D-day [Small Group (4 max), Post-Apoc, Poly]

Started by Kokaine, January 20, 2018, 12:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kokaine

So I have the very bare bones of an idea here and I am looking for 2-3 people to help me flesh it out. More of a cooperative storytelling experience than a GM led thing.

The apocalypse happened. Sort of. It wasn't so much a biblical event as it was... well, no one is actually sure what set it off. Scientists didn't predict or foresee it. The various holy men of the world never even knew what hit them. Conspiracy theorists had a field day with it of course. Well, those that survived anyway. What we do know is this--it came in three waves. The first shook the very foundations of the world and plunged us into chaos. That we ultimately, more than anything else that happened, set ourselves up for the fall to come is a lesson still taught to us this day. Man against man, brother against brother, it was a global mess of senseless war and violence. All while the Earth beneath our feet wept.

After that the second wave was inevitable. Extinction. Numerous species, plant and animal alike, died out or mutated into the unthinkable. Humans were no exception. We escaped total extinction (in most respects), but the 10% of the population that was left were those that were extraordinary in some way... and those that mutated completely. The mutates aren't all one way or another, they very greatly and some look no different than the rest of us while others more closely represent the beasts. Still, different is different and it seemed humanity didn't learn its lesson the first time. Over a hundred years later and we're still repeating the same mistakes.

What was left of the Earth was reclaimed by the new and improved version Mother Nature. If folks had thought she was vicious before, she was a downright nightmare now. Humans are the minority and to survive they are forced to huddle together in safe zones. There are four in North America--more in other continents but I've never seen them and communication is slow if it comes at all. There used to be five but... well, yesterday the walls fell and no one saw it coming.

Alpha, Delta, Kappa, Sigma, Omega. The oldest and strongest zones and now Delta has fallen. Its destroyed. Those of us that survived are scrambling to get to the Alpha zone (the first, the largest, with strict rules but open to all who seek refuge provided they follow those rules) but it lies on the western coast and Delta was in the south of what used to be the United states. Omega lies to the north in the cold climates (Canada) underground, Sigma to the far south (Mexico), and the location of Kappa is a closely guarded secret. We know it exists due to the transmissions that come sporadically, but as the most advanced of us all their ability to hide themselves has outpaced the rest of us and they apparently aren't inclined to share. Either way, none of our options is close and only Alpha is guaranteed to take us in. Well... if we make it that is.

So yes, a post-apocalyptic survival story featuring whatever craziness we can think up. I'm thinking this world is an odd mix of new tech and low tech but that is of course up for discussion. 3 to 4 individuals who survive the fall of their safe zone and need to scramble to get to another or find a way to survive. Other survivors might be around and yes there could be smaller settlements in random places or other groups they come across plus ruins, dangers, mutates, and all sorts of stuff. The characters should have skills that help them survive, they aren't starting from absolute softies but neither were they expecting what happened either.

I do want romance and smut in the mix too. Not gonna bother with percentages as I'm cool with going where the story takes us.

Do note that this game will likely be in the extreme section to cover violence and gore as I'd like some action in the mix.

Characters could potentially be mutates so long as they are humanoid in appearance.

What I am looking for:
~2-3 others willing to help flesh out the world. I am not looking to have to detail everything myself or play GM.
~Bisexual characters please (pan/omnisexual works too) totally hetero or homo will not work as I am looking ideally for a poly group. Not swingers or two couples who sometimes switch, not one person with three partners, but an actual poly group where they all are involved. That doesn't mean everyone has to fall in love with everyone all the same, there is room for different dynamics between individuals. (F/M/M, F/M/F/M, F/M/M/M)
~Characters aged 22-40
-Players who can deal with a relaxed pace (one post a week minimum is the goal, more if possible, but I cannot guarantee daily posting and I don't want poking or guilt trips or people trying to skip others).

Feel free to express interest here or ask questions. Its not first come first served but rather I will choose individuals I feel might mesh well together.
I will not require images for face claims, they can help but if you can adequately describe your character that is good enough for me. If you do use an image,
no anime or overly cartoony/disproportionate pics, please. I will be playing a female character.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Kokaine

I'm still interested in doing something with this if there are any takers.
Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

My O/Os

Envious

I think it sounds fun and I'd be interested in playing a female character.

Jinx

This looks like it could be fun! Are you planning for the group to all know each other and be involved from the start, or that they are thrown together in the collapse of their safe zone, and that their dynamic grows from that?

It sounds like the safe zones are almost like cities that were able to stave off the worst of the apocalypse, or were built by large survivor groups in advantageous areas.

How long have the safe zones been in place before the fall of delta?

Naming them as they are, it seems as if they are at least loosely or were initially governed by an overarching system. Is that the case or were they constructed organically and have their own internal structures that are totally independent from each other?

I'd like to play a male who for the most part looks normal but has a chameleon like mutation that allows him to blend in with his surroundings.

Kokaine

Quote from: Envious on February 16, 2018, 06:24:12 PM
I think it sounds fun and I'd be interested in playing a female character.

Any ideas what sort of character you'd go for?

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 16, 2018, 06:52:11 PM
Sounds tempting Koka. :)

Heya Curvy :)

Let me know if the temptation becomes too much to resist ;)

Quote from: Jinx on February 17, 2018, 09:58:44 AM
This looks like it could be fun! Are you planning for the group to all know each other and be involved from the start, or that they are thrown together in the collapse of their safe zone, and that their dynamic grows from that?

It sounds like the safe zones are almost like cities that were able to stave off the worst of the apocalypse, or were built by large survivor groups in advantageous areas.

How long have the safe zones been in place before the fall of delta?

Naming them as they are, it seems as if they are at least loosely or were initially governed by an overarching system. Is that the case or were they constructed organically and have their own internal structures that are totally independent from each other?

I'd like to play a male who for the most part looks normal but has a chameleon like mutation that allows him to blend in with his surroundings.

Could be a mix. I'm not going to dictate other's characters but starting off from 'hi, my name is' can be a little taxing. It would be better if they all at least were familiar.

As for the zones, they were built. Could be built on existing infrastructure after the fact and then further modified or it could be more random, or even a mix. I'm looking to have co-writers willing to help fill in the bits and pieces so I purposefully did not lay everything out. The timeline I was imagining was 100 to 150 years after things went to hell, but really that's not set in stone.

The names were a matter of convenience. They are what my character (and likely the others from Delta) would knows them as but it could be entirely possible that each has its own name used by those who live there. An overarching system would be difficult. Each safe zone is entirely independent and communicates more for 'in case of emergency' or just to know they aren't the only ones left.

Chameleon mutation would be fine with me.

My O/Os

Exaelitus

I am interested, if there is room available.
I would like to play a female character, but I can write a male one if needed.

Juggtacular

I'd be down for making a go at this. A male mutate with enhanced senses and strength like a big cat. He'd be a guard, or some part of the militia/military/etc... whatever goes for the law within the zone.

Kokaine

Since there seems to be interest I am gonna do a write up for my character and then thise that are truly interested can likewise do a write up of their characters so we can get rolling on planning. Ideally I will take on 1 female and 2 males to go along with my female. I miiiiight be inclined to take on a fifth if someone is truly interested but I doubt it will come to that.

My O/Os

CurvyKitten

Well I'm game if I get appoved by the lovely Koka :) WIP obviously, I figued I'd wok on the backgound once I saw yours and had a bette feel fo things. :) And edit whatever you add or subtract to the sheet itself. :)

WIP Roxy

Hello, I'm...

Character's Name: Roxanne (Roxy) Berkly
Sexuality: bi
Occupation within Delta? Medic emergancy response type
Height: 5' 6"
Physical Description:
Roxy stands at 5'6'' tall with dark hair and hazel eyes, she has a feminine yet athletic build from years of training. Two small scars on her right hip, one on the front and one on the back suggesting she was once impaled by something.

Personality
Dependable: Roxy has always been one that you could count on. If she made a promise she kept it, and if she said she'd be there she was. No matter what the world throws at her and those she cares about Roxy is one to stand strong during the storm and do her best to have your back.

Passionate/Uninhibited: Life is short and spending it dull and numb to what was around you seemed pointless. Things were bad yes, but that didn't mean you couldn't enjoy the world around you. So Roxy takes life by the horns and lets her passion embrace what comes, drinking her fill, eating her favorite foods and loving like it would or could be her last chance to do so.

