Court of Dreams - Modern Fantasy [Recruitment]

Started by Wistful Dream, April 26, 2021, 10:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wistful Dream

Twenty years ago all the myths and legends of old entered the world and humans abruptly weren't alone anymore, their cities and towns reshaped by the lowering of the Barrier that brought magic to the mundane. In New York City a tenuous peace between the fae and humanity exists, encouraged by the Lord of Dreams who rules half the city as his personal territory. Come explore the city and the stories of those who live within it...

When the millennium approached humanity knew something was going to happen, a sense they couldn't shake, the world as they knew it to change forever. The expectation was that their technology would experience a catastrophic failure and hinder systems increasingly dependent on internet and computers. Y2K, as it was named, never happened. Instead what has become known as the Barrier-Fall occurred on midnight as the year turned from 1999 to 2000. Waking up to the new year meant waking up into a new world... one where dragons, orcs, faerie and creatures from myth now lived along side humanity.

The first months were violent as creatures from myth and lore claimed their own space and humans tried to hold dominance. Any attempts of human superiority dwindled rapidly in the face of wild magic and dragon fire, not to mention the fact that almost any of the Others as they were labeled, could devastate the humans that attempted to over power them. Humanity developed certain weapons that could handle some of the abilities of the Fae but in the end it was clear they were on the losing side of the conflict and so peace treaties were written up, territories drawn and with the Accords in place life settled, for the most part, into a new normal.

On each continent a Court was established by a powerful being of magic that lead the Fae for that land, a place where humans could petition, should they choose for entrance into land claimed now by the others. When humanity started to discover mages among them the numbers surged for a time, people seeking training and safety, but so did Human First sentiment. It could not stand, the vicious whispers urged, for humans to be displaced, for the world that was theirs to be taken. The Fae did not care for such thoughts, and clashes between the creatures of myth and humans skirted just below triggering a breaking of the Accords, an uneasy truce where humans resented the limitations on their power and the Others tried to repair the damage done to the earth.

The year is now 2021, and our world is now blended with technology and magic, in some places working together, in others at odds with the simmering tension of a world contested just beneath the surface.

Welcome to New York City.

In 2021 the city is home not only to some of the most creative minds and sharp businessfolk in America, at it's heart, in what was once Central Park lays the Court of Dreams, ruled by a mysterious figure rumored to be one of the most powerful beings in the world. But gossip like that is common, and so far the Lord of Dreams hasn't felt the need to show his power, or sharp fangs. The city is now divided, Manhattan, the Bronx and Staten Island considered part of his territory where humans and the Fae are to live together in peace at his behest. Police work the streets, same as in Queens and Brooklyn, but they report to the Master of the Hunt of the Court, rather than to a police chief. It is the Lord's justice, and his law, that rules within his territory.

He finds humanity interesting, amusing, and permits them to function without restraint. Any who speak of the Court of Dreams know that it's ruler focused on free will rather than ruling as a tyrant. In that his Court is perhaps the most liberated in the world, and certainly the best known for it's decadent ways; he is, after all, a satyr and the wine is always flowing.

The city itself is ruled by a Council, made up of the Lord of Dreams, his chosen advisers as well as the human component of mayor over the human section, police chief and a select board. And so the city thrives, never fully sleeping, with orcs and shifters working alongside humans, carriages sharing the road with cars and many people still run away to seek out a chance for something more, something better than what they've known before. And well, at least the Lord of Dreams doesn't seem to only think of humans as clever meat.

At the heart of his Court is the rift, the wild heart of magic that is the beating pulse of the world, it is the center of every Court. The closer you are to it the more power he has over reality itself, and the more fae powers are enhanced, time slowing or altering to the Lord's whim. Unlike many of the Lords and Ladies that rule their Courts the Lord of Dreams tries to impact it as little as possible, to keep his territory running on human time, the whole of the city is affected when his power rules time; and it is rumored that when an attack on an elementary school that welcomed both Fae and human children killed several innocents over a decade ago half of North America was frozen for hours.

In the Court

Lord of Dreams (Bibliophilia)
Master of the Hunt (BlueEyedBard)
Steward (Haloriel)
Chief Healer (Caela)
Mistress of Wine (Wistful Dream)

----

Assistant to any of the Council
Bard
Guard
etc

Human Land

Mayor of the City (any gender)
Police Chief (Phobetor)
Head of Mage Council (Lior)
Human Liaison (any gender)
Head of Public Affairs (any gender)

----

Police Officers
Journalists
etc

If you have other ideas not listed out please feel free to reach out to either GM to see if it fits the game.

Any mythological or magical race can fit into this setting, the known ones that are around humans often are as follows. The list below is not exhaustive, please PM with any ideas you have; this game is not meant to be Western myth and fantasy exclusive.

The Barrier Breakers, seven figures of immense power, are similar to gods but are strongest in their own seats of power. There is a range of power and strength among the Others, though they tend to have quicker reflexes, sharper senses and greater strength than humans. While the magical creatures do have power they also face limits if they are in adverse conditions, and exhaustion with the greater the affect of the power they use the higher it's cost on them physically.

Giants
Centaurs
Satyrs
Sphinx
Mermaids/sirens/selkies
Elves/high fae
Dryads/nymphs

Dragons
Brownies
Trolls
Kelpies
Goblins
Orcs
Shifters - any animal

The method by which the Court of Dreams conducts court business most closely resembles the democratic government of Ancient Greece, but with alterations to suit the needs of Cer and his domain.  Cernunnos is the ruler of his domain, but any issue brought before the Lord of Dreams is discussed and debated among his council of advisors as well.  Each member of the council gets a vote on what is done, and no one's vote - including Cer's - is any more or less weighty than any other.

The council members themselves are elected to their posts by a majority vote of all members of Cer's court who have sworn their allegiance to it and remain in good standing.  Any issue which affects the members of the court as a whole is brought before an assembly of those who wish to participate in the governance of the realm and they are allowed to vote on it individually, with a majority rule.

The laws of the Court of Dreams are enforced by the Master of the Hunt and their Hunters, who bring anyone accused of wrongdoing before the Lord of the Court, who then hears the evidence against them and decides, along with his council, whether to hold a trial or disregard the accusations as spurious.  Trials are held before the assembly, and the guilt or innocence of the accused is decided upon by the people, as is the punishment for the crime should they be found guilty.

The harshest punishments, banishment or death, are saved for the most egregious crimes, and only when the evidence is utterly incontrovertible.  When execution is decreed, the punishment is delivered with a swift and painless efficiency by Cernunnos himself; the executions aren't done before an audience, though members of his council are allowed to sit in attendance should they choose.  Banishment - for fae - means being sent back through the Rift to the Fae realm, and for humans means being denied entry to the Court of Dreams for the duration of their sentence.

