something different *crosses fingers and hopes*

Started by Dragoondawg25, May 10, 2008, 01:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoondawg25

Time: 2208

Place: London England

Story Thus Far:
200 years ago.........Year 2008

*Plays Live Action News Theme as a TV broadcaster appears on the screen which seems afflicted with static and buzz* "This is our late breaking news of the hour, hello everybody I am Bill Howards, our top story today, After the months of seasonal heat waves taking its toll the millions around the world, as well as the occasional quake springing up from all around the planet, this news station receives word that sightings of giant sized craters have popped up around the globe.  Sources say that voices of sheer terror, anguish, maniacal laughter, and pain can be heard echoing from within the large holes during the nightly hours.  Reports have been coming in of acts of murder with extreme disregard for human life, acts of rape, as well as arson and battery thou positive IDs of the perps have gone unanswered or unresolved.
Local authorities in all countries are baffled by the increase in crime and murder within their cities.  Government military intelligence suggests that secret nuclear weapons have been unleashed by a secret organization bent on creating mass chaos to cover their plans for world domination.  Thou satellite imagery has yet to pick up any known cause of the destruction and chaos reigning supreme outside our door steps one thing can be certain, that our government is right in the mix working day and night to solve the problem.  We take you now to our live broadcast outside of London England where Tom Laughlin is live with our broadcast team overlooking tunnel workers working with scientists are trying to excavate one of the crater sights for more information on the cause of the incidents, Tom?.........

*The screen buzzes a bit before shifting a slightly static display and then clearing up as the man with the microphone and a poorly dressed suit babbles on about recent events.* “What we are witnessing here Bill is human technology at work as men and women both work day and night digging out those that have fallen into the crater as well as the local brain trusts working to solve the mystery of the mysterious openings.  We can only assume that these gigantic bowels were caused by some sort of new weapon of mass destruction being tested upon the lives of innocent people.” 
*The screen gets more and more static and fuzzy as the reporter edges past security guards towards the crater before all you can hear is the voice of the reporter as he speaks* The guards have given me room to give you a clear view of the crater as you see here men and women are…….
*The rush and rumble can be felt as well as heard with the millions of screams echoing from the TV set thou the reporters comes in the loudest*  My god! They are everywhere, killing everything *panting heard* please take shelter immediately, run for your lives and bar up the doors quickly before…..ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGH!!!! * His screams die out to the millions now screaming in terror as bouts of laughter both dark and maniacal echo into the ears of the TV set before the signal is lost as well as the power around the world………..Transmission Ended
Present Time…..

The transmission of the beginning of the end is one of the landmarks of human societies greatest downfalls, soon after the massacre in London and around the world, militaries from all countries band together to fight as a united front against the horrific onslaught before them, but they were too little too late.  Now humans are scattered and few remain willing to fight for the cause of freedom, as our lands, our homes are being taken from us by a sinister evil as old as time itself.  We at the Department of Paranormal Defense and Security (The DPDS) are dedicated to ridding the world of this ancient terror one city at a time.  We are the few the proud but we are also the abnormal according to the norms (aka humans) that we work alongside and with in our struggle to take back what is ours.  Some of us are gifted with powers beyond imagination, while others are cursed with visage that reminds them of their passage into this world.  We stand together with the norms in our fight to win back the light from the darkness. They are the things that go bump in the night, and we are the ones that stand up and bump back, we are the Hellfire Brigade.

Concept: Futuristic Monster Slayer Team Freeform Based

Players: at least 3, Maximum 10

Players can create norms which are your basic human character brought to peak fitness conditions through training, or they can opt to play as an entirely different race of character from any monster movie or book you can think of with a set of powers all their own.  Now mind you that the creature you play as will not be over the top and all powerful but they can have a kick to their arsenal in the right situation.  Examples of this would be Hellsing, Hellboy, Blade etc etc.  A decent sized background explaining how your character came to be in the services of the DPDS as well as a little back story on their survival of the aftermath of the Invasion of 2008.

Player format for character sheets:

Name: your characters real name here
Alias: if your character goes by a shorter name or an entirely different name
Race: Norm aka Human, or Monster type listed here
Sex: Male, Female or Neither
Faction: Either Hellfire Brigade or Brood of the Abyss here
Background: Your story here
Powers/Abilities: what bag of tricks your character has.
Skills: Learned techniques your character has acquired through training, must tie into Background.
Gear: what your character is packing. 

Hopefully I get some sort of nibble on this one as I have been stewing on it for a little while. 

