News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Mortal Kombat Remake Trailer

Started by Sabby, June 09, 2010, 12:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

Leaked, most likely, but still very, very awesome. I'm loving most of the reimagining.

MORTAL KOMBAT

HockeyGod

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

Wolfy

Oy, Damn it....

Now there's going to be an increase in people googling "Harlequin Fetus" and getting squicked out, >_<

Ryven

I want to seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it omgomgomgomg!

DAv

It's actually more of a trailer not for a movie but something to grab the attention of a studio in order to make it a movie sadly. It is a great reimagining though. Could do with more Christopher Lambert to be totally honest.

Sabby

That's actually pretty reassuring, as there's a few things in it I'm not too fussed over... Johny Cage dying, Johny Cage having dark hair, (yes, I'm annoyed at Johny not being a blondy but didn't bat a lash at Baraka being Jamaican :P) and, most worrying of all... Scorpion being the main character.

Scorpion is the Darth Vader of the franchise, the silent, unnerving henchmen who only steps in when the others fail, and when he does, he always lives up to the urban legend that follows him.

In a setting where everyone has a very long, messy backstory and very personal motives, and are all too ready to fly off into William Shatner style monologues, being silent and still being more impressive then them really speaks to Scorpions credit.

I've always seen Mortal Kombat as a soap opera for gamers. Golden Girls is for old women, Sex and the City is for the middle aged women, Pokemon is for the kidlettes, Wrestling is for the guys, and Mortal Kombat is the gamers Golden Girl's.

I like most of what their doing, but I'd rather have Lui Kang as the protagonist... Scorpion needs to be the white eyed, crossed arm guardian who stares you down for two thirds of the movie without a flinch or a grunt.

Stan'

I'd rather they didn't have Liu Kang as the main character.  The Asian Martial Artist is such an over-done character.  I think an already-dead Assassin would make things interesting.

But really guys.  There's no point getting worked up about this.  If it gets funded, it won't be anything like this.  And this is an eight minute clip.  I can guarantee you the rest of the film would bomb.  It's happened every time.  A promising trailer, makes you think "Ach, hang on a minute here", then it's completely ruined when they turn it in to a full 90 - 120 minute feature.

So don't get over-excited.  Approach with caution.