News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

League of Legends

Started by Aiden, May 22, 2011, 02:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

Quote from: Ryven on October 08, 2011, 02:57:41 PM
Perhaps a mage?  You don't have many AP characters with the exception of Lux.

Good suggestion. That means Ill probably pick up Veigar or Anivia, both great mages that I know how to play (besides Lux who is a killing machine in my hands)
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Shjade

I'd suggest Ryze first. He's cheap (450 IP), he's tanky - your current options don't really have much in the way of tanky dps - AND he's a mage.
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Anyalyss

Quote from: Shjade on October 08, 2011, 05:55:44 PM
Cait OP vs. bots. Nerf nao.

Nuh uh! she needs a boost! *giggles*

Morgana costs 1350, I think, she's a very easy mage to play both vs bots and in pvp. She can also work as a semi-tank although I had more fun with her as pure AP and support, her ulti is very fun to watch as most people will flee from her as soon as it's active *giggles*
O&O's    A&A's

DaCookie

Quote from: Anyalyss on October 08, 2011, 04:13:43 PM
I bought Caitlyn with IP a week ago or so, maybe a little more, and I LOVE her! my last match vs bots was 29/1/7 *giggles* It's just a shame that the in-game character has ugly dark blue hair instead of the lovely dark brown of the artwork :(

If I had money I would buy the Resistance Caitlyn skin but I already saw that she has the same hair color *pouts*

Lul bots >.>
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Shjade

Believe it or not, bots give some people trouble still, particularly on certain champions.

Once you get used to them, though, or you pick good champions for the job, or you just get better at the game, you go 33/0/11 with Ryze for your win of the day.

Oh, bots. You so silly.
◕/◕'s

Samael

Quote from: DaCookie on October 09, 2011, 11:53:30 PM
Lul bots >.>

You say lul, and then anniebot comes rushing at you with her 5/1/2 score, and one shots you.

A friend of mine started playing on the EU servers, so I made a new account to play with him... unfortunately I learned that "smurfs" are some of the most abrasive people on earth. Sure, beat on people who genuinely play the game the first time, while talking shit at em the same time in allchat, while you use your pubstomp champ.

God, LoL really has the worst community.
On & Offs | My Games | Apologies & Absences | Tumblr
Et comme des fleurs de glace, on grandit dans la nuit
La lumière nous efface, dans la noirceur on vit
Comme des fleurs de glace, on rêve et on reste unis
Des fleurs au cœur de l'insomnie

"Eisblume - Fleurs De Glace"

Shjade

Smurfs are typically dicks in any community. :|
◕/◕'s

Anyalyss

Yeah it's pretty terrible, against bots it's not too bad anyway, sometimes there is one on your teams that it's all "omg ks!" but apart from that they're usually nice, at least on EU West (besides it's always fun to play with people from other countries from the EU :-) )

As for the bots, they're fun on easy mode, however in the other difficulty level they get a high gold boost for doing nothing so you will be fighting against bots with full crazy expensive equipment vs your still half finished (or still crappy) one, so unfair! *giggles*

PS: I have yet to see a smurf offer help or advice to real newbie players, they simply whine if the team is lossing  ::)
O&O's    A&A's

Shjade

That's only true if you don't crush them first.

Typical intermediate bot game if I'm playing Morde or Ryze, I end at level 17-18 with a score of something like 2X/0/1X and the bots aren't even level 11 yet because they've been dead half the game. Most ranged carries will do this as well, as can Annie and other uber burst champs obviously, but I tend to die at least once or twice on those squishier types.

You just have to smash their faces. Game ends in 18-24 minutes, hooray +150 IP.
◕/◕'s

Anyalyss

+150? that's with ip boost no? because in those games I barely get 50 on easy and  little bit more on intermediate.
O&O's    A&A's

ofDelusions

He means first win of the day bonus.

Anyalyss

O&O's    A&A's

Rhaegar14

Omg... I just lost six games straight before I finally gave up on my first win of the day bonus... T.T
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Anyalyss

I totally forgot to play my first win yesterday :( Am I the only one that hates it when that happens even if you don't need more PI? *giggles*

@Rhaegar14, play with bots on easy, that's a guaranted win! (or should be, unless your whole team are very newbies, I lost one on easy when I was starting, although two left the match early on)
O&O's    A&A's

Rhaegar14

But Anya, I've been playing this game for a year!! I'm too proud to play bots on beginner! XD
Pretty much scrapped my signature because everything in it is hilariously out of date. I might work on fixing that eventually.