Player Slots:
1 Boaldeir
2 Shadowz
3 Great Triangle
4 Alexander
5 Myrnodryn
6 jisko888
7 Kathadon
8 Tenerlo
9 Ace86
I am going to expand the player slots in light of a new addition that players can play either bad or good side

Hellfire Brigade(good):
Frankie(Great Triangle)
Gerrard Mason(Myrnodyn)
Louise Starks(Boaldeir)
Alexander Devanno(Alexander)
Kyle Martain(jisko888)

Brood of the Abyss(bad):
Dorian Everrast(Kathadon)
Corrine Klasky(Shadowz)
Sayuri Miako(Tenerlo)
Damien Raymos(Ace86)
Heterosexual Switch: Humor DLC included
My Discord: Dragoondawg2582
Ons & Offs

The Great Triangle

So has the Alucard style vampire slot already been taken?

Can this game fit Frankie, Benjamin Franklin's secret weapon?

My third choice of character would be a human who has studied supernatural mythos to such degree that he can interface easily with monster technology, but suffers from a nasty constant possibility of insanity
Meow!  I'm a kitty; made of fire.

Ons and Offs

Dragoondawg25

right now the books and doors are open, nothing has been claimed nor taken so anything your mind can come up with as far as a character is more then welcomed.
Ons & Offs

The Great Triangle

I think I'll go ahead and bring Frankie back in then.

Name: The Franklin Automaton

Alias: "Frankie"

Race: Golem/Mummy

Sex: Neither

Background: Created in 1753 when Benjamin Franklin harnessed the power of the lightning bolt, Frankie has always been the United States' go to agent for dealing with the supernatural.  Fighting for a very long time, Frankie has been a butler, an engineer, an archeologist, and a sex toy.  In 2089, after the third world war, he began a large scale investigation of the properties of the Pyramids of Giza, eventually unlocking their secrets to create a body of sand (or dirt, or marble, whatever's handy) to fight for justice and the American Way.  Throughout his life, he has relied on his strength, long life, and knowledge of the secret history of the United States to prevent the apocolypse, except in 2208, when his complete lack of scientific knowledge actually got to him.

Powers/Abilities: Frankie is an 8 foot tall construct created from harvested corpses.  He is very strong, capable of lifting cars and punching through brick walls.  In addition, thanks to having buried his original body in one of the Great Pyramids of Giza, he is capable of reforming his body from nearly any damage whenever he is in contact with the ground, making him incredibly complicated to destroy, unless you happen to be at the Great Pyramids of Giza. 

Skills: Frankie is a master alchemist and astrologer, capable of utilizing all of the occult sciences to great effect.  Additionally, he has a flawless knowledge of history, and 450 years of insight into human nature.  Despite this, he is utterly unable to grasp newtonian physics, and thus suffers from near total influence of most modern scientific knowledge.  This has not slowed him in the least, much to the frustration of his superiors.

Gear:  Frankie's most vital peice of equipment is the Great Pyramid of Giza, although he has acess to virtually the entire stock of the smithsonian institution, including a fair number of low powered mystical relics. 

Ons and Offs

Dragoondawg25

I like the concept looks really good thou i should ask which side of the coin is the character working for, i am leaning towards the Hellfire Brigade on this one *grins*
Ons & Offs

The Great Triangle

That sounds about right, basically he's America's main contribution to saving humanity, and ironically, pretty much the only thing the nominal US government has left to give.  (Unless that contradicts your vision of the setting)

Ons and Offs

Dragoondawg25

nah it works out pretty good so we have a modern day frankenstein with regenative powers among physical gifts?
i like the concept for the character.
Ons & Offs

Myrnodyn

Got room for a werewolf in the hellfire brigade? or are all the were-slots taken? :P

Name: Gerrard Mason

Alias: none, unless the derogatory "furball" counts

Race: Werewolf

Sex: Male

Faction: Hellfire Brigade

Background: Born as a natural werewolf due to a recessive gene passed on in his family, Gerrard had a generally untroubled childhood untill he had his first shift when he was twelves years old. At first he barely noticed or even remembered his shifts, mistaking the fact that he frequently woke up in different places (with a lot less clothing)  for sleepwalking. As he got older however, more livestock began to dissappear, and several events let to the discovery of his werewolf nature. Lucky for him, researchers for the Hellfire Brigade caught scent of him and rescued him from what could have turned in a "torches and pitchfork" situation before his secret got out beyond the family circle. They taught him how to control his transformation powers and several close-combat fighting techniques to complement his powers before he ended up joining the cause. Since then he has made himself usefull to the brigade, and took on courses in basic firearms and medicine to form a wellrounded addition to most teams.

Powers/abilities: transformation from man to wolf and anything in between, including a 'battleform' suited for melee combat, Regeneration, Acute senses.

Skills: Gerrard is an excellent brawler, combining martial arts and popular barbrawling techniques with his battleform when threatened. He also has a basic grasp of firearms and a decent grasp of medicine, altough complicated surgery is beyond him.