Wistful Dream

In Character Rules of the Court

1 ~ Within the boundaries of the territory the Lord's rule is the only law.
2 ~ Violence against minors/younglings is not permitted.
3 ~ Rape is punishable by death.
4 ~ Imposing on the free will of another within the Court is not permitted.

Character Rules

1 ~ All characters must be at least eighteen years of age.
2 ~ Inform GMs of lulls in activity, if a character is inactive for more than two weeks without
     notice they will be deemed inactive.
3 ~ During the first month OOC only three characters may be created per player.
     After the first month of activity additional characters may be created with a cap of ten per player.
4 ~ All Fae characters must have a flaw.

Game Rules

1 ~ Avoid creating or participating in drama.  If you have an issue with another player contact the GMs.
2 ~ Posts should be written in third person, past tense.
3 ~ Treat other writers with respect. If they decline a connection do not take it personally.
4 ~ Do not god mode without explicit permission from the characters affected.
5 ~ Tag your posts for any sexual/graphic content, particularly anything above light.
6 ~ Avoid possessiveness, this game is not meant to be monogamous.
7 ~ Avoid slurs of any sort, shaming for kink, sexuality, race, etc is not permitted.

The rating for this game will be Extreme due to the potential for violence and conflict. However as the setting is within the Lord of Dream's territory abuse to minors (below 18), and rape are not permitted in this story. Additionally dubious consent must be worked out between player characters prior and should keep in mind that anything that is truly unwilling will result in vicious punishment for the perpetrator.

All content should be tagged for anything graphic, violence or sex related.

The Court of Dreams does practice BDSM, and players are more than welcome to explore any dynamic they wish within the guidelines of safe, sane and consensual. Safe for mythological beings is obviously far different than for humans.

Max Age for Others characters?
Please keep your characters no more than 600. Only the Council Members are older.

What was the Fae realm like before the Barrier-Breaking?
Their world was similar and yet different; they had after all centuries, with time moving differently for them compared to humans, and while they did not use technology they did have magic and refined it to a society that was advanced in it's own right. There were large cities with mix of creatures use to living together, as well as territories claims by particular races or loose alliances. Some of their cities and settlements came through with the Barrier Breaking, and so there are places like an Fae city in up state New York where before there was only wild forest. While the two realms overlapped each other both sides felt certain pushes from the other, and so major human cities were largely empty spaces in their own world, and in ours the uncharted areas, the parks, the national forests were in fact Fae settlements, though they looked different from how humans built of course. There is some bleed over, and those places are called in slang Barrier blurs where a human city and a tree city of the fae might be mixed.

With over twenty years of the Others being part of the world are half breeds a thing?
Half bloods/breeds are entirely a thing, though far more common in places that have diverse blending of people of course. Half bloods typically will be a power disadvantage against a pure blooded Fae, depending on the type and power of their parents of course. Similar to with the races, if it has a basis in fantasy or mythology just run it past us. Please be aware that any half blood would still needs the same flaw in power and weaknesses that a full Fae character requires.

Are there off limits powers, or limits to powers?
The main purpose of this game is to play in a sandbox of modern fantasy - not to go about wrecking cities or building cults. Magic is a plus to the setting, but it should not be abused. The most powerful character in game is the Lord of Dreams; this will not change, the other characters on the same power scale will be NPCs. Powers should match the character's race and legends, and must be balanced out by flaws. Below is a list of off limits powers, and the GMs reserve the right to require abilities to be adjusted if abused.

- Nothing limiting free will of another.
- Nothing that causes alterations to the setting or game on a mass scale. (i.e. earthquakes, leveling a city block, etc)

Can characters do cooperative magic to boost their ability/reach/power for a specific purpose?
Yes, but this is going to be limited to the more 'magic' based characters, like fae or human mages. Cooperative magic on a large scale will require GM approval OOC, and Lord of the Dreams approval IC. For example, he might approve two weather gifted individuals working to bring rain in response to a drought. Anything done outside of Court approval is considered 'illegal magic' and while human mages might think themselves above the rule of the Court historically offenders have ended up facing justice for any wrong doing at the Lord's mercy, or lack of it.

Can magic be used in a dubious consent scene?
Use of magic to get consent is not considered dubious consent in this game, it is considered along the lines of a date drug or anything else that would impair a person from consenting to a situation. This is not permitted by the laws of the Court.

Are there side effects for Fae in human ruled land, or humans in Fae territory?
Yes.

For the Fae creatures the more tech and cold metal they are around the more it can damper their magic. A lower powered Fae might well end up almost muted around sky scrapers with no nature around them. They also find themselves caught by the linear human time. For the humans the closer they get to the wild magic that leaks from the Rift each Court is built around the more loosely time passes, and if they are exposed to raw magic itself it can be an euphoric, drug like haze.

Others - human term for any fae.
Breakers - the seven primordial powers that broke the barriers between the realms.
Demifae - those of human and fae bloodline.
Halfblood - human slang for human and fae bloodlines.
Faerie fucker - a human in a relationship with a fae.

Wistful Dream

Please PM profiles to Wistful Dream & Bibliophilia for approval.

CHARACTER NAME
AFFILIATION

Age | Age Appears:
Birthday:
Gender Identity:
Sexual Orientation:
BDSM Identity: Top/Switch/Bottom
Race: If not listed in Races please confirm with GMs

Faceclaim: (human form)
Hair & Eye Color:
Height:
Body Build: (lean, curvy, muscled, etc)
Special Features: (tattoos, piercings, horns, wings, etc)

Personality: List at least seven defining traits. example: Bright | Playful | Curious | Passionate | Loyal | Stubborn | Vain

History: At least three paragraphs.

DISLIKES

TALENTS

INEPTITUDES

DELETE THIS SECTION IF NO POWERS

Abilities: (No more than one major ability without GM approval, limit of four minor)
✦ ABILITY - (major/minor) - (description here)

Flaws: At least three. At least one major.
✦ FLAW - (major/minor) - (description here)

Environment Boost: (cold, heat, forest, water, etc)

Environment Weakness:

Please note (R) for receiving, (G) for giving, (B) for both. Delete this line prior to submitting profile.

Ons

To Explore

Offs

[float=right][img height=300 padding=20]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img]
[center][img height=100 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][img height=100 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][img height=100 padding=5]https://i.imgur.com/CmmuUkZ.png[/img][/center][/float][center][font=times new roman][size=18pt]CHARACTER NAME[/size]
[size=14pt]AFFILIATION[/size][/font][/center]

[font=times new roman][size=10pt][b]Age | Age Appears:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Gender Identity:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]BDSM Identity:[/b] [i]Top/Switch/Bottom[/i]
[b]Race:[/b] [i]If not listed in Races please confirm with GMs[/i]
[b]Occupation:[/b]

[b]Faceclaim:[/b] (human form)
[b]Hair & Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Body Build:[/b] (lean, curvy, muscled, etc)
[b]Special Features:[/b] (tattoos, piercings, horns, wings, etc)

[/size][/font]

[hr]

[font=times new roman][size=10pt][b]Personality:[/b] List at least seven defining traits. [i]example: Bright | Playful | Curious | Passionate | Loyal | Stubborn | Vain[/i]

[b]History:[/b] At least three paragraphs.

