News:

Main Menu

Dragon Age Inquisition

Started by SinXAzgard21, November 19, 2014, 01:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 21, 2014, 05:39:07 PM
Also, what freaking button on the 360 controller answers those PC-dialogue options that pop up while just walking around? It happened once, I got another one like ten hours later and can't remember the freaking button and there's no basic control tutorial. Since this is a modern game there's no manual either.
If I recall correctly you click down on the left stick (L3).

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 21, 2014, 05:43:36 PM
If I recall correctly you click down on the left stick (L3).
No that just causes the little search ping.

EDIT: You don't want to complain about games being too big, but for cripes sake, it's too big. There's too much to do and find, and I'm not sure how important it is. I'm going to have to keep notes on this game just to make my head stop throbbing. X__X
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sasquatch421

Ugh, this kind of crap isn't supposed to happen on consoles.

I've got sound cutting out, forcing a restart. I've got dialogue wheels not showing up, which requires a restart.

Also, what freaking button on the 360 controller answers those PC-dialogue options that pop up while just walking around? It happened once, I got another one like ten hours later and can't remember the freaking button and there's no basic control tutorial. Since this is a modern game there's no manual either.

Has there been a patch yet?

Press R3 to answer those... I've been hoping for a patch as well for the sound stuff mainly. Sat there talking to Varris and all of the sudden he went all John Moschitta, Jr. on me. I did get a laugh out of it though...

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on November 21, 2014, 01:45:17 PM
Spirit is the only tree that has the ability to get rid of barriers, I have Solas using that tree and he always uses the spell, even uses it when fighting rifts so some demons insta die.

I've looked around and there are some that spec Solas in Spirit and Ice... Still not sure what I'm going to do with my female Qunari mage at the moment though. I'm playing with Fire and Storm at the moment. And just because I can't resist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk

Inkidu

Quote from: Sasquatch421 on November 21, 2014, 06:31:11 PM
Press R3 to answer those... I've been hoping for a patch as well for the sound stuff mainly. Sat there talking to Varris and all of the sudden he went all John Moschitta, Jr. on me. I did get a laugh out of it though...

I've looked around and there are some that spec Solas in Spirit and Ice... Still not sure what I'm going to do with my female Qunari mage at the moment though. I'm playing with Fire and Storm at the moment. And just because I can't resist...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnF1OtP2Svk
The Xbox 360 controller does not have an R3 button. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

SinXAzgard21

Ugh, this kind of crap isn't supposed to happen on consoles.

I've got sound cutting out, forcing a restart. I've got dialogue wheels not showing up, which requires a restart.

Has there been a patch yet?

PC had a user fix to unlock the 30 fps and it stopped all the dialog issues for me. 

On another note, I have a cheese wheel for a shield.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 21, 2014, 06:42:56 PM
Right thumbstick depressed is the R3.

Drake Valentine

Game needs better design features for creating your person. Look good in creation now when I see my guy he looks like a shovel face outside of creation. ;\

And Cassandra hates me on it, like every choice I made she disapprove of. So I just started being a dick to her on it and anyone else in general that is an ass towards my character in the game. >.>

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Drake Valentine on November 21, 2014, 07:30:58 PM
Game needs better design features for creating your person. Look good in creation now when I see my guy he looks like a shovel face outside of creation. ;\

And Cassandra hates me on it, like every choice I made she disapprove of. So I just started being a dick to her on it and anyone else in general that is an ass towards my character in the game. >.>

I lost Cassandra due to agreeing with some one else over a story plot.  Don't really care since my party doesn't include her.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Inkidu

Honestly, I've got no idea what's going on in the personal side of things, so my two-hander chick is shamelessly flirting with everyone. :P

EDIT: Bioware just needs to go out of business. I'm sick of dealing with this crap. You know, if you've played every Dragon Age on XBox 360 it should be as fucking easy as reading the saved games on your fucking hard drive. Nope. DRAGONKEEP! What the hell. Way to let EA make something balls fucking complicated!

Hemingway

While Bioware has succeeded in creating some really good characters, I, uh, think my character is going to end up single in this game. Which sort of bothers me - feels like I'm missing out on part of the game. Sera seemed interesting enough, but try as I might, I can't make myself like her. Cassandra is cool,  but she hates everything my character does. And Dorian ... Well, he's gay! That leaves ... who, exactly? ... Cullen is pretty cool.

Inkidu

Quote from: Hemingway on November 22, 2014, 06:48:29 AM
While Bioware has succeeded in creating some really good characters, I, uh, think my character is going to end up single in this game. Which sort of bothers me - feels like I'm missing out on part of the game. Sera seemed interesting enough, but try as I might, I can't make myself like her. Cassandra is cool,  but she hates everything my character does. And Dorian ... Well, he's gay! That leaves ... who, exactly? ... Cullen is pretty cool.
You could woo (and for the life of me I'll never spell her name) your society adviser, I struck on a heart option with her, also the First Enchanter of Orlais is a good option too, I've seen options for her, both go for ladies too.

Also, I don't find Sera nearly as interesting as you. She seems like a a manic pixie dream girl. :P

Falanor

Quote from: Hemingway on November 22, 2014, 06:48:29 AM
Iron Bull. <_< What? It's Freddy Prince Jr. he's a good guy...how have you made Cassandra hate every choice you made? It also leaves you with Josephine.

