News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Return of the Wolf: Game Thread - VAMPIRES WIN!

Started by Galactic Druid, April 06, 2015, 08:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAMF

A mysterious hooded figure in an ochre cloak stepped forward, having remained silent and observant thus far. Their pale hand emerged from the folds to lower the hood, revealing an angular jaw, bald head, and a trio of scars running diagonally from brow to chin. Before speaking, they cast their eye on every person who'd gathered. As they gazed to each, they pondered each one in turn before finally speaking in a measured tone, "I am outvoted from the start, but I must remain true to myself. I vote for Remiel, for I believe someone with experience is needed more than one who spends most of his time out of town."

With that, they stepped back and rejoined the crowd, the sunlight glaring off their scalp.

BAMF votes for Remiel.

»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

Blythe

Blythe the farmer stared in shock.

"Holy crap, how do I have so many votes to be a Sheriff?" he asked.

He made a face that could only be approximated thusly: " O_O "

Galactic Druid

Votes So Far:

Blythe: 10

LunaLilith22: 3

Remi: 2

James M: 1

CeraLilly: 1

Strangefate: 1

Yugi: 1

EmuKat: 1

Yet to vote:

Leorobin

I think it's safe to say we know who the sherif will be, but I'll wait until all votes are in.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Ceralilly

Cera suppressed a giggle as the young man made his request. How easily he pretended they were strangers, and how smoothly he inclined his head towards her as if she might scurry away in fright.

"Why Sir, you startle me at your forwardness. Why, I have only yet to lay eyes on you the very moment and you expect me to let you sleep under the very roof I tuck myself safely in at night...during the...longest...darkest hours..." She batted her eyes in an attempt to play the overly innocent maiden, and then unexpectedly flung herself into her old lovers arms. "Rafiki, it has been so long, I am so glad to see you well after the wolves too your family." She pouted against his chest.

"Come! let us prepare supper and we can discuss the election." She smiled leading her old protector to their new home.
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Galactic Druid

Ceralilly

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on April 10, 2015, 06:19:12 PM
Plot twist!!

Cheshire grin

That's just how this girl rolls.  XD :P :D ;D
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Zelric Miras

My apologies. I had my pc stolen.
I vote for Blythe. Sorry for the ooc.

Ceralilly

Quote from: Leorobin on April 11, 2015, 01:09:44 AM
My apologies. I had my pc stolen.
I vote for Blythe. Sorry for the ooc.

It's allowed as long as we old the votes, and IC related info. :-)

You're all good!

Good luck wit your PC issue..I have so been there. -_-

Galactic Druid

OOC is perfectly fine in the game threads. What's mot important to get those votes in to keep things running smoothly.

That said; votes are in! On a normal round, and if the votes was a bit more split, I'd give a bit of time for everyone to have a chance to change them, but with more than half the players voting for Blythe....

Votes are in!

With overwhelming support from his fellow villagers, Blythe took on the role of town sheriff. A few villagers were surprised by how long swearing in a new sheriff took. By the time everything was set, night was already beginning to fall. Many villagers were quick to hurry to their homes, hopeful that their new sheriff would be able to keep them safe through the night.

Night Phase 1 Begins!

Verasaille

Lady Verasaille hurries into her cottage and locks the door behind her. Just to be on the safe side she hangs a wreath of garlic on the door frame and a sprig of wolf's Bane on the window frame. "They work, don't they?"

Jumping into bed, she pulls the covers over her head and tries to sleep.
I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

AffablyEvil

Evil sighed, looking at the sheriff leaving. As he left she glanced over at him once more and then the others, envying them for being able to go to bed. She had to work the night shift, which meant that now was time for work. Stomping out her cigarette she begun to head to work with hesitant steps.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Lady Lunarius

With a heavy heart Luna dragged herself off to bed. Hoping she'd made the right choice. That they all had. Was Blythe truly to be trusted? The odd woman seemed to think so. Then again....

With doubt and worry heavy on her mind Luna curled up in bed, unsure as to whether she'd sleep this night or not.
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

BAMF

Once everyone began to disperse, BAMF made their way back to the inn, where the light in their window stayed on through the night. Unbeknownst to anyone looking up at the window, BAMF was, in fact, passed out over their work space, lamp cheerfully flickering away.
»O/O’s«»Ideas«»A/A's«
Great things are done
by a series of small things
brought together.

