Hunters In The Darkness (interest thread)

Started by azzmeister89, October 19, 2014, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azzmeister89

Ok so this is a modern world setting game with one small difference. Remember all the scary creatures you were told were nothing more then stories? Like Vampires, werewolves and Banshee's? Well they are real.

There exists a secret order, a global organisation who's job is to defend humanity against the very beasts who stalk them.

Your characters will be members of that organisation, each of you will be able to have speciialized weapons and tools making them all unique hunters.

The various monsters will have a multitude of strengths and weaknesses that the hunters will be required to use against them, different armaments will mean some hunters are better against certain beasts then others.

The monsters you will be able to encounter are.

Vampires
Werewolves
Banshees
Witches/warlocks
Ghosts
Zombies (sort of)

I'll post more details on how the game will work once some interest has been gathered but until then. Who wants to go hunting?

wander

Tentative interest placed... I did love me some Hunter:The Vigil.

hughman

Rushedpistol

This sounds like a fun idea. Do we send you the character profile via PM or wait until the character thread shows up?
In the melody you casually perform with your fingers,
A certain pattern may be discerned from the start.

azzmeister89

I'll write up a character sheet when i get more information put out and then if you could send the profiles to me via pm for a quick look over that would be great.

Glad to see this is getting some interest.

azzmeister89

Ok so i'm going to in depth with some information reguarding some of the little beasties you will come against and then give some information as to how the game will work.

The list will go from the easiest to kill to the hardest.

Zombies: these are simply the reanimated corpses of the dearly departed, as such they are slow, stupid and not much of a threat to a hunter. Zombies can only be created via a warlock or witch who practises necromancy and can only function if the creator is at a close proximity (500 meaters or less) they can only be killed by chopping off the head or by fire although removing the creator also works or because the corps is still rotting, time can also despatch them.

Witches and Warlocks: as they are human they have the most variaty of weaknesses and can be killed in all the ways a normal person can, however they have three types of magics to practise making killing them a pain as you never know what type they use. Necromancy allows them to create zombies to do their bidding. Esper is the type that gives them powers like Telikinises and levitation and Giaia allows them to have manipulation over one of the four natural elements of fire, water, earth and air.

Ghosts: Although they are not always evil with intent to harm, Ghosts are tough to beat. Physical weapons can not harm them so only two ways to beat them exist. First is an exorsists use of hyms from the bible the second is to destroy the body from when it lived however ghosts will defend that body viciously even if the ghost is a passive one.

Banshee: how banshee's are created is still unknown although that they are all women is fact. They are despite their ranking in the orders danger charts, very easy to kill... Providing you can get close enough, like most creatures they can be killed in many ways however the cry of a banshee is strong enough to kill at most ranges making it almost impossible to kill one if they know your there.

Werewolves: these creatures are more victim then monster, the bite is a infection and it has four outcomes. Like with most large predetors, the bite of a werewolf can kill simply by being deep enough, blood loss or just in the right place, however if the bite doesnt kill you, three fates await. With every full moon, or just an overwhealming large amount of blood, the change into a mindless beast occurs and an inner battlee insues, the wolf has three options, if the change runs out without blood shed then the wolf remains as strong as it was, waiting for the next time. If you can force it back inside you with will before you loose the scent of the blood or the moon is no longer in the sky then the wolf grows weaker until eventually it is dead and they become human again however the wolf gets stronger every time it feeds on human blood and flesh until the human no longer exists and the beast roams free. Wolves can be killed with silver, fire and removing its head, heart or spine. All other injuries will undoubtably heal in time.

Vampires: strong, fast and inteligent. The order is more happy then you know that Vampires are rare indeed. Vampire venom is potent enough that it kills over 90 percent of people who are bitten and not drained of blood making vampire attacks very rare and any hunter who finds and kills one, very famous.
Over time a vampires skin will become grey and leathery, his ears more elf like, eyes will turn red and fangs will grow. Sunlight does not kill them but weakens them and only weapons blessed in holy water can kill them. It is said that every time they feed a vampire grows stronger and that given enough time they may even grow wings. No hunter has ever met a vampire that old however the stories of such a powerful creature haunts the thoughts of any who have fought a vampire.

Ok so thats the basic information. If there are any creatures you want involved let me know and i'll add them in if i can.

How this game will work will be simple.

There will be four in character threads
The organizations headquaters
The wilds (where you will do your hunting)
Private affairs
The bounty board (bounties on monsters to hunt will be posted here so that missions can be accepted in parties or solo quests)

So now for character sheets

Name:
Appearence: (picture with any other info written)
Weapons/tools: (four weapons max, four tools)
History: (make sure to include reason for becoming a hunter)
Ons and offs:
Anything else:

wander

Nowherewoman

My standard question:  Are you planning to do this as a ruleset game, or a sandbox possibly with die rolls, or what? Tentatively interested.
Instead of obsessing on the person you want to be, focus on who you DON'T want to be. It's much easier to not do certain things than to break your head on some ideal of yourself.

When the dust settles, you may find out you've become who you were supposed to be all along.

more me here now!  (O/Os, ideas and junk): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215830.0

and mea culpas  (A/As): https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=221151.0

azzmeister89

The game will be sandbox for the most part, i'll add some story prompts every now and then and there will be a few rules but thats it.

Rules will be:
1. Only one quest per player at a time
2. If hunters are going to fight please talk over the winner before hand
3. Unless your quest is the most friendly ghost of all time, your going to get injuries so please no over powered characters who seem to come back perfectly fine each time. You dont need to get turned if against a werewolf or vampire but you will need some injuries.

Other then that its all freeform

Juggtacular

Can Hunters also be of the races that are being hunted? Like can a Hunter be a Warlock or a Werewolf...errrr Vampire because a werewolf would be a danger to everyone.

azzmeister89

Personal I would prefer they are all human but they could be bitten later if people want that kind of story. I also have no problem with character gers wanting to learn magic although it would need to be in secret.

Ixy

It appears this thread got a little quiet-- is interest still out there?  I'm curious about what kind of post length, detail, and content you'd like to include.

Kdyami

Id be interested in seeing it take off. Count me in.
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP

azzmeister89

This is indeed still active,  I have been waiting for people to post characters to me so that I can get the game started

Kdyami

Ooohh sweet. Give me a day ill see what i can do :p
Hey all I'm property of the U.S government and as such I may randomly disappear for a day or two.  I apologize in advance but I'll get back to you ASAP