News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Xbox One Vs PS4 - Next Gen gaming

Started by Moraline, May 21, 2013, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oreo

I can see the appeal of MMORPG. I just play slower than most people and can't keep up. This makes the game not fun. No point in playing if it isn't fun. I'd love to see the old FF games get a facelift. I'd be happy to pay $60 to play them with modern graphics.

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 02:23:00 PM
So with a lot of games that are going to be released on both consoles, are some of you going to wait for the new console or get them on the current gen?
No. I only want two games so far. FF Lightning Returns and FF XV. Since both will be playable on the PS3, no need to get the new console. Might be a different story if I could play FPS'.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 02:26:56 PM
I can see the appeal of MMORPG. I just play slower than most people and can't keep up. This makes the game not fun. No point in playing if it isn't fun. I'd love to see the old FF games get a facelift. I'd be happy to pay $60 to play them with modern graphics.
No. I only want two games so far. FF Lightning Returns and FF XV. Since both will be playable on the PS3, no need to get the new console. Might be a different story if I could play FPS'.

The FF X remake is the testing ground for the remakes. If it does well, they will be looking into more.
If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Sonowske

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 02:26:56 PMNo. I only want two games so far. FF Lightning Returns and FF XV. Since both will be playable on the PS3, no need to get the new console. Might be a different story if I could play FPS'.

Pretty sure FF XV will only be playable on next gen consoles.

You actually like the FF 13 games?

SinXAzgard21

Yup, FF XV is Ps4 and Xbox the last.

I happened to like the FF XIII games as well.  I also like how XV look and how the combat runs.

Sonowske

I can't understand how people find FFXIII enjoyable. Its lack of an in-depth combat system, annoying characters, and confusing storyline really bored and frustrated me.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 02:46:54 PM
I can't understand how people find FFXIII enjoyable. Its lack of an in-depth combat system, annoying characters, and confusing storyline really bored and frustrated me.

Well, I'm not you so that is a start.

Oreo

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 02:36:13 PM
Pretty sure FF XV will only be playable on next gen consoles.

You actually like the FF 13 games?

I really liked FF XIII and have played through twice already. It was tough learning how to manipulate the battle system. I had to switch from my normal slash through everything with brute force. This required some thought and design into fighting each different beast along the way. Once the Steppe opened up, it was really good.

Some of the puzzles in XIII-2 are a bitch though. :P

Sony's freshly outed PS4 will come with many a'title when it launches this year, but two in particular are grabbing gamers' imaginations.
The company got a coup when it was announced during its E3 2013 press conference that Final Fantasy XV not just as a PlayStation 4 exclusive but as one for bound for the older PS3, which wasn't neglected on the game front in the slightest.
The company will also play host to Kingdom Hearts 3, though there was no mention of it as an exclusive to Sony's systems. Fans of the title will note the last in the Kingdom Hearts numeric came out in 2006.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

Sonowske

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 02:50:15 PM
I really liked FF XIII and have played through twice already. It was tough learning how to manipulate the battle system. I had to switch from my normal slash through everything with brute force.

Sounds to me like you're mainly an action gamer.

Oreo

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 02:53:13 PM
Sounds to me like you're mainly an action gamer.
;D Yes. I like JRPG, Action RPG, and Action games. Can't play FPS' and don't care for straight up Strategy. I do like grid RPGs though.

SinXAzgard21

Oreo, it has not been confirmed for ps3 and it is looking like it will not be.  The FF game they were talking about was XIV.

Sonowske

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 02:56:03 PM
;D Yes. I like JRPG, Action RPG, and Action games. Can't play FPS' and don't care for straight up Strategy. I do like grid RPGs though.

If you want an action game that'll truly test your limits, Ninja Gaiden II can surely deliver on that.

The best JRPGs I've played were FFVII and FFXII.

Popular grid RPGs are games like Fire Emblem. The latest game for the 3DS received widespread critical acclaim due to its mix of western and eastern ideas.

My most favorite action RPGs are probably the Kingdom Hearts games.

