Naruto D20: Interest Check (GM Found)

Started by ShadowFox89, December 19, 2011, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

I'm willing to take as many players as I can manage. :p

ShadowFox89

Not that your track record of managing things is too clean :P

I'll write up details on the Fuuryuu clan's state of affairs. Expect about 7-8 different families, no actual blood connections, with some of them in different countries than where we'd be starting. Only about 2-3 would actually be hanging around.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Aside from personal commitments, it's only because of player disinterest do I ever get demoralized enough to call it quits. >.<

Writer's block seems to only hit me when it comes to one-on-one RPs or when I'm playing a single character. :-\

Edit: Okay.

I'm having a hard time coming up with a plot... and i know it might be lame to switch gears so late when people already have character concepts, but what do you think of this?

It's the year 20XX on the planet Earth. Since the end of the Meiji Restoration, the ninjas clans have spread throughout the far corners of the world. There are no shinobi who go by the name of Uchiha, Hyuuga or Uzumaki... There are, however, the clans of Iga, Kōga, Hattori, Katō, and many others are still thriving. Based on the historical ninja clans of feudal japan, these schools have spread all across the world. No longer purely a japanese thing, ninja exist in every continent across the globe in secret. Some of these clans have done nothing more than train young children in their ways, while others have served as international spies or government agents, and many serving only their own ambitions.

The PCs are members of these clans. Perhaps all from one place, or from around the world.

The setting would actually be D20 Modern... with a little bit of futurism thrown in, I think. The geopolitical landscape might be vastly different from modern day Earth, so as to present the maximum amount of fun and conflict. :D

What does everyone think?

CharGen would otherwise be the same, except plot-relevant things unique to Naruto might be absent (Ie: No tailed beasts, no seven swordsmen or kages, although a form of hidden villages might exist, sharingan wouldn't have any meta-plot relevance like it does in the canon) ...which wouldn't really effect any of the PCs as far as I can tell.

Most of the clans have become fully absorbed into their respective cultures or host nations. A clan in Africa, for instance, might have a japanese name and origin known only to them- but all the members are otherwise indistinguishable from the common populace, some without any japanese blood in them at all- and those that do might be 1/16th or something.

Others might have no relation to japan at all. Perhaps the legends and myths of werewolves were in reality the rumors of a 'ninja clan' in Europe. Ninjas in all but the name.

ShadowFox89

It helps to have people to bounce ideas off of :P

I like the idea, and I had tried something similar at one point. My own DM'ing skills are fairly poor and I ran into some RL trouble at the time, so it failed rather miserably.

This could work if done right. I would imagine most major powers already know of the existence of Ninja, but such information is so restricted that most national leaders are in the dark. Depending on the setup, we could do something like international secret police or simply a small group of extremely elite mercenaries.

SWAT team vs Jounin team anyone?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

I'm interested, if their is still room.

ShadowFox89

I believe there is still room, yes. What sort of character were you thinking of?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

I'm only familiar with the naturo shippuden anime series and havn't gotten very far at it. I did enjoy the characters of Sasori and Deidara. Not sure if something similar to those could be created since I have no experience with naruto D20

I could use help statting out the character.

Kimera

ShadowFox89

Either of those could easily be done. There's the puppeteer class for a Sasori style character and some techniques for making exploding clay.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Karasu

that actualyl sounds prety damn cool! I love the plot Idea <3
Removed, due to vandalism.

Kimera

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on January 13, 2012, 05:56:48 PM
Either of those could easily be done. There's the puppeteer class for a Sasori style character and some techniques for making exploding clay.

Alright....Exploding clay puppets :D

I really loved the interaction between those two characters, each with their own vision of Art

Inerrant Lust

There is a puppet component that detonates the whole thing on command. :P

Modern/futuristic puppets could be interesting.... One of the downloadable PDFs have some information on them (which I own.  ;D) so if you have any questions...

ShadowFox89

We could set the game in 21XX instead of 20XX and have powered armor, cybernetics, and basic mecha as opponents :P

I was thinking that we could take a page from 00 Gundam. Our organization has been hidden from the world for the past two hundred years, formed shortly after the second World War ended to prevent any future wars on such a scale. Since then, the organization has been silently and stealthily keeping world peace.

The world has changed. The first signs of space colonies can be seen, with elevators leading to low orbit stations, with populations in the thousands. These elevators double as conduits for the world's primary source of power, massive arrays of solar panels. Treaties prevent any armed conflicts from being held around either the panel arrays or civilian colonies, but that has not prevented the major powers of the world from setting up military stations. The moon itself has remained untouched by any structures.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Kimera

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on January 14, 2012, 06:13:31 PM
There is a puppet component that detonates the whole thing on command. :P

Modern/futuristic puppets could be interesting.... One of the downloadable PDFs have some information on them (which I own.  ;D) so if you have any questions...

Sounds good to me.

I havn't got any of the rulebooks, so any help on statting is welcome.

Inerrant Lust

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=129457.0

Okay, I want to make sure we still have everyone so post here everyone if you're still interested. Preferably with character sheets. :P

I know there's been a few delays, but it really would help me to come up with a starting point if I had more information about everyone's backgrounds. And I've been scratching my head for awhile trying to come up with something, so my bad. ::)