Anyone looking for an RP to join?

Started by Trost, May 05, 2011, 05:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trost

So this is the first time I'm making an RP on the site and I hope I'm doing it right. I'm guessing I need to put up a request here and then make the RP later.

The RP I have in mind is very diverse and leniant. There will be one for everyone, and the Adult one for members and more gore.

The plotline is basically a gladiator arena that is set up like an academy. Beings and creatures of all kinds (there is no limit to races) travel here to interact with other warriors and fight. There will be actual free-form for a while where people can have their own battles/spars against one another and live around each other. And then once we get enough members, we will have a tournament. Once the tournament ends, the characters can RP with their own plots as they wish. After a while, we will have another Tournament. The cycle repeats.

The plotline is very open and easy going for others to bring in their own plots. How does this sound for everyone? Any suggestions?

The OCC Thread: Click!

The IC Thread: Click!
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

Avaren

Hey Trost!
This sounds pretty fun. I like the idea of a combat academy with regular circulating tournaments for characters to be paired up and fight.
Here are a few questions/suggestions:

> Setting: Is this an alternate-universe Rome? Or just a fantasy place that has a gladiatorial-like arena/entertainment system where creatures of all kinds can travel and come to (like the best school for learning to be a warrior in the universe?)

> Academy: When you get enough people, you could assign them dorms and roommates; could be fun for interacting and training and eventually having to fight your new friend in the arena. Drama, fun times. Does everyone come here voluntarily, or are there slaves as well brought in and trained to work as warriors that belong to the arena/entertainment side? (if that side even exists)

> You could have some characters teach other characters; warrior mentors, etc.

I like the idea of you having it available in the Non-Adult forum as well as the Adult. I would definitely be interested in joining this roleplay.

O/Os / The Archive My 1x1 Search

AK89

Trost

Awesome! I'll make the RP now and I'll send ya'll a PM with the link. It will also be editted into the first post.

It will be a fantasy place with the gladiatorial-like arena/entertainment system. It won't necessarily be a school but more.... a place where the best (or those striving to be  the best) can test themselves. Those who want to learn can come to the arena to train and get better, though there are no teachers, senseis, or education/training system set in place. If someone wants to be a sensei or start a training session, its open to RP-ers to do that.

I was thinking of setting up dorms and roommates right off the bat. Haha. Everyone can come here voluntarily. It isn't like the REAL gladiators where they fought to the death with POW's or slaves. I guess, if an RP-er wants to incorporate that somehow in the plot, they can.

I'll make a section for mentors, since you requested it. =)
~*Art is the bridging of ideas, emotions, and thoughts when simple communication fail to express the true depth of meaning and purpose. Art is the creation of humanity.*~

Trost

The threads are up! The links are at the bottom of the first post. *now plays the waiting game....*

Avaren

We can't receive PMs yet, Trost! ;)

Oh! Okay, I see... I suppose I read 'academy' and thought it was also about training.
Very nice! Sounds good. It's very open to interpretation from each character/writer, I like it.

O/Os / The Archive My 1x1 Search

Trost

Yeah, I totally realized that at the last minute. Haha. I put the links up on the first post. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post in here or the OOC. I'll keep a watchful eye and reply ASAP. =)

RedRuby

Is it too late to join this? I'm itching to RP sooo bad :3

Trost

It is never too late, m'dear.  :-) And it looks like things are reluctant to start so I really need some RP-ers.