Gear: Backpack containing: 1 extra set of clothes, a field medical kit and a basic survival guide. He also owns a classic .44 caliber 8 shot revolver and a cellphone.

Alexander

im interested in this as well. ^^ ill make a character for this game if you dont mind.

Dragoondawg25

nope the wolfy spot is wide open as can be,  and welcome aboard Myrnodyn, and Alexander
Ons & Offs

Alexander

my character will be up shortly. Ironing out the kinks :P

Dragoondawg25

Ons & Offs

Boaldeir

Name: Louise Starks
Alias: Ghost
Race: human
Sex: Female
Faction: Hellfire brigade (Even though she's unconciously working against them)
Background: It wasn't until the weird craters started appearing that Louise's life had changed, hell until then she was the youngest of seven children living in a city just outside of Berlin, Germany. Growing up she was always the black sheep in her family, a sponge for information laid before her whether it be the four languages she had learned growing up (German, English, Japanese, Italian) or the passion for sword play she discovered at the age of twelve. Her brothers and sisters never really understood her, they were the normal run of the mill students who received average marks in school, but Louise .... Louise never seemed to be able to quench her thirst for knowledge.

As the years passed she studied every waking moment with a sword her Grandfather had given her, learning its weaknesses and strengths, the way it shifted through the air and how to make the perfect cut to kill someone in an instant. She also took a liking to the different natural remedies, more specifically, medicines and healing with plants that you could find just outside your home. She had started learning this type of medicine when she was training with her Grandfather out in her usual field and she had cut him with her katana more then she had expected. He had taken her over to a bush and began explaining the different properties of the plant before she took a few of the leaves and split them open using their natural juices to fight infection in the cut.

She was different, that was an understatement really, but she had a passion for human life, protecting it, holding it dear to the life it should experience. Then the day came, a crater had opened not to far away from her in a field near her house as she was practicing with her katana. At first she just believed it to be one of the effects from the earth quakes that seemed to be rocking the planet so she didn't pay much attention to its appearance, then the world faded around her and she dropped to her knees as she felt someone or something prodding her mind. A dark and deadly voice entered her mind telling her his plans, his wishes while her head ached horribly with the feeling a weight was pressing down on it. The voice held her captive almost like a living puppet over the next few moments calling her his little "Ghost" before finally her head stopped aching and her mind cleared.

Gasping slightly as if she had just run a marathon Louise's eyes tilted up before she let out a scream, the world was rushing past her vision seeming like it was moving at hyper speed before it suddenly .... stopped. Unknown to her at the time, her scream would have seemed a bit odd and drawn out with each pitch holding an odd deafness, that's when the changes started. The spirit had unlocked something within her, a power she never even knew she had, the power to slow down or speed up your own perception of time while the rest of the world continued moving at a normal pace. Over the next few months nothing happened with the voices again, infact she lived her life as normal as possible with her random time warps that she was slowly learning to control.

Then the day came when she was to join the hellfire brigade, ever since they were banded together she had dreamt of this moment to hoefully, for once, help the human kind on a global level by defeating what ever it was out there that was ruining planet earth. She had been in the brigade not to long before the voices started again, that same deep commanding voice tugging at the back of her mind controlling her own desires and plans in an attempt to pull the brigade apart right under their noses. After all who would suspect a sweet girl from Germany to possibly be their fall?
Powers/Abilities: Chronokenetic (The ability to speed up or slow down your perception of time)
Skills: She taught herself to fight with her sword, an imperfect art but despite this her techniques are deadly. She has a tendency not to forget what she sees amongst others as well as her studies, a decent knowledge on plant medicines as well.
Gear: Her katana sheathed neatly against her back as well as an old bag filled with random items only she knew the actual use of.
"...Only a slave girl can truly belong to a man, only a slave girl can be truly his, in all ways, utterly, totally, completely, his, selflessly, at his mercy, his ecstatic slave, helpless and joyous in the total submission which she is given no choice but to yield."

"Too bad that the defenders of women's freedoms can't see themselves allowing women the freedom to choose to give up that freedom".

On's and off's: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14791.0

Dragoondawg25

Ons & Offs

Boaldeir

Bwuahhaha So can't wait to tear apart the hellbrigade *dances around with a little neon sign over her head flashing 'evil here' with one of those corny pointing finger shapes aimed towards herself*
"...Only a slave girl can truly belong to a man, only a slave girl can be truly his, in all ways, utterly, totally, completely, his, selflessly, at his mercy, his ecstatic slave, helpless and joyous in the total submission which she is given no choice but to yield."

"Too bad that the defenders of women's freedoms can't see themselves allowing women the freedom to choose to give up that freedom".

Myrnodyn

aaaah...timemagic...a so called 'powerskill' ...

