Gunstar Autochthonia Campaign - Recruitment Thread!

Started by BruceTheCat, August 30, 2014, 10:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Not for my character.  Argent has a number of...well, I guess technically they're her comrades (though she lacks the Allies BG), who she goes Voidbringer hunting with, or works with whenever the Powers That Be say she needs to go hunting elsewhere.  He's the cook (Craft Water) at her place of business - the Howling Wolf.

And like most quiet cooks, he is one total badass.

Re Z L

I'm kind of settling into a Night Caste scout using a little Archery and Martial Arts along with a handful of social stuff as well, though a heavier focus at first on Stealth, Athletics and Martial Arts
A&A

BruceTheCat

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like the primary interest is swinging towards a system game.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AndyZ

How will Command work?  The Dreams of the First Age rules seem a little iffy based on the large amount of technology available and lack of access to Arsenal.  I'd be good with going with Command 3 and just saying that she has access to a large array of troops and just avoiding the MC rules in lieu of just saying that all that aspect of stuff is handled if that works okay.

That also allows for having more of a hierarchy instead of troops instead of, say, a scale of DBs with armor and weapons but without them having troops of their own.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

AndyZ

Double-posting, but found this and figured it was important.

• Dragon-Blooded graduates of one of the Realm’s Terrestrial academies use Lookshyan character creation rules

Sorry for missing it before.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

BruceTheCat

Command is going to work as you described Andy. It's like having all of the roleplaying perks but none of the MC weirdness.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

AndyZ

and I guess the other question would be whether we can use those 10 extra background points for a 2 for 1 deal for the 4th and 5th, something you wouldn't normally be able to do.  I'm not sure I'm crazy enough to take Command that high, but it is tempting...

Zaer Darkwail

So with Command you get troops armed also without taxing either artifact dots nor resources? Nice! Although my char case he should have allies dots instead to present his DB wingmen who were with him during creation of the prototype and testing it out and also get backing for Rhaesa so that my char can use her hangar for repairs and check ups.

AndyZ

Name:Steel Orchid
Caste:Dawn
Anima: A gold-white banner showing the symbol of Ignis Divine
Motivation: Free Ignis Divine

Intimacies:
Ignis Divine: Devotion
Autocthton: Devotion
Other Exalts: Respect
Her troops: Respect
Aides and Servants: Appreciation

Strength 4 Dexterity 5 Stamina 2
Charisma 3 Manipulation 2 Appearance 5
Perception 3 Intelligence 3 Wits 3

Archery 4 Athletics 3 Awareness 5 Bureaucracy 1 Dodge 5 (Flying +3) Integrity 5 Investigation 3 Lore 1 Martial Arts 3 Medicine 3 Melee 5 (Goremauls +3) Occult 4 Performance 3 Presence 5 Resistance 4 Socialize 3 Thrown 0 War 5

Compassion 2 Conviction 5 Temperance 2 Valor 5 Essence 5 Willpower 10

Artifact 4 (Orichalcum Grand Goremaul, Orichalcum Superheavy Plate with attached Gauntlets and Boots, Orichalcum Wings of the Raptor, Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers), Backing 4, Class 4, Command 3, Contacts 2 (Exalted Deliberative, Gunstar Defense Line), Cult 3, Crystal Manse (Gemstone of Spoken Language) 3, Reputation 2

Exceptional Gauntlets: Increases Accuracy, Damage and Rate (attached to SHP)
Exceptional Boots: Increases Accuracy, Damage and Rate (attached to SHP)
Lucky Charm: Talisman of Good Luck Charm and Walkaway
Exceptional Surgeon's Toolkit: +1 to Medicine rolls

Charms

Archery: Trance of Unhesitating Speed, Flashing Vengeance Draw
Martial Arts: Fists of Iron Technique, Thunderclap Rush Attack
Melee: Melee Triumphant, Supreme Perfection of Melee, One Weapon Two Blows, Peony Blossom Attack, Iron Whirlwind Attack, Invincible Fury of the Dawn, Call the Blade, Summoning the Loyal Steel, Iron Raptor Technique, Blazing Solar Bolt
War: War Resurgent, Rout-Stemming Gesture, Commanding the Ideal Celestial Army, Immanent Solar Glory, Heroism-Encouraging Presence, Tiger Warrior Training Technique, Legendary Warrior Curriculum