[/size][/font]

[center][table][tr][td][/td]

[td]  [/td]

[td]  [/td]

[td]   [/td]

[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]LIKES[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]
[font=times new roman][size=10pt]

[/size][/font]
[/td]

[td]         [/td]

[td]         [/td]
[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]DISLIKES[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font][/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]TALENTS[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font]
[/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]INEPTITUDES[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font]
[/td][/tr][/table][/center]
[hr]

[center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][b]DELETE THIS SECTION IF NO POWERS[/b][/size][/font][/center]

[font=times new roman][size=10pt][b]Abilities:[/b] [i](No more than one major ability without GM approval, limit of four minor)[/i]

[b]Flaws:[/b] [i]At least three. At least one major.[/i]

[b]Environment Boost:[/b] (cold, heat, forest, water, etc)

[b]Environment Weakness:[/b]
[/size][/font]

[hr]

[center][font=times new roman][size=12pt][i]Please note (R) for receiving, (G) for giving, (B) for both. Delete this line prior to submitting profile.[/i][/size][/font][/center]

[center][table][tr][td][/td]

[td]  [/td]

[td]  [/td]

[td]   [/td]

[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]Ons[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font]
[/td]

[td]         [/td]

[td]         [/td]
[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]To Explore[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font][/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td]             [/td]

[td][center][font=times new roman][size=14pt][i][b]Offs[/b][/i][/size][/font][/center]
[hr]

[/size][/font]
[/td][/tr][/table][/center]

Approved Character Sheet Example

Adrianna McCoy
Undecided

Age | Age Appears: 20 | NA
Birthday: December 14th
Gender Identity: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious
BDSM Identity: Bottom
Race: Half-breed : unknown IC, suspected siren bloodline

Faceclaim: Ellana Bryan
Hair & Eye Color: Blond and deep blue eyes | Fae form silver blond hair and violet eyes
Height: 5'8
Body Build: Curvy
Special Features: None, yet, has not fully awakened fae powers.

Personality: Inquisitive | Optimist | Intelligent | Stubborn | Impatient | Passionate

History: Adrianna had an entirely typical human childhood for someone born post Barrier Fall; the third child of the McCoy's in Boston with an older sister and brother both. The family lived in a cozy suburb, comfortable money wise and in a space that was strong in human power. She was raised to be cautious of Others, taught that they would try to manipulate for their advantage always. She did well in school, a bright happy child who got along with everyone she met, if perhaps a bit too curious for her own good. Addie was always more of a physical person than a studious one, loving moving, dancing, and singing, prone to easy laughter and slow temper. Her voice attracted attention, with her ending up in choirs at school and often earning soloist roles. The girl eagerly volunteered for training and lessons to hone her natural talent.

She made friends easily, for all her natural ability to end up the center of attention, a generous spirit who always wanted to share her luck with others. It was second nature for her to build up others, and remaining humble, easy going. Graduating with decent grades and scholarship offers due to her vocal abilities she chose to go to a university in Boston to remain close to her family. Her life was neat, perfectly charmed in many ways as she found she loved college and started writing her own songs, forming a band with the hope of making it big. Even Others seemed to enjoy her singing, though she remained cautious around them due to her childhood teachings. Her twentieth birthday changed everything though.

Performing in a concert with her band for a holiday party her voice was different that night, it was almost magical. Her band mates forgot to play their own instruments, and she found she couldn't stop singing once she had started, her voice filling the space of the entertainment venue. After their set people swarmed toward her, wanting to talk to her, to touch her, and unsettled she called it an early night. It was not the end of the oddness though, her voice even in every day speaking seemed to have power over others. Getting a free coffee or a discount on a Christmas present shifted to people thrusting gifts at her, trying to find a reason to be closer to her. Christmas was what shattered everything, when singing Christmas carols had her family dazed afterward. Addie tried to act like it was nothing, but later that night her brother attempted to pin her down and take her, terrifying her and revealing information that she was adopted. Escaping her brother's assault she found her uncle with the same glazed, lusty look in his eyes and after packing a hasty bag she fled her family home and headed north, to New York City, hoping that if she lost herself in the bustle of the territory of the Court of Dreams her voice would go unremarked. A girl who was prone to laughter, teasing and singing often swiftly fell into the habit of speaking as little as possible, not wanting that glazed look to come into anyone's eyes while she tried to search out just what was happening to her.

✦ The ocean.
✦ Music, all kinds.
✦ Poetry.
✦ Yoga.
✦ White chocolate.
✦ Raspberries.
✦ Seafood.
✦ Sushi.
✦ ABBA.
✦ Broadway.

DISLIKES

✦ Rudeness.
✦ Entitlement.
✦ Snakes.
✦ Cauliflower.
✦ Dentists.

TALENTS

✦ Singing.
✦ Charming people.
✦ Writing songs.
✦ Swimming.

INEPTITUDES

✦ Patience.
✦ Heavy reading.
✦ Running.
✦ Math.

Abilities:
Siren Voice - (Major) - Awakening power. Her voice pulls people to her, without focus it hazes their minds and produces a desire to touch and be near. If she asks for something or says to do something it is nearly impossible for most to resist her voice. This is due to her lack of training in the ability, just raw power. Will update notes as she learns how to control and refine it.
Water Breath - (Minor) - Awakening power. Ability to breath underwater, this was shown previously in her ability to hold her long for extended periods of time underwater but the truth of it is that Adrianna can breath water and air both. This ability will be refined.
Water Manipulation - (Minor) - Awakening power. Water reacts to her, if her temper is triggered water will react to her agitation, this also helps her move faster while in water. This ability will be refined.
True Desire - (Minor) - Like the mermaids and sirens of old Addie is able to understand what someone's true desire in a given moment is; in the past she's just read this as being empathetic and thoughtful but as her powers awaken further it's clear this is a magical gift. 
Allure - (Minor) - While her voice is the heart of Adrianna's power she also has the compelling beauty that draws notice even when she's silent, her smile and attention enough to make eyes linger on her. As her power wakes she becomes a little more unearthly beautiful in the way of the Fae every day.

Flaws:
Lack of Control - (Major) - Her powers are just now awakening and she has absolutely no control over them. Having been taught to fear the fae any expression of magic from herself tends to make her agitated and fearful, which increases the negative response of her power while also increasing it and leaving chaos in it's wake in how people respond to her.
Fear - (Minor) - Raised on the belief that magic was wrong Adrianna is incredibly fearful of her own power, but also the strength of others in the world she now has to live in far from the cozy suburb she grew up in that was painfully human. In conflict unless her temper is provoked she falters out of fear and often is completely helpless.
Human Raised - (Minor) - Raised by humans Adrianna missed out on learning countless things about being fae, and does not know how to handle the changes happening to her body, her enhanced senses often startle her and leave her anxious and frightened. Additionally she does not understand how the Court functions, or have much knowledge beyond very basic human understanding about the various types of fae.

