News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

ExXxalted game

Started by DreadD, December 14, 2009, 01:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Assume in my opinion goes in front of everything. I'm not going to type it out.

I'd rather use the power of a demigod to deal with high-rollers rather than mucking around with dirt farmers. I want Grand Theft Yeddim meets Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon meets Action Comics meets Weapons of the Gods.

Being an Exalt of any level should eliminate a lot of people from being important by virtue of being someone with a heroic destiny and the guarantee of changing the world and fate itself. We reshape the world with or without the Eye of Auchtochton. Once you Exalt, you stop being the victim of a crapsack world where everyone and everything owns you, and can trade you to whomever they please for half a cigarette. Once you Exalt, you now live in a world of cardboard and even the biggest, baddest baddy in badguytown can't treat you like an extra anymore.

The youngest Exalt can wave away anything a master swordsman of 50 years can bring to bear with their own power.

Or did I buy a bridge from White Wolf?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

DreadD

Ah, perhaps true on an *individual* basis with a lot of people, but it's a simple fact that due to the way the numbers and reality work out, if a group of fifty to 100 people want to kill an exalt or two, particularly a recent one, they very often *can* and because of this people with a lot of political thrust, numerous hired guards, and so on, still have to be dealt with, and one isn't free to run around and just destroy any town they come across, and so on.

Massive world shaping artifacts removes any need to even pretend to be polite to entire *cities* of people, if they're truly world shaping and so SUPER as to have so many people out after them, and while I like the idea of being the movers and shapers and so on in the world, I'd like to still have to interact with the people of the world and so on in the process rather than eclipsing them and being able to count the number of people that matter as other exalts, the Fair Folk, and powerful gods and demons, and not even all of them.

Additionally, ignoring potential stat penalties, a heroic mortal with 50 years of sword mastery and so on might actually be able to menace an Exalt, Mortals are permitted to be capable of quite a bit, so long as they're heroic.

prurientelf

Furhtermore, not every exalt focuses it's power on combat.  While my heroine probably won't be a complete stranger to some kind of diaklaive her emphasis will be on linguistics, bureaucracy, and the more social charms....who needs to be a master of the sword if you can incite a mob to riot in a moments notice anyway? 

Quote from: DreadD on December 17, 2009, 01:43:09 AM
Ah, perhaps true on an *individual* basis with a lot of people, but it's a simple fact that due to the way the numbers and reality work out, if a group of fifty to 100 people want to kill an exalt or two, particularly a recent one, they very often *can* and because of this people with a lot of political thrust, numerous hired guards, and so on, still have to be dealt with, and one isn't free to run around and just destroy any town they come across, and so on.

Massive world shaping artifacts removes any need to even pretend to be polite to entire *cities* of people, if they're truly world shaping and so SUPER as to have so many people out after them, and while I like the idea of being the movers and shapers and so on in the world, I'd like to still have to interact with the people of the world and so on in the process rather than eclipsing them and being able to count the number of people that matter as other exalts, the Fair Folk, and powerful gods and demons, and not even all of them.

Additionally, ignoring potential stat penalties, a heroic mortal with 50 years of sword mastery and so on might actually be able to menace an Exalt, Mortals are permitted to be capable of quite a bit, so long as they're heroic.

Cold Heritage

Nothing I said is exclusive to combat prowess.

Anyway, best of luck with this, everyone. I'll bow out since I want something different.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Empyrean

I'm willing to drop the four other NPCs and the artifact if it's a problem for all and work up something more appealing.

As for chargen: All Second Edition books are welcome, and I will allows Merits and Flaws from Scroll of Heroes. I'll also allow the charms, spells, and artifacts from the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness, but not the new martial art introduced in it as it doesn't seem fleshed out to me. Characters can be made as per normal rules for a starting character of their type.

As I understand it so far, we have:

A Night Caste courtesan and/or a busty martial artist
A naive Eclipse
A No Moon shaman/sorcerer or a Changing Moon thief
A Twilight Caste sorcerer or a Zenith caste sorcerer/priest

Plot Hooks: I've considered the Spawning of Monsters spell, but I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable letting it into play. But in a similar vein, would a Lunar sorcerer-scientist dedicated to breeding new races and with a lot of shapeshifting knacks for the omni-sex demigod idea of yours work?