Integrity: Integrity Resurgent, Phoenix Renewal Tactic
Presence: Presence Triumphant, Irresistible Salesman's Spirit
Resistance: Soul Fire Resurgence, Whirlwind Armor-Donning Prana, Hauberk-Lightening Gesture, Armored Scout's Invigoration, Invincible Essence Reinforcement, Ox-Body Technique, Essence-Gathering Temper

Investigation: Investigation Triumphant, Judge's Ear Technique
Medicine: Medicine Triumphant, Wound-Mending Care Technique
Occult: Spirit-Detecting Glance, Spirit-Cutting Attack, Ghost-Eating Technique

Athletics: Athletics Resurgent, Increasing Strength Exercise, Thunderclap Attack Prana (Overhead Smash as a Fierce Blow)
Awareness: Awareness Resurgent, Panoptic Fusion Discipline
Dodge: Reed in the Wind, Reflex Sidestep Technique

Calculations

Peripheral Calculation: Essence 35 + Willpower 10 + Virtues 14 - 8 Grand Goremaul - 8 Superheavy Plate - 4 HSB - 1 Wings of the Raptor - 1 Goremaul in Elsewhere - 12 Armored Scout's Invigoration

Grand Goremaul Accuracy: Dexterity 5 Melee 5 Spec 3 Accuracy 2
Grand Goremaul Damage: Strength 4 Damage 16/3 Bracers 2

Dodge DV: Dexterity 5 Dodge 5 Spec 3 Bracers 3 Essence 5 = 11DV

Soak: Natural 5 Armor 17

Grand Goremaul: Speed 6 Accuracy 15 Damage 22B/3 Defense 13 Rate 2 - Tags: 2, O, R

Dodge DV = 11 + Charms

Soak: Bashing 22 Lethal 22 Aggravated 17 Hardness 11

Personal Essence: 25/25
Peripheral Essence: 25/25
Overdrive: 0/10
Immanent Solar Glory: 10/10
Willpower: O O O O O O O O O O
Conviction: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]
Valor: [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

Limit Break: Heart of Flint
[ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ]

The Crystal Manse is her own private quarters, with lavish accommodations on top but spreading out to create a training center and barracks for her troops.

ReijiTabibito

BruceTheCat

More characters. We currently don't have enough people for me to feel comfortable starting the game. Hopefully everyone will finish their sheets by the end of the weekend.
- scribus1000

Muse

Atarn's AFK 'til saturday, but I've been putting some stuff together for him. 

Rose, meenwhile, will be ready for EXP after a few more charms. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

ReijiTabibito

Can someone give me a roll call of what we have?  I know I'm not the GM, but I am curious to see what the Gunstar will be fielding.

Zaer Darkwail

My char is almost done as well. My char is Night caste voidfigther solar pilot ace shortly in concept.

ReijiTabibito

I've noticed we've gotten quite a few Solars...have we gotten anything else?  Or am I odd Lunar out?

Muse

AndyZ

I have 7 more points of Backgrounds and don't honestly know what to do with them.  Suggestions are appreciated.

ReijiTabibito

Andy, I have a few recommendations.  Just as a note, the Class background, as stated in the Alchemical book, encompasses three things - Followers, Influence, Resources.

1 - Reputation.  If Orchid is as savvy a general as she's made out to be my her sheet, she'll have at least a point or two of that.  While your rank (as denoted by Class) gets you the cooperation of the Gunstar, Reputation gets you farther.  People know who you are, and more importantly, what you've done.

2 - Connections.  Class doesn't cover Connections, and Connections get you help when you need to call on it, or what's going on.

3 - Sifu.  While it's clear Martial Arts isn't Orchid's chosen field, having someone around who you teach you half a dozen different martial art styles (there's one in particular I'm aware of that allows armor and uses Goremauls as form weapons) is also quite useful.

Also, the layout of Argent's combat crew.  You probably won't see them all that much, but for flavor.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Argent's Combat Cell: Occasionally, it will be necessary for Argent to go out and fight some of the bigger threats with help.  Even on a more 'routine' assignment, she will often bring along a partner or two to provide backup and assistance, just in case.  Argent's crew consists of five - herself, two Terrestrial Exalted, an Alchemical Exalted, and one Sidereal Exalt.

