The Next Emperor (closed)

Started by mj2002, November 09, 2014, 12:47:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mj2002

Quote from: ReaperDouble0 on November 13, 2014, 09:39:33 AM
How does those two things connect? I don't think "Why does your eyes cover half your face?!" is considered a normal conversation-starter.
It would be a humorous one.

mj2002

I posted the first IC thread, titled 'The City Gate'. It's meant to serve as an opportunity for Champions to make an introductory post as they arrive at the city with their entourage. Other characters are of course welcome to post here as well (either for their main characters or perhaps one of their entourage) but other locations will be made available very soonTM that may be more ideal locations for princesses and any other player characters.

Link to the new post: The City Gate

Before you make a post, please consider making use of a header such as this one;

[hr]
[float=left][IMG padding=5 width=275]IMAGE LINK HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Location:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Tagging:[/b]
[hr]

Usage of this type of header is recommended (by me!) but not required. If you don't use them, please try to make sure that you include a description of your character's appearance, actions and status so its easier for others to respond to what's happening.

Example;

Name: The character's name, alias and/or title
Role: The character's role or position
Location: Threads usually indicate the scene's location, but this can be used to further specify. This can also be used to mention if your character is entering or leaving the scene.
Appearance: A short description of what the character's appearance is like, in the time frame of the post
Tagging: Characters that are referred to or communicated with in this post

Moon Hound Hati

I'd like to suggest putting that code for the header at the bottom of the IC OP.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

mj2002

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on November 13, 2014, 11:36:23 AM
I'd like to suggest putting that code for the header at the bottom of the IC OP.
But the code is OOC info! My OCD cant handle that :(

Moon Hound Hati

Quote from: mj2002 on November 13, 2014, 11:53:57 AM
But the code is OOC info! My OCD cant handle that :(

But it's more convenient for the players not having to sift through the recruitment thread just to get that code to be able to post in IC threads! D:

That or perhaps a thread with all important info such as the post header code could be compiled. It could have the established history of the setting and other info, too. Some of the larger group games often have it.
Lingerie is like wrapping paper for the best present in the world     the female body.

mj2002

Quote from: Moon Hound Hati on November 13, 2014, 12:25:14 PM
But it's more convenient for the players not having to sift through the recruitment thread just to get that code to be able to post in IC threads! D:

That or perhaps a thread with all important info such as the post header code could be compiled. It could have the established history of the setting and other info, too. Some of the larger group games often have it.
I intend to make such a post, the concept had already crossed my mind, but I wanted to wait before I collected some more information to post there. Also, people will have to find the IC thread anyway, and the post where its announced happens to have that code!

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Birchleaf

And my introduction is up, such as it is. Man, grand parades are so much more wordy than simple entrances. I do not plan on writing such lengthy posts every time.

mj2002

Quote from: Birchleaf on November 13, 2014, 06:44:50 PM
And my introduction is up, such as it is. Man, grand parades are so much more wordy than simple entrances. I do not plan on writing such lengthy posts every time.
That's what introductions are for of course! This was precisely what I had envisioned myself if I had a Champion character, nice post!

On another note, I'm toying with the idea to post another OOC thread just for chats, general post feedback and quick announcements. This thread seems to be serving that purpose for now, which is alright I guess.

Question Mark

I'll vouch for getting a pure OOC thread separate from the Discussion thread up ASAP.  The sooner we can abandon the Group Roleplays Wanted forum, the better, both for courtesy and convenience.

mj2002

Quote from: Question Mark on November 13, 2014, 09:02:39 PM
The sooner we can abandon the Group Roleplays Wanted forum, the better
It's not such a bad neighborhood =(

Anyway, the OOC thread.

Question Mark

Quote from: mj2002 on November 13, 2014, 09:25:17 PM
It's not such a bad neighborhood =(

Anyway, the OOC thread.

It's not, really.  I've probably spent more time here than on any other forum in E.