Oreo

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 02:58:16 PM
Oreo, it has not been confirmed for ps3 and it is looking like it will not be.  The FF game they were talking about was XIV.

Do you have a source for this? From what I saw it was available for PS3 and 4.

If it is only for PS4, I'll be having a merry Christmas to me party. Hopefully it will come in a bundle. I should have the 360 and PS3 paid off in time to order the PS4.

Quote from: Sonowske on June 19, 2013, 03:01:00 PM
If you want an action game that'll truly test your limits, Ninja Gaiden II can surely deliver on that.

The best JRPGs I've played were FFVII and FFXII.

Popular grid RPGs are games like Fire Emblem. The latest game for the 3DS received widespread critical acclaim due to its mix of western and eastern ideas.

My most favorite action RPGs are probably the Kingdom Hearts games.

The older graphics look so sad on my HUGE HD TV. I play more for fun than challenging myself to the breaking point. I liked Lost Odyssey and Enchanted Arms.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 03:19:09 PM
Do you have a source for this? From what I saw it was available for PS3 and 4.

If it is only for PS4, I'll be having a merry Christmas to me party. Hopefully it will come in a bundle. I should have the 360 and PS3 paid off in time to order the PS4.

http://sgcafe.com/2013/06/final-fantasy-xv-versus-xiii-kingdom-hearts-3-headed-ps4/

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-is-not-a-ps4-exclusive-512611858

It is being developed with Dx 11.  Ps3 won't be able to run it.

Oreo

I'll be getting a PS4 eventually, in that case.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Oreo on June 19, 2013, 03:44:28 PM
I'll be getting a PS4 eventually, in that case.

Sorry to rain on the parade.

Inkidu

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 02:18:57 PM
I think your opon is biased.
I think your opinion of my opinion is biased. That is to say: one what grounds do you find it biased?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Sabby

SinXAzgard21

Slywyn

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 04:12:53 PM
I don't think so.

You don't think epic single-player games(And not just RPGs) is a good thing to have? Not everyone wants to play with their friends 24/7. I know that there's often in my life where I just want to kick back and play some Shadow of the Colossus, or Dragon's Dogma, or Dragon Age: Origins, or any number of other epic games, without having to deal with other people.

I don't know why that is such a bad thing to have.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.

Kuje

Sabby

Games aren't a hobby for me, they're my passion. To think one day ill have to enjoy that passion with a group or not at all saddens me.

Fuck other people, my game time is to get away from you. *such a recluse* -.-

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Kuje on June 19, 2013, 04:21:46 PM
Microsoft reversed a lot of what they said at E3 as seen from this posting today:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-80-microsoft-reverses-xbox-one-drm-features/

Hahaha, still am not buying this piece of crap.

SinXAzgard21

Quote from: Sabby on June 19, 2013, 04:23:38 PM
Games aren't a hobby for me, they're my passion. To think one day ill have to enjoy that passion with a group or not at all saddens me.

Fuck other people, my game time is to get away from you. *such a recluse* -.-

Stick with Mario, sonic and Link then.

Inkidu

Quote from: Kuje on June 19, 2013, 04:21:46 PM
Microsoft reversed a lot of what they said at E3 as seen from this posting today:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/06/19/xbox-one-80-microsoft-reverses-xbox-one-drm-features/
Oh my God, they listened. They actually listened. Part of me thinks they're just lying their asses off, but still. I might be able to get an Xbone (nope the name sticks guys, if only to keep you humble).
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Slywyn

Quote from: SinXAzgard21 on June 19, 2013, 04:27:26 PM
Stick with Mario, sonic and Link then.

Or people can continue to make singleplayer games like they always have and everyone can be happy.

What a wonderful world we're in where that sort of thing happens.
What Makes A Shark Tick ( o/o's )

"True friendship is when you walk into their house and your WiFi automatically connects." - The Internet, Probably

I'm just the silliest, friendliest little shark that ever did. Sure, I have all these teeth but I don't bite... much.