xcom rp

Started by zenpai, April 23, 2014, 11:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nailcrosser

I'm anti-plot from the newer games. I've only played the first, but it's got such a great concept and different things going on that we can craft a great, intricate story. XCOM needs funding so they start running alien harems. Alien spies in XCOM seducing soldiers. Missions all around the world...there's lots of possibilities.

Neysha

We'd need sexy aliens for those ideas. We'll have to see how liberal Zenpai is in keeping to canon or not.
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

Zeth

Well the Alien solider units from X-com were genetically modified/cooked up by their masters for a specific task. Who is to say they don't have a more sexual breed for infiltration and seduction stored away? Or can't make one?

zenpai

It was meant to more towards stealth missions. Sexy aliens could fit But, they would look like human like thin men. It would only work for the story
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

ZephySempai

Hey all.

Big fan of XCom (was actually about to start playing), so this thread caught my interest.

While we're brainstorming ideas, I'd like to throw in a suggestion.

Suppose the Aliens that the Canon operatives faced were not the only race of alien in the Universe?

After the temple ship was taken down, another race of alien took notice in Earth and decided to take a crack at us. Only this race of alien is almost completely female.

Same basic XCom premise, just a different breed of invader. It might also be interesting if this breed of Alien also attempted to target soldiers (Players) for their own experiments, which would open up rescue missions.

Zeth

Quote from: ZephySempai on July 03, 2014, 06:36:19 PM
Hey all.

Big fan of XCom (was actually about to start playing), so this thread caught my interest.

While we're brainstorming ideas, I'd like to throw in a suggestion.

Suppose the Aliens that the Canon operatives faced were not the only race of alien in the Universe?

After the temple ship was taken down, another race of alien took notice in Earth and decided to take a crack at us. Only this race of alien is almost completely female.

Same basic XCom premise, just a different breed of invader. It might also be interesting if this breed of Alien also attempted to target soldiers (Players) for their own experiments, which would open up rescue missions.

I like it. I'm half tempted to start my own separate XCOM game and try running that idea.

zenpai

Quote from: Zeth on July 03, 2014, 06:40:21 PM
I like it. I'm half tempted to start my own separate XCOM game and try running that idea.
by all means if you want. I just don't want my story to become a a big human/ alien screw fest. Which is why im not to big of the sex thing
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

ZephySempai

Okay, that's understandable.

So we're going with a more Canon approach then?

Urbanzorro

For my two cents I think your best bet is to either go with a full revamp of the basic story. Keeping the major concept of an alien invasion being fought off by an international group of soldiers/scientists/etc and possibly change things that don't fit well. Such as the Allen's motivation, etc. The setting's lack of an in depth story plays to your advantage here because it allows the freedom to craft a story around original characters, with plot points and story lines that fit the role play you're trying to make instead of being hamstrung into a specific storyline/character type/etc. For instance in this game's story Exalt could be a larger threat than it was in Enemy Within. Or the aliens could be seeking to enslave us, or wipe us out after having harvested the useful parts of our genome, additionally the door is open to more types of aliens to fight as the story goes on. The basic plot skeleton that X-COM provides is actually quite flexible once you take a look at it :-) 
I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

zenpai

wow... all talking stop when I say no alien/human sex.

Zeth

Quote from: zenpai on July 10, 2014, 12:45:38 AM
wow... all talking stop when I say no alien/human sex.

That is what most people want zenpai. By cutting out alien/human sex, you lost a lot of people's interest.

Rajah

Quote from: Zeth on July 10, 2014, 08:04:53 AM
That is what most people want zenpai. By cutting out alien/human sex, you lost a lot of people's interest.

Of course, a lot of those - the ones willing to dump a game for not being explicitly sexual - aren't going to be ideal roleplayers anyway, and if that's all they cared about what roleplaying talent they DID have probably wouldn't been used to contribute the game, or could have even ended up mostly derailing it if you're trying to keep an arc moving and they're trying to ignore the plot in favor of seducing other players.