Environment Boost: Water. Coastal areas.

Environment Weakness: Desert, or any place without access to water.

Ons

✦ Kissing
✦ Cuddling
✦ Flirting
✦ Oral (B)
✦ Fingering (R)
✦ Hair pulling (R)
✦ Teasing (B)
✦ Extended foreplay
✦ Dirty talking
✦ Vocal partners
✦ Toys
✦ Blindfolds (R)

To Explore

✦ Collars & Leash (R)
✦ Markings - biting, nails, etc (B)
✦ Spanking (R)
✦ Sensation play (R)
✦ Impact play (R)
✦ Crawling (G)
✦ Submission (G)
✦ Gags (R)
✦ "Good girl" (R)
✦ Bondage gear - cuffs, spreader bars, etc (R)
✦ Exhibitionism/Voyuerism (B)
✦ Group sex
✦ Begging (G)
✦ Lap sitting

Offs

✦ Scat
✦ Watersports
✦ Gore
✦ Vore
✦ Age regression play
✦ Degradation
✦ Needle play
✦ Medical play
✦ Fetishization of people
✦ Cheating
✦ Cruelty
✦ Fat shaming
✦ Competition
✦ Diapers

Caela

Geeklet

Wistful Dream

Chulanowa

Bibliophilia

-squees with excitement.-  You guys!  -beams.-  So excited to have you!

BlueEyedBard

"The ultimate in paranoia is not when everyone is against you but when everything is against you." P.K. Dick
Ad astra - but per hominum
On/Off

Wolfling72

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's
Wolfi Recommends- changes weekly
Keep it vampirated and melanated.

Foxy DeVille

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Wolfling72 on April 26, 2021, 01:21:43 PM
This is beautifully presented and rendered.

That is all Wisti.  She's done like 95% of the work making this game come to life.

Wolfling72

If I weren't already doing Arcadia...and helping out with another game, I would slink into this one. I wish y'all luck with it and I am sure it will be amazing.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

Thank you, Wolfling.  ;D

I added my first completed character to the character profile post as an example if people wanted to see one.

Wistful Dream

Also, caught in the profile coding that I didn't have an image size for the primary image, that has been updated to 300. If you copied it previously please add this - height=300 to after the [img to correct it. :)

Kissa

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 26, 2021, 02:32:59 PM
Thank you, Wolfling.  ;D

I added my first completed character to the character profile post as an example if people wanted to see one.

YOU. ARE. KILLING. ME.

Dammit.

*bookmarks this for laters*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Haloriel

Oh nooo this is so good; why do you do this thing Wisti <3 <3

Wistful Dream

Quote from: Haloriel on April 26, 2021, 04:21:52 PM
Oh nooo this is so good; why do you do this thing Wisti <3 <3

Because tempting you is divine. <3

Malrunar

Haloriel

You and Biblio. Goodness, this is fabulous. Absolutely sold. I already chatted with Lior, my sweetie, so that you might get both of us if he's got time.

Wistful Dream

Mal! ~adores on~ <3

Oh Halo, that would be lovely!

Also, just in general, if you have any questions please feel free to post them here in cause it's something other people might ask. The game is starting in January of 2021, so any half breeds would be at most turning 21.

Miss Eleanora

Hmm....

This looks interesting. Though slight concern at the fact that it appears as if all the others are labeled as fae? If I am misunderstanding please do let me know, but there are a whole host of mythological creatures that even if we were just limited to western mythos wouldn't really fit being called fae.

Also! Are we limited to mythology that has actually been believed in or are things like lovecraftian mythos also available?

Wistful Dream

Fae is just the term we chose to use to describe the mythological creatures since there are creatures of unknown on the shadows in nearly every culture. It was hard to chose just one thing word for it, but we aren't limited by western mythos or even traditional fae myth. Anything that's myth, legend or fantasy is entirely possible as long as you check with us. So lovecraftian is totally an option!

Wyatt

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 26, 2021, 05:24:51 PM
Fae is just the term we chose to use to describe the mythological creatures since there are creatures of unknown on the shadows in nearly every culture. It was hard to chose just one thing word for it, but we aren't limited by western mythos or even traditional fae myth. Anything that's myth, legend or fantasy is entirely possible as long as you check with us. So lovecraftian is totally an option!

Similar to the way the term "Fae" was broadly used in Lost Girl?  That was how I took it to mean
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music.”
Ons, Offs and Stuff   
Story Ideas
Apologies and Absences

Bibliophilia

Hal...Mal!  -squeals in excitement.-  YAAAS!

-dances around.-

Hi, Miss Eleanora!  I'm considering a Jotunn myself, so this is absolutely not at all limited to any one culture's mythological beings.  Like Wisti said, it's just difficult to find a single word to cover all beings under the 'non-human' sort of umbrella.

Wistful Dream

Exactly like Lost Girl, though I'm not sure how many people have seen the show.

Totoro

Planting interest then reading through everything and making decisions!

Kadigan

Miss Eleanora

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 26, 2021, 05:24:51 PM

I see. Thanks for the clarification. :)

Also! With having lots of the actual mythological beings, what about the deities associated with them? Just curious for the purposes of figuring out how it all works.

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 26, 2021, 05:27:09 PM
Hal...Mal!  -squeals in excitement.-  YAAAS!

-dances around.-

Hi, Miss Eleanora!  I'm considering a Jotunn myself, so this is absolutely not at all limited to any one culture's mythological beings.  Like Wisti said, it's just difficult to find a single word to cover all beings under the 'non-human' sort of umbrella.

Yeah that was something I was thinking too, Norse mythology has all sorts of fascinating things in it, and while some like the Hulder for instance really are rather classical fae like, some are their own thing.

Totoro

I'd like to claim the role Master of the Hunt if nobody else has?

And the FC Mariano Di Vaio.

How would things like folklore be considered in terms of mythology? E.g. the Chupacabra is as recent as 1995.

Miss Eleanora

Oh... Real people face claims. For a game with fantasy races and beings I figured it was art not real people.

Haloriel

I rewatch Lost Girl at least once every couple of years yessssssss. -giant cackles-

Bibliophilia

Quote from: Miss Eleanora on April 26, 2021, 06:25:18 PM
Oh... Real people face claims. For a game with fantasy races and beings I figured it was art not real people.

The FC is there for when/if your character wants to pass as human/if they have a human form.  We're okay with just using art if you'd rather not use a human face claim.

