel where she'll likely interfere with crew discipline...And the other officer wanting to include her specifically because she's NOT yet another standard fleet bean-counter and if things go wrong she has skills and attitudes which might be useful in an emergency, particularly because privateers tend to find their own moorings out in the middle of nowhere and to improvise repairs and refittings far from home...Which could (haha, clearly HAS) become a real issue for an exploratory vessel like the Sasskiana).

But I DID finish the table of her equipment and added it to the original post.

Tomorrow's project will be (1) finish Iksenitrix's background and (2) update the character/player table. I think I will make a second table for 'alt characters' if that works.

Oh, and I keep forgetting:

As to where she might be, Iksenitrix could easily still be aboard ship (doing inventory and organizing repair) or could just as easily be out and about with an away-team scavenging for more materials to do repairs with (because boarding party grenadier type and familiar with what's needed to repair the ship...Not to mention apparently better survival skills than the ranger and disable-device equal to that of the rogue...AND she brought her tools...Gaaaaaaaaaah, utility classes!). So she can easily work either way. The latter is probably more obviously adventurous, but if the QM is dead she may be needed aboard.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

SheerFantasia

Okay, running a tad late, but here is the Character thread to get everyone started!

Belisuavious

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on July 15, 2014, 05:53:33 AM
He's a ranger with +0 survival? Oh man, we'd better bring along some TV dinners just in case... ;D

Well, if Roddy isn't TOO much of an ass and manages to hunt something worth cooking, it might be negotiable. Iksenitrix is somewhat more than slightly promiscuous, she is:

He's got bonuses against animals and bonuses to tracking things, so he'll find you something tasty never fear. Just might mean I get some use out of that magic rope I brought along   :P

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on July 15, 2014, 05:53:33 AM
Pity the poor cabin boy (who is, of course, of age)... Her lecherous proclivities are impossible to hide on a ship of any size, much less on a vessel as small as the Sassy. They would be even if she was the quiet, reserved, shy type.

...Which she most emphatically isn't.

I think one of my red shirts is in way over his / her head (not sure which) without even having been fully created yet. My poor cabinboy!

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Quote from: Chulanowa on July 15, 2014, 02:20:31 PM
I think one of my red shirts is in way over his / her head (not sure which) without even having been fully created yet. My poor cabinboy!

Oh good grief, I forgot about that. XD

Up to you if you want the cabin-kobold to have a naughty past with Icky.

For that matter, anyone who wants to discuss character interaction/relationships (not just who is screwing who, but how they get along on shipboard), please let me know. We've got that nice little slot in the character forum for 'Relationships' and right now Icky's is looking distressingly empty.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:

Anon315

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on July 16, 2014, 10:53:00 PMFor that matter, anyone who wants to discuss character interaction/relationships (not just who is screwing who, but how they get along on shipboard, please let me know. We've got that nice little slot in the character forum for 'Relationships' and right now Icky's is looking distressingly empty.

The robot is similarly not related to much of anything. He would be appreciative of having had previous interactions with any of you meat sacks.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CarnivalOfTheGoat on July 16, 2014, 10:53:00 PM
Oh good grief, I forgot about that. XD

Up to you if you want the cabin-kobold to have a naughty past with Icky.

For that matter, anyone who wants to discuss character interaction/relationships (not just who is screwing who, but how they get along on shipboard), please let me know. We've got that nice little slot in the character forum for 'Relationships' and right now Icky's is looking distressingly empty.

well, it's not a kobold (at least i don't think it is? it hasn't told me and it's so hard to find good-looking kobold inspiration...) but hey, I'm up for a kobold-positive kind of character. The occasional scale-waxing, to bring out that shine. Someone tp try alpha-test potions. I dunno, still working on it, and Biblio's set an idea in my head... So you can all blame her.

SheerFantasia

Quick Update:
Despite my most ardent wishes, I'm going to have to push the OOC and IC launch date by one more day since I've have to work late tonight (particularly infuriating, given as the two threads are at 75% completion).

Again, sorry for the delays!  As a gentle reminder, if anyone has yet to post in the Character thread, try to get 'em up at your earliest convenience.  For the first 2 or 3 adventures, most will be focussed on your main (6th level) characters, thereafter, you may start to bring your other secondary PCs into play at your wish.  Whichever character participates in an adventure (with no swapping) gains the full XP of the adventure, whilst all other characters gain 1/3 of the XP.  For now, only one secondary character per player will be permitted (this will increase as more recruits are brought on board).

Also of interest (although not very realistic) the unique nature of the Sasskiana will see it function both as a vehicle and as settlement (with their corresponding stats).  With its crew at present, it will function as the equivalent of a Thorpe or Hamlet (there will be about 20 other NPCs in addition to the Major NPCs, PCs, and their secondary characters if any).

Thanks for your patience!

SheerFantasia

The OOC is (finally!) up - find it here.  There are some things I'd like opinions on before I launch the IC, so find it on the OOC.

Happy Ventures!

Chloe Milev

Oooh, this is neat!  It looks like there are lots of players and characters, but if you want another one, I'm game!  It looks like y'all might need a medic.  I could throw in a cleric/oracle.  I'm tempted to make a halfling powerbottom girl, or changeling for genderbending fun and to be tall enough for the kobold ;3 
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Ghostwheel

I've got enough healing per day for our current level, so don't feel as though you have to play one, and the oracle secondary character should hopefully be the master physician (unless one of the primary PCs wants to grab Skill Focus: Heal :P ).