The tableau of Ko [M looking for F]

Started by Ko, September 22, 2013, 06:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ko

Thank you

Thanks for the click! I appreciate that you've taken the time to sneak a look at this tableau, especially as I know you could post a looking for RP of your own and get snapped up by a writing partner in no time.

What you'll find below is a collection of ideas. Get in touch if they perk your interest or if you've been inspired with a related idea. It'll be great to hear from you in a PM. Please don't reply below.

Availability

Cautiously open. Please drop me a message if you think we'd be a strong match.

I was struck down by long term ill health and have been working to get better ever since. Hopefully now on the mend and left with the short of restless energy that a day mixed with light physiotherapy and working at a desk will create. This is the sort of restless energy that Elliquiy seems well placed to satisfy! But I'm cautious about time and response speed.

My Ons and Offs can be found here.

Story ideas
My goal with the tableau is to inspire. I'd love to hear your ideas for characters and worlds. Treat these suggestions as prompts and the beginning of brainstorming sessions with you. These are not cravings but examples of the sort of fictional worlds my mind goes to.

If one of these teasers hits home with you and you'd love to play it, we can, and it'll be great. I remove samples from this thread when that happens to force me to think up new ones and enjoy doing so.

Keyword Index
(Suggestions only)

The Sign of the Sea (TAKEN)
Cover Picture (nsfw)

In the space of one week your apartment burned down, you lost your job and discovered an inheritance you knew nothing about.

With no other prospects and curious about the castle in the highlands of Scotland some unknown relatives have apparently left you pack your bags and travel.  You know you’re not going to be alone. The castle’s caretaker is actually a distant relative too but neither her nor his two sons have any claim on the ancient site. Tradition demands that the castle passes down the female line.

Unknown to you the castle is home to ancient rituals and dark rites. Your long lost uncle is priest of some demonic religion and he, the sons and the whole village at the foot of the castle hill pay homage to the humanoid creatures that live in the cold sea below the cliffs. The basement of the castle is home to inhuman labs, cages of people, unfortunate travellers, as well as animals transformed into whole new species and horrors.

You will play the central role in a Lovecraftian survival story with elements of transformation or even furry thrown in according to taste.

The star demons
Cover Picture

This is a mash-up of an idea. A high fantasy world (orcs, elves, dragons, werewolves, tentacle monsters living in the moonlight pools outside dwarf temples) is transformed beyond imagining when high-technology invaders arrive from the sky in their metal ships. We might call the newcomers aliens but the residents call them the star demons.

The star demons are only a small part of the problem. The disease and virus they brought to the world have caused far more damage. The local monsters, catching the viral infections, have mutated, warped and changed in thousands of ways. Even the civilised races are prone to catching the warping effects of the star demons’ taint. Orcs transform into thunderous beasts. Elves become tall, sinister, psychopaths with a hunger for corruption. Owlbears become more intelligent, more able to stalk their prey and play with their captives. Whole tribes of Kobolds have become slavers, able to raid villages, slay the defenders and drag away the womenfolk.

You would play a survivor in this torn world. You could be a hero or a villain, a human or exotic race, someone with power or a victim trying to survive.
✓ Is there synergy? My ONs & OFFs
✓ I'd like to hear your sexy RP idea.  Or you could check out one of mine.

Ko

Dieselpunk pirates (TAKEN)
Cover Picture

Bodies covered in grease and leather. Piracy with chainsaws and grappling hooks, diplomacy at gunpoint as nations battle each other for control of islands and trade.

It is a world where smog chokes out much of the sunlight, travel by road on great vehicles that bleach out clouds of soot is dangerous and travel by sea in ships powered by mighty engines is even more dangerous but faster and allows the transport of precious cargo and trade goods. Port cities are over-crowded, stuffed with soldiers, criminals and people who will do anything to survive.

The dieselpunk pirates roam the seas, some working for nation state sponsors, others simply in it for themselves to raid merchant vessels for their wealth or food supplies.