Miss Eleanora

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 26, 2021, 06:42:03 PM
The FC is there for when/if your character wants to pass as human/if they have a human form.  We're okay with just using art if you'd rather not use a human face claim.

Ahh! Okay :)

I had also considered the master of the hunt role potentially.

Bibliophilia

There are Hunters!  If you can't get the role due to it being claimed, there are always those who work beneath each of the council members.

Wistful Dream

Master of the Hunt went quickly actually, but please feel free to consider similar character concepts. Rank within the Court can also be discussed if you have something particular in mind.

As far as deities go that would be a very rare thing. The nearest to 'gods' in the game are going to be the Barrier Breakers and that's one per continent. If you have a concept you really like that would tie into a deity please PM us so we can review and see if it would be a good fit.

Miss Eleanora

Steward could also be interesting as a possibility if that isn’t claimed yet? I would throw a hat in the ring?

I was mostly asking about deities since some mythical beings are connected to specific gods. Like valkyries in Norse mythology. As an example.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 26, 2021, 06:50:41 PM
There are Hunters!  If you can't get the role due to it being claimed, there are always those who work beneath each of the council members.

I bet there are...  >:)

Bibliophilia

Ah!  Most major deities would have their roots in the Barrier-Breakers/other highly powerful Fae beings that were capable of wandering the human world before Barrier Fall.  So, likely the valkyries would be somehow associated with one of them, sort of how Dryads and other Satyr are associated with Pan.

Cer is basically the archetypal 'Horned God' from so many various mythos, all sort of sprung from him visiting the human realm and wandering about over his time.

Bibliophilia

Because the question has been posed (And I should have added it to the write-up):

The 'economy' in the Court of Dreams is based on a communistic barter system.  Cer and the council provide all the food and shelter that the members of the court who live within his realm require, and any shops or other merchants outside of what the court provides is a barter system.  There's no currency of the realm, and human money isn't allowed as a legal form of tender within the confines.

Of course, any and all are free to do as they like in the human world as far as that goes.

Malrunar

If we're able to reserve FC's...

Ayden Marie Vargas, please and thank you! ;D

Caela

Quote from: Haloriel on April 26, 2021, 06:35:09 PM
I rewatch Lost Girl at least once every couple of years yessssssss. -giant cackles-

Yesssss....It's one of my go to's when I want to binge but don't want to look up something new.

Wistful Dream

Totoro

Their world was similar and yet different; they had after all centuries, with time moving differently for them compared to humans, and while they did not use technology they did have magic and refined it to a society that was advanced in it's own right. There were large cities with mix of creatures use to living together, as well as territories claims by particular races or loose alliances. Some of their cities and settlements came through with the Barrier Breaking, and so there are places like an Fae city in up state New York where before there was only wild forest. While the two realms overlapped each other both sides felt certain pushes from the other, and so major human cities were largely empty spaces in their own world, and in ours the uncharted areas, the parks, the national forests were in fact Fae settlements, though they looked different from how humans built of course. There is some bleed over, and those places are called in slang Barrier blurs where a human city and a tree city of the fae might be mixed."

I've read this and I have a couple of questions.

When you say 'time moves differently' is it slower in the fae realms or faster or more like, just completely different and time as we know it would have little bearing?

I'm trying to map out the life/history of a fae prior to the fall and I'm not sure what their experiences would be. With an advanced society I'm assuming some kind of school system or would it be a little more rudimentary than that? I see currency is no longer a thing, but I assume occupations were?

Before the barrier fall could/did fae interact with humans in any way? Sorry if that's been answered. If they did interact was it normal or rare & what was fae society's view on doing so.

Was conflict quite a rare thing in fae society prior to their conflict with humans after the barrier fall?

Kadigan

I’m having a bit of a thought for police chief if we’re holding spots. I should be able to get it together shortly.

Wistful Dream

Quote from: Sun Wukong on April 26, 2021, 07:58:32 PM
When you say 'time moves differently' is it slower in the fae realms or faster or more like, just completely different and time as we know it would have little bearing?

Time is non linear for fae, and it was often at the whim of the ruler of a territory depending on the power of said ruler. As referenced in the setting info the Lord of Dreams is one of the few who could do this, as are the other Barrier Breakers. Fae don't measure time the same way human do.

QuoteI'm trying to map out the life/history of a fae prior to the fall and I'm not sure what their experiences would be. With an advanced society I'm assuming some kind of school system or would it be a little more rudimentary than that? I see currency is no longer a thing, but I assume occupations were?

It depends on the culture and area they lived in. Their world was every bit as diverse as ours and trying to quantify all of that is exhaustive and beyond what we would want to write and others would want to read. Your character could have come from a culture that supports a school system and occupations.

QuoteBefore the barrier fall could/did fae interact with humans in any way? Sorry if that's been answered. If they did interact was it normal or rare & what was fae society's view on doing so.

Was conflict quite a rare thing in fae society prior to their conflict with humans after the barrier fall?

There have been times in the past where the barrier wasn't as present, think ancient world, Celtic, Greek, Chinese, when the myths and legends have their roots. The barrier was thinner at this point, but as human tech advanced and they grew further from nature and magic the barrier grew denser and less and less Fae had the ability or inclination to travel into the human realm. In the past few centuries it was very rare for anything but the most powerful to have any interaction with the other realm. After all consider humanity's response to witches, with the burnings and trials. Fae learned that a solitary man was not a risk, but a mob was. I imagine horror stories for the fae involve human lynch mobs and pyres.

Again, the culture is as vast as ours, and the Barrier Breakers weren't going to involve themselves in every little fuss between factions, so conflict among fae does happen, for example orcs and elves are unlikely to get along typically.

Kadigan

Side question, how long did the fighting between humanity and Others last?

Miss Eleanora

Was my throwing the hat into the ring for the steward slot reservation okay?

Bibliophilia

Sure!  Sorry, we're both juggling a lot of stuff at the moment.  I'll make a note and as soon as Wist can she'll mark the position reserved!

Geeklet

The moment y'all mentioned Lost Girl, my desire to make a Kenzi like character increased! *laughs*

Bibliophilia

Wistful Dream

Kenzi is the best. <3

Steward slot is reserved now.

CurvyKitten

Peeks in shyly-tentatively interested here depending on muse juice.

Chulanowa

Quote from: CurvyKitten on April 27, 2021, 02:48:33 PM
Peeks in shyly-tentatively interested here depending on muse juice.

Muse Juice: It's got what games craaaave!

Question for the GMs, sorry if i missed the answer somewhere... What's the state of the world at large? Is it just like "regular modern world with supermarkets and skyscrapers, but with Fae enclaves", or is it more of a solid melding, with like elfin castles taking the place of said skyscrapers, or...? That is, is it distinct communities, more blended, or maybe do fae regions spread like kudzu?

