Hellsing Next Generation OOC

Started by Miyr, June 18, 2010, 09:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miyr

Well if he's going to be a salesman, does that mean he's going to be a character that Hellsing just does business with? And never actually partakes in the actual fighting?

As for a character sheet, not really but you can use what I put below as a guideline:

Name
Appearance
How they fit into Hellsing
History
Been gone for almost two years. I apologize for my absence.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Quote from: Miyr on August 11, 2010, 02:49:06 PM
Well if he's going to be a salesman, does that mean he's going to be a character that Hellsing just does business with? And never actually partakes in the actual fighting?

As for a character sheet, not really but you can use what I put below as a guideline:

Name
Appearance
How they fit into Hellsing
History

That would be then general idea. Unless you want him to fight. Probably boring on the side of just doing business. I could alternitively have him join the ranks as a lesser demon. That way you would not get him wrong on the power lever and be weaker then Seras, but able to for the most part hold his own against freaks.

Miyr

Well if he's older, like Alucard, it's fine if he's stronger than Seras or on the same page as her. Because even though she's a true vampire now, she lacks the strength that decades of experience will bring, so I'm going to play Seras out as developing along with the progression of the story and elaborating on her abilities as the time comes etc.

I just don't want to introduce any Incognito/Alexander/Alucard level strong characters until we figure out the plot of the story more, because I haven't planned much out yet due to lack of interest or lack of participation.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

If I did do the lesser demon, he would be older then Seras and probably more experienced, but that's pretty much what would be the extent of physical strength. I do not think I would have him with any demonic abilities just for the sake of your rp.

Miyr

Well if you want some demonic powers just run them by me. I have no issue with people playing demons and all that, just want to be sure that it is plausible via Hellsing universe and all that jazz ;D

-Miyr

Orochimaru

I know. lol. I'm just adjusting to your standard and talking to you about this so we both are on the same page of understanding. Would transforming into a demon form be acceptable with slightly increased strength and speed..again, slighty.

Miyr

Probably. What type of demon form are you thinking of? My Seras will transform as well, but it'll be her arms like they did in the manga~

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Nothing to fancy, just a body change so to speak. Into something like this really.

Miyr

Oh yeah that's totally kosher. Hell, would be freaking hilarious to play Seras going O.O *blink blink* Um. . . Hello Mister. . . . . . Muscles. . . . .

ehehehe my Seras will do transformations along these lines at first but the arms will evolve with time -hopefully- as the story progresses:

So now we just gotta figure out how to bring your character in :/ perhaps an old contact of Alucard's?

-Miyr

Orochimaru

That made me laugh to end. lol As I said, that's his demon form. for blending in with the humans. Something like this. Only, jet black hair and brown eyes.

Miyr

Y'know this should be totally fine! And I will be having Seras have "Blonde/Idiot" moments still. She just wouldn't be the same without them LOL. Now just to get this game rolling ;;>> So yeah Orochimaru, sounds pretty good to me, just do a character sheet etc with basic info and figure out a way to bring him in.

-Miyr

Hunter

Quote from: Miyr on August 11, 2010, 03:14:17 PM
I just don't want to introduce any Incognito/Alexander/Alucard level strong characters until we figure out the plot of the story more, because I haven't planned much out yet due to lack of interest or lack of participation.

Oh, I'm still here.  Being a very Alucardish lurking in the shadows.

Miyr

Well I am very tempted to consider this RP dead because there's been no posts to it. Granted, I've been pretty absent from E myself lately due to irl conflicts but it's been half a month since I last posted in the thread. So yeah. . . If there are people who're wanting to continue with this, drop a line in here or something.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Accounted for. Just been waiting word about the profile I sent you.

Miyr

Could have sworn I wrote a PM back but I guess not x.x Yes your profile looked fine. I may just offer to start a new game. ReijiTabibito has been speaking to me privately about doing a 1x1 but I'm not sure if I would like to play all of the characters that I would be shifted with if we did that game.... So perhaps I'll try to re-work something out for a new group game... ;;>>

-Miyr

Orochimaru

Whatever you decide is fine, but I do agree, playing all the characters in a 1 on 1 is....hard. Specially when it's originally a group game. Either way, I'm in and not quitting.

Miyr

Well I was thinking maybe each player playing a character and an OC or something... I'm not fully sure yet. My creativity is pretty out in left field... Will see if people respond to this.

-Miyr

Hunter

Miyr

Also been rolling around the possibility of going off the books instead of the 13 episode series, or just expressing more freedom with the characters.

-Miyr

DeviantMunster

I suppose I'll just go ahead and express potential interest in this game! Though, after reading all the posts, I'm still a little confused as to what direction it's going in.

I'd go ahead with an OC though... probably an unmodified Paladin. Though far from being a villain like Anderson was >.<

Miyr

Well we didn't even have a set idea laid out with what we were going to do. . . And the game appears to not be getting off of it's feet anytime soon, so I'm open to suggestions/theories as to what people would like to do with it.

-Miyr

Orochimaru

My muse is being cut short by my own group, G Gundam rp so. I got nothing right now except to maybe change is around to the fact that the vatacin (sp?) are supporting the freak vampires and then in turn they are killing them to expand their influence. *shrugs* Only a quick thought, but I do like long rps were you discover things like...My demon taking a interest in Seras....like every guy appearently. lol

Miyr

Well Reiji wanted me to play Heinkel and do a love interest with his OC. . . So we'll see how that goes. If someone else wants to take Heinkel I may let them etc. I also normally do FxF pairings, not FxM, so the whole hetero couple romance is a bit rusty in my book. . . Unless i'm playing the guy, then I'm fine cuz I got two of those going.

-Miyr

DeviantMunster

I think people tend to get caught up in giant, epic story lines easily without realizing the delight of some smaller scale events can provide. I can't help it but, generally, my favorite parts in any story is the beginning. When you're first stepping foot into a plot, learning about characters and where even a tiny rat is a threat to you.

I really loved Hellsing (and still do!) at the beginning, where simple vampires running around were the biggest threat, and people could hardly deal with them. A focus on horror and less on huge explosions and battles. We don't have to think of anything overly complicated to start things off, instead having some simple stories with vampires, or other creatures, to deal with. Perhaps Hellsing is hiring more mercenaries to replenish their numbers, something that can be used to draw in more PCs. Nothing has to be overly epic at the beginning, just some general bad guy to move things along with.

Miyr

And I'm totally fine with them just exterminating vampire nests for the start of this role play, or throughout the course of it. I mean, that allows for a lot of open room, and Hellsing always does need to hire on new creatures. I guess the huge stickler is when to place it, because of Alucard and Walter vanishing later on in the books. That and if we have beings that aren't human join in (demons and other non-humans) we gotta have a smart way to say how they came into play.

-Miyr