You could play a pirate, part of a successful or, if you prefer, failing crew. You could try your luck as a pirate captain with the hard decisions to make and crew to control. You could play a serving wench;  used by a pillaging pirate crew but rather than being left in a mess on one of the tavern tables, kidnapped and taken on board their ship. You could be a spy, sent by one of the naval powers to track down a certain pirate, you could be an engineer favoured by the captain for her ability to get the job done or even a merchant sailor just trying to make an honest living.

Zombie street wars
Cover Picture

The outbreak was man made. It wasn’t a rogue state that released the virus but a wealthy church with a flock of healthy and wealthy families. These were normal people with jobs, kids, computers and cars. These were normal people who believed that the way to Heaven would only open after the final battle.

The plague did not discriminate. Men, women and animals all succumbed to its effects; dying, their heart stopping, only for their body to reanimate, changed and driven only to follow the most basic urges.

No one expected the plague to level out and no one expected the zombies to be so easy to program.

Survivors discovered that the body parts of zombies would merge if pressed together. A headless zombie could have the head of a zombie dog attached to its bloody neck if someone was prepared to push the two corpses together.

More than, survivors also discovered that the unnatural desires of the zombie creatures to hunt and eat flesh could be overwritten – providing there was a brain still intact in the body – if instructions were given on the right frequency.

A hundred years after the outbreak and the world is in ruins. Civilization as it was once is gone. Most survivors shelter in fortified buildings and are ruled by gangs or warlords with tiny armies. Wild zombies are a constant danger. Trained zombies, mutant creations of many body parts, and which have been programmed to be warriors, kidnappers (zombielords are always on the look-out for fresh parts…), steal or guard are the new weapons of mass destruction.

This is a future were tuning forks, solar power, recording devices and computer parts – anything that would let you issue verbal instructions in a range of different harmonic frequencies – are treasure.

You would play a survivor. You could be part of a small group of innocent survivors, trying to stay out of the gang wars and the hordes of zombie warriors they throw against one another. You could be a defender, determined to protect your home from the new terrors or you could be a fighter determined to get revenge of a rival warlord or gang. You could even be a zombielord; someone who has mastered the arts of building and training zombies to do what you will – but watch your back as there are many who envy your skills.

Ko

Cowboy furries and dark rituals
Cover Picture

Capernaum sits on a strip of land between two deserts; the only anthros desperate enough to reach the town by crossing either desert are those looking to flee, hide and avoid the law or those attracted by reports of gold and silver in the nearby Princess Mountain. 

The town’s sheriff, a well-built anthro-lion, is a man with no past. No record of him exists in the State and yet, despite the fake name and the mysterious past, the Capernaum townsfolk trust him to try and keep the peace.

The town’s church burnt down years ago and now the raccoon-priest preaches from a rundown hut on the other side of the street. Rumours whisper of a ghostly lady haunting the area and preventing the church from being rebuilt. The locals also suggest the priest is too busy tending to the numerous strips of iron and protective circles of salt that decorate the graveyard in order to keep the town safe to worry too much about buildings.

The madam of the Shadow Parlour was once a treasure hunter,  they say, but now the black mink-anthro spends her days and nights looking after her prostitutes and the customers who visit.

Capernaum is a town rich with dark, dangerous secrets. It is built on top of an ancient prison, a mystical chamber that holds a dark and unnatural force. It is surrounded by Indian graveyards and the final hiding place of numerous dangerous relics.

In Capernaum the furry residents are balanced between the forces of good and evil, a collection of misfit anthros each with their own secrets and stories.

You could play someone special; someone connected to either the more active of townsfolk allied to either good or evil. You could be an undercover agent hiding among the prostitutes of the Shadow Parlour, a shopkeeper’s wife who is really an assassin, a treasure hunter pretending to be an ordinary prospector or an Indian brave in the town on a mission.

What doesn’t kill you...
Cover Picture

In the near future mankind is recovering from multiple alien and inter-dimensional invaders.