Adventurous: Roxy was never one to back down from a challenge or something new. Part of that was due to her lust for life and what came naturally to her as a cheetah. Looking for the next rush she doesn't run from a chance excitement if she can help it.

Inpatient: If there was one thing someone learned quickly about Roxy it would be this. She isn't one to sit ideally as things go down, hates being cooped up and hates having to wait for what she wants most. She tries to fight this nagging trait as it isn't the most endearing, but every once and a while it still peeks through.

Impulsive: Quick to action, it was always easy for Roxy to get up and get going. Boots to turf her mother always said before a run with the fire department. Does she always think before she acts....no. Thankfully her parents instilled her with enough knowledge, skill and common sense to pull her ass out of most any situation. Well at least thus far it had.

Outspoken:  Blunt, to the point, honest, yeah that's Roxy. If she doesn't like you, you'll find out real quick. If she believes something is wrong she speaks her mind. And if Roxy wants something she admits it, no shame in hiding those sorts of things after all. Her feelings may be her own most of the time, but it’s never hard to find out what she thinks about a situation.

Background

O/O's: my O/O's

Ons: touching, foreplay, teasing, kissing, biting, exhibition, spontaneity, passion, Sometimes rough and heated, sometimes passionate and slow, bondage, living in the moment...and so much more :P

Offs: excessive pain, being caged or restrained, bathroom play, vore, gore,
Face Claim: Marie Avgeropoulos

Kokaine

Finally settled on some details so my character WIP will be up later tonight.

Roxy looks good Curvy and yeah, I figure there will be some editing and building off one another so no worries.

My O/Os

Jinx

Great. I'm hoping to get a draft together tomorrow sometime.

Juggtacular

Jinx

Okay, here is something to start with for me. Happy to make any updates to fit better within the story.

WIP Peter

Name: Peter Samson
Sexuality: Bisexual
Duties: Scavenging / Scout
Height: 6'2"
Physical Appearance: Peter has had lifelong heterochromia. His left eye is green, while the right is a light blue. He is tall and slender, but strong. His skin is extremely pale in general, but his mutation allows him to change colors based on his surroundings or (less controllably) intense emotion. A shock of short reddish blonde hair sits atop his head.

Background:
Peter was found by a scavenging party from Delta as a baby. He was the only survivor of a small band that was ambushed and mauled by mutant predators. It seemed that the only reason for his survival was his innate ability to blend in with the environment.

As a child, he was scrawny and often picked on by the bigger kids in the community. With no formal childcare system, residents of Delta volunteered to take in children that were found outside the walls. His adoptive parents, Jim and Jolee Samson raised him with their two boys, and he had a good upbringing considering the circumstances. Still he had a hard time fitting in. His older brothers treated him like the runt of the litter for most of his young life. Jolee had a soft spot for him, and Jim was hard on him. Not abusive, he just felt it was his duty to toughen him up to face the real world.

Peter took to the more technical trades that helped Delta run. He was adept at scavenging, and would often go beyond the walls alone and either unarmed or very lightly armed. Many thought he was crazy, and expected him to succumb to the dangers beyond the wall. But he always returned unscathed. Often with some new find to share.

Within the walls, he discovered a knack for fixing things, and even fabricating things using basic techniques. He maintained the precious generators, and constructed items from wood, metal, even bone. He also developed a limited working knowledge of electronics and was able to fix and maintain radios and other devices when the right resources were available, or improvise if not.

His brothers were outstanding physical specimens. Even though they treated him like a bit of an outsider he still loved them. They were quickly recruited into the Delta zone's security force. After a few weeks of training they were sent on their first patrol. A routine perimeter check. It should have been easy, but they were ambushed by marauders. They were both killed within minutes of each other. This tragedy occured when Peter was 14 and it scarred him terribly, and his parents.

Personality:
Peter is generally a quiet and reserved member of the community. He loves his tribe, but never seeks the limelight, nor does he get into heated arguments except on very rare occasions, and even then it is by necessity only. He wants to do good in the world, and help his community to thrive.

He is bisexual, but he seeks different things from men and women. In men, he seeks the approval that he never really got from his brothers or his father. Due to this, he tends to be more submissive, maybe even risky. He will endure for them in that search for approval. With women, he seeks passion, yes, but comfort from the harsh world. He is sensitive and sweet and relishes the scant moments of quiet and connectedness.

Face Claim: Paul Bettany