Finally a decent free zombie game

Started by King_Furby, May 03, 2009, 08:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

Lets face it we all like a good zombie movie from time to time. I always liked the idea of zombie games. And since i heard left 4 dead is short as hell im not going to get it. This game is in open beta and is really fun. Here check it out. Its a RPG where you choose a class there is over 10 and each usually has a bonus. its like a top down shooter.

http://s1deadfrontier.net/onlinezombiemmo/

After looking at the site and if your going to sign up i would be happy if you click this refur link ( http://www.deadfrontier.com/refer.php?ID=250066&SERVER=s1deadfrontier.net ) and help me out. I posted this seperate incause you would not feel comfertable doing so

Inkidu

Left 4 Dead is meant to be played multiplayer. I looked at that and wasn't very impressed, most browser based games don't. Especially with a lot of things you have to purchase with real money really does not appeal to my experience or my pocketbook.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

King_Furby

Its better then alot top down games out there. Its more geared toward the cash shop type of player anyhow. But you dont need to spend alot. $8 gives you 200 credits which will buy you a gun and more ammo then you know what to do with. But most games of this type are more of a challenge for a free player. But you can survive decently as a free user, if you pick a class that doesn't give you a knife. The multiplayer on this is fun. you also can go solo.

I heard two many bad reviews on left 4 dead so i wont get it uless the price drops alot.

Inkidu

It's a browser-based game and it wants me to pay cash money. I understand that for like WoW or whatnot but when the game is so really bare-bones (Dead Frontier started out on Newgrounds) I would rather pay the forty or so dollars for a 360 game than eight or so for 200 of anything on that kind of game. Plus it isn't even all that scary. I only bought Drunken Masters Delux Edition (Another flash game) because it was $1.50. Besides even if you factor in the Xbox Live membership you still get to play more games for your buck.

I already own L4D so it's a little moot but nothing's scarier than a noob who got Boomer Juice all over him.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Jeramiahh

I just picked up L4D this weekend... amazingly fun game. And, yeah, Boomer's are fun... I tend to let the more experienced guys go first, and usually end up with the least damage taken, until a Hunter pounces me when I get stuck behind. I definitely need more practice, but it's fun, so far.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

King_Furby

I understand your viewpoint but to me its not a bad game. Afterall it is only in open beta. Who knows once it launches you might find it more of interest. keep it in mind for the future.

The only scary zombie games are resident evil. Resident Evil 2 was scary as heck especially in the last level when that guys hand comes through the roof of the tram car.

Inkidu

Dead Space tends to make me defecate three-dimensional rectangles. Nasty space zombies. 

Azazer

Quote from: Inkidu on May 03, 2009, 09:46:59 PM
Dead Space tends to make me defecate three-dimensional rectangles. Nasty space zombies.

That..sounds painful. \:

Inkidu

Quote from: Azazer on May 05, 2009, 01:49:35 AM
That..sounds painful. \:
When they say numb with fear they mean numb.