Let the games begin (Pathfinder)

Started by ulthakptah, May 28, 2013, 01:59:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Intrest thread
In character thread
OOC&Sheets thread

Well it's that time again. Someone has twisted my arm into running a game they want to play a character in. Here goes.

There is a place, a plane, where all other planes in all other times intersect. A pangiaish circle of land the size of a large star floating with what would appear to be absolute nothing for all eternity at its edges. This world serves gameboard with mortals as the play pieces for the amusement of higher powers. Beings from all walks of life come and compete in teams called communities. Why would they do this? Why for fantastic prizes of course. Wealth, magic items, artifacts, land for your community, even new abilities and powers can be won though playing games and challenges here. However entering isn't risk free.  Not only can some challenges can put one in mortal peril, but to enter one has to also wager something of value.

The game will start out by a representative of a community in need of some fresh meat new players sending you all invites they will rip you out of your respective times and planes. Feel free to make your back story as wild as you like; being a princess back home won't matter at all in this new world.

Starting level 6, Abilities will be a choice of 25 point buy, or 1d10+8 seven times, the top six becoming the stat array. Starting gold will be 0. You start with any mundane objects your character would have on them. Any weapons, tools, or armor would be masterwork. Naturally someone like a wizard would have their spellbook and stuff.

Yukina

Marie Reynolds

This sounds fun! I love to jump in on this.

NicciKotor

QuoteWell it's that time again. Someone has twisted my arm into running a game they want to play a character in. Here goes.

Muywhahahaha. You know perfectly well that you want to molest the community leader in evil evil and lewd ways.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Jefepato

This sounds interesting.  Are all the PCs meant to be in the same team/community?

For that matter, any particular books/rules/concepts allowed or not allowed?  I haven't played Pathfinder in a while -- I'd need to review what's out there.

ulthakptah

Yes they are meant to be in the same community. Anything from Pazio should be fine.

Jefepato

Okay, let's see here...

Quote from: Dice Roller10

I really shouldn't play games with random numbers in them.  It never ends well.

TheRaven

Sounds like fun. Let me get to work...
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Marie Reynolds

Is the soul knife with the Deadly Fist archetype allowed?

chaospaladin

So the gunslinger would be viable? and if so should I plan on using advanced or primitive firearms?

Lockepick

I guess I'm still confused what the players are playing! Were we born in this community, and we're simply 'adventurers' joining the games? Or are we part of the first generation out here, who cut out a little square for themselves, building civilization up from the ground? My first thought when you described this game is that every person should have a 'role' or 'use' to the community, but I'm realized that was assumption after not knowing how big each community is.

Would 'second son of the blacksmith' be a valid character concept? Or would 'THE Blacksmith, creator of any and all weapons in the community' be a more fitting concept?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Marie Reynolds

We are playing people from various places on the Prime Material Plane and the summoned to this plane to be game pieces in other plan basically were the game takes place is not were you were born and lived before hand.

ulthakptah

Quote from: chaospaladin on May 28, 2013, 03:54:24 PM
So the gunslinger would be viable? and if so should I plan on using advanced or primitive firearms?
Advanced guns are fine.
Quote from: lockepick on May 28, 2013, 05:32:41 PM
I guess I'm still confused what the players are playing! Were we born in this community, and we're simply 'adventurers' joining the games? Or are we part of the first generation out here, who cut out a little square for themselves, building civilization up from the ground? My first thought when you described this game is that every person should have a 'role' or 'use' to the community, but I'm realized that was assumption after not knowing how big each community is.

Would 'second son of the blacksmith' be a valid character concept? Or would 'THE Blacksmith, creator of any and all weapons in the community' be a more fitting concept?
Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 28, 2013, 05:36:29 PM
We are playing people from various places on the Prime Material Plane and the summoned to this plane to be game pieces in other plan basically were the game takes place is not were you were born and lived before hand.
Marie hit the nail on the head. Also I wouldn't worry much about making items in the game as most of it is about winning cool things. Things like blacksmiths, chiefs, tailors, and healers are already more or less taken care of, and the players are recruited to fight in the games.

