Aislinn's Blog of Love, Light and Inspiration

Started by Aislinn, September 20, 2015, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aislinn

When I came to E, I asked for permission to have a blog. That was a very long time ago now and it took me all this time to figure out exactly what I wanted the blog to be about. After years of thinking, I finally hit upon an idea the other day.

Love...Light...Inspiration.

I looked at my Facebook page one day and I swear, 80% of what was posted there was negative nonsense that has no place in my life. I can't control what someone else posts but I can control how I respond to it....or even if I want to see it. A lot of those people found themselves de-friended and a few even asked why. I simply told them that Facebook was something I chose to do with my free time and I didn't want to waste that precious time feeding into or accepting negativity. That's my choice.

But I looked into other parts of my life as well and decided that it could use a complete overhaul in the negativity department. Did I really want to teach my children that it's acceptable to choose negativity? Of course not.

The world doesn't need more negativity. It needs more love...light...and inspiration. This is what my blog will be dedicated to. The things I love. The things that bring light to me...and the things that inspire me. It seemed to me the perfect place for something like this because I have met people on E that I consider to have amazingly beautiful souls and are constantly a source of inspiration and light.

I hope you enjoy it.

"I am the one thing in life I can control
I am inimitable I am an original
I'm not falling behind or running late
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

jouzinka

Oh, dear. I love your intro. I think I will be a resident. :)
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Aislinn

This week has been frustrating on more levels then one. I know that I've devoted this blog to being positive and I promise that you'll see where I'm going with it soon enough...

The holidays are always busy. Presents to buy. Cookies to make. House to decorate. I've been devoted for years to making the holidays the best I can for my children and making the season mean something. Add on to that normal life, work, school. Then this week, Mother Nature decided to rage on my little corner of the Pacific Northwest and did a lot of damage to the area around me. Luckily our home is fine and everyone I love and care for escaped the floods and tornado - feels weird even typing the word 'tornado'.....those don't happen here - and all we really had to deal with is the uncertainty of landslides, horrible traffic and school closures. Annoying and frustrating...but it could have been worse.

I've spent a lot of time thinking about how to deal with negative people and negative feelings...but what do you do when you are feeling negative about a situation? It's a hard place to be in because honestly there is nothing you can do. You have to deal with what is in front of you and accept it or do something about it.

I spend a good deal of time telling other people that I will be 'less busy' after such-and-such time....Marching band season. Winter Guard season. Holiday season. The truth is...this is my life. I have to accept it or change it. The thing is...I love my life. I love being busy. Yes it's exhausting...but it's a good exhausting. Why would I want to change it?

I think the point of this post is that I feel like too often we are struggling against our own lives...which can be a negative. Of course, this could mean one of a million things....but as soon as we accept who we are and what we are...whatever that might be.....things fall into place. When things fall into place, the right people fall into place. Those people that will accept you and support you.

Of course...I could just be spouting nonsense. But I like the sound of it. =-)
I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”

Aislinn

I'm not standing still,
I am lying in wait.”