A Prince's Companions (Fantasy, harem, female characters wanted)

Started by IrishWolf, July 09, 2017, 07:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snake

If there's profit involved, they wouldn't need it. The assassin would've been doing it purely for the profit margin.

IrishWolf

jeflint, I have no problem with that.

Snake, Hmmm, a possibility. Perhaps the money is to be held in trust until the Prince has become King and has sons of his own? A companion is suppose to be a lifelong commitment, so maybe she can retired and enjoy that profit once his line is secure.

jeflint

Jan's General Info, The F-List , On’s & Offs, absenteeism & BB Color Codes

Snake

As long as it's still there. She won't mind; but she'd rather have a bit at a time but not the whole thing. Don't companions get a stipend?

jeflint

Name LLyra Whitebirch

Personality: Servant, Healer, Submissive, Pet

Backstory: LLyra’s story started on a distant and small island that had little contact with the outside world. Her tribe encountered a merchant vessel and unaware of the nature of man welcomed the sailors into their home. This was a bad idea since seeing how the people had no real means of defending themselves they slaughtered the men and took the women and children. LLyra was born on the journey to the new world and as the other children died or were dying she managed to survive. Her mother did not survive the journey. The sailors were left with a hold of pelts and dead creatures. The plan to sell them on market was lost when all of them had died. LLyra alone was the only one to be sold.

She was sold to the guild as at a reasonable price because they had the resources to take care of the young and strange creature. LLyra was brought up as a scullery maid and made to run errands and other demeaning tasks. The young kit never complained and actually did not speak much even when spoken too. Taking a naturally submissive role to those around her even when her role would be higher than those of new slaves she gravitated towards the bottom. Her excellent sense of smell allowed her to begin training in the arts of cooking.

Her training branched out into the arts to heal and she took to this very well. Her large sharp ears able to detect much that was wrong with a person and her sense of smell finding problems with the person in question. It came to the attention of the higher ups that LLyra’s sense of hearing was very sharp and she could pick up conversations that should have been beyond the scope of a normal human to hear. And so covertly she was trained to listen and report to her higher ups on the comings and goings. They attempted to teach her to fight but between hands not made to grasp a weapon, small weak limbs and a pacifistic nature they gave up.

LLyra was trained in her arts and then given to the prince as a gift to handle the needs of his kitchen and assuring he was not poisoned. And because the servants always talked she was told to report directly to her superiors if she heard anything.

Arts Studied: Herbalism, Medicine, Cooking, Stealth, Toxicology

Best Skills: Medicine

Weapon(s): Being a chef and a herbalist LLyra has developed an ability to poison, though she finds it distasteful.

Appearance: LLyra is not human and that can be told by just the simplest of glances. She stands at a petite four feet tall and is covered head to toe in thick brown and white fur. Atop her head are two very large ears that can turn in most any direction. Her back ends in a tail almost as long as she is tall. Her eyes are miss matched with one being blue the other being yellow. She frequently adorns her ears with earings and clips that link them together. She wears the collar of a pet and the bindings of a slave on her wrists and ankles.

sitquietly

Out of curiosity, How many are we planning on having in this little adventure? If that's not too bold to ask.

IrishWolf

Snake, yes and no. While the companions are in the Chapterhouse of the Guild, before they are given to a Prince/young nobleman, no. They get fed, a place to sleep and equipped at the expense of the Guild. Once they are assigned to their charge, they become a part of his household but on a special level, not because its a job. Which not to to say they wont get a stipend, Randolf wont be a skinflint about it but they dont need one, because now the Prince is feeding them, housing them and keeping them clothed, ect.

jeflint, holy crap, thats one hell of a large picture! That said, LLyra Whitebirch looks good.

sitquietly, a good question. I was hoping for five companions, which it might look like we'll get. I don't think I'll take more then six or I think it will start getting clunky

jeflint

Snake

Is there any magical ability allowed or it purely "warrior" Or "thief" ?
'

jeflint

I was wondering that as well but didn't ask because I didn't want to push the I get to play a furry. But LLyra would have totally picked up clerical magic if I could have.

Still... Someone needs to clean up after everyone right?

Snake

But magic could be tough to balance out and keep fair. And would make some of the sisters wildly, wildly powerful so much so that they' dmake the best rulers by sheer force XD

IrishWolf

Magic? I'm going to go with no. As you said, that would really mess with the balance

Snake

Gotcha. Just wanted to be clear since you dont mention it in the world info

IrishWolf

I honestly never thought about.

So, I'm working on the opening but I would like everyone's option on the forum. I was thinking of tossing it in extreme, just because of what could happen to the characters or to characters around them, seeing that the plot revolves around murder and assassinations

jeflint

I very much get a game of thrones vibe from this game so that makes sense to me.

Snake

working on my assassin. I have several actual characters that are. but picking one is tough. There's one who's in it fo rprofit. One that does it cuz it's the family business...

sitquietly

Quote from: IrishWolf on July 16, 2017, 08:10:44 PM
I honestly never thought about.

So, I'm working on the opening but I would like everyone's option on the forum. I was thinking of tossing it in extreme, just because of what could happen to the characters or to characters around them, seeing that the plot revolves around murder and assassinations

I think that sounds proper, might as well go all out yes?

IrishWolf

Okay, with recruitment still open at this point, we now have an IC thread and an OOC thread

Anyone with an approved character, feel free to head on over