[Interest check] NWOD-Hunter the Vigil

Started by Elven Sex Goddess, November 18, 2009, 12:19:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elven Sex Goddess

I am looking to start a game of 'Hunter the Vigil' 

The cell is part of the 'Task force: Valkyrie', a world wide conspiracy network.  That draws it's members from regular military, special forces from all different nations. 
Tier 3

Cell leader is captain Amanda Dante,  commanding officer of 'Omega' squad.

Recruiting for 5 more members to fill the Omega squad.
Starting Level; 25 experience, 12 practical experience

Recruiting for 2 players to run antagonists. 
Note; I will confer with in private on builds.

No other type of character allowed, strictly a Hunter game.

Cold Heritage

I'd be interested. What are you looking for from recruits?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Elven Sex Goddess

The squad are all members of the Task force Valkyrie.  Endowment is Advance weaponry.

Now as for what is needed, what professions that would be good.  Doctor (medic),  Engineer (squad grease monkey),  Hacker (squad geek),  Hit man (sniper),  Religious leader (chaplain), Soldier (GI Joe). Technician (demolitions)

Some ideas for characters types in the squad. 

DeviantMunster

I actually may be interested in this! Did you want realistic photos to go along with out character bios then?

Elven Sex Goddess

Not required, though be nice if people did. 

Revolverman

Do you need a Doc or Engineer more? I am interested in both of them.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: KR Decade on November 18, 2009, 08:06:54 AM
Do you need a Doc or Engineer more? I am interested in both of them.

As of right now both are open, so I will leave that up to you.  Which ever one you like to play more.  A field trauma surgeon or the grease monkey. 

Revolverman

I'll take the Engineer/grease monkey then.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: KR Decade on November 18, 2009, 01:30:55 PM
I'll take the Engineer/grease monkey then.

Great, and to help you with what skills to choose.   The squad will have the following that I am going to give out of the WOD armory, for the squad for use in accomplishing missions given out.

Off road SUV
2-dirt bikes
Helicopter-gunship

Elven Sex Goddess

Those recruited for playing the antagonists.   Will also be tasked with other npc characters that are spot characters in the chronicle.  In helping to flesh out the world.

Also I have found a character generator for character creation online.  Here is the link.

http://sheetgen.dalines.net/wiki/WikiStart

Cold Heritage

I guess I'll try for a GI Joe type. Should we give you a concept first, or just send along a sheet?

Darlusk

:O What sorts of antagonists do you need? Something from the other games (Mage, vampire, Werewolf, etc) or just something built up with the dread power sort of system?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 18, 2009, 06:36:04 PM
I guess I'll try for a GI Joe type. Should we give you a concept first, or just send along a sheet?

Send both,  the concept and sheet.

Quote from: Darlusk on November 18, 2009, 07:59:50 PM
:O What sorts of antagonists do you need? Something from the other games (Mage, vampire, Werewolf, etc) or just something built up with the dread power sort of system?

Those that join to run antagonist and npcs.   It is not create your own personal character.  The antagonist is a baddie npc.   It was to open up letting others into the game, that did not want to be invested full time.   So they could play spot characters here and there.    Not to be able to power build and become invested in the characters.   If I don't build the baddie, rest assure I will apply tight restraints to make sure they say inline with the power level.   However, I am also open to suggestions for possible arcs.  Thou these will also be moderated to ensure game balance.   And yes these will come from other games. 

Cold Heritage

If I want a gun, do I have to buy the resources merit, or will we get some standard issue?

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 18, 2009, 09:51:57 PM
If I want a gun, do I have to buy the resources merit, or will we get some standard issue?

Keeping with the motif of it being a special forces unit, in dealing with supernaturals.   Since military, everyone is issued a side arm (Glock 22).  Anything else the individuals will need to get. 

Cold Heritage

Since I just lost my sheet that I had finished because that site decided to log me out, and since I can't justify and don't want to buy Resources 4 to have a real gun and body armour . . . I'm out.

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Cold Heritage on November 18, 2009, 10:45:08 PM
Since I just lost my sheet that I had finished because that site decided to log me out, and since I can't justify and don't want to buy Resources 4 to have a real gun and body armour . . . I'm out.

There is other ways to acquire what you want with out having to ramp up the resources.   But from the lack of maturity  when don't get what you want handed to you.  It is fully noted that your out. 

Darlusk

Quote from: Elven Sex Goddess on November 18, 2009, 08:45:40 PM
Send both,  the concept and sheet.

Those that join to run antagonist and npcs.   It is not create your own personal character.  The antagonist is a baddie npc.   It was to open up letting others into the game, that did not want to be invested full time.   So they could play spot characters here and there.    Not to be able to power build and become invested in the characters.   If I don't build the baddie, rest assure I will apply tight restraints to make sure they say inline with the power level.   However, I am also open to suggestions for possible arcs.  Thou these will also be moderated to ensure game balance.   And yes these will come from other games.

Oh that's fine, I just wanted to make sure that such characters wouldn't just be the hutner game's streamlined ones. I'm fine with working with premade ones or tightly restricted characters so long as they're from the other games, not the back of the book :P. So if you still need antagonists I'd be happy to assist :)

Muse

Is it your desire for the villains to be traditional slasher-monsters with subtlety, or will your team occasionally be hunting a 'sexual predator' sort?  (Like a vampire isn't.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Muse on November 19, 2009, 12:12:22 PM
Is it your desire for the villains to be traditional slasher-monsters with subtlety, or will your team occasionally be hunting a 'sexual predator' sort?  (Like a vampire isn't.)

Yes and no in answer.   At first no, as I really do not want it to get side track as merely an outlet for sexual cyber play as the driving force of the chronicle.   So more in the beginning hack and slash.  Baddies that need to be put down with extreme prejudice.

On the flip side, yes in long term.  A sub plot woven in, to give substance and depth to the chronicle.  Not just a sexual predator but also one that emotionally ties up the characters.   

Through right now pretty much set with people wanting to play antagonists.   Need more players to play hunters on the team. 

Sorsha

I want to play and I have a female Japanese/Navaho Marines Scout Sniper with matial arts and also Samurai skills.
History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Sorsha on November 20, 2009, 04:53:11 PM
I want to play and I have a female Japanese/Navaho Marines Scout Sniper with matial arts and also Samurai skills.

cool and welcome. 

Sorsha

Where is the game thread located--can you give me the link?  Also Cold Heritage mentioned something about resources,  it ther a game system for this game?
History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark.  ----Lord John Warfin in Buckaroo Banzai

Ons and Offs

Elven Sex Goddess

Quote from: Sorsha on November 22, 2009, 11:39:54 AM
Where is the game thread located--can you give me the link?  Also Cold Heritage mentioned something about resources,  it ther a game system for this game?

No link yet, as the game is still in the recruiting stage.  Though I hope to create a ooc in a few days.

To the second part, yes it is a system based game.   For which you will need World of Darkness Core rule book and Hunter the Vigil core book.

Sorsha

IS there any way of getting them on line?

Ons and Offs