Kingmaker?

Started by Blinkin, November 06, 2013, 04:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Florence

Since I'm not the one running this, I can't say for certain, but I assume since the accepted characters were just posted, new characters are not being considered.

Though, I did notice one thing. I can't say I've ever gotten far enough into Kingmaker to know how the whole kingdom management stuff works... but should we at all be concerned that our party does seem to lack any character with notable charisma? I think I saw +1 or +2 being the highest bonuses to charisma in our party.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blinkin

With the point spread, +1 to +2 is about as good as it's going to get in the Charisma department. In spite of changes to both D&D and Pathfinder, it's still the throw a-way stat. The druid and Ranger are really the only classes where Charisma are more than marginally important because of the skill sets and class feats... but since the average person as +0 to Charisma, a +1 is above the average and there should be 2 or 3 chances to increase it... but Charisma isn't always the important thing in building a kingdom... security and might are usually the important things early on.

I usually put more into Charisma just because I like the social skills, but other things took priority in a low point build.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Florence

Good point. I almost wish I used my half-drow Bard, but as much as I love Meredith, I've been itching for an excuse to play Shel.

Ruler is definitely not where she's gonna wind up xD I looked over the leadership positions and I figure she'll probably lean more towards being the spymaster xD
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Blinkin

Good points. I can't see Lara being the ruler type. She has too much of an ichy foot to stay in one place long enough... but she would be happy with some other postion... lol
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Latooni Subota

Remember, you don't NEED to be in some of those rulership positions. Though, having someone with Leadership in the end would help probably. XD
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Florence

-pokes this rp-

Any ETA on having an OOC or IC thread up?

Blinkin

There are old IC and OOC threads from the first attempt at this game, but I don't know if Auto wants to use those or create new ones. The links for these are in one of the last few post or so if you want to review them.

I think Auto is out of town until the 1st and doesn't have access... of course, I could be wrong on that.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Florence

I actually still have the old ones bookmarked, I think xD

I'm terrible at cleaning inactive threads from my bookmarks xD

Blinkin

I actually had to go hunting through my past post to find them. I'm bad at keeping my bookmarks clean, but when I go through them, I tend to dump nearly everything.

I have a tendency to hold onto inactive threads until the system dumps them... or to dump ones that i'll suddenly need again.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Autocad

OOC thread for character sheets is up: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190641.0

IC thread to follow soon.

Florence

Faeli

I think you all should do a headcount and decide you need one more person  >_>

Blinkin

Hmmm... lets see... 1... 2... 3.. What comes after 3? Oh! ...4... 5 if we count the male's other head.

On the down side, if the GM stretched the party to include one more, there's quite a few ahead in line waiting for that event.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Faeli

Yeah, but I applied basically the moment I got accepted, whereas they were months and years into their respective accounts so, from that angle, I was here first.

*doesn't care that it is illogical!*

:P

Have fun with the game though, :)

Inash

So tempting to claim the males other head should count for two....

Autocad

IC thread is up!

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190648.0

I will be away on vacation next week until December. In the meantime, Blinkin and Finn MacKenna can control NPCs if required.

The key objective for the party in the coming week is to get to know each other and come to a consensus, either IC-ly or OOC-ly, about which quest they want to take.

Florence

Latooni Subota

Sorry it took me a bit to notice the OOC/IC was up. Busy weekend!
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Autocad

Good news is, I have wifi at the hotel so I can check posts and answer simple questions. Bad news is, I still won't be able to make long or IC posts.

Florence

One question. :o What exactly is the status of our old characters and, if they're still around, are we able to NPC them? :O

Autocad

Silas took spider venom bite and is recovering slowly becuase the dm said so he turned out to be allergic to it.

Adelise and Oriana are pregnant thanks to magic radish hax.

Yes, you can still NPC them.