Wistful Dream

This was in the FAQ here -

QuoteTheir world was similar and yet different; they had after all centuries, with time moving differently for them compared to humans, and while they did not use technology they did have magic and refined it to a society that was advanced in it's own right. There were large cities with mix of creatures use to living together, as well as territories claims by particular races or loose alliances. Some of their cities and settlements came through with the Barrier Breaking, and so there are places like an Fae city in up state New York where before there was only wild forest. While the two realms overlapped each other both sides felt certain pushes from the other, and so major human cities were largely empty spaces in their own world, and in ours the uncharted areas, the parks, the national forests were in fact Fae settlements, though they looked different from how humans built of course. There is some bleed over, and those places are called in slang Barrier blurs where a human city and a tree city of the fae might be mixed.

More distinct communities, with some overlap in the direct drop, and then some territory claiming in the early days prior to the Accords.

Bowen

I am so interested in this. Looking to see what I want to make.

Wistful Dream

We are accepting profiles at this time! IC threads probably go up once we hit at least ten characters.

Bibliophilia

Bibliophilia

Totoro

Dropping my previous FC reserve but would like to reserve Olivier Richters and Tatiana Olli, please and thankyou!

Bibliophilia

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Chulanowa on April 27, 2021, 03:31:54 PM
Muse Juice: It's got what games craaaave!

Lol that it does!

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 27, 2021, 05:27:48 PM
Hi, Curvy!

Helllloooo Bibliophilla!

Still brewing up an idea but I’m working on it.

Bekah Boo

Ello!

I'm totally down for this, I was thinking a unicorn and potentially a wendigo (if it is alright of course ;3)

Bibliophilia

BEKS!  -squees and snuggles.-  Yes, yes!  Both of those ideas are totally good!

TyCaine

Well...
Wisti put the bug in my ear, so I have to say I'm tentatively interested...

Perhaps with a shifter character? If you haven't had too many of those already?
Currently tentatively looking for a writing partner or two, pitch me an idea...
My smut dance card is a little full, though I might be tempted with the right story...
Pitch me an idea...

Ons & Offs & Current Threads | Recent Posts | F-List
RPs Wanted 1 | RPs Wanted 2
Apologies & Absences

Bibliophilia

So far the only shifter I know of is my planned werewolf, and possibly one other, but there's never too many shifters!

Wolfling72

slips back in to see what's happened thus far...

O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

Quote from: TyCaine on April 28, 2021, 12:00:15 AM
Well...
Wisti put the bug in my ear, so I have to say I'm tentatively interested...

Perhaps with a shifter character? If you haven't had too many of those already?

<3 <3 I love how you play shifters!

Rayne

Well I'll make it official and express my interest here. Will send a sheet sometime this week  :-)

Can't wait to play with you all.

Wistful Dream

Wolfling72

Wanders through

Are there any here who are writing only human characters? The CS's and the work done are so splendid that I keep coming back to stare at the beauty. However, Arcadia has me pretty good on the Fae side of things. Would it be okay to just write a plain ole everyday human?
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Bibliophilia

Sure!  We've got one now and another in the works.  Humans are totally welcome in Cer's court!

Wolfling72

Quote from: Bibliophilia on April 28, 2021, 06:16:47 PM
Sure!  We've got one now and another in the works.  Humans are totally welcome in Cer's court!

Thanks Bibs. I appreciate the answer...I have concepts. *nods*
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

The only human 'power' position that is taken so far is the Police Chief, if that matters.

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 28, 2021, 06:44:47 PM
The only human 'power' position that is taken so far is the Police Chief, if that matters.

Nods It's not about power...just...what would be fun to play when compared to all of the fantastical creatures already in your lovely CS thread, you know?  Also, thanks for the info.

Is taking notes...
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

I totally understand that. I think we will see more humans over time, I know I'm working on one right now myself. :)

Wolfling72

Also---your AV distracts me every time I see it...

That is all.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

~giggles~ Hopefully that's a good distraction.

Envious

I'm tentatively creating a human! Lots of ideas, very little time.

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 28, 2021, 09:53:56 PM
~giggles~ Hopefully that's a good distraction.

VERY good.

Oh by the by, how does magic for human mages work...as I would like to blend hoodoo, voodoo, and high magicks for this if I can.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

Wistful Dream

That sounds entirely within the realm of what we laid out. Why don't you PM us with more details?

Wolfling72

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 29, 2021, 07:24:04 PM
That sounds entirely within the realm of what we laid out. Why don't you PM us with more details?

Okies...

I have her mostly worked out so I will send the specifics and you both can speak on it and let me know if it will be problematic.

PM incoming shortly for you both.
O/O's
Snippets
A/A's

CurvyKitten

Bah I have so many ideas I don’t know where to start!

Wistful Dream

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Wistful Dream on April 29, 2021, 10:05:23 PM
I know the feeling!

Is it ok if I pm you some of my ideas to see what best fist in the game? It might help me narrow down my ideas LOL

Wistful Dream

Of course, just send it to both Bibs and myself. :)

Haloriel

I would like Gwilym Pugh, a Welsh model/musician, as a face claim. Thank you. :-)

Wistful Dream

Wistful Dream

Still open to new applications, the first big event for IC will be going up soon.

Bibliophilia

It's gonna be a big fuck-all party with naked people! I mean, not everyone will be naked and it's mostly just gonna be feasting, dancing and mingling...not -actually- fucking.  But, you know...that's allowed.

-smirks.-  This is why I should let Wisti do the announcements.

Haloriel

Hmm, well. That seemed like a pretty great announcement to me.  XD Cuddle party, clothes optional?

Edit: Can I reserve Deepika Padukone?

Wistful Dream

Cuddle parties are always good!

And marked, darling!

Lior

Hi everybody! I love the idea behind this game!

I’d like to have a go as the Human Head of the Mage Council. And I’ll reserve Avraham Aviv Alush as my face claim.

Wistful Dream

Welcome Lior, we'd be thrilled to have you join us. I'll go ahead and mark the face claim and position as reserved. Please reach out to myself or Bibs if you have any questions while working on the profile.

TeamToaster

This looks super interesting! I already love the little lore tidbits that I've seen already so I'll definitely be bookmarking this to find later. Time to brainstorm some character ideas...

Wistful Dream

TeamToaster

Now I just have to go through and read up on all the other characters first

Wistful Dream

The link to our characters sheets is here. Hope that helps.

TeamToaster

ihinka

I am intrigued by this... I might have an idea about a samovila (Slavic folklore, kind of a woodland siren for those unfamiliar) park ranger.