Inkidu

Yeah, I'm pretty much playing someone who doesn't really buy her personal providence, but as long as you're a decent individual with the good of the Inquisition in mind most you'll get is some slightly disapproves. :P

Drake Valentine

Cassandra hates every choice I made, cause apparently my character is a too 'realistic' in the approaches I take with him and I don't ass kiss her or 'agree' with half the things she suggests. I wonder if party members will abandon you if they get a certain negative affinity towards you. >.> Is there a way to check that affinity as well or is it just invisible?

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 07:07:24 AM
You could woo (and for the life of me I'll never spell her name) your society adviser, I struck on a heart option with her, also the First Enchanter of Orlais is a good option too, I've seen options for her, both go for ladies too.

Also, I don't find Sera nearly as interesting as you. She seems like a a manic pixie dream girl. :P

No, that's the thing - Sera is a bit too much. I liked what I read about her prior to release, but ... no.

And I seriously dislike Vivienne. It's mutual, though, what with my elf being an apostate who firmly believes mages ought to be free. It causes tension with a lot of the characters.

Just whilst we're on the subject, Solas is also great. I mean, the game has its share of awesome characters. But a few of them really surprised me, as I didn't expect to like them. Solas is one of them. Blackwall, too ( or Christian Bale, if you prefer to use his real name ). In general, I think part of what they managed to do right is to have characters be different from what I expected, something previous games really haven't succeeded at all that well.

Falanor

Vivienne isn't an option. You have people in the game that you can harmlessly flirt with, she's one of them. Just like a female Herald can flirt with Dorian. You can also flirt with your lead scout, the dwarf, and it's all just a game. You can still try to woo Josephine though, the ambassador, as she's rather intelligent and has a nice bit of wit to her.

Inkidu

Aww... she'd have been a good option. :P

Someone's played a lot more than me and I'm about fifteen hours into the game, though that's mostly spent doing things like side quests. I'm a little too scared to make contact with the mages or templars.

Especially since I've not been to the Storm Coast or the Bog. :P

Still, what is with every fantasy work needing a desert area. The Oasis just doesn't make sense. We're talking about Fereldan and Orlais here. They're basically England and France (not exactly) why is there a desert Oasis nearby. :P

Falanor

Go to the Storm Coast, get Iron Bull and be prepared to constantly laugh and snort with his dialog. He's as entertaining to me as Varric and having them both in the same party is a recipe for a Medieval Buddy Cop flick. I've yet to figure out which side I'm going to contact, though with the Templars having been lead by a giant raging jackass I'm more inclined to find my Magi brethren...

Hemingway

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 09:34:08 AM

Someone's played a lot more than me and I'm about fifteen hours into the game, though that's mostly spent doing things like side quests. I'm a little too scared to make contact with the mages or templars.

Especially since I've not been to the Storm Coast or the Bog. :P

While going to the mages or templars sets in motion a chain of quests that I think you have to finish before you can get back to side quests, it doesn't lock out anything ( at least anything significant ). I got Iron Bull after siding with the mages. It might lock out some small quests in Haven, but nothing like failing to pick up all followers before heading to the Deep Roads in Dragon Age 2. I think they may have learned from their mistakes.

Now, am I the only who finds mount sort of ... useless? They're not really all that fast, and you have to stop and dismount to go into combat, making it impractical for exploration. If you absolutely have to get somewhere a little faster after you've already explored and cleared an area, maybe. MAYBE.

Sasquatch421

Quote from: Inkidu on November 21, 2014, 06:42:56 PM

Oh, am I going to have to find a Halfling to toss at ya? (I'm teasing!)

Finally finished setting up my Dragon Keep... Man it took awhile. Still wish there was a way to keep Bethany even if my Hawke is a mage... Carver just plain sucks. So I guess I can do my nice 45 min new character set-up and start playing seriously now.

Inkidu

I gave the fuck up on Dragon Keep. :P

How am I supposed to even get my XBOX 360 data to that site? :P
Why can't it just read the freaking data on my drive?
Plus, I'd probably have to stay hooked up to the internet to use the data anyway.

Fuck. That. Noise. :(

Hemingway: Yeah, the mounts basically are pointless, unless there's more races or something.

Also, anyone else think that Bioware shows obvious favoritism to the mages?

Falanor

The Keep site reads your achievements from your linked Xbox profile you don't import the data at all. As far as I can see you don't need to have a constant connection for that data to be maintained, I lost connection for half an hour last night and nothing happened.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 11:19:45 AM
The Keep site reads your achievements from your linked Xbox profile you don't import the data at all. As far as I can see you don't need to have a constant connection for that data to be maintained, I lost connection for half an hour last night and nothing happened.
I can't sync my Xbox. :P

Falanor

Quote from: Inkidu on November 22, 2014, 11:29:10 AM
I can't sync my Xbox. :P
What do you mean? Does it not get online or does it not sync when you start the game? If you're meaning to the Keep it has nothing to do with your Xbox.

Inkidu

Quote from: Falanor on November 22, 2014, 12:11:22 PM
What do you mean? Does it not get online or does it not sync when you start the game? If you're meaning to the Keep it has nothing to do with your Xbox.
That's what I freakin' thought.

Great, play two freaking games on 360 and I'm shafted. You know, I think this is the last Bioware game I play. Forget this shit.

I mean what was the freaking point if I can't import any of my world to the new game, are Xbox users just shit out of luck?