Rebuilding the world (NC)

Started by elfguy, December 10, 2010, 04:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=92278.0

March 3rd 2012, 15:27, there was a breach of containment at a secret US laboratory in Nevada. A Super Virus was let loose, one so deadly it affected 99.9995% of the population. Within 2 weeks, the whole planet was infected. No government was prepared for such a large scale and quick catastrophic event, and none were able to cope. As people died, society crumbled, wars broke out amongst the few millions people left alive on the planet, killing even more people.

It's now early September, 6 months after what everyone now calls the End of the World. The survivors are few, society has crumbled, and the world has to be rebuilt by the lucky ones who still live. But how to go about rebuilding that world is not evident. Some think that technology advancements need to be preserved, and the first order of business is to restore the already decaying power plants, network grids and so on. Others blame technology and want to rebuild society using only green energy, based on farming and simple values. Other see an opportunity for themselves to become rulers of the new world, and aim to take power and control the few humans left.

In a medium sized mid-west town, which used to contain around 200,000 people, now only a handful of people remain, scattered around town. This is their stories.

So this is a post-apocalyptic RP where the "end of the world" event killed everyone except maybe a million people world wide. Since the event is recent, things have started to decay and crumble, there is no more power and such, but it's still in a condition close to what it was when the event hit. Of course in the panic the stores were emptied, there was mass riots, etc, so cities are all in a very poor state. I'm thinking we can all start around town, maybe some alone, others in a couple together, etc.. and go from there. Someone will want to get the group together and restart the town, while some may try to take advantage of the situation of lawlessness, and so on. Oh and no nuclear weapon was, since I wanted this to be a realistic, human only story, there is no zombie or mutant or irradiated surface.

Hopefully there'll be a mix of story and some people (including mine) who will push to go the more violent way, trying to divide people into those who have the strength to rebuild and those who should be "left behind". This may well devolve into the sexual NC element as there will likely be little consequence for breaking the law in such a society.

Let me know if you have any suggestions!

Name:

Image:

Equipment:

Job before the end of the world:

Bio:

Limits:
----

elfguy

Name: Janie

Image:

Equipment: Jeans, sneakers, belt with chains, sports top, vest, leather gloves, pocket knife, wrench

Job before the end of the world: Bouncer in a club

Bio: Janie was always a troubled girl. She's been arrested 3 times for drunk driving and drug possession. Then, just last year, she finally got a job she liked, bouncer at a small club, where she got to act tough and stay up late. But then, the end of the world happened. Now, she's pissed off again, often in a bad mood and getting angry easily. She isn't much of a leader, but she thinks that the best way to go for now is pillaging and surviving off of the past civilization.

Limits: Anything goes except death or dismemberment.
----

RS Mistress

Looks interesting. I will be thinking up a character... If I may join?

elfguy

Of course, you're the first interested lol
----

RS Mistress

Yay! I'm not normally one for violent characters but I thought people might want someone to boss around.  :P

Name: Melly (Melody Gram)

Image:

Equipment:Jeans, boots, bottle of clean water, top she made herself, and a lighter.

Job before the end of the world: Student.

Bio: She was a student who couldn't make up her mind on what to major in so took a little bit of everything until she had enough credits to graduate. She had just gotten married and graduated and was ready to start her new life when it all fell apart. Now after loosing her husband she is just trying to survive as best she can on what she can scavenge, glad at all the camping/hiking trips her father had dragged her on.

elfguy

----

ivygrowth

Name: Brenda Caliot

Image:

Equipment:  A 9mm handgun with six bullets left.  A baton.  A couple of changes of clothing, though she has abandoned her uniform and her bulletproof vest was damaged beyond repair.  A few survival supplies, tablets to purify water, a canteen, magnesium firestarter, a box of matches. 

Job before the end of the world:

Brenda had been a member of the police force for only two weeks when the virus struck.

Bio:

Brenda had finally achieved her dream of being a member of the police force, and was only two weeks out of training when the virus struck.  She was part of the group trying to keep order, with no success.  By the time the smoke cleared, there wasn't anything left worth protecting.  Survival is her only goal now.

