Dishes Best Served Cold [MUL]

Started by Served Cold, September 21, 2009, 10:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Served Cold

In general, I’m very flexible, very open minded, and I have a wide range of turn ons.  If there’s something you want to see in a potential story we negotiate, bring it up in a PM.

Available Stories

To Capture a Royal/The Adventure of Virtuous Yin and Heavenly Yang.

Inspired by Jade Empire more than anything else, this game would be an action-packed wushu adventure set in a pseudo-medieval China. 

On the darker end of the spectrum, a rebellious prince/princess tries to bring the attention of the empire to the deplorable condition of its prisons.  He/she conspires with a dangerous, hardened criminal (played by yours truly) to stage a mock hostage situation in the Emperor’s most desolate mine, in order to negotiate more humane conditions for the prisoners.  But the situation takes a turn for the worse when the criminal escapes from the mines with the prince/princess in chains, vanishing into the mists.  My character sees his prisoner not only as a bargaining chip against the Empire, but as a means of avenging himself of the torment he has suffered in his captivity.

On the lighter end of the spectrum, our two characters are at the core of a secret rebellion against a corrupt and evil usurper to the Imperial throne.  They travel the countryside together, learning secret martial arts styles, defending the people against ghosts, demons, and the Empire’s depredations.  Though the Empire’s assassins are sent against them, though their enemies are legion, our brave heroes will fight on in the name of justice!

To Steal Heaven’s Fire/Most Devoted
This is a fantasy story set in a more conventional setting.

Both stories have the following premise; I play a god, recently banished/exiled/deposed from his/her place in the heavens, and reduced to a shell of his/her formerly divine self.  The gender, nature, and divine portfolio of my former godling will vary depending on the direction we take the story.

On the darker side of things, you play an opportunistic mortal wizard who is the first to find my character after my fall from the heavens.  You bind my spirit to yourself to steal the remnants of my divine power.  At first you restrain yourself to petty revenge against those who wronged you in the past, other such minor things, but as you abuse your captive and satisfy your darkest desires with your bound god, you begin to turn your ambitions to darker ends.  In the end, you conceive a plan to use me to fuel your own drive towards immortality or apotheosis.

On the other side of things, instead of binding me, you instead are one of my last remaining worshipers.  When you find my fallen body, you risk all danger to hide and protect me as I heal myself from the pain and damage of my fall.  When I recover, we set out on an epic quest to reclaim my place among the pantheon.

Not Alone In My Own Head
[noir exposition]John Doe is my name.  Don't start, I've heard every joke and so-called witticism you can come up with.  It really is my name.  Even if it wasn't the one I was born to, it's the one I've had since the day they found me naked but for a blanket, bleeding from a gunshot wound, and short one lifetime's worth of memories outside the hospital.  They guessed I was about thirteen, but I couldn't exactly help them with that, now could I?

Anyway, flash forward a dozen or so years.  I'm a private eye.  Not because I enjoy skulking outside of cheap motels hoping to snap a couple of dirty pictures of a man getting a little something from a woman besides his wife, or the cheap foot or lousy company you get to keep.  No, I'm in the business because, aside from a scar on my abdomen, I have one other little legacy.

I can find things.  Things, people, whatever.  I just concentrate on it, and I know where it is, how far away, and sometimes a little something about how it got there.  All fine and well and good, and it makes the vanishing daughter jobs a little easier, right?

Then this priest walks into my office and hires me to find a relic stolen from his church.  All right, fine, I said, telling him my per diem rate and how I bill for expenses.  All right, fine, he says, handing me a check with more zeroes on it than I can believe.

So I track down his missing...what did he call it?  Reliquary, that's it.  Little holy thing that has the bones of a saint in it.  Morbid as all get out, but I'm being paid, right?  Long story short, I find the box, and the people who took it (dumb kids playing at Satan worship...I sent 'em home with hurt feelings and maybe a couple of broken bones).  But in the scuffle, the box gets damaged, and all of a sudden, I'm not alone in my own head anymore.

