News:

Main Menu

Zombies can love?

Started by blackcatotaku, November 20, 2012, 11:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koto Tomoya

Ha, I love how you guys are immediately thinking Twilight as soon as you see a mythical creature developing a love interest in a human. XD
I kinda see the acting portrayed in the clip as a sort of "Zombieland" meets "Romeo and Juliette" kinda movie (I kinda got the hint of Shakespere when the zombie said his name began with an "R or something" (Romeo), his best friend's name used to start with an M (Mercutio), and the love interest's name is Juliette who's father is the leader of the zombie hunters). Sure the zombies may seem cheezy, but if you remember watching the origonal "Dawn of the Dead" your first time, then you kinda see where the cheeziness doesn't really matter as much, cause you still know that any movie with zombies in it is fucking awesome. XD

Aside from all that, I think it looks like an interesting comedy and I really like how they focused on personifying the undead, after all, they were people too and all had lives at one point, so it kinda does some justice to see a zombie movie that has a possible happy ending (though with all the references I've found to R&J, it doesn't really look like it will come out like that).
But don't let my good review sway you, I was kinda ticked to see that yet again, another porcelain skinned pretty boy was chosen for the lead role in this romantic comedy and that would be enough for me to start a full three page rant on how beauty and good looks in cinema do not always reflect the quality of a person's acting, no matter how much I enjoyed the zombie's internal monologue.
Koto-kun's On's and Off's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=151816.msg6911481#msg6911481

Tomorrow is another day, not just any day, but it is a day, it will get here there's no question and the important thing to remember is that this simulation is a good one.
~Reggie Watts~

Koren

If they want to do feelings with zombies, they need to take the route of Robert Carlyle's character in 28 Weeks Later in that he was still a zombie, and still consumed by his need to eat and still had all those instincts, but through the film you see him following his family, not attacking them, just watching, almost as if he is watching over them still.
For that reason alone that movie was brillant.

Thats how you do serious zombie emotions. But to be honest the casting already has lost all credibility for me. It looks like something just to draw young teen girls it.
Its what I hate about Robert Pattinson, because hes seen as a "hot guy" but really his mind is fricken incredible, and hes a great person, casting roles and looks aside, because really, looks dont matter (oh and he hates twilight more then anything so that should say something about the movies if the cast hates it)
They need to start chosing people for their acting, and not for the way that they meet a role or a character. Acting will carry over above everything else, a bit like script writing verses aesthetic in that way

Rave

There's just a giant chance that this movie will be terrible, and will gather enough resentment and hate that people will be talking about it like it's the Zombie Twilight.

However, if luck strikes and it's actually decent...well, who knows.

Anteros Vox

I don't like the preview for this. I don't think zombies should be taken away from being hardcore I want to eat your face. I like scary zombies.....

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Rave on January 26, 2013, 01:12:52 AM
There's just a giant chance that this movie will be terrible, and will gather enough resentment and hate that people will be talking about it like it's the Zombie Twilight.

However, if luck strikes and it's actually decent...well, who knows.

The word of both worlds will be if it sucks, but still makes a profit. That'll only encourage more copycats with different monsters.

Beorning

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on January 27, 2013, 02:26:20 PM
The word of both worlds will be if it sucks, but still makes a profit. That'll only encourage more copycats with different monsters.

Penanggalan romance! You all know you want it  ;D

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Beorning on January 27, 2013, 03:04:42 PM
Penanggalan romance! You all know you want it  ;D

It'd be at the head of the monster-romance genre, for certain.

Oniya

I don't know.  I've heard they have rather acerbic personalities.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

LilyRoseBlack23

Quote from: blackcatotaku on November 20, 2012, 11:51:00 AM
Okay... So I a friend of mine showed me this trailer at first we thought it was a joke but it appears that this will be a real move... Tell me do you think this is a good idea? Or are they ruining Zombies? Maybe I'm alone in thinking that this might be pushing the idea of lovable monsters too far...
Warm Bodies Official Trailer #1 (2013) - Zombie Movie HD

Yea but as crazy as the idea sounds, you gotta give them props for thinking outside the box, it's not just about one zombie falling in love, it's about them all changing/learning. In my opinion, sure it may not pan out, but at least they had the balls to try something new and not just do another typical cliché zombie flick.