The Legacy of House Talonius [Pathfinder, Plot, NC] (Closed)

Started by Foxfyr, January 25, 2012, 10:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

You could always build a multiclassing rogue. Does summoner have the spells for arcane trickster later on?

Zaer Darkwail

Summoner is class which you must stick on to get any benefit from it really. For evolution points. Also it's spell-alike ability to summon swarm of monsters is based on class level than CL.

Callie Del Noire

Foxfyr

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on January 28, 2012, 07:52:09 PM
yeh, Ehren could cover role as stealthy trap disarming type :P. Altough my char knows how to sneak and has decent perception check but he is really the talker/diplomat type.

Ehren doesn't have Disable Devise as a class skill.  Also, his presence is largely needed to oversee Garados, so he won't be able to go with the group on a fair number of missions unless there is some serious coaxing involved.  Especially if they're venturing far out of the area.  Since he's the one that oversees the day-to-day operations of the village, your town will suffer penalties to growth when he is away for prolonged periods of time.

Just so you know.  :P

NicciKotor

If we have a summoner then we don't need a rogue. The summons can just step into traps and take down any doors that are in our way.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Bloody Rose

Callie Del Noire

We could use a trickster/roguely type.. despick nikki's suggestion of doing the 'Bard's Tale' trap finding method.

Bloody Rose

Ershin

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 28, 2012, 08:25:26 PM
Sorry I didn't mean to run anyone off.
Don't worry about it, it gave me a little time to see what my options might be.

Option one would be to multiclass rogue for a level, meaning stealth, disable device, trapfinding and 1d6 sneak attack tacked onto the eidolon form. Too bad Pathfinder trapfinding's not as good as its 3.5 counterpart. With the half-elf favored class alternative when using a summoner, the loss of one evolution point wouldn't be noticed. Wouldn't be able to dimension-door once per day and have one less second level casting, but oh well.

Alternatively, since we're allowed two traits "Conspiracy Hunter" gives stealth as a class skill and "Vagabond Child" gives disable device. I think these two would probably be easy to spin into a background together, (short version, began to suspect the people she was left in the care of were conspiring to use her for political gain due to her lineage, ran away or... something, proper details yet to be written out).

Ooooor... I could just be a rogue or a ranger. A little lot less interesting, but easier than the shenanigans listed above.

Muse

While that is true, and I don't normaly recomend multiclassing in Pathfinder, consider this. 

The only time it matters that something is a class skill in Pathfinder is when you put the first rank in it. 

Do as you said and take one level of Rogue.  STart your important rogue skills at this level. 

Level 2, multiclass into summoner and continue devoting some of your skills to being a good rogue.  Use your favored abilties on extra skills instead of extra evolutions.  You could make a pretty solid summoner'/trapspringer that way. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Mysterica

Well...  Should a rogue still be needed, I could always pick up some thieves tools and join.  I've always been rather find of rogues.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Muse on January 29, 2012, 06:35:52 AM
While that is true, and I don't normaly recomend multiclassing in Pathfinder, consider this. 

The only time it matters that something is a class skill in Pathfinder is when you put the first rank in it. 

Do as you said and take one level of Rogue.  STart your important rogue skills at this level. 

Level 2, multiclass into summoner and continue devoting some of your skills to being a good rogue.  Use your favored abilties on extra skills instead of extra evolutions.  You could make a pretty solid summoner'/trapspringer that way.

Or if GM allows you could have learned unique evolution which allows trapfinding feature for your eidolon form. Kind of like supernatural trap sense detection or something.

Quote from: Mysterica on January 29, 2012, 06:52:20 AM
Well...  Should a rogue still be needed, I could always pick up some thieves tools and join.  I've always been rather find of rogues.

Well, feel free roll up char then :).

Foxfyr

@ Ershin - Go ahead and make the summoner class you originally wanted.

@ Mysterica - If you're interested in filling the rogue slot, please submit a CS. Though it leaves me with one more player than I planned, I can still work with it easily enough. :-)

Ershin

Quote from: Loki Aesir on January 29, 2012, 10:00:45 AM
@ Ershin - Go ahead and make the summoner class you originally wanted.
*snip*
Though it leaves me with one more player than I planned, I can still work with it easily enough

Though the background of the game's really nicely planned out and city expansion/management games tend to be really interesting, I'm going to rescind interest. I just don't want to make any trouble if it turns out there's one more person than you were originally planning for, especially if I'd be taking a class type that was already covered by both the wizard (except not as good at magic) AND the fighter (except not as good at hitting things).

Thank you very much for your consideration though.

Mysterica

Here she is. 

http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=9364

Melody, one of the first daughters of Gaius Talonius born from a beautiful elven woman had a unique childhood growing up living alone with her elven mother who had always treated her like a little baby even as she was approaching full maturity as elves just don't have the same kind of sense of time as the other races and Melody would unfortunately be halfway through her life before her mother would see her as anything other than just a child.

What her mother didn't see was that Melody was rapidly growing into a beautiful young woman and spent a great deal of time outside playing.   Climbing anything she could, practice fighting with the local kids, playing hide and seek, the list goes on and on and all the while she found ways to learn something from the games.

When one day the girl was visited and given the word to visit the home of her father to receive her inheritance, she was all for it though she had to convince her mother to let her leave.  In the end, she traveled her mother to allow her to do so by challenging the once adventurer to a fight, and while she lost the fight, she earned her mother's respect, gained her blessing to leave the nest, and was even given her old adventuring gear to help keep her safe on her own travels.

(Btw, I DID buy the equipment, I simply needed some story so I described it that way.)

Foxfyr

Looks good, go ahead and post in the IC and throw up a quick bio. :-)

Callie Del Noire

NicciKotor

Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy