Guess That Movie

Started by Nothing, June 26, 2006, 07:08:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Bliss

Got it in one! ^_^
Your turn, Ruby!
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Bliss

(Didn't you just START another thread with that same quote?)
O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

RubySlippers

I don't want to be that cruel something more contemporary would be better I can toss out obscure movie quotes later maybe.

Its still not recent but is modern.

"I love your sex. I love your wisdom and... the way you say switcheroo. I love that sadness that you get in your eyes sometimes. And other stuff."

The other quote had the name of a main character so couldn't use it but this is a great line. I don't want it to be too easy. The film was made under twenty five years ago so in contemporary as far as I'm concerned just not that recent.
;D

RubySlippers

HINT ANOTHER QUOTE FROM THE SAME MOVIE:

(main character name hidden), I'd love to see you in the moonlight with your head thrown back and your body on fire.

RubySlippers

ANOTHER TWO HINTS:

This film was made in Canada and was originally rated NC-17 due to its graphic lesbian and other sex scenes by the United States.

One main female character was a professor at a Christian College and very conservative.

Slym

When Night Is Falling?

Saw that one about a year ago. Kinda odd.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

RubySlippers

Thats it. And its not that odd compared to say that horrible gay film Go Fish.

Your turn.

Slym

"So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. **** says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

****-represents a character's name, I blanked it out cause it might give it away

Maeven

What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Slym

Maeven

Quote from: Maeven on August 25, 2008, 11:28:58 PM
American History X?

I loved that movie-- own it actually (on VHS! hah!). 

An easy one:

"It would take more than the words than a drunken adolescent girl to rob me of my desire for you."

The Cardinal Rule

RubySlippers

300!

I love that movie I just wish the Spartan women ran around in their traditional clothing- usually none or a little tunic with a breast showing. ~sigh~

Lilias

Sorry for any bubble-bursting, but only unmarried girls wore such tunics. I loved that film, but a lot of the costuming made the historian in me cringe.

An easy one, because it has been a rough day:

"If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit."
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

MusicNeverDies

Sounds like Back To the Future..?

Lilias

~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Mar 30) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

MusicNeverDies

Oh-dang. Okay. Think think think.

"I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you'll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me."

Lilias

The Shawshank Redemption - top film!

Let's up the ante a little...

"The two of you showed such promise, but we had to see you in action. And most impressive you've been. You're like brother and sister. Heightened speed, strength, agility, the same killer instincts. Parallel strands of research. And now... we discover which is superior."
~Wendell Berry

Inkidu

Oh God Resident Evil: Apocalypse. The games have much better story lines.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Maeven

Revival of the thread is in order...

"Well, I'm the guy that tells you there are guys you can hit and there's guys you can't. Now, that's not quite a guy you can't hit, but it's almost a guy you can't hit. So I'm gonna make a fuckin' ruling on this right now. You don't fuckin' hit him. You understand?"

The Cardinal Rule

AcidCrayfish

easy one, The Departed haha

"King Kong ain't got shit on me!"

Caustic

Training Day.

"Saving someone's life is like falling in love. The best drug in the world. For days, sometimes weeks afterwards, you walk the streets, making infinite whatever you see. Once, for a few weeks, I couldn't feel the earth - everything I touched became lighter. Horns played in my shoes. Flowers fell from my pockets. You wonder if you've become immortal, as if you've saved your own life as well. God has passed through you. Why deny it, that for a moment there - why deny that for a moment there, God was you?"
Stories are for those late hours in the night when you can't remember how you got from where you were to where you are. Stories are for eternity, when memory is erased, when there is nothing to remember but the story. -Tim O'Brien

Lilias

Bringing Out the Dead.

"Marriage is the promise of eternal love. As a man of honor I cannot promise eternally what I've never felt momentarily."
~Wendell Berry

brazenvamp

I'm told thats "Kate and Leopold"?  but i confess my friend told me so!!
The elephant is a dainty bird, it flits from bow to bow.  It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree and whistles like a cow..*grins* ~spike Milligan~

brazenvamp

hmmm I just discovered that my movie quote seemd to have fallen of the end. 

Oh well. an easy one..."He's not the messiah...He's a very naughty boy"

*grins*
The elephant is a dainty bird, it flits from bow to bow.  It makes its nest in a rhubarb tree and whistles like a cow..*grins* ~spike Milligan~