News:

Main Menu

Welcome to Night Vale

Started by Madriv, August 11, 2013, 11:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madriv

Any other fans of the Night Vale Podcast lurking around Elliquiy?

Nadir

*appears*

Me! I adore it. Apart from Steve Carlsburg, I really HATE that guy

Blythe

Hmmmm, I have started listening to it now after seeing this. It seems interesting. ^^

Moraline

Started listening to it thanks to this thread.

Seems good but I'm only 1 minute into the first podcast.

Madriv

Madriv

Madriv

Nadir

Inari

A few weeks ago when a friend came to stay the night she introduced me to this podcast called "Welcome to Night Vale." At first I was unsure of it but as I listened on I soon began to realise that this was definately something I was going to keep listening to.

For those who are unaware of what "Welcome to Night Vale" is, here is a little summary:

'Welcome to Night Vale' is a radio show set in the fictional town of Night Vale. The host of the show is someone named Cecil Baldwin and every two weeks he brings us updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff's Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, cultural events and other goings on.

Here is a link to the episodes which are roughly 20 minutes long each.

http://podbay.fm/show/536258179

Has anyone else listened to this? If yes what do you think? If not listen to it then tell me what you think. :D

Galanthor

Huh...thought of doing that exact post yesterday, then i looked in the sky and told myself:
"Nothing is real...i don't think...maybe trees have the right idea..."

Inari

I wish I could like that post... but then the Sheriff's Secret Police might come after me. :(

Galanthor

Well...to be fair, you shouldn't have approached the dog park.

Inari

I feel silly since I didn't see this thread and now it has been merged. @_@

But the thing with the dog park - yeah... I guess I shouldn't have but I heard weird things coming from it. D:

Galanthor

*shrugs*...all of us make mistakes :3
even Khoshekh

Silverfyre

The wife and I just finished spending three days listening to all of the podcasts.  Oh, how delightfully wonderful this series is! I can't wait to hear more about Carlos's perfect hair.

Damn that Tully.

Nadir

I thought you'd like it *grins*

Silverfyre

Absolutely! You were the one who suggested it after all and thank the Void you did.

Inari

E totally needs to do something like this one day. That is if the secret police don't do anything. >.>

On I side note; I ordered one of their "All Hail The Glow Cloud" T-shirts. XD

Silverfyre

I want to get one of those shirts so bad.

Inari

I was surprised when it said it glows in the dark. XD

Silverfyre

It's channeling pure void energy; of course it glows in the dark!

Blythe

I'm kind of in love with the Facebook page from Night Vale. Especially when I saw these updates:

Looking for a simple solution to all life's problems? We are proud to present obstinate denial. Accept no substitute. Accept nothing.

She lost her patience. I mean patients. She's a vet. Specializing in tarantulas. She lost them in your car.

The pleasure is all mine. There is no pleasure left for anyone else. I own it all.

Please do not feed the animals. They just want to be alone with their anger for a while and do not need any help.

Nadir

Their twitter is much the same *grins*