[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

The hell you on Shadow? Lunars are a freaking beast in personal combat.

Dracorion

Maybe if you could tell us a bit about how the Lunar was specced.  :P Relentless Lunar Fury and the charms that go with it can make Lunars pretty powerful, as far as I understand.

Laughing Hyena

Well I can tell you from my experiences with other players who do run Lunars and myself that Lunars are indeed insanely powerful. One of the most prominent was a martial artist Lunar who used Deadly Beast Transformation like a boss. He was a Spider Totem whom had specialized in his DBT to get a composite form splicing in multiple limbs to get about an eleven limb flurry.

Then there was another full moon whom didn't need her DBT to be deadly. All she needed was her razor claws, her movement speed and her tiger form to wreck people up like nobody's business. This was back before any of this errata was on about. So pretty much yeah Lunars can kick serious ass. ^_^

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 12, 2012, 04:44:44 PM
You mean back before a Solar could combo spam like it was going out of business? :P

Here's the Argent Witches rewrite stuff: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=134sdFCCi7zrEtMzh_gGLlMZJYQ-p3xXlpKhlUmYkp6k

Yes. This was also back before Dawns felt completely castrated.

As I recall this also allows Lunars to do the exact same thing. Along with Sidereals, Abyssals and so forth. If anything, Lunars can just own things more so now then when they used to. Hell any Celestial can

Laughing Hyena

Oh and on a second note I have my backstory up. Watch out for the enormous wall of text in there.

Dracorion

Right then, I looked over the Argent Witches stuff and decided not to implement it. Shadowfox, Lunars don't seem to me to be broken like you say, so I don't think they need a redesign.

Hyena, your backstory looks fine. I assume your major contacts are Splendid Star and Flawed Ruby?

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: Dracorion on November 12, 2012, 06:29:39 PM
Right then, I looked over the Argent Witches stuff and decided not to implement it. Shadowfox, Lunars don't seem to me to be broken like you say, so I don't think they need a redesign.

Hyena, your backstory looks fine. I assume your major contacts are Splendid Star and Flawed Ruby?

Correct Dracorion, I had indeed done just that.

Dracorion

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 12, 2012, 06:45:16 PM
Honestly not sure what to go with at this point.

Well, I stated that I'm willing to accept all character types because of this. If you have an idea, I'm willing to Do what I can to make it work.

The reason I disallowed Infernals is because the whole Reclamation business doesn't fit in with the focus I had planned for this campaigns.

Infernals would fit right in another campaign idea I had that I might run after this one.

Thorn14

I don't suppose you guys could fling some character concepts at me, could you?

Laughing Hyena

Marie Reynolds

Which type of Exalted are you looking at and ill see what i can cook up.

Zaer Darkwail

Check first post in the thread for update cast list. Also there is discussion going on No Moon sorceress with Thorn.

Quote from: Thorn14 on November 12, 2012, 11:59:43 PM
I don't suppose you guys could fling some character concepts at me, could you?

Hmmm, I would start with pics to draw inspiration from.

Pic1, Pic2, Pic3

Also another valid question is that should your lunar be sorceress or a necromancer. As lunar can study either one and in first age the Black Covenant had egual amount of no moons and twilights involved and no moons were first to achieve labyrinth circle spells. Pic3 could fit very well No Moon who has raven as spirit animal and is practicing necromancy (or casting leaf version of Obsidian Death Butterflies). Overall I would associate classically mystic creatures like owl, raven, serpent, lizard and some others as spirit totems for No Moons.

But nothing stops you making No Moon who's spirit totem is a monkey and she is master martial artist in celestial monkey style who has heavy emphasis on lore charms along with social charms to pull trickery on his/her foes. After all greatest lunar sorceress totem form is a moonsilver armor clad gorilla.

Thorn14

I'm really considering a type of ninja/spy character who is also good at social at this point actually.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, changing moon lunar then. As they are the ninja/spy with social charms usually. Their illussion conjuring power useful for such activity.

Thorn14

What are some  useful charms to look at for that?

I'm thinking an almost james bond style of spy/ninja.

one who can not only sneak in but also carouse in a social setting.

Laughing Hyena

What exalt type you going for? Lunar? Well let's see if I cannot find anything good.

Okay well theres some good social and obvious disguise/evasion charms in Appearance including the Hide of the Cunning Hunter which will hide your moonsilver tattoos as a most important detail along with any other body markings. Perfect Symmetry doubles your appearance MDV bonus or penalty that you can benefit or inflict. Highly useful when you want to sway someone. One of the Herd makes you not stand out at all as you become just another average face in a crowd. Clover Cannot be Found takes that a step further. Another social charm to pick up lies in Charisma called Hard Nosed Denial Style, which is a perfect defense against social attacks.

Thorn14

Laughing Hyena

Okay well theres some good social and obvious disguise/evasion charms in Appearance including the Hide of the Cunning Hunter which will hide your moonsilver tattoos as a most important detail along with any other body markings. Perfect Symmetry doubles your appearance MDV bonus or penalty that you can benefit or inflict. Highly useful when you want to sway someone. One of the Herd makes you not stand out at all as you become just another average face in a crowd. Clover Cannot be Found takes that a step further. Another social charm to pick up lies in Charisma called Hard Nosed Denial Style, which is a perfect defense against social attacks.

Thorn14

Zaer Darkwail

Yep, to learn difference in NMI and UMI (natural and unnatural mental influence respectively). Know that important is both know what is person's likely MD dodge value as is to know motivations/intimacies which can both strengthen and weaken target's MDV. Invest to socialize skill so you can talk a distracted small talk to establish surprise attack with NMI (or UMI) to deny target's mental dodge/parry value.

Laughing Hyena

As for Stealth charms or such... I don't think there are any for hiding save for the dexterity excellency and the blending into crowds charms I mentioned. As for ninja then I suggest you look at the balance charms for Dexterity such as Graceful Crane Stance and so forth.

Thorn14

Laughing Hyena

Thorn will do fine as a Lunar spy or ninja. Not that difficult. Maybe some stealth type charms are in the Glory to the most high and ink monkeys?

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, heart's blood (nomming lots animals and few humanoid forms) and with knacks shift them little (plumage mastery) is way to go for ninja/spying as lunar in lunar style. Lunars may not have charms avoid being seen (expect the blend in crowd) but rather that lunars hide in plain sight; become part of the background and no one pays mind to a tree or odd squirel here or there or field mouse. Question is how suspicious is the form taken (a wolf stalking in village causes bigger worry than walk in as generic pet dog or cat).

Muse

Zaer, Shadow, I'm missing why a changing moon would really need to sue prey's skin disguise?  Why kill a human when you have the innate power to look like anyone you want?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)