Heavenly Azure Scarab - Chosen of Mars.  Scarab is the least seen out of the crew, mainly because as one of only a hundred Sidereal Exaltations, his time is much in demand.  Argent commands his attention when she needs someone to come up with a really inspred and clever battle plan against the forces they'll be fighting.  Scarab uses a starmetal reaper beamklaive in conjunction with a set of hearthstone bracers, and lighter armor - he embraces the fencer style of swordsmanship, preferring speedier defense to heavier absorption of an attack.

Isara - Chosen of Mela.  Isara is usually the one that accompanies Argent on her smaller outings, mainly because she's usually available: Isara is another entertainer at the Howling Wolf.  Not as renowned as Argent, but few are.  Isara brings to the group a few things.  One is knowledge - with the exception of battlefield skills, Isara is easily the most well-versed in the group in things mental: her knowledge of spirits and elementals has proven highly useful.  Second is her skill at archery - she's gotten a fairly good handle on her Jade powerbow, inset with a Gladestalker's Stone.  The final thing she brings to the crew is her Dragon Armor (either Air or Water, haven't decided which, yet).

Terat - Chosen of Pasiap.  Terat is the crew's usual battlefield tactician (unless Argent decides she needs to scrape up Scarab), specializing in small unit tactics.  Terat has eschewed heavier armor in favor of a simple pairing of a set of Silken Armor and a Breastplate.  This is because of his choice of fighting style - he practices Ivory Pestle style, with a Jade Wrackstaff in hand.  You'd think that with such a background, he'd be a bouncer at the Wolf.  He's not.  He's one of the major cooks at the Wolf, putting his Earthy nature to good use in the background (though he's been called upon to eject some rather rude patrons if they prove persistent enough).

Entrancingly Arrayed Sentinel - Array, as she's known, is a Jade Caste Alchemical.  She's the scout of the group - and in her work, she's the one that always picks up some piece of information that brings Argent's crew onto a trail, or prevents a surprise, or some other critical discovery.  Array practices Thousand Wounds Gear martial arts, and she carries the gyroscopic chakram to prove it.  Her armor is just a basic synthetic leather buff jacket (albeit an exceptional one), but she doesn't really need anything else.

AndyZ

Reputation would definitely be useful.  If Influence comes from Class, though, Contacts might be better than Connections.  Not sure what areas to take for that, though...

As far as Sifu, I'm not sure if Earth Dragon exists, but Jade Mountain isn't going to be useful to her and pre-form Earth Dragon Charms are inferior to Solar Charms that I didn't take.  I guess I could consider an SMA but not sure it'd be all that useful compared to everything else.

So I'll put Reputation 3 as a wise battlefield tactician.  She can be stoic and expects a lot from her troops, but also shows them respect.  When one falls during training, she heads over to patch them up herself.

ReijiTabibito

Connections areas are usually easy to justify (and trust me, GMs will often ask you to) if they're a part of what you do.  You're an officer?  Connections within the Deliberative Army, or the Solar Deliberative itself (since you are a Solar).  Having the Gunstar Defense Line might also be useful, as they're the scouts of the Gunstar, and thus having access to them would be a ready source of first-line info or transport.

AndyZ

Contacts 3 (Exalted Deliberative, Deliberative Army, Gunstar Defense Line)

Thank you ^_^ One to go.

Oh, as an aside, I found a reference to the language Autocthtonic in the Familiar section.  I think it's safe to say that everyone in Autocthtonia speaks that.

ReijiTabibito

Andy?  Not quite how Contacts works.  Contacts is specified by group.  If you have Contacts 3 with 3 groups, that's 9 points, not three.

AndyZ

QuoteTrait Effects: Each dot of
this Background
provides one major
contact and one additional die
for finding minor ones.

A major contact could be a Guild factor,
a high-ranking military officer,  a  powerful
courtier, a small god or a Dynast of the Realm.

You're thinking of Connections.

Each area of influence (detailed below) is essentially a separate
Background. A character can develop Connections (Military) 4,
Connections (Gens Maheka) 2, Connections (Scavenger Lands
Outlaws) 2 and Connections (Intelligence) 2, or Connections
(House of Bells) 5, Connections (Military) 3 and Connections
(Intelligence) 2, for example.

Appreciate you double-checking my sheet, though ^_^ I'm certainly not immune to making mistakes.

ReijiTabibito

You know, the funny thing is, I wrote Contacts, I saw you wrote Contacts, but all the time I was thinking Connections.  >_<