Magic Guild (Pathfinder)

Started by ulthakptah, March 08, 2013, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ulthakptah

Intrest thread
In character thread
OOC&Sheets thread

Let's face it magic is awesome, and if magic was actually real you could bet that our economy and government would be based around it today. That being said this game is just that. The world is run by magic, the government is run by wizards, and when someone needs something done, they turn to the magic guilds to hire. This is where the players come in. The players will be a team of arcane casters within a guild and accept jobs from it, pretty straight forward.

Starting level 6, Classes restricted to Arcane casters (Bard, Wizard, Sorcerer, Witch, Magus, and Summoner) Multiclassing is fine as long as one of the classes is still arcane. Abilities will be a choice of 25 point buy, or 1d10+8 seven times, the top six becoming the stat array. Starting gold will be 12,000, however this will be a high magic game and magic items cost half as much, and no experience is used to make them.

Inspiration for this game did come from the show Fairy Tail.

NicciKotor

Horray! Time for Lucy time time!
Turn on and off thread: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=69638.0

Give me toys and anime figures and I'll let you spank me as often as you want!

Discord: NicciKotor#8672

Tumblr page: https://www.tumblr.com/blog/freyathemagicalfoxy

Muse

Ooh, ooh, ooh!  Me, me me!  Pick me! 

(I take it psionics doesn't count?  )  :) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Tydorei

I always counted Alchemist as "Arcane" caster's... Are they not? Most of they're formulae are Arcane Spells after all. They don't pray or make pacts with spirits or creatures.

And I always considered Summoner's "Divine" caster's... They commune with living spirits from other planes, like clerics and paladins (or they're own plane like druids). The elidion isn't something they just created. But something they made a pact with. Right?

I'm not sure what class I'd pick, if I decide to apply... But would not want to know all the choices. lol

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me. I went ahead and looked it up. Summoners are Arcane casters. Witches are actually divine. But still, the DM's call.

Triggvi

I am thinking of doing a skeeve type character. Rogue caught stealing from a wizard and ends up his unwilling apprentice. 1 lvel ofrogue and 5 levels wizard.

NicciKotor

We still needs a cleric, so following the rules someone could multiclass a cleric and wizard for the laughs.

Also I need a guy for me to have a secret crush on and develop a relationship with over time. Since I am starting off as a virgin and sooner or later someone is going to pop my cherry and introduce me to depravity and orgies and all of those fun stuff.

Triggvi

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 08, 2013, 11:23:31 AM
We still needs a cleric, so following the rules someone could multiclass a cleric and wizard for the laughs.

Also I need a guy for me to have a secret crush on and develop a relationship with over time. Since I am starting off as a virgin and sooner or later someone is going to pop my cherry and introduce me to depravity and orgies and all of those fun stuff.
My character has a good charisma, rogue/ wizard with lots of social skills.

ShadowFox89

Hmm... Gonna make a Magus Elf, master swordfighter.

Stats (1d10+8=13, 1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=11, 1d10+8=15, 1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=14, 1d10+8=17)

18, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 11. Dropping the 11 for a great array of stats.

Going for an Erza Scarlet style character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=530352

Partially done. Still need to know if how we figure HP.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chloe Milev

Quote from: NicciKotor on March 08, 2013, 11:23:31 AM

Nah, just get a Necromancer of life that casts infernal healing, false life, vampiric touch, and if worse comes to worst, animate dead (and maybe restore corpse) to walk your corpse to the temple of [god of magic].
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Triggvi

Quote from: Chloe Milev on March 08, 2013, 02:15:09 PM
Nah, just get a Necromancer of life that casts infernal healing, false life, vampiric touch, and if worse comes to worst, animate dead (and maybe restore corpse) to walk your corpse to the temple of [god of magic].
The necromancer of life looked cool but i went with intutive wizard

ShadowFox89

Mystic Theurge is always an option...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Blinkin

I've never played the magic side of things in Pathfinder, and don't know a lot about it, but would the majority of levels have to be in the arcane, or can it be about even... example, a 4th level ranger and a 2nd level druid? Or hell, 6 levels of druid?

I would like to have some ability with non-magical defense as spells eventually run out... If that's acceptible.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

ShadowFox89

I'm not exactly sure why we're limited to just arcane casting... Given that any sort of casting should be enough to fill the idea of a mage's guild.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Triggvi

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 08, 2013, 02:53:12 PM
I'm not exactly sure why we're limited to just arcane casting... Given that any sort of casting should be enough to fill the idea of a mage's guild.
If i am reading the drscriptio right, we have to have at least on level of arcane caster. After all it is a mage guild not a casters guild.

Callie Del Noire

Hmmm.. tempted to jump in.. got a nice admixture tiefling wizard I'd like to try. :d

ulthakptah

Quote from: Tydorei on March 08, 2013, 09:53:05 AM
I always counted Alchemist as "Arcane" caster's... Are they not? Most of they're formulae are Arcane Spells after all. They don't pray or make pacts with spirits or creatures.