Prurientelf: I can certainly run a grittier game if that's desired. Creation has a lot of inequities to be explored, and sexual ones should not be left out here.

DreadD

Okay, hrm, I think I'll go with a Changing moon socialite and see how it works out...

Muse

i have no clue what themes to build for here, peeps. 

Will there be non-con in this game?  High adventure?  Or do i need to focus on my social fu?
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Zaer Darkwail

Well, I am interested join this game. As dawn actually. I would go to the traditional 'heavy armor and biggest daiklave I can find' approach. With familiar at rating 4-5 for a flying horse which is half-breed of a magical northern horse and air elemental (a demigod entity which he tamed self-handledly). Also add reputation, followers and even cult (so he had been target for wyld hunt or two but all cases wyld hunt had failed so far because houses sended scrubs which were decked in artifacts).

So, essentially a combat/war machine guy but not much in social nor sneaky type (but he is handsome and charming so he is not clutch either). I do plan play him as experienced exalt (to bring some veteran among young bloods) but what bonuses my char gets besides beginner ones (to measure how much more experienced he is).

Raveled

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 18, 2009, 07:50:47 AMWell, I am interested join this game. As dawn actually. I would go to the traditional 'heavy armor and biggest daiklave I can find' approach. With familiar at rating 4-5 for a flying horse which is half-breed of a magical northern horse and air elemental (a demigod entity which he tamed self-handledly). Also add reputation, followers and even cult (so he had been target for wyld hunt or two but all cases wyld hunt had failed so far because houses sended scrubs which were decked in artifacts).

So, essentially a combat/war machine guy but not much in social nor sneaky type (but he is handsome and charming so he is not clutch either). I do plan play him as experienced exalt (to bring some veteran among young bloods) but what bonuses my char gets besides beginner ones (to measure how much more experienced he is).

That reads an awful lot like a Mary Marty Sue...
O|O A|A Ideas

"Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All the people in the whole world. I mean everybody. No matter how boring or dull they are on the outside, inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, stupid, wonderful worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe." Neil Gaiman

prurientelf

Quote from: Muse on December 18, 2009, 05:06:21 AM
i have no clue what themes to build for here, peeps. 

Will there be non-con in this game?  High adventure?  Or do i need to focus on my social fu?

I would hope all three?  :D

prurientelf

PM you the character sheet?

Quote from: Empyrean on December 17, 2009, 07:46:48 PM
I'm willing to drop the four other NPCs and the artifact if it's a problem for all and work up something more appealing.

As for chargen: All Second Edition books are welcome, and I will allows Merits and Flaws from Scroll of Heroes. I'll also allow the charms, spells, and artifacts from the Scroll of Swallowed Darkness, but not the new martial art introduced in it as it doesn't seem fleshed out to me. Characters can be made as per normal rules for a starting character of their type.

As I understand it so far, we have:

A Night Caste courtesan and/or a busty martial artist
A naive Eclipse
A No Moon shaman/sorcerer or a Changing Moon thief
A Twilight Caste sorcerer or a Zenith caste sorcerer/priest

Plot Hooks: I've considered the Spawning of Monsters spell, but I can't say that I'm entirely comfortable letting it into play. But in a similar vein, would a Lunar sorcerer-scientist dedicated to breeding new races and with a lot of shapeshifting knacks for the omni-sex demigod idea of yours work?

Prurientelf: I can certainly run a grittier game if that's desired. Creation has a lot of inequities to be explored, and sexual ones should not be left out here.

prurientelf

Also, can someone, preferably the Storyteller, send along the character creation rules/numbers?  I am bookless since my move but I found an online character maker I can use.

Empyrean

Sexual themes will be non-con, possibly some bondage.

