Coding issues.

Started by WanderingBlackDragon, May 19, 2017, 10:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WanderingBlackDragon

Working on a profile for a character and for some reason it turned out like this

Has this happened to anyone one before where the spoilers ended up going side-by-side instead of stacking atop one another, like normal? There's also that [/list] at the bottom. Before some reason I don't have any loose list coding laying around the post. What should I do?

Oreo

You didn't put a closing list tag here:

• Relatives: Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)[____*]

Sometimes the spoilers need more spaces between them so they don't stack.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

RampantDesires

I think you have an extra list floating in there  and a missing /li at this part

[li][u]Relatives:[/u] Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)
[list][li][u]Occupation:[/u] Superhero[/li][/list][/quote]

That list before occupation makes it think you're doing two lists and the since there is only one closing /list tag it automatically adds a second one there at the end of your post.  Just deleting that list before occupation and then adding [/li after (Paternal Grandmother) seems to fix it, for me at least!

General Information

• Birth Name: Edo Po Hill
  • Aliases: Ed (English name), Oni-Man (Guild Handle), Lurch, Freakazoid, lumox, The Impenetrable Lump, Igor, Onii-chan
  • Race/Ethnicity/Nationality: Oni-Human Hybrid/Eurasian/American, with Demonic Japanese ancestry
  • Birthdate:
  • Relatives: Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)

Code (Full section of fixed code) Select

[spoiler=General Information][list]
[li][u]Birth Name:[/u] Edo Po Hill[/li]
[li][u]Aliases:[/u] Ed (English name), Oni-Man (Guild Handle), Lurch, Freakazoid, lumox, The Impenetrable Lump, Igor, Onii-chan [/li]
[li][u]Race/Ethnicity/Nationality:[/u] Oni-Human Hybrid/Eurasian/American, with [s]Demonic[/s] Japanese ancestry[/li]
[li][u]Age:[/u]17[/li]
[li][u]Birthdate:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Relatives:[/u] Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)[/li]
[li][u]Occupation:[/u] Superhero[/li][/list]

[/spoiler]

They say best men are moulded out of faults, and, for the most part, become much more the better for being a little bad...
Absences 11/10 ≈ BlindfoldsRequests ≈  On's and Offs
<THIS SPACE PRETTIFIED SOON>
Tentatively Open to a few more 1v1's but also come write with me in Grey Matters--->

WanderingBlackDragon

Quote from: RampantDesires on May 20, 2017, 07:48:09 AM
I think you have an extra list floating in there  and a missing /li at this part

[li][u]Relatives:[/u] Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)
[list][li][u]Occupation:[/u] Superhero[/li][/list]

That list before occupation makes it think you're doing two lists and the since there is only one closing /list tag it automatically adds a second one there at the end of your post.  Just deleting that list before occupation and then adding [/li after (Paternal Grandmother) seems to fix it, for me at least!

General Information

• Birth Name: Edo Po Hill
  • Aliases: Ed (English name), Oni-Man (Guild Handle), Lurch, Freakazoid, lumox, The Impenetrable Lump, Igor, Onii-chan
  • Race/Ethnicity/Nationality: Oni-Human Hybrid/Eurasian/American, with Demonic Japanese ancestry
  • Birthdate:
  • Relatives: Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)

Code (Full section of fixed code) Select

[spoiler=General Information][list]
[li][u]Birth Name:[/u] Edo Po Hill[/li]
[li][u]Aliases:[/u] Ed (English name), Oni-Man (Guild Handle), Lurch, Freakazoid, lumox, The Impenetrable Lump, Igor, Onii-chan [/li]
[li][u]Race/Ethnicity/Nationality:[/u] Oni-Human Hybrid/Eurasian/American, with [s]Demonic[/s] Japanese ancestry[/li]
[li][u]Age:[/u]17[/li]
[li][u]Birthdate:[/u][/li]
[li][u]Relatives:[/u] Jack Hill (Father), Jiru Hill (Mother), Genma (Maternal Grandfather}, Hiroka (Maternal Grandmother), Leonard Hill (Paternal Grandfather), Margret Hill (Paternal Grandmother)[/li]
[li][u]Occupation:[/u] Superhero[/li][/list]

[/spoiler]

Well, that apparently did it, as you can see here.

Thanks for your help everyone!