Ah, memories.

mj2002

We're still accepting applications for this story, including Champions and even the Emperor. There's also the opportunity to play some sort of a neutral character who doesn't necessarily compete for the throne. If you have a nice concept, just post it here!

azzmeister89

Full name: Reynik " Levi " " little Leviathan "
Title or rank: Lord Commander of the imperial Navy
Home region: Eastern coast of the empire in a small fishing village.

Appearance: image pending

Combat ability and experience: Reynik has fought in several battles against pirates and enemy empires fleets in his rise to the top. He is proficient in the sword, dagger, bow and his favorite weapon of the staff.

Personality: Reynik is a likable young man, charismatic to the extreme, apt to give his men a slap on the back and a tankard of ale as much as an official accommodation. His manner most of the time is laid back and carefree however in the crucible of battle he becomes a cunning and able Commander, able to turn the tide of a battle with nothing but a good plan and a handful of sailors.  In short most people get on fine with him but do not cross him.

Background/history: Reynik was not born of noble birth.his father captained a merchant ship and his mother had died in childbirth. As such Reynik grew up on ships and learnt fr from the crew as soon as he was able. When he was fifteen Reynik was put forth to join the Navy but before they could arrive to pick him up there village was attacked by pirates. Few survived and Reynik's father was counted among the dead. Swearing revenge Reynik worked harder then any other in navel training and at age twenty was given his first command. With a small crew of twenty men he tracked down the pirates and put them to the sword, taking their ship "the Leviathan" as his prize. He was voted lord Commander soon after when the former one retired.

Strengths: unwavering loyalty from his men, gifted swordsman, unaffected by most weather conditions of the land.

Weaknesses: feels restricted on land. Has a knack for finding female related trouble, not being noble makes him ignorant to many customs.

other: Reynik cares little for taking power for himself as long as the people are safe and the empire strong although he won't decline any offers extended to him.

mj2002

Looks like a good character sheet. I'd just note that the character might be a little young to have reached the rank of Lord Commander of the Empire's Navy. Perhaps he's achieved this rank through some sort of extraordinary feat? Otherwise, perhaps you could make him slightly older or not quite the rank that he has now? It's up to you of course.

Consider reading through the discussion thread we created, it's linked on the first post of this page. It contains a lot of useful information that you may wish to read through when you have some spare time.

azzmeister89

Shall do, I stated the reason for his gain in rank but shall add more detail to better explain it.

mj2002

Quote from: azzmeister89 on November 18, 2014, 07:30:34 AM
Shall do, I stated the reason for his gain in rank but shall add more detail to better explain it.
That would be great. In general, it'd be nice if you could elaborate slightly more on your character's personality and history. It's a bit short compared to the other characters that have signed up so far. Also, you're more than welcome to accompany your character with an entourage, though this certainly is not required.

Lynnette

I'll probably be making a second primary character, probably a prostitute or thief, possibly both. I want a character that I can more freely fool around with without having to worry about breaking Millianna. Any objections?
I'm available on Discord!
Feel free to message me if you want to chat
Lynnpai#4726

My O/O     My guide to set up a home server and Plex
My request thread

mj2002

Lynnette

Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

Lynnette

Full name: Diannelle Simnel, usually going by Diane however.
Title or rank: "Wanted dead or alive", that counts I presume?
Role: Prostitute, thief and assassin-for-hire
Home region: Slums of the capital

Appearance: Diannelle has golden blonde hair, normally kept a tad messy (though intentionally so), with most of it cut to her shoulders, with just a few locks of hair reaching almost down to her bust. Much like her hair, her eyes are of a golden brown shade, radiating a kind and friendly aura. She has a rather large bust and isn't afraid of using the sex appeal to seduce, entrance or lure. Going with that, she has a nice thin waist meeting with a well-rounded waist with a very nice ass, along with a pair of long, slender legs.