»Vincent Van Gogh«

LunaLilith22

Lilith strode back to the inn, uncertain if her impassioned speech had given the message she had intended. She supposed that Blythe getting elected as the Sheriff was evidence that they hadn't took her call to arms as a ploy for votes but maybe people were just put off by her zeal. In either case she decided that there wasn't much use dwelling on it and she locked herself in her room and retired for the night.

Galactic Druid

As day broke, the villagers left their homes once more to congregate in the village center and decide on a course of action. At least, most of them did. After a quick call, they noticed that two of them were missing, James Moriarty and Lady Lunarius. The search party didn't take long; both of them were found dead in their homes. Even worse, James Moriaty's belongings indicated that he may have been a huge help. He was a Special Villager indeed, or had been, at least. Lady Lunarius had much more common belongings, nothing usual for a Villager. It was a sad day to lose two of their own. Fueled by their desire for justice, a cry for the gallows rang out.

The Second Day Phase has begun!

Just like before, players will be casting votes. This time, however, the 'winner' is headed to the gallows, and will be eliminated from the game. All players are required to vote, though during this day, you can vote for no lynching. As before, please put all your votes in bold. Multiple posts, vote changing, and role playing is welcome as always, though please do not edit your posts. If you want to change your vote, please do so in a new post.

Players

• Remiel
    • Blythe
    • James M
    • Silver
    • Moirae
    • persephone325
    • SunshineSparkle
    • yugi006
    • Leorobin
    • BAMF
    • Verasaille
    • LunaLilith22
    • Madame Professor
    • KatKwik
    • Strangefate
    • Queenie
    • Rafiki23
    • Lady Lunarius
    • EmyKat
    • AffablyEvil
    • Ceralilly

Potential roles remaining.

• 2-3 Werewolf players
    • 2 Vampires
    • The Seer
    • The Bodyguard
    • The Priest
    • The Shaman
    • The Diseased Villager
    • The Lycan
    • 9-10 Villagers
    [/list]

Verasaille

Vera wakes with a start. She had fallen asleep again! She sat up in her bed and smiled. Still alive and kicking! The old crone hobbled to the wardrobe and put on her clothes for the day. A long robe of blue with a belt of purple.

Making tea for herself she peered out the window. "I wonder if there are any more bodies to be found? Maybe the Sheriff managed to keep the bad ones away for once."

After she ate her biscuit and drank her tea, she wandered to the porch and sat down on the rocker. Apparently she was the first to wake up. How many more would show their faces today?
    I have gone off in search of myself. If I should get back before I return, please keep me here.

Rafiki23

Rafiki's eyes lazily blinked open as he heard the morning birds chirping their song. Giving a bit of a stretch and rolling over he wrapped his arm around his beloveds waist and pulled her in close. Kissing her neck and shoulder, whispering sweet nothings into her ear, and caressing the soft skin beneath the blankets. He did this for a while before slipping out of bed, Rafiki headed down the stairs and lit the stove. He placed the frying pan on the now hot plate that covered the open flame in the pot bellied furnace below. Slicing some pork fat into the pan, Rafiki breathed the scent of it in deeply. He then cracked a few eggs into the pan and smiled as they hissed.

"Mmmm this is going to be delicious!" Rafiki claimed excitedly as the eggs sizzled in the pan.

Gathering a few plates and placing them on the kitchen table, along with the silverware and a few cloth napkins. The plates and utensils were seated next to each other, in a fashion so the two of them would be able to look and talk to each other comfortably. Scooping the eggs, and a few other items that he could find,  and placing them on the plate Rafiki sat down patiently as he poured their drinks.

"I hope my timing wasn't too far off..." He said as he waited patiently for his love to descend the stairs.

I Know the Dark Delight of Being Strange, the Penalty of Difference in the Crowd, the Loneliness of Wisdom Among Fools

LunaLilith22

Lilith awoke with a start, quickly searching the room but not finding anything out of place. She rolled out of bed and hastily made herself presentable before rushing to the village square, secretly hoping that her speech had scared off the wolves or that the new sheriff had done his job. She knew that both these hopes were unrealistic and that in all likely-hood there would be more dead found today "Just another day in Miller's Hollow." she grumbled under her breath.

KatKwik

The woman woke early with a feeling of dread about here. This was after all a town where people were killed most every day. She hoped the new Sherriff would be of use to them. She pulled on her coat and headed out into the morning light, hoping it wasn't too early or too late too. Things still seemed peaceful, but she knew better.