I'm so screwed :(

But I'm sure I'll have fun while being cut into pieces XD

Boaldeir

*giggles at Myrn* oh you'll love it! She's probably going to have the appearance of someone who has split personalities until people start figuring out whats going on

Alexander

And now i present my creation :)

Name: Alexander Devanno

Alias: Alex, Rain

Race: Norm Genetic test soldier

Sex: Male

Faction: Hellfire Brigade

Background: Alexander was originally not born, but rather created for the Hellfire brigade’s hunting missions. He is bio engineered to be a total soldier. Though that aspect of his creation was flawed. he took on an almost Naïve curiousness at the inner workings of things, and he became as such, an extremely curious man in nature. Encoded in his DNA were a set of Psychological traits resembling Psychic phenomena, but they are far from it in fact. 2 abilities were encoded in his body, a release of natural energy to form separate Elemental attacks of sorts. He was trained to be a perfect soldier still, the subject called Alexander showing a near sign of multiple personality disorder. His normal, curious, and naïve personality, and then that of his soldier mind. In battle situations he becomes near ruthless in nature, and will lash at anything designated as an enemy.

A detail of his experiment was an organ created to be placed in the human body at child birth, and as the child grew as would the organ. The purpose of the organ was to manifest a stream of energy in the human body to be controlled at the whim of the mind the organ existed in. since the human brain took control of its own bodies functions as it grew, the theory was that the brain would know how to harness this energy, and Alexander was the first successful subject for this research. Though the energy created effected his mind, and as such, he only has a limited amount of the hoped for control ver the organ and the energy it produces. Though normal mental function is unhindered.

He was taken into the care of another soldier, but a normal soldier. She was like his older sister. Alex was far from battle ready, and he needed caring for. This woman, took him into her home and raised him like her little brother. H called her what her squad name was, Angel. She looked after him in all of his time, taking him to the base and feeding him. She was kind, and very worldly to him, yet again, anyone could have fulfilled that. He was never taught about certain aspects of life, and aside from his gun, uniform, and bed, he knew next to nothing.

She had been the one that started training him about the many enemies that he would be fighting, and she did it will. They had hologram programs that he used to fight, and she taught him everything there was to know about it. Though his naiveté was still tops in the terms of normality, angel thought it was cute. It was like Alex was totally innocent of any sin whatsoever. When he reached the age of 25 he was smart, and yet still naïve. A soldier fully now, he was going to hunt that which he was trained for. His curiosity was still getting the better of him, and sometimes the questions he asks are so painfully obvious that people wonder if he is indeed a top of the line soldier…

Powers/Abilities: Alexander has had a number of Attacks born of the energy in the human body. Though with each use, they hurt him as well, dealing a double edged sword effect.

Destructive, Art 1: Called “Hotenken” By Alex, this ability releases a narrow stream of Energy from his fingertip, only about as big around as a pen, puncturing and impaling the target that it is launched at, and anything that happens to be behind.

Support, Art 2: Called “Quicksliver” The energy released by the organ in his body offers short bursts of speed or Strength (only either or at a time) for a temporary moment of help. About 5 seconds.

Skills: In his training as a soldier, he has been taught how to track, fight hand to hand, and administer first aid.

Gear: A standard Military assault rifle, Extra ammunition for said assault rifle, A medical kit, 2 combat knives and a set of fingerless gloves. 

jisko888

Is the "Big guy with really big gun" slot taken? If not I'm so into this

Captain Maltese

I would like to hear about what Brood of the Abyss has to offer.

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Shadowz

Quote from: CptCalico on May 10, 2008, 05:13:00 PM
I would like to hear about what Brood of the Abyss has to offer.

Well seeing as many are opting for the good and the bad seems a little under represented, and seeing as a certain little something has been bought to my attention *grins* i am reworking my character to join the Brood...

Captain Maltese

Well, but are they aliens or corrupted humans or what?

Posting status:  25th December: Up To Date 5 of 9 : last month 2, this month 5, total 38 posts for 2023.

O/O            Current stories

Shadowz

Quote from: CptCalico on May 10, 2008, 06:00:23 PM
Well, but are they aliens or corrupted humans or what?

Well personally, i go for corruption every time... not exactly sure what i would class my creation as, she is a reworking of an old character i played once...  :P

The Great Triangle

I've pretty much got the "Captain America" slot for the Hellfire Brigade nailed down, while Bo runs the badass normal, and Myrnodin plays the conflicted blaster.  But that definately leaves room for a brick (guy with really big gun), possibly another immortal, and maybe a hacker type character. 

Wonder what kind of threats that the hellfires will have to handle...   ;)

Ons and Offs

Boaldeir

oh triangle you shall fear my badass norm bitch =P *hugs him playfully*