There will be high adventure and a need for social-fu, yes. :)

Prurientelf: Feel free to PM me the sheet and I'll get those creation rules to you later today. :)

Zaer: I'd prefer if they all started on an even playing field as new Exalts, but I have no problem with you going for a war machine character.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, even field then. Anycase Prurientelf here is quick summary of the char creation rules;

Char Creation process

Step One: Choose concept, caste and motivation. Note caste's anima power.

Step Two: Attributes. Note that all attributes start by one dot before you add any.
Prioritize the three categories; 8/6/4

Step Three: Abilities. Note caste abilities and choose 5 favored abilities. 28pts spread, 10 in favored and caste abilities, minimum 1pt in each of them. None above 3 without bonus points.

Step Four: Advantages. 7 dots in backgrounds (none higher than 3 without bonus points). 10 chars (five in favored/caste abilities). Virtues (5, none above 4 without bonus points) and virtue flaw.

Step Five: Finishing Touches. Record Essence (2). Willpower (add two highest virtue values together). Personal essence ([Essence x 3] + willpower). Peripheral essence ([essence x 7] + willpower + sum of all virtues). Record healt levels (7, plus any gained by charms).

Bonus Points: 15

BP Costs:
Attribute 4
Ability 2 (1 if favored/caste)
Background 1 (2 if goign above 3)
Speciality 1 (2 per one if favored/caste aility)
Virtue 3
Willpower 2
Intimacies 3 to increase starting intimacies to (willpower + compassion)
Essence 7
Charms 5 (4 if in favored/caste ability)

Plot Hooks

If you're not comfortable with the spawning of monsters spell, I'm comfortable with modifying it.   After all, it is a first edition spell, and doesn't fit neatly into the mechanics.   The one other time that I've seen it implimented in second edition, the GM put a cap of Essence 3 on anything that was created, and capped the attributes/skills at 5.     He then hinted that an un-crippled Solar Circle spell could be created, if the player sunk the time and effort into it.   I would like to point out that there's nothing in the spell that a Neomah can't do, mechanically.

As far as having the character be a Lunar, I really don't see her evolving that way.   "Better Life" for her will inevitably include Magitech.   While she may get along well with alot of Lunar philosophy, I don't think that the character in my head would make a good Lunar herself.    Also factoring in is the fact that she's a sorcerer, who's dedicated to basically a concept of perfection.   Wouldn't do to not have access to SCS.    And besides, if I were to make a Lunar, I'd want to build it from scratch so that I could do something interesting with the Lunar skill-set.

If there's no getting around the whole spell thing, I'd rather go with my Zenith concept.   I'm equally interested in both characters, and given the choice, I'd rather go with a character that I can play as concieved vs. a character that's close to concieved, but not quiet there.     If neither of them work, I can always go back to the drawing board.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

Ons/Offs       Ideas          A/A

Muse

Five Winds Rhapsody: Zenith (Or Eclipse) Caste Dancer and leader of an adventuring elemental band.  :) 

Voice Actress and Inpirational Model: Christina Scabia (From the band Lacuna Coil). 

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Plot Hooks

Elf...

If you haven't seen it already, check out Ed's Exalted Toolkit.   It has one of the best character generators around.  It's actually aimed at GM's, so Mr. GM, it might come in handy for you too!

http://www.edexalted.com/

Just make sure you get all the patches for it.
"Cut me down or let me run.  Either way it's all gonna burn." - Joe (The Protomen)

ReijiTabibito

I've played Exalted.  Oddly enough, I've never had the chance to play a Solar (played a campaign two evenings a month for over a year, as a Sidereal Chosen of Journeys; and recently gotten into the Dragon-Bloods).  I have a character concept, a Twilight warrior scholar (tentative name The Archer of Dusk's Fading Light).  I'm not so quick to assume I'm in, so am I, and if I am, am I stepping on anyone's toes?

Empyrean

Plot: I reread the Neomah's mechanical effects. I can agree to the spell with the cap of only being able to make creatures up to Essence 3, and that your character would need to make the same sort of Compassion+Craft (Flesh) roll that a Neomah needs to. I do understand wanting to play a character as you envision it, believe me. Thanks for the link too. I'll check it out. :)

Muse: Sounds good. PM me more about this Elemental band.