I'm a little unsure about her abilities though. As, typically, siren-type powers tend to infringe on one's free will XD
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

Wistful Dream

Hi, ihinka. My Adrianna is a siren blooded half blood actually, so you could look at her profile perhaps to get some ideas. Or just in general, your character can have the ability to sway/affect the minds of others but it would be nullified when she's within a certain radius of the Court itself and Cernunnos since his power nullifies those types of abilities.

ihinka

Thanks for the guidance and ideas. Character Profile sent. Now off to bed  ;D
How Do You Wanna Do This?!?
My O_Os - Updated 30/05/21 with some characters I'd like to find a home for

Wistful Dream

TeamToaster

Bae'al (Bay-al)
Court of Dreams, Himself

Age Appears: Early to Mid Thirties
Gender Identity: Male
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual, Polyamorous
BDSM Identity: Switch - He will be whatever his partners needs or desires
Race: Devil

Hair & Eye Color: Bae'als hair is a deep brown and falls in curls around the large horns that adorn his head. His eyes are deep, impossible black where no light and no reflections are ever seen across them.

Height: 6'11

Body Build: Bae'al is extremely tall, towering over most people that aren't at least part giant. Beneath the extravagant suit, he is lean but well muscled and well defined, hinting at the strength behind his indomitable personality.

Special Features: The thing most people notice about Bae'al immediately are the two prominent horns that curl from his forehead and mark him as inhuman. He has long pointed ears, similar to an elf's, pointed teeth, a forked tongue, and a long tail, all of which serve to further identify that Bae'al is a very inhuman creature. His features are very classical and eerily beautiful, which make him eye-catching no matter how inhuman or human he looks.

Bae’al also possesses large, bat-like leathery wings, though he rarely shows these to anyone. Unlike the rest of him, these are flawed, tattered and covered in a latticework of scars. Anyone learned in the healing arts will be able to see that these were inflicted magically and cannot be healed. They are similar to the ones that marr his broad back, though not as intricate or purposeful. These he always keeps hidden behind his illusions.

Personality: Hedonistic, Indulgent, Charismatic, Classy, Arrogant, Mischievous, Morally Grey, Loves to Haggle, Untrusting, Untrustworthy

History:

Bae'al has been meddling in human and fae affairs for centuries and as such is intimately familiar with how they tick. He also gained quite a fearsome reputation for being just as likely to help you as he is to hinder you. Whatever took his fanc As a Devil he has been contracted for all kinds of jobs ranging from the benign to ones that have helped topple empires. Flitting as frequently as he did between both worlds, it was only a matter of time before his many mischiefs set him in the path of Cer. Much to the Devil's delight, the future Lord of Dreams shared a similar thrill for mischief and chaos.

In the time before the barriers fell, whenever the two beings would happen to cross paths, mischief and debauchery would ensue. Fae or human settlements would experience all kinds of strange and unexplainable events, along with wild parties and lowered inhibitions which would be the talk of the town for years after they departed.

However not all of this time had been sunshine and roses. As a Devil, there have been all manner of people who have tried to bind Bae'al into servitude. Most prominently those people have been mages (Fae or Human) trying to gain more power. Some have even succeeded in capturing him, for a time at least. Those who have unwillingly bound him in this way always find bad luck chasing at their heels until such a time that he weasels his way free of whatever chains he has been caught in.

And then they sorely regret ever messing with the Devil.

As such he is wary and distrustful of mages, even now. It is surprisingly easy to summon a Devil but only a few (mages in particular) have the power to bind them. However, Bae'al has also on many occasions willingly entered into the service of another. This he has no problem with as he always gets something in return of equal value for his time. A soul is the most common payment of course.

Bae’al detests being in debt of any kind and will seek to settle it as quickly as possible; hypocritically he doesn’t mind so much when the roles are reversed.

Then of course, the world changed. Cer and the other Barrier breakers earned their name and waged their take over of the human world. At the time, Bae’al had already been settled there, having heard rumors of what was to come. He made quite the name for himself in the immediate years following, managing quarrels between Human and Fae as they settled into this new world. That was how he found himself in his newest role, a Devil lawyer for hire who never lost a case. Not only did his reputation grow, his name once more circled around to the newly appointed Lord of Dreams who offered him a position in his Court as someone able to navigate the human world and its laws to better help the Fae.

Those seeking help and scores to settle know that they can contact Bae’al. He will hear anyone out and offers no judgements or comments as to what you are looking for; but to get his help?

You will have to meet his price.

✦ Fine things
✦ The Arts
✦ Parties
✦ Debauchery
✦ Indulgence
✦ Haggling
✦ Debate
✦ Gambling
✦ Dark Chocolate
✦ Cigars
✦ Dry humor and Sarcasm
✦ Chaos
✦ Tricks
✦ Riddles
✦ Games
✦ Flying
✦ Reading
✦ People Watching

DISLIKES

✦ Rudeness
✦ Attempts to Bind him
✦ Liars (to him)
✦ Deal Breakers
✦ Boredom
✦ Being Ignored
✦ Rigidity
✦ Narrow mindedness
✦ Judgmentalism
✦ Being touched without warning
✦ Lack of Consent
✦ Mages

TALENTS

✦ Natural (and supernatural) Charm
✦ Silver tongue
✦ Lying
✦ Finding loopholes
✦ Legal knowledge
✦ Impeccable memory
✦ Stringed instruments (Piano, Violin and Cello)
✦ Chess

INEPTITUDES

✦ Easily bored
✦ Beyond external friendliness is very secretive
✦ Charm and persona is a front
✦ Extremely untrusting
✦ Vain
✦ Arrogant
✦ He will always put himself first (for now)

POWERS

Abilities:
✦ DEVILS CONTRACT - major -
Bae’al can form binding contracts with anyone who wishes to bargain with him. These contracts are magical in nature and cannot be broken once sealed by anyone except the Devil himself. These contracts are a large source of power for the Devil and he can have any number active at any time. Contracts can be made for any reason; the only thing that limits its abilities is what is paid in return. The harder the action is to perform, the more pricey the payment must be. Souls are the ultimate payment though there are frequently people who promise away other people's souls to get more in return, which is perfectly fine from Bae’als’ perspective so long as he gets his due. Souls are not the only payment, Bae’al can specify anything else that he deems of equal value to the job required if both parties agree. 

While a contract has bound a person to Bae’al, there is a mark upon their soul that allows him to always know their location and will alert him to any attempt to circumvent or go back on their deal. While soul bound, he can communicate with them telepathically if he so desires, including speaking to them in dreams or other forms of unconsciousness. If a person goes back on the deal agreed upon in the contract, the soul mark will ignite and Bae’al can immediately lay claim to their soul.

✦ DEVILS CHARM - minor -
Bae’al has a supernatural charm that puts anyone nearby him at ease, even in high tension situations. The more time spent in his presence the more intense this ability becomes, it becomes hard to look away from Bae’al and people want to be near and touch him which only hastens the effect.
While under the effect of his charm, people are more likely to answer his questions, tell him their secrets and their desires, even without prompting people will find themselves just saying things they never would have otherwise said.