Marie Reynolds

So are Soul Knifes with the Deadly Fist Archetype allowed?

NicciKotor

That, and games can be won where you can win more than just items and money. You can win fame and honor, and also more magical potential, in the form of "gifts". Your class is essentially a powerful Gift, that you can wager in a game for a equally powerful prize. And so forth.
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

ulthakptah

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 28, 2013, 06:00:11 PM
So are Soul Knifes with the Deadly Fist Archetype allowed?
No I don't think I will allow the soul knife class

TheGlyphstone

What is allowed? the PFd20 SRD just uploaded stuff from Psionics Expanded, and I've been dying to try out the Abberant archetype Aegis.

If you're not familiar with the class, the base Aegis is basically Iron Man. It works similar to the Summoner in spending points off a customizable menu, but instead of conjuring a construct beast to fight for you, it creates a suit of customizable armor that you wear to augment yourself. The Abberant is similar, but more like Venom/Carnage than Iron Man, since it lets you warp and mutate your own body to do things like sprout naughty combat tentacles.

EDIT: Rolls 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 11. Very boring and even.
At 2013-05-29 12:08:57, TheGlyphstone (uid: 4194) rolls: 7d10m8 Result: 93

TheRaven

Okay, putting up a character to test the waters.

This is Erato Rosenrot. Back on his home plane, Erato was almost a legend in the regions he frequented. While his (mis)adventures, legitimate and criminal, were the focus of most of the tales (a great deal of them spread by Erato himself), some detailed his... other exploits (a number of these too were spread by Erato). The veracity of almost all of the tales is questionable at best, and he used his celestial heritage mostly in order to woo tavern wenches. Erato likes to keep mementos of his conquests, and will either palm one of their possessions or sketch them. He also frequently writes songs about them. To say that the loss of his collection of songs, sketches, and personal effects when he was taken from his home plane was slightly jarring would be an understatement.
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Yukina

My character sheet is currently finished, i'm just still working on the character. My character (Mika Brandish) is basically one those characters where they are hilariously strong compared to their stature (Mika's strength score being a 20 and her height being only 5 feet). Despite being a shy girl who doesn't like adventuring, Mika is just ridiculously good at wielding a greatsword. The village sent for out for several reasons. One obviously being the possibility of gaining more land and two being her talents at using a greatsword than the others in her village. Then again, most of the villagers are farmers who think Mika's personality is just over-modesty.

Marie Reynolds

Just want to throw my dice rolls up here before racial mods and such.

Roll Result: Marie Reynolds rolled: 7d10, modifying each die by 8
Comment:
Result: 11, 15, 9, 13, 14, 15, 17,
Total: 94
Ill be dropping the nine.

Aquatic creatures dwell within seas and lakes, mainly along coastal regions.

If the creature dwells exclusively underwater, it gains the aquatic subtype and replaces its land or fly speed with an identical swim speed. If the creature is able to also travel on land, it gains the amphibious special quality, reduces its land speed by 10 ft., loses any fly speed, and acquires a swim speed equal to its original speed. An aquatic creature also gains low-Light vision 60 ft.

this is a plus 0 template I would like to take and I would be going the Amphibious route.

Ranger Hit points
Result: 8, 10,
Total: 18
Barbarian HP
Result: 12, 8,
Total: 20
Magus HP:
Result: 7,
Total: 7

Jefepato

Unless I can switch to point buy instead of using my questionable rolls (and really even then, this is Pathfinder after all), my character will probably be a spellcaster of some kind.

The summoner looks pretty fun, but I need to hit the books in a bit more detail before I decide.  (Sorry for being a bit slow to post -- I should be able to resume regular Internet access tomorrow sometime.)

EDIT: I'm probably going with a tiefling master-summoner using Fiendish Heritage, although I expect the dice will make me regret it again.  (DOUBLE EDIT: Unless the feat/rolls aren't needed anymore in Blood of Fiends.  So complicated...)

