[Exalted 2e] Something Something Realm

Started by ShadowFox89, April 22, 2012, 02:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

The Blessed Isle is in turmoil. The Realm is falling apart. The Empress has been missing for far too long. The Houses are making their bid for a new head of state. Anathema walk among the dragon princes in secret. The Realm needs a new leader. Are you the one?

Basic idea- Political intrigue game based in the Realm. Primary focus will be on House politics and individual goals, with little combat but a good deal of social stuff. The game won't always focus on the Blessed Isle though.

Exalt types- I'll open the game to Dragon-Bloods, Solars, Sidereals, Abyssals, Lunars, Infernals, and Alchemicals. That's right, all the exalt types. Note that I don't have much experience with Abyssals, Lunars, or Sidereals, so the mechanics on those will be a bit sketchy. And remember that playing an Anathema (including an Alchie in this case) will be dangerous for you. In addition, we will be going with standardized costs and bonus points instead of xp. That means everyone spends the same amount of bonus points as a solaroid character.

You should have the latest errata, as 2.5 will apply. If you want to play something other than the listed exalt types, ask. You could even play a heroic mortal if you really wanted to.

Just looking to see who is interested first. One thing I will want to know, is if all the players want to be under the same House, allies, or plot against each other.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Hmm I would be interested will have to get my hands on a 2e Exalted book and may need some help along the way cause i have only played exalted once and that was a dragon blooded.

Zaer Darkwail

I voice out interest to roleplay as dynast dragon-blood. As one fresh Lost Eggs adopted to house Tepet with expectional bloodline quality (for a lost egg that is). His prefered method to combat is to use five-dragon path martial arts combined with jade armor and using direlance (House of Bells graduate). Is basic concept ok?

ShadowFox89

You would still be paying Lost Egg price for Breeding, is that okay with you?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 22, 2012, 03:23:48 AM
You would still be paying Lost Egg price for Breeding, is that okay with you?

I allow it if you allow me take Destiny 5 background. Trust me, I have a very epic scaled background explain it and I give you full rights screw me over with it (if in return you give some awesome events or 'lucky chances' for my char which befits for Destiny 5 which could be compared to Scarlet Empress or Rand Al'Thorn level influence).

ShadowFox89

I'll have to look at the background.

You aren't born a Dynast, with their purer bloodline. It's going to cost more to have a better breeding.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

I know, it costs 4pts past 3 to increase the ranking right? So it costs 8 BP to have breeding 5 (assuming you spend 3pts from background slots to increase it to 3) instead 4 BP what born dynasts do.

But what about abilities; do I get requirement and bonus ability points to cover up basic training the dynasts get since toddler? As note I plan my background wise have similar eguilevant intense training despite I am not born dynast. Also do I get same amount of background dots if those extra dots cover mostly artifacts or resource kind of stuff? As I am after all adopted into house Tepet as full standing member so that itself would lend bonus background dots.

Anyways Destiny 5 just gives mechanic wise a pool of extra dices for moments which serve my 'destiny' or other epic moments. But if I call on the background in any other circumstance provide said dices, I get egual number of moments where I critically fail automatically (by ST's call) or other misfortune to happen to compensate for 'calling up my destiny' in moment which was not written as my destiny.

Example if my destiny is to slay a Yozi I could get freely the background granted dices example with duel against lieutenant of said Yozi but if I happen to to my destiny dice in rescuing a princess from a deathlord then ST can design 1-5 moments or rolls where I automatically fail (or tragic/negative event as to pay up calling the destiny dice in earlier moment).

Also overall Destiny background gives ST a excuse to throw other stuff which are beneficial to person who has it (heroic mortals and DB's can get this background, none exalted guys can get it). Beneficial stuff can be a free allies, a god granting a blessing which it has never given before or have otherwise overwhelming enemy perform a critical mistake when it normally would not.

Simply said; imagine Destiny background for creating ta'veren (check Wheel of Time dictionary for full meaning of the word) at Creation, a people who pull strings of fate/destiny to perform their destiny which matches the scope how many dots you have in it (and so any beneficial stuff also scale similarly). If someone would start as heroic mortal and have destiny 4-5, then their destiny could be simply as 'exalt as solar' and when they exalt they loose the background as their destiny has been fullfilled. Same case when char fullfills his destiny he looses the background.

