News:

Main Menu

Demography

Started by Elvi, May 20, 2006, 03:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvi

I was sitting thinking on this earlier.
The people I play with, on here, are spread all over the world and was wondering why I picked those I picked.

We have players from America, Argentina, Canada, UK, Germany, Poland, Sweden, Holland (I am sure there are countries that I have missed) and now a member in Mexico.

I don't conciously say I am not playing with that player because they are from Xcountry or Xstate when it comes to America, but there is a deffinate pattern to the ones I get on with personally and again in roleplaying terms.

So, tell me, when you are looking for a roleplay partner, how do you choose and what pattern do you see in your chosen partners?
It's been fun, but Elvi has now left the building

Violet Maui

When I pick a roleplay partner, it's generally for the quality of their work and their attitude towards me as a mun/player. Other than that, I tend not to notice countries, genders, etc.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

Offs & Ons :: PM if interested!

Elvi

But is there a pattern there Violet?
Thats how I choose ultimately, if I like a persons writing and they are willing to 'negotiate' and be civil.

Then I sit back and see a pattern forming, in both the successful and failed games.

Violet Maui

::ponders. sifts through games.:: I haven't noticed that much of a pattern, although there probably is one I'm not seeing.

I do find that if I enjoy a person (story/attitude) that I will ask them to play again - and sometimes take on more than one game at once with that said person.

And if the game we're playing fails, I try to start a new one - Although, I have started planning and plotting storylines ahead of time so that we don't come to a stalemate.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me. So tie me up and throw me down, to show me that you like me."

King_Furby

Where a person come from does not matter to me. Though i do notice that most of my RP partners come from the same country I do. I am an American and most of my partners happen to be also. I don't go out just looking for other Americans but it just happens that way.

I usually pick people who I can get along with and can share a chuckled or two. I look for someone who is not afraid to do a little OOC chat. I have played with people that want RP and only RP but it's nice to know a little about the person.

One pattern i see with myself is that i only do one RP per person. Even after a game ends or whatever i don't really start another RP with that person. Not that I am against that but it just never works out. It depends on who wants to end the RP really. If someone wanted to close a game with me i doubt i would just toss out another idea. Same goes if I end a game with someone, because of whatever. Its not common for me to do a new RP with someone when a game has ended. I don't hold a grudge or get angry or nothing but it just never seems to work out.

If an RP i am doing goes under or ends i just move onto a new idea and find a new partner. There are so many people who RP so i would just rather start a game with someone i have never played with before. A new game and new players always seems to work out nice and to keep things fresh. I honestly don't have many games end so it's not much of a problem for me.

Most of my RP's just end up going for several months or years and rarely end. I am just thankful that i seem to find very good people to play with.

ultracomplexxx

well, im not sure about a pattern, but i usually read someone profile and checking by it if that person has the same interest i have, and sometimes, without providing much information, you can see when a person is descriptive and analytical, things that got my attention

the country, well, it doesnt really matters, but for roleplay and fantasy exploring, i do find easier to try with people from other countries, like United States, England, Australia to mention some

Elvi

Are there many who roleplay in Mexico?

(Both adult and 'normal' rpg?)

I would have thought it would be easier to use your own language.

ultracomplexxx

as a matter of fact, i have found only rooms to chat, but not for roleplay, at least that i know
this world of rp for some reason is on english, and through yahoo i have found people to roleplay with, and now this site seems very promising. So i hope i can get "un-restricted" soon, so i can check profiles and able to contact people with similar interests

Elvi

That's a shame, it has to be far easier in your own language than in a second language.
(I'm not sure I could do it.) 

The best way to get players interested here, is to place and 'advert' in players wanted.

Tell people what type of game you would like to play, perhaps give them a few ideas?
That way, the players come to you, instead of you having to go to them.

ultracomplexxx

interesting
im usually the one looking for partners, this is totally different to the common messenger roleplay rooms
so i should post on the players wanted section? is there any restriction about what is being looked for ?

Elvi

Site rules apply to all, but apart from that, no....*smiles*

It is always worht looking in Games wanted as well......

ultracomplexxx

well, would be very interesting fantasizing or even playing with you Elvi
seems you are a very smart and analytical woman

Elvi

*laughs*

Some may disagree with that ultra.
But put an 'advert' in players wanted and I will come and talk to you there about it.....

ultracomplexxx

why they... disagree?

Im Julian by the way  ;)

Swedish Steel

Well, playing in a language that's not your primary works fairly well I think, for me at least. I do have problems with long, descriptive posts and the sex scenes (go figure, they didn't teach me much of that stuff in school for some reason). Sometimes I use a phrase I think I know the meaning of, but later realise I wasn't even close. As long as people are clued in on my little peculiarities there shouldn't be much of a problem.
Seems like I mostly play with Americans, but there seem to be alot more of those, so...
"Ah, no, not bukkake chef! Secret ingredient always same."

On Off page:
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=5467.0

ultracomplexxx

i dont think that would be such a problem,,,, sometimes im not sure how to say something, but i usually on those case, i use another similar words or phrases and that solves the problem

Mistiq

I don't know, I would generally PM or IM with anyone that doesn't mind it and who have similar Ons and Offs to mine. Most of them whether or not a roleplay with people depends on whether or not the mind listen to me, or if the don't if they tell me nicely I am happy enough shot out ideas and maybe start a roleplay/

ultracomplexxx

i do the same
the bad thing is that some people gets actually offended if pmed... a simply no as answer is enough, but there are from the very kind person to the neurotic ones who thinks no one can talk to them

but i agree with you, i do pm people i think would have similar interests as mine

Violet Maui

::Pokes Swede.:: Yuh huh, and I'm Canadian.

I've had a game that's gone on five years or more - Same player, same characters. We've built them almost into a three dimmensional character; actually, I think we're just short of making a movie of their adventures. Hehe.

ultracomplexxx

cool idea Violet

the best expression of a fantasy is plasming it on a novel, book... and why not? making a picture of it   lol

(by the way, my apologizes if i disturb you by posting on your ONs / OFFs section)

Elvi

NOTE:

The rest of the conversation has been split into another thread as we had wandered way off topic.
*Naughty Elvi - smacks own hand*