Riding shotgun in my noggin is a real life honest-to-god fallen angel.  Her name is something ending with -el...I don't know, I can't get a straight answer out of her.  She's been around a long, long time, near as I can figure, and she's got her mission to work her Master's will in the world.  And now she gets to figure out a way to do it through me?  But I figure, what could a fallen angel know about temptation and manipulation of humans, right?

Yeah, I'm fucked.  And to make matters worse, the Vatican's gotten wind that their little box spilled its contents between my ears.  So with a demoness whispering in my ear, bills to pay, an unknown past, and the Pope's own hitmen on my tail, I got the life expectancy of a frog on the Interstate at rush hour.

Foster mom always said I should have been an accountant.[/noir exposition]

So anyone who's read the Dresden Files knows where I got the inspiration for this game.  I'm looking for someone to take on the role of "her name ends with -el" to play the part of demonic temptress for poor John Doe, and possibly run some supporting characters.  Her nature, goals, and particular abilities are open for discussion, and I quite hope to have some interesting discussions on this one!

And They Called Me Mad
In a world of brightly colored heroes and vigilantes, of lost sons of doomed planets and terrible magic artifacts, of villains forever scheming of world domination, nothing can strike at the core of a metahuman like losing one's powers.  And that is precisely what has happened to one of the premiere champions of truth and justice known to the world.

After a conflict with an alternate universe version of herself, Heroine was struck by an anti-matter beam just before her doppelganger retreated back into the dimensional rift.  In a heartbeat, all those abilities that had made her a hero, those powers she had relied upon since she started her career as a plucky sidekick, vanished.  Despite assurances from her team-mates, as the days rolled over into weeks, it became clear to Heroine that her powers would not come back on their own.

So began her journey, consulting with the world's most renowned heroic experts in science, medicine, interdimensional technology, and even time-travel.  Every time, she ran into the same dead end.  Nobody could explain why her powers had gone, or how she could get them back. 

It was then that Heroine noticed that the team began to phase her out of active duty.  That rogue werewolf pack in the Black Forest?  Must have just forgotten to send the distress signal on all channels.  The virus in the communications satellites turning iPhone users into zombies?  Well, it was really more of a technical battle, nothing personal about it, there was just nothing she could do by the time they had it all wrapped up.

Sooner or later, Heroine got the message that her teammates took the loss of her powers to mean that she wasn't in the team anymore.  Not that anyone came right out and said it, but as time went by they couldn't quite keep the looks of pity hidden, and that stung worse than Dr. Hornet's sting beam (tm).

So Heroine decided to put everything down on the table for one last toss of the dice

Thanks to all for the time and attention.  Since the heroic experts hadn't been able to help her, what could the villainous ones do?  Of course, there was no greater expert on the Metahuman Phenomenon than the notorious Dr. Bli.

And so begins a Silence of the Lambs type scenario, between your character, the aforementioned Heroine, and mine, Dr. Bli.  Heroine (who can have any name you like, I just wanted something I could use for the sake of describing the scenario) consults Dr. Bli, currently in his eleventh period of incarceration in the most secure prison facility in the world, for help recovering her powers.  Dr. Bli wants to be free, of course, but moreso than that, he sees the opportunity to corrupt a great hero by offering her what no one else could or would.

If interested in this story, we have quite a bit of background to work out...Heroine's origin story and powers, relationship and history with Dr. Bli, and what direction we can see the story taking once it gets off the ground.

Served Cold

Stories Found

Taken by Snow Cherry
A Share of the Treasure/Experimental Protocol
Inspired by a whole host of science fiction novels, movies, and television shows, this game would be a scifi adventure of political intrigue, set in the far future.