Limits: Scat, mutilation, underage.  Anything else is fine.

elfguy

Nice! A couple of guys and we'll be ready to go.
----

elfguy

We're still at just 3 girls in this.. we'd need at least 3 more, guys if possible..
----

Florence

I'm capable and willing to play characters of either gender :O

I'll see about having a CS up soon.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

elfguy

----

Dingo

This actually sounds like quite the nice idea and if accepted I could use this to ease myself back in. Besides, post apocalyptic games are nice.

Name: Charles Mason

Image:

Equipment: Black suit, white shirt, black tie and it's all just a little bit too small for him. Handcuffs. Several forged passports and ID's. Including FBI identification. Two Glock 22's. Belt holster. Three extra clips of ammo. Eight bullets left in the magazines.

Job before the end of the world: Former CIA agent turned terrorist for hire, captured by the FBI and about to be transported to a secure facility.

Bio: Was recruited straight from college into the CIA. Infiltrated a terrorist cell and was turned by a beautiful woman. At least that is his story. In reality he was turned by the fact that he actually enjoyed the money and the action. Was on transport when the virus hit and killed his guards and escaped. Specialties are breaking and entering, Close Quarters Combat and electronics. He's also a trained shot with several weapons and knows his way around explosives. As well as counter surveillance techniques.

Limits: What limits ?

elfguy

Looks good, altho I'd like to avoid having a whole crew of intense mercenary types. The fact that most of the survivors happen to be well trained at using a gun doesn't make much sense.
----

Dracoat

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Dracoat

Name: Axel Storms

Image:

Equipment: Bag full of electricians tools, hardhat, scavenged pistol(no bullets), jeans, button up shirt, toolbelt, and boots

Job before the end of the world: Regular electrician. Worked at the local power plant repairing connections and computers.

Bio: Never one to rush or panic, Axel picked a career that would pay well and stay a job that didn't get to hard. Well that is, until the virus thing happened. He noticed everyone getting sick. First one or two, then everyone. A few stayed healthy. Th others, well they died. Fast. That's when society became survival. Riots broke out and what government was left faltered. Axel just chilled in his house waiting for shit creek to run dry. He stocked up and waited the storm in his house. That is until the power went out. Now he's holed up in the power plant on the ouskirts of town doing his best to keep it running.

Limits: "Basic" stuff, some bondage, but nothing extreme. Anything that involves Death, bodies in pieces or scat is a no go.

O/Os

elfguy

Nice! Now that we have a more balanced gender slip I think I should be able to start this one tomorrow or so.
----

Dracoat

Question, is the limits category pertaining to your chars limits or your sexual preferences?

O/Os

elfguy

What you don't want others to do to you.
----

Dracoat

O/Os

Florence

Name: Thomas Alexander

Image:

Equipment: Stash of painkillers, survival knife, canteen of water, basic survival gear including a 1st Aid Kid, nylon rope, water purification tablets, matches, firestarter, binoculars.

Job before the end of the world: Former Marine, History Teacher (I didn't chose marines for combat knowledge, as much as survival training, which would probably be a somewhat vital skill.)

Bio: Thomas' career in the marines started the moment he turned 18. He remained in the corp for 6 years, where he climbed in rank swiftly. His direct combat skills were adequate, but his real talent was in taking point, commanding others, and strategy and tactics. This career ended when he took a bullet to his leg and was deemed unfit for combat. He retired and took up a job teaching history, specializing in military history. The wound has healed up largely, not significantly impeding his movement, but still causing him a significant amount of pain, causing him to pick up a slight dependancy on painkillers.

Once the world ended, he decided it was an opportunity, time to let his tactical mind really shine... but to what end?

Limits: Generally speaking, if you're unsure if I'd go for it, ask. I tend to operate on a more case-by-case basis. No scat, no mutiltion without permission, the same with death. He's also more of a dominant inclined character, but if you plan on knocking him down a peg, I'm open to negotiation.

How's that?
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

elfguy

----

Florence

Sorry for the delay in my post, feel free to go on >_>;

I'll try to post shortly, I've just been busier with holiday stuff than I was expecting, but there's no need to wait on my account, I'll jump in soon when I get the chance.