Any Wow-Heads out there?

Started by Anony Mouse, June 14, 2010, 12:09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurzyk

Quote from: Josietta on October 17, 2010, 01:23:05 AM
In my opinion, its not really about the content (while the content is nice and i've only been playing in total about 6 mths), I think its more about the company you keep as you play than what you are actually playing.. I have more fun playing with people I know in a game that the content could mean less than playing in a game where everything is new and shiny and I know not a single person.

This is true. Everyone I know left which definetly affects it. But its more a malaise with MMOs in general. WoW is the best MMO in my opinion, hands down. But after playing them for 10 years, WoW and UO before that, i'm tired of them. heh

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kurzyk on October 17, 2010, 07:05:39 AM
This is true. Everyone I know left which definetly affects it. But its more a malaise with MMOs in general. WoW is the best MMO in my opinion, hands down. But after playing them for 10 years, WoW and UO before that, i'm tired of them. heh

Ten years is a lot of time indeed. I am on 5th or is this 6th year in WoW? Anycase I may swap over to Knights of Old Republic depending how good it comes to be when it's published.

TheGlyphstone

There just isn't another MMO IP that I'm interested in enough to leave WoW. Cataclysm is looking to be awesome, both with the new content and the revamping of old content, but I've never been a big enough Star Trek/Star Wars (even KOTOR, sadly) fan to really give them a consideration. And of all the various fantasy MMO's, they're all just pale shadows of what Blizzard has built up.

Wolfy

I was going to join FFXIV...but I keep hearing it's plagued with bugs and such, so I think I'll just wait for the PS3 release when said bugs will most likely be worked out...or at least I'll wait for the next content update.

And SWTOR looks interesting enough to take a look at...coming out next year, too. o3o

Zaer Darkwail

Coming out next year yeah. It coordination between EA Sports, LucasArts and Bioware. Full voice acted MMO and that your decisions influence how your companions react to you (yes, you get npc minions which you can take along to guests).

TheGlyphstone

Let's just pray that it's better than SW: Galaxies.

Zaer Darkwail

Hope same, altough never palyed SW; Galaxies.

Kurzyk

Eve online has spectacular graphics and I liked how the whole of the MMO is on one server. Always bothered me that WoW has multiple servers because I keep running into friends that invite me to their server and now I have about 20 un-developed characters on 7 different servers. heh

Fun thing about Ultima Online was the ability to design a house and even have NPC vendors to sell wares. Crappy game mechanic though, and very old. Not worth playing anymore. Game pretty much died when they created Trammel.

Wyrd

Guild Wars 2 is looking like a pretty awesome game. By what I'v seen on it in PC Gamer it looks like the game that blows WoW right out of the water. I'm very excited for this
Ragtime Dandies!

TheGlyphstone

Guild Wars isn't really an MMO though. It's a single-player game with really, really awesome integrated co-op mode. ;)

Wyrd

And maybe thats way it looks so great
Ragtime Dandies!

TheGlyphstone

Quite possibly. There's tons of single-player games that have passed WoW by in leaps and bounds - it's only the 900-pound gorilla of the MMO market, not the entire gaming market.

Aiden

TheGlyphstone

yeah, just saw it. Great, but it feels like a letdown for some reason. I think I was just expecting Deathwing to be even bigger than he is there, he doesn't look that much bigger than Nefarian or Alexstraza.

Saerrael

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 17, 2010, 04:54:27 PM
yeah, just saw it. Great, but it feels like a letdown for some reason. I think I was just expecting Deathwing to be even bigger than he is there, he doesn't look that much bigger than Nefarian or Alexstraza.

I had the same when I saw that. I'm not impressed by the cinematic.
It's a bit.. ehm.. dull? Flat? I don't know.

In other news, I just got the HH reigns. 95/100 Mountain of Mounts.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on October 17, 2010, 11:04:22 AM
Let's just pray that it's better than SW: Galaxies.

SW: Galaxies was good for a time...they ruined it with one of the expansions, though.

I hope that it's as immersive as SW Galaxies...Cantinas to hang out in, able to build your own merchant empire, or able to build your own Cantina/House/whatever you'd like on the various worlds.

That would be awesome. Oh, and more ships outside the freeby you get for your class! D:

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 17, 2010, 07:19:58 PM
SW: Galaxies was good for a time...they ruined it with one of the expansions, though.

I hope that it's as immersive as SW Galaxies...Cantinas to hang out in, able to build your own merchant empire, or able to build your own Cantina/House/whatever you'd like on the various worlds.

That would be awesome. Oh, and more ships outside the freeby you get for your class! D:

It was okay..till the combat optimization 'upgrade' came out and to go 10 miles outside a city to get to your harvesters you had to hire nearly an army.

Callie Del Noire

Looked over the new racial intros. Seems that with the departure of Thrall, Hellscream is looking to piss off everyone. I mean he KILLED the Tauren leader. Interesting times ahead.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 17, 2010, 10:25:29 PM
Looked over the new racial intros. Seems that with the departure of Thrall, Hellscream is looking to piss off everyone. I mean he KILLED the Tauren leader. Interesting times ahead.

Everyone hates Garrosh. It doesn't matter what faction you play, we can all unite together in our despising and loathing of Garrosh Toolscream.

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 17, 2010, 10:25:29 PM

While the Alliance is Sunshine and Rainbows. :D

Anyway....Hallows End starts tomorrow...wouldn't it be neat for blizzard to give us an item that lets us disguise ourselves as a Goblin or Worgen? :P Just for fun?

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 17, 2010, 10:38:07 PM
While the Alliance is Sunshine and Rainbows. :D

Anyway....Hallows End starts tomorrow...wouldn't it be neat for blizzard to give us an item that lets us disguise ourselves as a Goblin or Worgen? :P Just for fun?

Nah..the new Alliance Tools are the Dwarves with the dark iron empress.

Meanwhile ...

Cataclysm Beta - The Day Deathwing Came COMPLETE

Wolfy

So..the Dwarves are our orcs?..O_o....Hmm...

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Wolfy on October 17, 2010, 10:43:40 PM
So..the Dwarves are our orcs?..O_o....Hmm...

Mauridin is gone. (turned to Iron) and his daughter came in (with her dark iron son) demanding the throne. She wound up as part of a triumvarate. Mauradin's brother, and the Wild Hammers send their leader to form a council. It's very rocky.

Callie Del Noire

Cataclysm Beta - Starting Zone Compendium (all old races)

Not EVERYTHING he says is correct on beta now (gnomes have their own zone)

Wolfy

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 17, 2010, 11:24:06 PM
Mauridin is gone. (turned to Iron) and his daughter came in (with her dark iron son) demanding the throne. She wound up as part of a triumvarate. Mauradin's brother, and the Wild Hammers send their leader to form a council. It's very rocky.

.....You should be stricken down for that pun...>_O It hurt. It hurt like a blade.