Heroes Of The New World

Started by Interested, April 01, 2013, 10:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interested

Quote from: Interested on April 02, 2013, 03:22:04 PM
Yes please, I or whomever else can roll themselves off in Off-Topic. I want people to join this. . .

Both of you are correct, actually. I will allow her to re-roll one more time since she doesn't have super speed, but you are actually correct to, you don't just re-roll until you get something you like.

Carlissa

Quote from: MaiMizzu on April 02, 2013, 03:09:34 PM
Shouldn't the object of this be you use what powers you get at random, not what you pick and choose?

Aye, you're right. My dislike for that creepy-ass Zommari has blinded my creative vision. I apologize. Please forgive my selfishness.

I'll replace the speed with the Electronic Creature Creation then.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Ebb

Quote from: Interested on April 02, 2013, 03:22:04 PM
Yes please, I or whomever else can roll themselves off in Off-Topic. I want people to join this. . .

Sounds good, and I hope your game fills. It looks like fun.

Anyone reading this who just wants to play around with making characters without cluttering Interested's game thread, please come on over to The League of Justification.

Blythe

I'm going to tentatively sound interest in this, although until I see a character sheet template and what type of posts you're looking for, I'm on the fence.

What type of duties would be required of a co-GM?

The powers I got seem to be well-themed with one another, so I'm definitely going to keep checking back here to see where this RP is headed:

http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Infusion
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Sin_Embodiment
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Armor

Interested

Name:
Biography: (Long enough to covers the important parts, short enough to keep my attention, like a skirt.)
Other:

QuoteWhat type of duties would be required of a co-GM?

Duties? Well, PM me if I'm inactive. You can take partial control of the role play if you see me missing out important parts, you can do something about it. Also, sometimes you might want to take control of the role play if I'm absent and can't post.

Blythe

I'll have to think about it a bit. If I decide to bite on this, I'll shoot you a PM.

Interested

Quote from: Blythe on April 02, 2013, 06:56:44 PM
I'll have to think about it a bit. If I decide to bite on this, I'll shoot you a PM.

Shoot me a PM? That sounds painful but please do! ^-^

MaiMizzu

So help me out with this...
the last two powers are simple, I got those figured out.
But I need help with zodiac physiology.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zodiac_Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into any or certain Astrological Zodiac signs.
So does this mean my character turns into each of the zodiac animals? I'm using the chinese zodiac, by the way. Or does it mean she gets the attributes listed along with those animals? Like
QuoteHorse: Horse, Fire, Healing[/i]
When she took on this zodiac sign, she gains healing abilities? Like maybe she can have 1 sign active at a time? Or is it simple transformation ito the animals?
Opinions and guidance would be very helpful..
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Interested

Quote from: MaiMizzu on April 02, 2013, 08:01:37 PM
So help me out with this...
the last two powers are simple, I got those figured out.
But I need help with zodiac physiology.
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Zodiac_Physiology
User with this ability either is or can transform into any or certain Astrological Zodiac signs.
So does this mean my character turns into each of the zodiac animals? I'm using the chinese zodiac, by the way. Or does it mean she gets the attributes listed along with those animals? Like
QuoteHorse: Horse, Fire, Healing[/i]
When she took on this zodiac sign, she gains healing abilities? Like maybe she can have 1 sign active at a time? Or is it simple transformation ito the animals?
Opinions and guidance would be very helpful..

You have the powers of the Chinese Zodiac. . . or the other, if you prefer. :) That will allow you to tap into all of those powers.:)

If you choose the Chinese ZOdiac, which I encourage you to do, you can use all dragon and other animal, elemental and other wise kidn of powers you want.

MaiMizzu

So your answer to my questions is 'yes'?
You dont think that's to many powers? Liek i said, if this is the case, my character would only be able to access one power at a time.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Interested

Quote from: MaiMizzu on April 02, 2013, 08:12:39 PM
So your answer to my questions is 'yes'?
You dont think that's to many powers? Liek i said, if this is the case, my character would only be able to access one power at a time.
Yea, I had a similar role like you, so I have added powers. :)

MaiMizzu

I swear my RP posts are always more detailed than what I have here. I just wanted to get something in place.

