This is the Ultimate Showdown. Who do you want to be? Many characters open.

Started by Greg MD, June 17, 2009, 02:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg MD

Treena

hehe i am adding to my list as well now Yuna, Rikku, Lulu, and Paine from FF-X and FF-X2

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Greg MD

Awesome. Sorry for the delay everyone. It might be a little while before things get officially rolling. I'm trying for a larger turnout still looking around for new recruits.

Vandren

Still debating whether I'm interested.  Until then, I assume Erekose has yet to be claimed, correct?
"Life is growth.  If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead." -Morihei Ueshiba, O-Sensei

Idej

Quote from: jilorbb on June 19, 2009, 06:14:20 PM
I'd like to take a piece of this!

I claim.... Drizzt Do'Urden!

Well, I could decide to play as the patron Goddess that Drizzt worships.  Mieliekki it is?

Alright so here is my pick, he is Captain Jean-Luc Picard, he is Professor Charles Xavier, he is Patrick Stewart.

Greg MD

Quote from: Idej on June 27, 2009, 01:59:55 AM
Well, I could decide to play as the patron Goddess that Drizzt worships.  Mieliekki it is?

Alright so here is my pick, he is Captain Jean-Luc Picard, he is Professor Charles Xavier, he is Patrick Stewart.

Wise freakin choice!  :D This has potential to be epic.

Jefepato

Hm...on one hand, this is obscure for sure, but I find the idea hilarious.  (I feel kind of bad about it though, since one of jilorbb's first choices was from the same universe.)

Who better to fight in the Ultimate Showdown than the king of heroes himself?

jilorbb

Keala Mensha Khaine

OH SNAP! Love this song! Can I be Kaela Mensha-Khaine, the Bloody Handed God of Murder?! :D

upanddown4life

This is either going to be confusing or the most bad ass game ever.

I either want Sir Ian McKellen (Gandalf, Magneto etc.), Deadpool, Negi Springfield or The Maxx, with Deadpool (comics version. I don't need access to Van Wilder or the guy in Definitely, Maybe) as my preference.

Two questions: First, when you say they can use any character from their career, do you mean ANY character, even if they were only minor, one time characters? Because if so, Ian gets The Simpsons and Deadpool gets about half of the whole Marvel Universe.

Second, if I choose an author, can I use the characters they created?

Greg MD

Quote from: upanddown4sex on June 30, 2009, 12:30:39 PM
Two questions: First, when you say they can use any character from their career, do you mean ANY character, even if they were only minor, one time characters? Because if so, Ian gets The Simpsons and Deadpool gets about half of the whole Marvel Universe.

Second, if I choose an author, can I use the characters they created?

I'll answer the the second one first.

Yes you can, unless they've been claimed already. Also if you don't claim them by name here on this or the OOC board (still to come) and haven't written them into the game (when I finally get it started  :P ) then they are still up for grabs by other players.

upanddown4life

So if I chose (for example) Sir Ian, with Homer Simpson, Sideshow Bob, God, Sauron and Wolverine, is that what you mean by claiming them?

Greg MD

Quote from: upanddown4sex on June 30, 2009, 01:17:29 PM
So if I chose (for example) Sir Ian, with Homer Simpson, Sideshow Bob, God, Sauron and Wolverine, is that what you mean by claiming them?

Yes. Were you to do that however, I would in turn pose 2 questions to you:

A. Which version of 'God' are you referring? He's been on Family Guy, South Park, the Simpsons, etc. Might be best to pick only one---and also keep in mind that even if he's 'God' for the sake of our game he is not invincible nor can He kill any easier than anyone else (unless you arrange it with the player in advance)

B. Can you write equally for all of those characters? If you are claiming them primary characters you'll need to put them to equal use otherwise it's not fair to keep others from using them.

Greg MD

Sidenote not pertaining to my previous post just now. I'm considering not being the GM for this game any longer. I want to pass it off to someone else and start a new one with a more well thought out plan because judging by most of the characters listed by people in the beginning, the game is going in a far different direction than I originally planned. Anyone want to head the game?

Primarch

To this battle I shall bring Marvel's incarnation of Thor! Norse God of Thunder! Aided by his Avenger allies of course. :D

Greg MD

Quote from: Primarch on June 30, 2009, 01:54:13 PM
To this battle I shall bring Marvel's incarnation of Thor! Norse God of Thunder! Aided by his Avenger allies of course. :D

Epic!

So that figures, as soon as I opt to hand off the game to someone else, people start joining with familiar characters...*chuckles* I may just stay yet.

Sorry for the delays guys, as this is a game that will involve A LOT of interest I've been putting it on the back burner compared with games I already had going. I'll get up the OOC thread soon and message all of you to see if you're still interested.

jilorbb

Quote from: upanddown4sex on June 30, 2009, 01:17:29 PM

I don't think you should be able to claim God without saying exactly where that God is from.

Because there are many other Gods, heck even Allannis Morisette played God once.

upanddown4life

Quote from: Greg MD on June 30, 2009, 01:27:59 PM
Yes. Were you to do that however, I would in turn pose 2 questions to you:

A. Which version of 'God' are you referring? He's been on Family Guy, South Park, the Simpsons, etc. Might be best to pick only one---and also keep in mind that even if he's 'God' for the sake of our game he is not invincible nor can He kill any easier than anyone else (unless you arrange it with the player in advance)

B. Can you write equally for all of those characters? If you are claiming them primary characters you'll need to put them to equal use otherwise it's not fair to keep others from using them.

1. In this case, it would be God as seen on The Simpsons, the only one of those series I've ever seen or heard the real Ian McKellen on. And even with God, I had no intention of God-Moding. "You're all dead now because God says so." What fun would that be?

2. All of them, no. But that was an example. I doubt I would use more than three characters, probably two depending on which I end up on.
But where do you stand on mindless minions?

Greg MD

Minions are perfectly fine. If you play as Sauron and want to throw some Orcs at Laura Croft, go for it. Same for Homer Simpson. He can call upon Bart to help him out, as well as Maggie, Moe, Principal Skinner and so on. But if they are not your primary character, someone else can come along and ask to use them.

upanddown4life

Then I want Deadpool with Weasel and Bob: Agent of Hydra as my lackeys. I mean minions.

Greg MD

Quote from: upanddown4sex on June 30, 2009, 05:09:31 PM
Then I want Deadpool with Weasel and Bob: Agent of Hydra as my lackeys. I mean minions.

If they're going to be used as 'minions' or secondary characters would you mind not claiming them?  :D You can bring them in whenever you want because they are connected to Deadpool, but not claiming them gives other people the option to either claim them or use them as secondary characters as well.

upanddown4life

I don't know why anyone would pick Weasel or Bob: agent of Hydra by themselves, but okay. Just Deadpool.

Greg MD

Quote from: upanddown4sex on June 30, 2009, 06:16:57 PM
I don't know why anyone would pick Weasel or Bob: agent of Hydra by themselves, but okay. Just Deadpool.

Very true, I was thinking that as I wrote it, but I like to cover all bases in order to avoid being accused of defying my own rules.  :-) But yeah, as far as Bob and Weasel go, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say you've got free reign.

upanddown4life

Neat! I am gonna make them bring so many guns and Playboys! Ooo, the Drew Barrymore issue!

Greg MD

Wait, what the hell? Drew Barrymore in Playboy??? What month and year was that???