Awkward

Started by Alliance, June 08, 2011, 09:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alliance

I am finding some post show my signature and other post don't. This may be my connection, I just found it odd.

And wonder what I should be doing to fix this.

Oniya

Signatures only show once per page.  The first time you post on a thread, it will show your signature, then not again until the thread goes to a new page. 
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Alliance

Quote from: Oniya on June 08, 2011, 09:10:14 AM
Signatures only show once per page.  The first time you post on a thread, it will show your signature, then not again until the thread goes to a new page.

Ah.

I much use to my other forums. Signature show all the time.

Sorry, I guess I didn't understand this point.

Oniya

Yeah, it's a bit unusual.  Apparently, there was an issue with signatures that were large enough to scroll, which caused problems when people were using a scroll-wheel to scroll down a thread.  It's not so apparent in a thread with multiple participants, but when you have two people going back and forth (and therefore each person is posting multiple times on a page), the scroll wheel would 'catch' every time that it got to the taller signature.  Rather than forcing all of the people with taller signatures to redesign them, it was decided to only show the signature once per page.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Alliance

Understandable. I'm just kind of egotistical it appears, as I just made this 2hrs and am in deep love. I must stare at it all the time. hahaha. That sounds odd.