Brandon

Yeah if you want a quick game to get your first win of the day beginning bots is usually the way to go. The only way I ever lost those games is if we had intentional feeding going on, several afk/disconnected players, and extremely new people playing and even then it usually has to be more then one of those things going on. Afterwards you can play as many other games as you want and you dont have to worry about wins/losses

Anyway, this week I spent some IP and bought Veigar and Sivir, the former because I needed a good mage besides the laser shooting terror known as Lux and the later because with the free champions this week I found I really like Sivir (and the fact that shes only 450 IP helps too). Im kind of torn on my next champion purchase, I need a good jungler and the one I want is trundle but Im thinking I could also use an assassin champion

Right now my champions list is: Alistar, Lux, Sivir, Tristana, Viegar, Wukong
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Anyalyss

@Rhaegar14, don't make me go over there and give you a smack :P play with bots I say! *giggles*

@Brandon, Yeah, although I confess that now that I know how to play and kick some ass with Caitlyn (which is my only champion right now, got a refund on the others) I'm kind of waiting/hoping for someone to disconnect, just so the match lasts more than 20 minutes *giggles* I never get the chance to buy all the equipment I want *pouts*

I tried Katarina (AP) the other day and I sucked a lot (2/2/1):( I guess that I'm just better with ranged champions.
O&O's    A&A's

Rhaegar14

With the following, bear in mind that Kat was the second champion I bought with IP, the first I was really any good with, and is to this day my favorite:

Katarina is terrible.

Her damage is literally 90% her ult, especially in a team fight, and against people wh know what they're doing it gets shut down way too often. Katarina will not be viable (*cries inside*) until they revamp Death Lotus from very near the ground up.

Anyalyss

Aww, so it wasn't just me.

Her ulti seemed to break as soon as I clicked anywhere, she was "ok" farming minions but... meh... compared to Caitlyn it was like night and day, I couldn't find the right way to kill bots *sighs*
O&O's    A&A's

Brandon

Yeah since shes free this week I tried her a few times against bots and either Im just not good at her or shes not a very good champion (or maybe both?). So I dont think I will end up buying her till I get to that point where I literaly have nothing else to spend IP on

Rhaegar14

Okay, I will say this: clicking is bad. Katarina's ultimate is channeled; she has to stand in one place, without being stunned, taunted, or silenced, for it's duration. Moving interrupts it (along with hard CC, which is what makes her so bad).

If it goes uninterrupted, however, it will destroy entire teams. I've gotten several pentas with her in games where they couldn't keep me under control.

Anyalyss

Aww see, I'm so used to clicking all the time with Caitlyn to move her back and forth that I kept doing the same with Katarina. I will try her again later today, see if it gets any better *crosses fingers*
O&O's    A&A's

Ryven

While I agree that her ulti is very fragile because it can be interrupted with CC, it has a very low cooldown.  60s for her ulti is not bad at all, and if you kill an enemy champ with it, you're already down to 45 seconds.  30s if you kill 2.  Her other abilities are nothing to laugh at either.  Her bouncing blade does 200 damage plus 80% of her AD and 30% of her AP on the first target (10% less with each consecutive target).  Shunpo is 240 + 75% of her AP.  Not too bad at all, and when you add her third ability which adds even more damage to her attacks and abilities, she's insane.  An extra 240 damage to Death Lotus.  Full damage on Bouncing Blade plus 50% heal reduction, and damage reduction after using shunpo.  Yes, she can be interrupted, but if you're smart, you can wait until the hard CC has been used by the other team.

Shjade

Katarina is bad because she has no utility. Her entire job is to jump into a team and ult on their faces in a teamfight, preferably right after they just blew most of their CC on someone else. Problem is, Fiddlesticks performs the same role while also having a fear and an AE silence. She's a little bit more survivalist than Fiddles since she has Shunpo to either escape with or to amp up her damage reduction, but she's overall pretty much inferior to him for massive AP damage options, and damage is all she has to offer, so...yeah.

I wouldn't go so far as to call her terrible, but when I see a Katarina on the other team my first thought is usually something like "man I'm glad that Kat didn't pick Akali."
◕/◕'s

Ryven

You have good points, and they're all valid.  However, Fiddles ult (without any cooldown reduction) has a cooldown of 150 seconds.  Katarina, again, has a cooldown of 60 seconds.  So while she may not have the same power behind her ult, she can use it more often.  If she kills someone, she can use it even sooner.  So while his ult might do more damage in one use, she can use hers twice or even three times before he can use his again.  Her spells also cost no mana and have a lower cooldown than Fiddles though he does have nice CC.  I wouldn't say she has that much more survivability than him since he does have a self-heal and she does not.  Her escape isn't even guaranteed since she needs another player or npc to use her shunpo to escape.  In my opinion, I just think she trades having CC and more damage for lower cooldowns and no resources to manage when you compare the two.

I think the question is, does her advantages outweigh her disadvantages?  Is having no CC giving up to much for the lower cooldowns and no mana?

I think she does need work, but I'm not sure really what to change on her.  I'd think her ulti needs the most work.