DnD 3.5 Thayan Campaign Wanted Small Group GM/Players Interest Check

Started by RubySlippers, July 30, 2014, 11:51:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

I am fine with idea that my char got to know her through one orgies she ran  ;D

Then over time she met Rhaza's sister and builded friendship, as after all we were apprentices and we likely got send to errand or two and she tagged along as a ally (and found it exciting). Now we are point where both Rhaza and his sister are walking on shallow waters in thayan politics (wet to them since entering apprenticeship).

Kunoichi

Looks like that's all worked out, then. ^^ Now to just figure out where Ironwolf's Mind Flayer comes in...

Warlock

Since it's easy to forget keep in mind that we're using the Pathfinder consolidated skill system. Spot and Listen become Perception, etc. Feats are also gained every uneven level instead of normal 3.5 progression.  ^^

Quote from: Kunoichi on August 10, 2014, 01:06:52 AM
Looks like that's all worked out, then. ^^ Now to just figure out where Ironwolf's Mind Flayer comes in...

Culinary connoisseur that have traveled far and wide in search of tasty brains, it's only natural then that she would settle herself in Thay.

Snake

Re Z L

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 10, 2014, 12:34:02 AM
My character is a government servant, she puts Thay first, since power mongering among Red Wizards is political she has no issue with her brothers plans. And she would not mind seeing the Psion take over as Tharchion of the tharch they are in. If more stable than the one they have since that would be better for Thay.

I am looking for a spouse Nephis would be suitable, and there is no shame marrying a government official its stable work and respectable.

Put it this way though she is likely the one Thayan you don't have to worry about.  ;D

They could have been introduced by her brother and gotten married after that  ;D  She can keep some of her believers at the farm as well to be in charge of the farming (She has 15 level 1 and 1 level 2 believers)
A&A

Kunoichi

I wonder what they'd think about two women getting married to one another in Thay?  It doesn't exactly seem like the sort of place that would be very progressive on most issues. :P

Then again, I suppose if the marriage gets the Red Wizard involved enough nice political and social connections...

RubySlippers

She is an Advocate of Law, she will make it legal. anyway its not likely a matter to the government that poses a threat to it.

Rune

I have been away from Elliquiy for a long time and only just saw this Game advertisement. I wish I had seen it earlier. I have a Red Wizard character that was cursed by his rivals and is now trapped in the body of a slave girl. No longer able to access his powerful magic, he (now she) has to learn the more subtle use of bardic magic and seduction. I understand if you game is full. But if there is ever an opening and this plot line sounds interesting, please let me know.

Snake

I have a build for a Feral Wild Elf Thayan Gladiator. would that work?  (Feral is a +1 LA, but gives a slew of good abilities)

Warlock

I'll keep things brief since I hate phones. I'm going to set up the OOC thread tomorrow, so you can post characters there and have some pregame discussion and the IC thread will be added later as characters get completed. This will be in the NC small group system: Exotic.

@Rune: 7 is managable for me, so since you had something in mind already you can get cracking on character.

@Snake: Not familiar with Feral, so I'll defer to Zaer on this and not allow it, or at least advise against it.

Snake

Broken how?

Abilities: +4 Str, –2 Dex, +2 Con, –4 Int (minimum 2), +2 Wis. (that for a wild elf is a total of -6 Int, no Dex bonus totally invalidating the base race stat bonuses)

Sure you get +10 spd, +6 Natural armor, claws that deal 1d8+str damage, imnproved grab, Pounce, Darkvision 60' and Fast Healing 3....

But notice what else I dropped on there to for the RP aspect: Thayan Gladiator: meaning answerable to SOMEONE in power.

Kunoichi

I'm pretty sure the HD-related abilities on the Feral template are only for racial HD, not HD from your class, actually. ^^; So, no Pounce and Fast Healing is only at 2.  It's a powerful template for melee characters, and probably quite fitting for a Thayan Gladiator, but I don't think it would really be all that overpowered.  Very strong for LA +1, but not overpowered.

Snake

Kunoichi: the templates makes you "monstrous" humanoid, thus all of your class HD technically becomes "monster" hd I believe. Besides what good is a template with extra HD based abilties if you never get them?

*Points to half-anything as example*  Feral never specifies racial HD. Just "monster" HD which you are by taking teh template. Might be a good idea to consult RAW on it though

RubySlippers

A suggestion since you must have a natural weapon why not a humanoid race, like a LE Lizardman raised in Thay that would turn any Lizardman evil. Take Lizard Man/a Combat Class to get to the+5 Attack/Thayan Gladiator.

And it has a natural armor boost etc.