Phaia

Roll ID: 46758
Owner: Phaia
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2013-05-28 13:27:13

Summary: At 2013-05-28 13:27:13, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 7d10k6m+8 Result: 94

Full Result: Phaia rolled: 7d10, keeping 6 dice, modifying each die by +8
Comment:
Result: 16, 13, 17, 14, 17, 10, 17,

Dropping the 10

I am looking at a Magus or maybe a magus Bladebound class...

are drow allowed as a race? Normal or Noble?

who149

Morgan, Sorceress of Storms

Having decended from a Blue Dragon, she has the gift of magic, lightning in particular. She is mostly self serving, but is not above helping others if it suits her mood. She dresses with little modesty, showing off the tattoo on her back, depicting a Blue Dragon.

Most of her drive comes simply because she is bored. Peak her interest and she will probably help you, bore her, and she will ignore you.
Been away, now i'm back. Updated based off changes in my life.

Ons and offs!

Jefepato

How many players are you looking for anyway, ulthakptah?  (Also what did the rest of you do to make the diceroller love you so much?)

ulthakptah

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on May 29, 2013, 01:49:47 AM
What is allowed? the PFd20 SRD just uploaded stuff from Psionics Expanded, and I've been dying to try out the Abberant archetype Aegis.

If you're not familiar with the class, the base Aegis is basically Iron Man. It works similar to the Summoner in spending points off a customizable menu, but instead of conjuring a construct beast to fight for you, it creates a suit of customizable armor that you wear to augment yourself. The Abberant is similar, but more like Venom/Carnage than Iron Man, since it lets you warp and mutate your own body to do things like sprout naughty combat tentacles.

EDIT: Rolls 15, 15, 14, 14, 13, 11. Very boring and even.
At 2013-05-29 12:08:57, TheGlyphstone (uid: 4194) rolls: 7d10m8 Result: 93
I won't be allowing Psionics Expanded or Psionics Unleashed.
Quote from: Marie Reynolds on May 29, 2013, 08:06:48 AM
Just want to throw my dice rolls up here before racial mods and such.

Roll Result: Marie Reynolds rolled: 7d10, modifying each die by 8
Comment:
Result: 11, 15, 9, 13, 14, 15, 17,
Ill be dropping the nine.

Aquatic creatures dwell within seas and lakes, mainly along coastal regions.

If the creature dwells exclusively underwater, it gains the aquatic subtype and replaces its land or fly speed with an identical swim speed. If the creature is able to also travel on land, it gains the amphibious special quality, reduces its land speed by 10 ft., loses any fly speed, and acquires a swim speed equal to its original speed. An aquatic creature also gains low-Light vision 60 ft.

this is a plus 0 template I would like to take and I would be going the Amphibious route.
Seems fine, go for it.
Quote from: Phaia on May 29, 2013, 11:40:24 AM
Roll ID: 46758
Owner: Phaia
Viewer: Noone or Anyone
Time Rolled: 2013-05-28 13:27:13

Summary: At 2013-05-28 13:27:13, Phaia (uid: 3337) rolls: 7d10k6m+8 Result: 94

Full Result: Phaia rolled: 7d10, keeping 6 dice, modifying each die by +8
Comment:
Result: 16, 13, 17, 14, 17, 10, 17,

Dropping the 10

I am looking at a Magus or maybe a magus Bladebound class...

are drow allowed as a race? Normal or Noble?

Drows are fine too.
Quote from: Jefepato on May 29, 2013, 09:23:48 AM
Unless I can switch to point buy instead of using my questionable rolls (and really even then, this is Pathfinder after all), my character will probably be a spellcaster of some kind.

The summoner looks pretty fun, but I need to hit the books in a bit more detail before I decide.  (Sorry for being a bit slow to post -- I should be able to resume regular Internet access tomorrow sometime.)

EDIT: I'm probably going with a tiefling master-summoner using Fiendish Heritage, although I expect the dice will make me regret it again.  (DOUBLE EDIT: Unless the feat/rolls aren't needed anymore in Blood of Fiends.  So complicated...)
You can switch to point buy.