Update: Tentatively Posting~Updated A/As: October 2017

persephone325

Persephone woke the next morning to the news of Lady Luna's and James Moriarty's passing. She felt an uneasy feeling rise up in the pit of her stomach, yet she joined the others. With some hesitation, she spoke up.

"I had hoped the night would pass without incident. Though I suppose it was only a matter of time before blood was spilled..." She sighed sadly. "In my opinion, voting someone out blindly might not do us any good. But I'm open to suggestions. I just hope we can figure out who was turned against us."
    This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
    It always ends in a fight.
    You pulled me from the river. Why?
    I don't know.
    "Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Strangefate

Strangefate had risen early that morning to heat the forge, it being his duty now as apprentice blacksmith to handle these things, his mentor having sadly been among the early casualties.  He was still wearing his leather apron, shirtsleeves rolled up past his elbows, when the cry went out that there had been two more ghastly murders.  He did not know Lady Lunarius or James Moriarity but felt a chill at the thought of two more victims being devoured in the night by the monsters that plagued their town. 

Joining the others in the square, he reluctantly voiced his agreement with persephone.  “We must begin to root out these cowards before more of us are picked off, but hanging someone at random is not justice and will only help them weaken us as I see it.  Does anyone have any knowledge that might help?” 
    A/A/Misc
    On/Offs

"Vanitas Vanitatum!  Which of us is happy in this world?  Which of us has his desire?  or, having it, is satisfied?" - George Makepeace Thackeray, Vanity Fair

Remiel

"Until and unless someone comes forward with some information that might help us," Remiel pointed out, "any lynching we do will be random.  On the other hand, becoming mired in indecision will let the wolves and vampires add two more victims to the town morgue.  There are risks associated with either decision--whether to call for a no-vote or to choose someone at random--but I think leaving it to Lady Luck is better than taking no action at all.

The only question is, whom shall it be?"

Verasaille

Vera looks at Remiel with some suspicion, but reluctantly she agrees with him. "We must find out if anyone is acting suspiciously. Blindly hanging anyone without some kind of proof is bad. But we do have to do SOMETHING! Where is the Sheriff? What has he been doing to combat the dangers? I want to see what he has to say!"

Ceralilly

Ceralilly enjoyed the beautiful reprieve from loneliness that night, and had little difficulty sleeping thanks to a rigorous exercise routine the night before thanks to her handsome Rafiki. She had been pleased at the interview with the dutiful Sheriff earlier that morning, and now she listened to the townsfolk as they spoke of the troubles ahead.

"Vera, perhaps he has not made it to you place to question you yet, or perhaps you were out here being ever so dutifully suspicious, he might have seen you weren't home. He is a very hands on Sheriff this one, kind and thorough with his questions and I wasn't scared if him yelling at me or making me more frightened than I was when I woke up to the screams of terror." Ceralilly smiled sweetly and addressed the crowd,

"I very much avoid public speaking, because I generally am content to watch and be patient for those who are more learned to make a path for the rest of us, but I find that Sheriff  Blythe has inspired me. In the classic sense, the one with the loudest dispute, is often the one with most to hide. Therefore, who among us has been pointing fingers the most? Who has been pushing us to avoid strong leadership? Who has been negative and surly from the start? I think these are good points to keep in mind. As we decide whether or not to risk killing an innocent. I also think that we should pay close attention to the clues that each person has trailing them...The Shaman stated she was such, though this could all be a rouse to distract us,"  She placed a soft hand on her chest to calm her nervousness, "What I am saying is not that she is a danger, but that we are all a danger to those who do not know us, and thusly have an advantage at least during the day, let us use this advantage to prod further! We should be investigating the items left in James' room...not trying to hang each other without proper clues. Until we have more come forward with information, I vote to abstain from lynching. Of course this is temporary, but I need more when a life is at stake." Ceralilly shot nervous eyes around the crowd, and mumbled a thank you as she made her way towards James' room.

Blythe

Blythe says, "I have made some enquiries as the Sheriff. I discovered no concrete evidence. I don't have anyone that I feel for sure is guilty, but at the same time, with two deaths out and with both Werewolves and Vampires in the village.... The odds are not in our favor for being able to get a Wolf or Vampire if we choose to lynch--there are 2-3 Werewolves and 2 Vampires. Assuming we were lucky and the Wolf Man died last night at the hands of the Vampires (which might be foolish to assume; we are hard up on luck these days with the murder of Sir Moriarty and Lady Lunarius), then that's about a 4/19 chance we'll be able to lynch a Werewolf. Those are not good odds, especially when I have no strong information. I vote for not lynching during this round."