Contact was made on the dark side of the moon when explorers connected this world to another by launching a drone through a crater rimmed with mysterious metal.  The result was to plug Earth into the inter-dimensional super highway of inhabited planets with space level technology.

Contact was made 100 years ago.

It is believed that the first supers were created when the Xur aliens detonated a strange energy bomb in the planet’s atmosphere. The blast knocked out satellites, heralded the first attempted invasion and started a chain of unpredictable reactions as the alien energy interacted with Earth’s systems.

The wars have changed Earth. Most countries are ruled now by right-wing authorities who clamp down on freedom and liberty in the name of public safety. There is a planet wide state of emergency. Police states and dictators are the norm. Few people have the will or the means to rebel. Many believe cooperating with the draconian human authorities is better than weakening the planet’s defences.

Most countries welcome the evolution of the super-powered human. These supers are still incredibly rare; perhaps no more than one or two for every large city, but they make an incredible difference.

Only a few nations ban the presence of supers. Some suggest the supers are nothing more than alien spies.

You could play either a super or a mundane human in this near future world. Your super may be aligned to a government, part of an elite team that responds to national emergencies, a vigilante or even a rebel fighting against the control of the local government. You could play one of numerous alien races, perhaps trapped on Earth after an invasion or misunderstanding and now trying to survive or subvert the planet.

Dragon leather and manacle dungeons
Cover Picture

This roleplay would be perfect for anyone with a world-building itch.  Let’s create the high fantasy setting together.

Woolf’s Brigade is named after an adventurer who died a generation ago. His Brigade continues; replacing members as needed on the long slow and barely successful quest to find fame and fortune.

The surviving four members of the Brigade have come to the town of Halim. The small town sees adventuring parties four or five times as year, mainly in the summer, as heroes try and make their way through the neighbouring range of Silver Mountains and to the wild lands on the other side.

The Brigade have accepted a quest from Halim’s mayor. They’re to find out what happened to Merchant Salis and his wagon. It’s presumed orcs or perhaps even goblins from the Silver Mountains ranged out further than normal and ambushed the wagon. No one expects good news. Many in the town still wish for some news.

Posted on the signpost beside The Hawk’s Inn, where the Woolf Brigade rest, is a “Applications Taken” sign. The group are looking for one new member – someone to replace a Druid who died on their last quest.

Do you have what it takes to join Andu the human ranger, Gorak the half-orc fighter, Aimee the elf sorcerer or Alun the dwarf bard?

You could play any low level character suitable for a traditional high fantasy adventure. I’m not suggesting anything other than freeform RP but will likely use D&D5 for monster, race and class inspiration.

Ko

Assassin in Training
Cover Picture

Dozens of different races live together in giant cities. The murderous forests outside the walls are filled with dangerous creatures. Magic and science struggle to be the world's greatest power.

Politics consume the elite. Noble houses put on balls, trading deals and shows off force but are locked in deadly games while the city dukes watch on. Hunger consume the poor. It's not safe to farm beyond the walls and the noble houses control all the city gardens. The poor must work, beg or steal for their next meal.

You are an assassin in training and with no where else to go. Your master is much stronger and knows your fatal secret but he is teaching you, even if his ways are cruel and unorthodox. You could be the sole surviving daughter of a destroyed noble house, a street thief who showed talent in the illegal magics, sold on by your brother, secretly a half-elf or one of any other interesting twists.

Comic Con Orgy
Cover Picture (nsfw)

The Comic Con in your neighbouring town is less than two weeks away and you're still getting your cosplay ready.

It's all the usual dramas. The local "most famous" cosplayer, LauraLight, unloaded on some poor newbie in the Facebook group for sharing a photograph that was an attention seeking boobs and ass shot, only to publish a similarly modelled gallery just a few days later. Your boyfriend is more interested in sports and Call of Duty. You seem to be doing twice as much at work than anyone else.

It's not exclusively the usual dramas. A shady group are planning to disrupt the convention by flooding the expo hall with a specially formulated gas.