On the darker end of the spectrum, a charismatic and brazen captain of a pirate ship, played by yours truly, completes a successful raid against what was supposed to be a richly laden merchant vessel.  Instead, he finds that thanks to a bureaucratic mix up and last minute rescheduling (or possible deliberate machination), he has instead captured the transport ship of the youngest son/daughter of a powerful noble family.  My character had been depending on the loot from the raid to pay his crew and repair his ship.  While he isn’t averse to ransoming his hostage, it’s a very careful procedure that requires time, negotiation, and a healthy dose of paranoia.  Plus, his crew really hasn’t been paid in quite some time, and he did promise them a share of what they seized….

On the other end of the spectrum, things play out as before, with a smaller pirate ship and smaller crew.  What they seize turns out to be an experimental superweapon a la River Tam, from Firefly.  The question of what to do with the weapon/person, as well as avoiding the agents sent to retrieve him/her, hang heavy, especially when the pirate sees firsthand just what the weapon can do.

Begun with Mithlomwen
Drinking from the Well of Poisoned Desire
This story has tremendous flexibility in terms of setting.  I originally imagined it in a generic fantasy setting, but with very little modification to the basic premise, we could do it as modern fantasy, science-fiction/fantasy, or what have you.

For the sake of shorthand, let's say that I want to play a genie.  What I actually mean is a creature of immense power bound into a focus and forced to fulfill the desires, or "wishes" of mortals.  All the while, this character holds them in nothing but contempt, but is powerless to directly act in the world unless fulfilling the express or implied wishes of its master.  The gender of the creature in question can be flexible, as can the gender of the person that discovers its bottle.  Male, female, both, neither...I'm open to discussion on this point.

What I'm looking for with the story is the subtle power struggle that would occur between the two main characters.  My "genie" will be working to ensure that, in granting its master's wishes, it is also destroying everything he or she loves, with the end goal of leaving behind shattered dreams and broken promises. 

Just like the setting, the theme itself is up for negotiation.  Is this a tragic story, in which the genie's master has every desire satisfied, but is left broken by the forces of misfortune even as fate steals the genie away again?  Is the master a more heroic character, able to resist temptation and seek to protect the world from the menace the genie represents?  We may even be looking at a story of redemption, if the master can bring humanity to an inhuman creature.

My imagination flows over at the possibilities of a story like this, so I have precious few details.  Let me know if this is your cup of tea.

Investigating with Lilias
Sorcery over Baker Street/At the Old Hellfire Club

Drawing on my love of Victorian-setting stories, the works of Arthur Conan Doyle, and the sorcerer-detective as a character archetype, I have a pair of stories invoking that setting and associated trope.  In Sorcery over Baker Street, my character is akin to the bastard offspring of Sherlock Holmes and Harry Dresden, establishing himself as a consulting detective to good people of London.  He is aided by Dr. Jane Watson, no mean sorceress herself, and quickly bound together by the red strings of fate into an attraction and love that neither wanted or expected.

As this is the lighter version of the story-pair, sexual elements would be secondary to the mysteries revealed to the pair as they investigate (here we would collaborate on the crimes and solutions) as the romantic and sensual tension rise between them.  Before beginning, we would need to establish the ground rules and world-building that would lead to consistency and common understanding about the direction of the story.

On the darker side, At the Hellfire Club takes the worst traits of Holmes, House, and Dresden, and puts them together in the character of Arthur Eldridge.  A noble scion privileged almost beyond imagining, he exemplifies the worst excesses of his class and time.  Deflowering the girls of his lands and holdings without regard for their consent, profiting from both the slave trade and information brokering to the governments of the continent, and dabbling in the black arts to meet his own debauched pleasures.  At the Hellfire Club, he meets a woman that may be his equal in depravity.  A mysterious Egyptian girl "belonging" to a fellow member of the club catches his eye, his lust, and Arthur *must* possess her. 

The nature of the girl, the cause of the spell she casts over Arthur, and what the pair do in order to out-do each other in the pursuit of hedonism are up for discussion.

Served Cold

Games Lost
Games I have begun, but lost.  I would be interested in beginning these anew.