Re Z L

Feral is very strong, I wouldn't say broken necessarily, but it's an amazingly good deal for +1 LA, and even if it were a +2 LA it'd be great.

Warshaper is another way you could go to get to Thayan Gladiator as well, I was looking at a handful of options when building my Thrall, though I was thinking maybe just straight Warblade for simplicity since I don't want to try and play two characters at once overmuch...

If you want you could play my Thrall  ;D  though you'd be level 7 instead of 8 like the rest of us.

And as a side note, changed Nephis's alignment to LE so that she'd fit better with the lawyer  ;)
A&A

Zaer Darkwail

For +1 LA you get natural attack, +6 natural armor, fast heal 2, +10'ft movement and +4 to Str and +2 to Con&Wis (which some are countered by penalties you get). The -6 int penalty is heavy, but the trait of the PrC should not influence you get very powerful template (more so as GM can use it against us and I prefer not face feral creatures of anykind in our CR level).

I agree with Kunoichi that the extra features are related to monster HD like bugbear HD than class HD. But it's up to GM's judgment but those extra features give lot of extra power to the char.

But overall the +1 template gives 'too much' and it's a 3.0 material so it by default gives wonky perks compared to 3.5 stuff. I call tiefling and aasimar races more +0 races than +1 but I consider Dark creature template a solid +1 LA template (and draconic as well). If your willing take +1 LA template, the draconic template gives +2 Str, Con and Cha and some natural armor and claws as natural attack. So overall very good for thayan gladiator who uses warblade class powers.

Also as Re Z L mentioned, the template is strong (near broken even by my opinion), but warshaper level would be quite fine deal and easiest race to qualify for it is changeling (or shifter). Also warshaper gives crit and stun immunity (both valuable in arena combat). Also +4 to Str and Con also.

Snake

Ialso considered a half-dragon type with human base: dragon tail, multiattack and dragon breath as feats

3 natural attacks per turn, plus a full power breath weapon 1d4 turns? *cackle* but that LA+3 kind of hurts unfortunately

*<3's his dragon types though*

But Zaer and Kunoichi are right, I'm overreaching a little. Draconic is a fine template for a LA+1

Warshaper is nice but you have to have an ability to shapeshift somehow and (wildshape ranger? that's the class I used with a few variant added.)

as a note: while I have the ToB, the whole way they do things is a little wonky for me to grasp. *feels stupid*

RubySlippers

I could use a body guard and enforcer slave, basic duties look scary and kick ass and if executions need to be done it will be their task to do so. Oh did I mention she will give

I suggest as a Patron Deity Kossuth he is straight forward, LE is fine with him and he doesn't mind ambitious Thayans for her wife's deity.  ;D

Kunoichi

Draconic Wild Elf Thayan Gladiator sounds like a solid character concept to me.  I'd love to see the build for it, Snake. ^^

Rune

Quote from: Warlock on August 11, 2014, 04:38:15 PM
@Rune: 7 is managable for me, so since you had something in mind already you can get cracking on character.

Awesome! I will get working on it!

Do I have any tie ins with the other characters (I kept my origin brief to better fit in with other character's stories). I'm not just asking the GM, but also any other characters that I might potentially could have a shared history with.

Kunoichi

Quote from: Rune on August 11, 2014, 06:09:06 PM
Awesome! I will get working on it!

Do I have any tie ins with the other characters (I kept my origin brief to better fit in with other character's stories). I'm not just asking the GM, but also any other characters that I might potentially could have a shared history with.

Well, as a Red Wizard-turned-slave girl, you might have something of a history with my Halfling slave girl character.  Perhaps you could also belong to Zaer's character, and put your bardic magic to use in his service?

Alternately, if Ironwolf comes through with that lady Illithid character, that could certainly lead things down an interesting path...

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I am Kunoichi's chars owner (a illusionist red wizard who uses shadow weave). So if want stick with the story being cursed former red wizard who has transformed into a bard slave girl of all things considered, you could serve my char (or RubySlippers as she plays my char's sister).

Rune

I will stick with the character origin. I guess one other question I have is that if you knew my character before or after the transformation, or both. Also, did you have a hand in cursing him?

RubySlippers

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on August 11, 2014, 06:19:12 PM
Yeah, I am Kunoichi's chars owner (a illusionist red wizard who uses shadow weave). So if want stick with the story being cursed former red wizard who has transformed into a bard slave girl of all things considered, you could serve my char (or RubySlippers as she plays my char's sister).

I'm married in the game I need muscle far over a pleasure slave. Anyway I'm sure the cursing was legal the laws among Red Wizards is pretty lax likely, for some odd reason.  >:)