This contemporary RP is a study of people and relationships. It's an urban mystery. Who is behind the strange assault on the Comic Con and will life ever be the same after the cosplay orgy?

When the dice are in control(TAKEN)
Cover Picture (nsfw)

Separated from your adventuring party and perhaps the only survivor your goals are simple - stay alive.

This is a world at war. The human kingdoms hate each other. The elves lurk in the woods and the dwarves defend their underground cities from goblins. Orcs roam the mountain passes and wherever magic bubbles strongly in the earth, air and water,  monsters gather and hunt.

Cities are rare. Fortified keeps, troll bridges, twisting wizard towers and haunted stone circles are more common. Fortune favours the bold and centuries of lost treasure is scattered throughout the wilds and the dangerous places, just waiting to be collected.

Dice: I propose, but do not insist on, the limited use of dice in this GM and player style RP. No system. No rules. Just the occasional target number and clatter of virtual dice. Why? Let's add some random back into the story, some plot twists neither of us were expecting and the sense of risk.

Ko

The Space Pantheon
Cover Picture

An alternative reality sci-fi mashup. Mankind reached space and developed faster-than-light transport knowing that the Sun God was real. Some Oracle technology even used energy gifted directly by the God.

The first alien races engineered also followed the Sun God. It was a time of peace and great advancement. The Gael, the Risik and powerfully built Termanoth were very different from us but we had the Sun God in common. The Sun Priests ran the same rites, sunbathing was equally popular across all the races and philosophical debates aligned.

After a hundred years we encountered the Flutter and then the Cetu and had our first war. These races had a god of their own; the Wind God. They were different. The discovery of the Night God worshipping Vetax, Polumitrix, Izzhur, Seolfin and Kab was a horror that rocked the Solar Commonwealth.

You will be a character on board the Radiant, a spacecraft heading into the unknown space between divine territories. You could be a captain or an ensign, a spy or a priest, a warrior, mechanic or medic. You could be human or not and there are very more aliens to consider.

The Witching Hour
Cover Picture

Most people don't know about the horrors that stalk through the city, hunting in the shadows and preying vulnerable people for their chi. But you do.

Your parents died a year ago but not before helping to prepare you. You can see the horrors. You are in the First Circle of the Umbra and therefore protected by the cult's vast resources. At home you have access to your father's library of occult lore and your mother's experiment lab.

All is not right. Your chi is so high that whenever The Witching Hour comes - randomly throughout the month - you don't fade safely into the light like most people, only to emerge untouched later, you have to survive in the dangerous shadow reflection of the city, avoiding the horrors that seek to humiliate and crack you.

A letter delivered just this week in your father's handwriting has more worrying news. The Duel of the Seven is coming and you are destined to be a combatant.

The headline role is yours or it is totally okay to take this idea as a basis and adapt. I foresee this RP being dark.

Slave Caves of the Dragon Tyrants
Cover Picture

Humans are not the dominant species. The many kinds of dragons are. Great Tyrant Dragons rule empires, warring with each other and using their slave hordes to mine gems from the land. The gems, dragon food, keep the Tyrants awake.

Most humans, and the rare semi-human, lives in chains. Worked as miners for their short lives, carving huge rifts into the landscape rumoured to have once been been and fertile, most slaves never get to leave the cliff face caves. Some humans are promoted to an assistant position, helping the cruel humanoid Dragonbloods administer the mines, and fewer still become Knights with a Ground Dragon mount of their own.

The  Knights aren't just responsible for helping keep the human slaves in line, the whips of the Dragonbloods can do that, but for protecting the Great Tyrant Dragon's property from slave raids from rivals. When needed the Knights will lead the charge, capture more slaves for the mines, so that their master's supply of gems remains steady. This means stealing from another Tyrant and fighting his Knights.

You can play as a slave, a Knight or even as an assistant working with a Dragonblood to govern some caves. If you want you could even play as one of the Dragonbloods, anthro-dragons, in a battle for dominance.