A Game to be Named Later
This game is sort of different in kind from my previous suggestions, being much simpler, less complicated, less plot driven.  That does not mean to say that it cannot be insanely fun, however.

Simply put, I'd like a good old fashioned girl-meets-tentacled horror story, of the kind featured in the thread group Maiden vs. Monster.  I would play the monster.

Maiden Sacrifice/Dragonbait
On the darker end of things, we have a familiar story.  Maiden sacrificed to a mighty and terribly dragon, dragon accepts the sacrifice, dragon ravishes maiden.  Non-consensual, bestial S&M fun is had by all!

The second variation of this story is more tongue in cheek than the darker extreme.  The premise is this:  a kingdom offers up its princess for sacrifice to the mighty and terrible dragon the day before her wedding.  If the dragon does not accept the sacrifice, the princess goes on to get married.  If the sacrifice is accepted, she is never seen again.  Either way, the kingdom enjoys the dragon's protection for another generation.

The thing is; there is no dragon.  It was a story made up ages ago to frighten the kingdom's more powerful neighbors with tales of their fearsome defender.  Only now a young dragon has established his lair, learned of this rather quaint custom, and mistakenly comes to the impression that he is expected to take the lovely young maiden back to his lair in exchange for the privilege of living in the kingdom.  It's a small price to pay, but a bothersome one.  After all, what would he do with a human girl?  Do you have to feed them and take them for walks or anything like that?

Like I said, this is tongue in cheek, with the potential to head in the direction of an inhuman romance, beauty and the beast style.  Perhaps the dragon is simply nicer than the princess' fiance and doesn't just regard her as a vehicle for producing heirs.  Perhaps she realizes that with a naive young dragon bent to her will, she could return to the kingdom in style and make a few changes she's always had in mind...

Served Cold

**Added "Maiden Sacrifice/Dragonbait."**

endlesspie

I'm interested in the dragon storys, both plots I like so i'm open to either of them.

Served Cold

***Added "Not Alone in my Own Head.***

Marlow

Quote from: Served Cold on September 21, 2009, 10:42:55 AM

To Capture a Royal/The Adventure of Virtuous Yin and Heavenly Yang.

Inspired by Jade Empire more than anything else, this game would be an action-packed wushu adventure set in a pseudo-medieval China. 

On the darker end of the spectrum, a rebellious prince/princess tries to bring the attention of the empire to the deplorable condition of its prisons.  He/she conspires with a dangerous, hardened criminal (played by yours truly) to stage a mock hostage situation in the Emperor’s most desolate mine, in order to negotiate more humane conditions for the prisoners.  But the situation takes a turn for the worse when the criminal escapes from the mines with the prince/princess in chains, vanishing into the mists.  My character sees his prisoner not only as a bargaining chip against the Empire, but as a means of avenging himself of the torment he has suffered in his captivity.

On the lighter end of the spectrum, our two characters are at the core of a secret rebellion against a corrupt and evil usurper to the Imperial throne.  They travel the countryside together, learning secret martial arts styles, defending the people against ghosts, demons, and the Empire’s depredations.  Though the Empire’s assassins are sent against them, though their enemies are legion, our brave heroes will fight on in the name of justice!
I'm interested in this idea, although, personally, I think merging the two ideas together would be a cool idea. For example, instead of your character being an embittered criminal looking for revenge, you're part of the underground rebellion who captures the Prince/Princess as leverage against the Kingdom, but soon the Prince/Princess is convinced of the current ruler's corruption and joins the underground.

One question though, do you object to people playing different genders? I have no qualms with playing a male, although I'm a guy in real life, and Roleplaying gives me the opportunity to be something I can't in real life. 
I DO NOT CARE ABOUT OOC GENDER!!! NONE OF MY IDEA THREADS ARE FIRST-COME FIRST-SERVE!!!

Served Cold

1-16-2009

**Added Sorcery over Baker Street/At the Old Hellfire Club.**

Served Cold

After a minor hiccup, we appear to be back online.

Served Cold