Name: Zoe Thewes
Appearance:
Personality: Zoe always tries to do what is best for everyone, but sometimes that ends up backfiring. Ever since she was little, she was convinced she had to take the lead of any situation. Even when it wasn’t appropriate. This makes her obnoxious at times, and she’s very stubborn. Sometimes she can be gruff and rough edged, but she is always very caring and tender towards her friends.
Biography: Zoe was born to a farming family in Ohio. Her childhood was normal enough, nothing out of the ordinary. She was always very bashful in school, often keeping to herself in most situations. She enjoyed living and working on their family’s small farm. She had one little brother, who was killed a number of years ago. Her father recently passed away from cancer. Her mother no longer wished to live on their farm, so she sold it. Zoe left Ohio, and has been travelling ever since. She has discovered only a few of the powers she has, making no connections as to what they entail or why she has them at all.
Other: Her powersets are:
Zodiac Physiology, Copper Manipulation and Metal Breath

Primarch

I'm afraid I need to bow out, I'm involved in too much I'm afraid.

AribethAmkiir

Not really sure about this game.  The idea of picking powers randomly and creating a character from that was great; however, that creates a game without much balance in it.  Many of the players have attempted to police themselves, but there are a few characters that appear ridiculously overpowered, at least on paper.  Not sure if there's an easy remedy to this or not, or if Interested even thinks it's an issue.

Interested

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on April 02, 2013, 11:21:51 PM
Not really sure about this game.  The idea of picking powers randomly and creating a character from that was great; however, that creates a game without much balance in it.  Many of the players have attempted to police themselves, but there are a few characters that appear ridiculously overpowered, at least on paper.  Not sure if there's an easy remedy to this or not, or if Interested even thinks it's an issue.

Oh it's an issue alright. Don't worry, I have a back up plan to make the game just as fun for the "weaklings" as it is for the powerful.

Ramael

Still hovering and being non-commital (sorry) but also not running away just yet. Might wait to see what happens in my other interest thread and fresh new game first.

Carlissa

Quote from: Interested on April 02, 2013, 11:23:30 PM
Oh it's an issue alright. Don't worry, I have a back up plan to make the game just as fun for the "weaklings" as it is for the powerful.

Umm... Can we hear this plan?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

Interested

Anyone who rolls low powered abilities rather than hugely powerful ones, have something like a headquarters, lairs, servant NPC's, and resources.

Interested

Hmmm I hope more people are interested, besides me of course.

Chaeronea

Been working for a week on trying to scale back my character's background, Interested, but this is the best I could do. Let me know if you want to chop it back further. Also, when I get the time I'm going to go into the powersets in a bit more detail.

Name: Dylan Forrester
Appearance: 
Personality: Dylan acts taciturn and withdrawn, appearing somewhat surly due to his past experiences. As a result he places a high value on keeping his word and sticking to his morals, and has respect for those who do the same. He does not find it easy to open up to others, but finds it a lot easier than a few years ago, and once he does he will stick by them through thick and thin. Although he grew up in a rough environment he has a strong sense of morals, although he is fairly harsh when it comes to upholding them. In his younger days Dylan tended to use his fists as his first option, but since his adoption and continued counselling has eased that tendency, making a conscious effort to avoid fighting. If diplomacy fails, however, he will wade in without hesitation.

Biography: Abandoned by his mother at birth, Dylan spent his childhood living in one of the rougher areas of Detroit with his father. While his father worked long hours at a construction job Dylan studied what he could at school and learned martial arts to defend himself at school since his father wouldn't let him carry a gun or a knife like many of his fellow students. This situation continued until shortly after Dylan's twelfth birthday when his father was killed in a work accident. Rather than go to an orphanage Dylan began living on the streets, fighting to protect himself and also to make money to live on in illegal fights. Not long after he turned sixteen Dylan ended up in hospital with burns and smoke inhalation after rescuing several homeless people from an abandoned warehouse that had caught fire. A records check by the hospital revealed Dylan;s status as a homeless orphan and Family Services became involved, much to his displeasure.

Life in an orphanage wasn't as bad as Dylan had feared from the horror stories he had heard, but it still took some getting used to. Coupled with his issues over the death of his father Dylan was sent to a youth counsellor who ended up adopting him. Ironically it turned out that life with the counsellor and her family was one of the best things that happened to him. For the next two years Dylan lived a relatively normal life, going to high school, catching up on his missed education and basically enjoying being part of a family. He was still attending counselling sessions on a regular basis and was feeling as though finally things were going well for him - until the night of The Change.

Although he didn't know it at the time (and still doesn't) an inugami spirit took up residence within Dylan on the night of The Change. The next morning he woke up hungrier, thirstier and angrier than he had ever been before, and it was only his strength of will and the closeness he felt towards his fellow family members kept him from doing something violent. As the days pass Dylan is more and more aware that he is stronger, faster and tougher than he ever has been before but he is worried about the price. And as more powers and abilities surface even as his dreams turn more violent and angry, Dylan wonders what is really happening to him - and just how long he can keep from losing his mind...

Other: Dylan's powersets are Inugami Physiology, Formulated Blasts and Ocular Techniques.