Experience: A very swift-fingered and skilled thief, more than capable of stealing a ring off a finger without the owner noticing. Besides that, she is very skilled sexually, and knows well how to seduce a man or two. Knows a few assassination-methods, though she normally refrains from murder if possible. Agile and quick on her feet. Knows the capital better than most, both the good sides and the not so sweet.

Personality: For the most part, Diannelle appears as a very kind and passionate person. For the most part, she's cheerful and a very relaxing and enjoyable person to be with. She radiates of positivity and refuses to look negatively on anything, contrasting her professions quite heftily since the jobs she does are normally reserved for the immoral and cold. She can be quite caring towards the ones who need it, though this side is normally reserved for those who can't stand up for themselves. While not being a vigilante of any kind, she isn't fond of the strong making use of the weak, be it with work or abuse.

Background and history: Diannelle was born into what some might call a family breaking up. her father never existed, and her mother was a prostitute, and her father had been a client, so it wasn't a surprise that he was never seen again. Her mother didn't have the means to take care of her and "gave her away", which in less formal words means that she threw her on the street and hoped for a quick death. However, a mother who had just lost her son to illness found her and raised her as her own for many years, before she eventually passed away while giving birth to her third child, making Diannelle the oldest in the family. She never actually got to know that she was adopted. She was 14 years at the time this happened.

For a few years, they lived off stealing from rich merchants and travelers. Not a lot usually, just enough to manage. She was trying to make sure they had some morales, despite how much it hurt to have enough money to live luxuriously for decades within reach, but still holding back. She kept on with this for a few years, until it was starting to be presented as a major issue in the capital and merchants made sure their carriages were better guarded, and the city guard was keeping a keener eye open, making it a lot harder to make a living off of thievery. Realizing how it was getting both more dangerous and less rewarding to steal, she slowly drifted into prostitution. She kept it hidden from her "siblings" at least, not wanting them to walk down the same path after her.

Over time, she occasionally offered murder as well. Usually offering the job while listening to someone complaining about how much they hated a person, before seducing the target to a private place and killing them with a needle to the back of the neck or by strangling them. It isn't a common occurrence though, not enough to make it appear as a problem.

As the guard merchants kept up and the city watch loosened up after Diannelle laying low for a long while, she picked up on the thievery again, though with her being a bit rusty, she did a few screw-ups and was quickly put up as a wanted person. The sketches hanging on the occasional wall aren't great though, and the prize-money for bringing in either her or the body isn't big enough for a serious bounty-hunter to consider trying to catch her, and she knows more or less every decent hiding spot in the capital.

Strengths: very cunning thief, extremely well liked in the slums, skilled seductress and she knows both every corner of the capital, and everything that happens in it. Skilled seductress.
Weaknesses: Wanted in the capital for thievery, has no political strength whatsoever, and is not very strong physically, and would easily be overpowered if someone really tried. Can't read or write.

Other traits: Sterile, incapable of becoming pregnant even if she tried.
On/Offs: As my ons/offs is currently very outdated, I'd rather refer to my role-play preferences, which were updated pretty recently. Some major ons/offs worth mentioning are:
Ons: Anal, vaginal, oral, light bondage, exhibitionism, breastplay, biting.
Offs: Scat, vore, extreme pain (sexually), more to be added.
Lynnpai#4726

My request thread

azzmeister89

Working on Reynik's people and should have the extra stuff done by thursday

TheHangedOne

She looks cool, Reaper. I bet Alias could put her to many good uses.  ;D
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Rave

Pencil me in as interested in this as-well.

I have quite a unique idea for a thief pretending to be a champion floating around in my head. Needs fleshing out, but I'll be working on that tonight if characters are still being accepted.

mj2002

Quote from: Rave on November 18, 2014, 05:02:29 PM
Pencil me in as interested in this as-well.

I have quite a unique idea for a thief pretending to be a champion floating around in my head. Needs fleshing out, but I'll be working on that tonight if characters are still being accepted.
They certainly are.