Running a serious, roleplaying-focused game without sex on Elliquiy can be a challenge since not everyone joins just because Elliquiy doesn't restrict content; a number of players have the specific goal of getting off while pretending to be elves or stupid tourists or X-Men or whatever. Those people immediately stop considering a game without sexual elements - as noted above, this may not be a huge loss, given their reasons for play could detract from the story. It's not impossible, though, and there are any number of games in both the Adult and Non-Adult forums that have gotten up and running without sexual/romantic focus respectively. The most important things are a good pitch and a well-written setting to draw people in.
"They say even the proudest spirits can be broken...with love."

-The Beldame (CORALINE by Neil Gaiman)

nailcrosser

But alien invasions are so ripe for weird sex scenarios. Anyway, did you want this game to have a dice system, zenpai?

zenpai

Quote from: nailcrosser on July 10, 2014, 06:33:04 PM
But alien invasions are so ripe for weird sex scenarios. Anyway, did you want this game to have a dice system, zenpai?
if only I knew how to make, find, or use one I would. lol

Urbanzorro

I'm actually in the process of making one....if you'd want to use it I can show it to you when I finish it (projected to be in a few days )

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

zenpai

Urbanzorro

Cool Ill shoot it to you in a pm once I finish it up. Also, what kind of a story are you looking at going with? If you've decided that thus far.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

zenpai

Honestly I want it to be an under funded military making best with what they have. And if they get found out the die

ZephySempai

Quote from: zenpai on July 12, 2014, 01:25:49 PM
Honestly I want it to be an under funded military making best with what they have. And if they get found out the die

I'm with it. Just gimme a character sheet, some guns, and I'm good to go.

Never did an Xcom story before so I'm really interested to see how it'll play out.

I actually picked up the game again since you put this up.

Urbanzorro

Might be interesting to just play as Exalt then, obviously with the option for characters of both genders and simply play it from the side of Exalt having to fight both the aliens and the XCOM project.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

zenpai

Well we could do that with the fact that xcom gets hacked by exalt. That mean there tech could get stolen. I want themhave military backgrounds

zenpai

I decided there will be a six man team with my own classes.

I am going to play the teams combat engineer. all the classes will be trained infantry and can use any weapon regardless of class.

the demo expert(equal to the heavy class. but they are the best at demolition)

Communications (fluently speak and read other languages. they also take care of pubic relations )

medic (take care medical needs)

marksmen( all around the best shot at short or long range)

Rookie(the new guy/gal. don't really stand out)

Name:
Code Name:
Sex:
Nation:
Class /Role:

Picture:

Bio:

Entry into the project:

ZephySempai

I'll have a character up by the end of the day!

ZephySempai

Looks like I found some time ;)

Immortal
Name: Lamar Dantis

Code Name: “Immortal”

Sex: Male

Nation: USA

Class /Role: Marksman/Assault

Picture:

Bio: Lamar grew up in an Urban city of the United States. Exposed to guns and violence at a young age prepared him for a lifetime of firefighting and storms of bullets. Throughout his youth, he supported himself by being hired Muscle for a local drug dealer. Between rival gang violence and several drug busts, Lamar survived several gunshot wounds and attempts at his life. He escaped this life after graduating High School and had aspiration to go to University for business, however, a haunting criminal record that contained multiple accounts of assault and menacing deterred nearly all college recruiters from accepting him. With a determination to escape the societal trap that so many before him fell in to, Lamar joined the US Marine Core in hopes of gaining experience and an education.

The marines had a different goal in mind; to mold his raw potential into something that would more benefit their front lines. Lamar was put through the ringer and subjected to every form of “training” imaginable. The marines were able to hone his body and instincts, but they could not break his rebellious mind and fortified heart. What some officers found difficult to manage, others noticed the potential in an unbendable mind and soul.

Lamar was granted a promotion, and served in the front lines on several anti-terrorist operations. He gained the codename “Immortal” after his squadron was sent to extract a group of Black Ops agents from a covert mission gone south. Lamar survived a building collapse, a UED, and having the transport vehicle shot down, yet he and his team still managed to successfully complete the mission.

Entry into the project: After reviewing the soldier’s combat records, the Marines thought it would be beneficial to the world if Lamar joined the Project. His paperwork was sent off and Lamar Dantis was prepared for the next chapter of his life. Hopefully the name “Immortal” would hold true.

zenpai

Name: Richard Smith
Code Name: upgrade
Sex:male
Nation: Canada
Class /Role: combat engineer/ support
---
ZephySempai your guy has a what I believe to be a Chinese flag Lol.