ShadowFox89

I know what Destiny is. You can start off with the other stuff that a dynast gets, but the destiny will need to be appropriate. Giving yourself a destiny to rule the Realm and similar is automatically denied.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on April 22, 2012, 04:26:43 AM
I know what Destiny is. You can start off with the other stuff that a dynast gets, but the destiny will need to be appropriate. Giving yourself a destiny to rule the Realm and similar is automatically denied.

Damn, you just shot down my top one choice :P. Oh well, it does not change my background but this case scenario I let you decide what my exact destiny is then. I will send you the background in PM for approval. I just hope we get enough interest for this game so it takes off.

avorae

Iwould be interested in playing in this game. If possible i would like to play a half-caste but if not then I'll play a Solar.
Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

fallensaviour

Color me interested ill have to get my external hdd working so I can get the books though

AndyZ

I could see interest in playing either a Night or a Sidereal.  Maybe I could do a DB but I'm not as much a fan of them.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

ShadowFox89

@Avorae- No material from Scroll of Heroes, sorry.

@All- Good to see so much interest. I only have 3 basic rules which you should consider before seeking to join:
1) Please use past-tense 1st-person view for posts.
2) Please be able to post at least once every two or three days. If you cannot for some reason, let me know.
3) There are likely to be events in the game that will involve your character being forced to do things, including through physical force, blackmail/extortion, and mind control.

If you can't agree to all of these, please seek a game elsewhere.

Otherwise, just one more thing I'd like to know- Would you prefer everyone working under the same House (if so, please suggest one or we'll go with Tepet) or work alone for the most part?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

fallensaviour

I accept terms 1 and 2 with no questions and I accept 3 provided our ons /offs list is respected...or at the very least offs occur off screen

Zaer Darkwail

I accept the terms, if posts are frequent I also post frequently. Anyways I would not mind work (besides Tepet considering my char background) Cathak, Mnemon, Sesus or Cynis house.

Considering as metaplot; Tepet could be desperate enough perhaps do heretical scandal to avoid their house fall completely is perhaps employ discreetly solars or 'other anathema' bolster itself. Perhaps as idea by one the head elders of the house but not by all five. But to able use anathema their animas must be changed to look elemental aspect kind and there is celestial level sorcery (or heartstones and charms) to do that.

Chajesdad

I wish to voice a request for admittance, I would greatly enjoy an Immaculate of either Wood or Earth Dragon Style. Though I have a Fire Dragon Sorceror  concept that I have not utterly burned out yet. I have no concern about power discrepancies between Solar and Dragonblooded, as to the afore mentioned terms, I feel comfortable with each as long as we take care not to step on toes with Ons and Offs. I was thinking V'neef, as one of the smallest houses but in a strong position would offer a ton of opportunities.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

ShadowFox89

I'll probably limit the group size to 5, I don't want to take too many players on unless I can get a co-ST.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Hmm I'm fine with most of those request as long as limits are respected and well actually I wouldn't mind a more hodge poshest group cause I was looking to play a dragon blooded from look shy but if that's not what the group wants to go with I'll finagle something.

ShadowFox89

A Dragon-Blood from Exalted!Sparta in Exalted!China would get a lot of odd looks. And assassination attempts.

It might be better to go with a background that isn't likely to get you killed....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Zaer Darkwail

If this case DB from Lookshy has not somereason or another defected from Lookshy by marrying a exalted dynasts. If she is not assassinated she is openly a social outcaste in Dynast society consider grudge from two or three wars Realm hitted on Lookshy to try conquer it and failed each time.

ShadowFox89

I'm not saying don't go for it, but you'd have the same problems as any anathema hiding out on the Isle.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Marie Reynolds

Oh it's no problem I've been invited to another exalted game the look shy db will fit better their so ill come up with something more fitting for this one

ShadowFox89

So how are people doing with their ideas?

Zaer- Comet, dragon-blood
Avorae- ? Solar ?
Fallensaviour- ???
Chajesdad- Earth or Wood Aspect Immaculate?
MarieReynolds- ?
AndyZ-  Night? Sidereal? DB?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

AndyZ

Unfortunately, my Night caste idea would end up trying to sew chaos and get the Realm to destroy itself from the inside out, and I don't think you'd want that kind of character in your game.  Neither the Sidereal nor any DB ideas really manifested for me.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.