✦ ILLUSIONS - minor -
Bae’al has the ability to create illusions that can fool the senses. These illusions can only happen around himself and they cannot be on a larger scale. This could be anything from creating doubles of himself, changing the immediate surroundings, creating an illusion over his form or over other people. Interacting with these will feel real in every way and can be very disorientating if whoever is interacting with them knows that what they are seeing is an illusion. If one is aware of the illusion, the longer they try to look through it the more it will begin slowly to fade.

No matter what, if he disguises his form with this ability his black eyes will always remain unchanged.

✦ TELEPORTATION: DEVILS PATHWAYS - minor -
Bae’al can open pathways between areas that allow him instant travel from one place to the other. To do this, he must create a rift in any 90 degree angle like a room corner or something similar. Curiously, its size does not matter as reality warps to allow the Devil passage. This small rift leads to a void space where Bae’al can traverse freely and bring others through if he desires, though no more than three at a time. In this space, time does not exist and though he ‘walks’ there is no loss of time from when he steps into the passage and out of it on the other side.

✦ FIRE MANIPULATION: FIENDS FIRE - (minor) -
In true Devilish fashion, Bae’al can control fire. He is able to manipulate it and conjure his own. His body is immune to fire and smoke but his clothing and anything he might be holding, or anything else otherwise flammable, is not.

Flaws:

✦ TRUE NAME - major -
Bae’al is a Devil and as such has a True Name. This is a fiercely guarded secret as anyone who knows the true name of a Devil now holds them as a slave. This is different from being bound into a contract, it is the total mastery of the Devil and their powers. Many ambitious human or fae will try to uncover the True Name of a Devil to capture it for eternity. Speaking the True Name of a Devil is also the only other known way to nullify a Contract that the Devil controls as they are forced to comply with any of their new masters commands.

✦ SUMMONERS CALL - minor -
If anyone performs a summoning of Bae’al he is compelled to appear before them, even if it is into a magical trap or any kind of seal. He is physically unable to stop himself from teleporting to the summoner immediately after the completion of any such ritual to call upon him. It doesn’t matter what time, where he is, if he is called he will vanish and reappear in front of the summoner.

✦ BINDING CONTRACTS - major -
Contracts go both ways and though he will always create a deal that favours him, once a deal has been struck he MUST fulfill his end of the bargain to the letter. This is why Devils are so tricky with their words, as they are bound by them. Bae’al is no different.

Environment Boost: Warm places, places where debauchery is rife (parties, clubs, etc)

Environment Weakness: Cold places, Anti magic places, places of Binding

Please note (R) for receiving, (G) for giving, (B) for both. Delete this line prior to submitting profile.

Ons

✦ Genital Worship (B)
✦ Breast Worship (B)
✦ Ass Worship (B)
✦ Oral (B)
✦ Teasing
✦ Foreplay
✦ Rimming (B)
✦ Anal (B)
✦ Exhibitionism/Voyeurism
✦ Cum Marking (B)
✦ Bestial Sex
✦ Hair-Pulling (B)
✦ Marking (Nails/Teeth/Magic)
✦ Exotic Cocks (B)
✦ Post-Orgasm Torture (B)
✦ Edging/Orgasm Control/Denial (B)
✦ Teasing (B)
✦ Messy Sex
✦ Rough Sex
✦ Aftercare (B)
✦ Multiple Partners/Group Sex
✦ BDSM
✦ Open for anything fun, feel free to ask away :)

To Explore

✦ Open to chat about anything else, he's very open to his partners ideas and wants.

Offs

✦ Scat/Vomit (B)
✦ Raceplay
✦ Vore/Gore
✦ Fetishization
✦ Pregnancy
✦ Serious pain
✦ Extreme Degradation
✦ Cruelty/Shaming
✦ Non-Con
✦ Age Play
✦ Infantilism

Wistful Dream

Absolutely love him! He will be a great addition to the game.

Bibliophilia

I can't wait to play with him, TT.  Especially my mage...once I make him.

RedMoon

Hey all! What a great setup! This is all laid out so well, and I love the concept.

Is there any particular area that needs more players to round things out? I see the human side of things is looking a little light, are there any positions there I could brainstorm over to help things out? I had a vague concept of an older human male who was a third-rate paranormal investigator trying to get a TV show before the paranormal kicked the door down, and is now just sort of an investigator or perhaps journalist. I've got a few ideas buzzing around though, thought I'd see if you need any positions filled before I lean in to anything too hard.

Wistful Dream

Hi RedMoon! Thank you so much for the compliment.

That sounds like such a fun idea! Right now we hardly have any humans so a paranormal investigator sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd love to see how he views the world changing so much. We currently have most of the human 'power' positions open, like Mayor, Police Chief, etc, but you can also just make whatever appeals to you. <3

RedMoon

Excellent! I'll do a bit of brainstorming then. Is it alright if I message you with some questions and to bounce ideas around as I go along?

Wistful Dream

Yup, I'd be happy to, I can give you my Discord as well if you want. :)

RedMoon

TeamToaster

Quote from: Bibliophilia on July 15, 2021, 09:40:56 AM
I can't wait to play with him, TT.  Especially my mage...once I make him.

Ooo, exciting! I can already imagine the drama hahaha

TeamToaster

Quote from: RedMoon on July 15, 2021, 10:26:37 AM
Hey all! What a great setup! This is all laid out so well, and I love the concept.

Is there any particular area that needs more players to round things out? I see the human side of things is looking a little light, are there any positions there I could brainstorm over to help things out? I had a vague concept of an older human male who was a third-rate paranormal investigator trying to get a TV show before the paranormal kicked the door down, and is now just sort of an investigator or perhaps journalist. I've got a few ideas buzzing around though, thought I'd see if you need any positions filled before I lean in to anything too hard.

Ooo, I love this idea! Sound alike it would be super fun and interesting

RedMoon

Thanks all! Character submitted for approval.

Wistful Dream

Haloriel

Bibliophilia

Hello, all!  Court of Dreams has just had its roll-over into a new in-game month!

Last month the characters experienced a ramping up of anti-Fae sentiment with a two-pronged attack on the Moon Lotus Restaurant in the form of a bombing that destroyed a beloved family-owned business and injured many members of the Phuong family in the process.  At the same time everyone was dealing with the chaos, the Fae Court experienced an infiltration by members of Human First, thwarted by the Fae of the court before the true attack could be enacted against the Lord of Dreams and the Rift between Worlds.

This month we are kicking off the grand reopening of Moon Lotus, less than a month after the original attack following a community-wide effort to rebuild.

Within the court, the Fae and their friends are gathering at the Great Oak for the Ostara Rite, ushering in the spring with a sensual fertility rite designed to convey the sense of rebirth and awakening of the land following the long winter's sleep!

We're always accepting new characters and our community of writers is welcoming and eager to write with newcomers!  If you have any questions, feel free to post them below!