Reiji: Welcome aboard! I have no problem with a Twilight warrior-scholar. :)

ReijiTabibito

Okay, sounds good.  Got that just from the Charms section of the corebook.  Two things I want to clear up, though.

A: Empyrean, are you the GM for this Chronicle?

B: What sort of Exalteds would be accepted for this campaign?  I know I say I wanted to play a Solar, but I've also had experience with Sidereals, and I've like what I've seen of the Terrestrials so far, so I'm just trying to keep an open mind.

Plot Hooks

Emp:

Warning!

Sometimes when I'm in negotiation mode, I come off as a bit of a jack-ass due to my bluntness.  Sorry if this is the case.    I am not pro-actively seeking to be a dick.  Apologies in advance!

With all due respect, if I'm going to spend all of those points at character creation outfitting my character with Celestial Sorcery,  I'd rather not have to also spend points on skills and virtues that I would not have taken otherwise (Craft(Flesh) and Compassion) for a roll that I'm only going to use with the spell.   This goes doubly so, because I was already planning on taking Demon of the First Circle.   

When I look at this from a cost/benifit analysis, it's much easier to just get Summon Demon of the First Circle, spend a few days summoning Neomah's, and create a monster-making factory and go to town without much concern for human life, cause Neomah's creations don't try and rip their way out of the womb.    Also, I've some concerns about how a craft(Flesh) fits in with the flavor of the spell, as Neomah physically weave the creature together.

So how about a compromise?     We'll take the essence Cap at 3 and use a Craft (Genesis) Roll instead.    I like this because, well, I'm going to be taking Craft(Genisis) anyway, and I think it implies more of a biological bent to the spell than a 'I'm going to use the same methods that I'd use to make a lampshade of human flesh to make a child!' approach.   To sweeten the pot, I'll even use the CSS to take Winged Spirit of Swift Transportation, so that the group will have some options to travel and free up the GM's geographic area of play.

Also Emp, I have a very, very important question for you.   Are you Asheron?

Zaer Darkwail

Plot; Why not simply summon Neomah's do all the dirty work for you :P. As they are specifically demons who craft new creatures (but you need some sum of raw healthy flesh from both 'samples'). You can use some healing charms for people whom you take flesh for neomah to work with. Also neomah doubles as demon summoned courtesan if you need same Neomah help with something but they are pretty much 'out of combat' demons.

The only added extra could be that you cross breed two hybrids samples together (example you firstly combine human and wolf, second neomah combines snake and eagle, then you take sample from wolfman and eaglesnake to create wolf+snake+eagle+human hybrid humanoid).

Plot Hooks

This is true, and I may impliment that as well.    It's just that, I can see the Savant being extremely paranoid about Demonic influence.   With Craft Genesis, Summoning of Monsters, and Neomah's, she'll have all her bases covered.     

I should disclose that I plan on taking the quick gestation merit too.   Honestly, half the fun of the character is popping out a kid every week or so.    It's like trailer park-solar.

Zaer Darkwail

Well, so far as I know about Neomah's abilities the children will not have 'demonic influence' in them if the summoner so demands.

But what would be your chars reason to be constantly breeding and doing experiments? To produce perfect 'mortal foot soldiers' to replace DB's in new solar empire?

Plot Hooks

Typing on the phone,  so forgive the grammar.

Actually,  this is where it gets interesting.   She thinks repeating the past would be a mistake and has no desire to see a return of the deliberative.  Instead,  she'll make a stable Scarlett empire that she controls from behind scenes.   They'd continue to hunt celestials that didn't stay out of mortal affairs,  because in her view they'll destroy creation if they attempt to rule it.    Instead,  she'd like for the whole bar of humanity to be raised in order for it to better fend for itself.

She's also got A huge grudge against the UC and is much as an athirst as one can be in this setting.

As an aside, just because there's nothing mentioned about Demonic influence in the Neomah's abilities OOCly doesn't mean that a sorcerer shouldn't have good reason to always be suspicious of their demons IICly.