And I always considered Summoner's "Divine" caster's... They commune with living spirits from other planes, like clerics and paladins (or they're own plane like druids). The elidion isn't something they just created. But something they made a pact with. Right?

I'm not sure what class I'd pick, if I decide to apply... But would not want to know all the choices. lol

Edit: Curiosity got the better of me. I went ahead and looked it up. Summoners are Arcane casters. Witches are actually divine. But still, the DM's call.
I don't actually have any books and just use the srd, so my information may be different, but it clearly states that witches use arcane spells.

Anyway alchemists are arcane, but I never really thought of them as spell casters. However I guess they would fit in fine as their class features basically emulate spells.

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on March 08, 2013, 11:27:56 AM
Hmm... Gonna make a Magus Elf, master swordfighter.

Stats (1d10+8=13, 1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=11, 1d10+8=15, 1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=14, 1d10+8=17)

18, 18, 17, 15, 14, 13, 11. Dropping the 11 for a great array of stats.

Going for an Erza Scarlet style character.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=530352

Partially done. Still need to know if how we figure HP.
HP is normal, full for first level then roll.
Quote from: Blinkin on March 08, 2013, 02:43:59 PM
I've never played the magic side of things in Pathfinder, and don't know a lot about it, but would the majority of levels have to be in the arcane, or can it be about even... example, a 4th level ranger and a 2nd level druid? Or hell, 6 levels of druid?

I would like to have some ability with non-magical defense as spells eventually run out... If that's acceptible.
Rangers and druids both use divine magic. Also 0th level spells don't run out when used.

Quote from: Muse on March 08, 2013, 07:11:27 AM
  Ooh, ooh, ooh!  Me, me me!  Pick me! 

(I take it psionics doesn't count?  )  :) 
Right no Psions

Triggvi

Trovor Pyrizine

Here is my character so far. Need to finish spells, equipment still and of course to put up his back story

link to stat roll:
1d10+9=9,1d10+8=10,1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=17, 1d10+8=9,1d10+8=18, 1d10+8=16

Drop one of the second 9 and you get 9,10,16,17,18,18
+2 from human to intel 20, +1 from levels to Dex (18), Cha 18, Con 16, Str 9, Wis 10

Blinkin

So... a straight Ranger will work? Cool!

Working on this and will post a character probably either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

kckolbe

Rangers would not work, based on what he said.  Arcane only.  Does pathfinder have spellthiefs?  If not, might go as a bard.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

ulthakptah

Quote from: Blinkin on March 08, 2013, 06:10:19 PM
So... a straight Ranger will work? Cool!

Working on this and will post a character probably either later tonight or tomorrow morning.
Quote from: kckolbe on March 08, 2013, 06:13:24 PM
Rangers would not work, based on what he said.  Arcane only.  Does pathfinder have spellthiefs?  If not, might go as a bard.
Arcane only, precisely. Also I do not think spellthiefs are in pathfinder.

Muse

Blinkin', if you want a fighter with muscle, try Alchemist, Magus, or Summoner.   
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Blinkin

Quote from: kckolbe on March 08, 2013, 06:13:24 PM

I thought he said..

"Rangers and druids both use divine magic. Also 0th level spells don't run out when used.
"

If a cleric, who uses divine magic was acceptible... *shrugs* My confusion, sorry. Have to think about this...
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

NicciKotor

Surprised no one has gone for a elemental bloodline sorcerer yet. You can easily recreate Gray or Natsu with fire or ice elemental specialty.

Healing in this game is going to be tricky, unless we are allowed to make healing potions and wands of the sorts, or just buy them.

Quote from: Blinkin on March 08, 2013, 06:53:54 PM
I thought he said..

"Rangers and druids both use divine magic. Also 0th level spells don't run out when used.
"

If a cleric, who uses divine magic was acceptible... *shrugs* My confusion, sorry. Have to think about this...

He was just explaining the rules for divine casters.

kckolbe

44731   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:57:21   At 2013-03-08 18:57:21, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 15
44730   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:57:08   At 2013-03-08 18:57:08, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 15
44729   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:56:57   At 2013-03-08 18:56:57, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 11
44728   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:56:46   At 2013-03-08 18:56:46, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 18
44727   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:56:32   At 2013-03-08 18:56:32, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 15
44726   kckolbe   Noone or Anyone   2013-03-08 18:56:13   At 2013-03-08 18:56:13, kckolbe (uid: 6919) rolls: 1d10a8 Result: 13

Being a bard, I can do some healing, and will even let you guys choose which archetype I play.  Would you like the Magician? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/magician or the Archeaologist? http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/bard/archetypes/paizo---bard-archetypes/archaeologist

Either way I will have some healing abilities.  Really depends on whether you want a rogue type or buffs.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Blinkin

Hmmmm, not really seeing anything that gets my juices flowing... I've never been a big straight spell slinger player, so I think I'll bow out of this one. Thanks.
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.